HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 69 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Rating 5 V
Tombow
post Mar 12 2007, 02:04 AM
Post #16

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(Allashandra @ Mar 12 2007, 04:52 AM) [snapback]516773[/snapback]
Well it looks like we are in for another late raw this month. To help with the wait I have the cover of this coming issue of Gangan and the title page for chapter 69. Both images in color. I will give links so do not click them unless you don't mind being spoiled!

Gangan issue 4 2007 cover http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6096/200703122hf4.jpg

Chapter 69 title page http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8453/2007031220ab6.jpg

Allashandra - Thanks!! The title page looks awesome!!
I can't wait to read the rest of the chapter!!

GanGan April issue (which is the one just came out for March) cover says this month's GanGan contains "Hagaren Spring Festival" special!! I wanna see!!! biggrin.gif
(And, it says Tankoubon 16 ...vol 16 of FMA jmanga... is coming out on March 22. ^^)

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mena
post Mar 12 2007, 04:06 AM
Post #17

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,442

The Chapter 69 wasn`t for the 12 of March? sad.gif

Kimbley love´s baby´s blink.gif xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nekokitty
post Mar 12 2007, 07:21 AM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 36,425

It's not out yet.
Imageshack had to be blocked at my school. D:
*Is desperate to read it*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vitor 3000
post Mar 12 2007, 07:51 AM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 28,711

What is the name of the chapter? O_O

--------------------
Ce qui vient au monde pour ne rien troubler ne mérite ni égards ni patience.

EARTH! FIRE! DOUBLE E! WATER! HEART! SPLEEN! AND MY AXE!

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

+Quote Post
riza hawkeye 9
post Mar 12 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #20

Apprentice

Member No.: 40,589

the wait is killing me ;____;

but [spoiler] OMFG ROY !!!!! AND RIZA !!! if they are in the cover greats chances that they will be in the chapter !! *___* [/spoiler]

it's out !!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zt4lo2
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tnl5by
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W1PSCP7H
http://download.yousendit.com/E03F8D203DE7FEF5

kasumicc posted on LJ just now !!!!

thank you kasumicc ^^

time for spoiler thread !!!! and oh yes !!! i was right [spoiler] ROY *___* and now i really really wanna know what's he's talking about [/spoiler]

--------------------
this sig is Nil-chan awesome work !!! thanks so much for let me use it !!!!

The key to Roy Mustang is that he is willing to sacrifice everything but his queen

+Quote Post
Reta McClain
post Mar 12 2007, 10:24 AM
Post #21

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,803

*jawdrop* Holy shit... That is totally kick ass chapter. Though I got one more reason to draw Olivier fanart... Such a cool character. And to continue my fanfic too...

Sloth is cute xD [spoiler]And I woudn't wear Winry's winter attire. [/spoiler]

--------------------

Adobe Photoshop Elements is my friend^^
My FanFiction.Net account
A Fangirl of Good Looking Fullmetal Alchemist Men = FGLFMAM

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Mar 12 2007, 10:27 AM
Post #22

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Time for the spoiler thread *is waiting for it to download*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Triple Soul_*
post Mar 12 2007, 10:38 AM
Post #23

Guests

[spoiler]Winry looks adorable;[/spoiler] it's good to see [spoiler]her[/spoiler] back.

[spoiler]AND THE ROY FANGIRLS REJOICE![/spoiler]

[How the heck did I mix up the strike and spoiler tags...?]

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Mar 12 2007, 11:17 AM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

It always amazes me how anxious we get when we want to see the raw, then the raw comes out ant it's:

"I want the translation!!" laugh.gif

Anyway, [spoiler]Winry is drawn so innocent looking. She even looks shorter then Ed. He's hunched over in the cell and she appears to be standing up straight. He still looks taller than her. laugh.gif [/spoiler]

[spoiler]Roy! Yeah! [/spoiler]

I look forward to the translation. Thanks for the link and whoever scans the manga! smile.gif

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Mar 12 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #25

Group Icon

Thank you, riza hawkeye 9!!!
*goes to dl!!!*

--------------------

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Mar 12 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #26

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

I am tempted to start a spoiler party thread, but I am pretty sure Tombow is already typing up a brief summary of it right now, so I better not ^^; I will save what I have to say until Tombow starts the thread. ^^

[spoiler]but just how the hell did Winry got to the North so fast? O_O I totally didn't expect her to appear so soon...

and Olivier is love. ♥♥♥♥♥♥ Good job @ killing him off in such an awesome way. 8D[/spoiler]

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Mar 12 2007, 11:27 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

^^ Ok, ok, I'll open the Spoiler party thread now!! Sorry!! biggrin.gif
Reta McClain, Triple Soul, Animeoldtimer, & AA battery, I can't move the posts to the spoiler party thread, please post them again on Spoiler Party thread. Thanks!! ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Mar 12 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #28

Brigadier General

QUOTE(Tombow @ Mar 12 2007, 11:27 AM) [snapback]516843[/snapback]
^^ Ok, ok, I'll open the Spoiler party thread now!! Sorry!! biggrin.gif

Oh I certainly am not trying to rush you here o.o;;

so please take your time~! ^^

--------------------
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Mar 12 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

~ Chapter 69 Spoiler Party! ~

Here you go!!
I'll be back shortly as soon as I finish reading the chapter!!! biggrin.gif
(I'm back!! ^^) And, here is...

Page by Page Summaries for Chapter 69!!
(As usual, this is meant for summary only, so that you get some idea what's going on on each page of chapter 69! For more details, please wait for the translations/scanlations!! ^^)

Chapter 69: "The foundation of Briggs"

Page 1
The solders in the fort play along with Armstrong's plan and speak of Ed and Al as if Ed and Al are not their allies, and tell Raven that they suspect Ed and Al are spies for Drachma, blah, blah.
After hearing those, Raven visit Ed and Al in the cell.

Page 2
The title cover for this chapter!!! (Note: This title cover is soooo awesome!!! )
(*zooming to read the 礎(ishizue = foundation stone/corner stone) character in the title...*)
Hagaren Chapter 69: "The foundation of Briggs."
Also, over the Armstrong's side, caption reads: "Strongest Unity."
And, on the right side with Mustang, the caption reads: "Absolute Trust"!! (awesome!! ^^)

Page 3
Raven introduce himself to Ed and Al in the cell. and tells Ed that Bradley told him of them (Ed and Al.) Ed remembers Mustang's words that the upper ranks of Amestris military is all on Bradley's side, and plays along accordingly.
Raven sends away the guards so that they can talk alone.
Raven: "I see you haven't told anything to ones in Briggs." Ed (grudgingly): "As promised."

Page 4
Raven: "I sense discontent." Ed: "Of course I am!! You even took a hostage!! ..."
Raven goes on to preach Ed and Al how this will be all good for them in the end, what they are doing is good for the world, and Ed and Al, along with the ones in the Briggs, should be thankful for being included as part of it..

Page 5
Al: "When can we be released from the cell? You promised we'll be free to continue the travel, as long as we do not interfere with your plan." Raven: "In time."
Ed: "What are you going to do with the tunnel below? That tunnel is a part of your "plan," is it not?? What if ones in Briggs found out about it.."
Raven: "No need to worry. Major General Armstrong is going to put that homunculi back in the tunnel, and close the hole. She is on our side now." Ed: "...!!"

Page 6
Raven: "They are closing the tunnel now. It may be done in a week or so."
Meantime, Armstrong oversees the operation to close the hole reading to the tunnel.
Henschel (spelling?) protests to Armstrong about following Raven's order to close the tunnel, and starts talking about sending the search party for the missing solders.
Armstrong hushes him, and orders him to shut up and just follow the order.

Page 7
Elsewhere in the fort, Kimbley and Miles chat.
(Note: Gahaha, "chat".. yeah, right, like they are some old buddies... XDD)
Kembley: "Follow the power, you say... Even 'the impenetrable Briggs' North Cliff' would bend under the authority?" Miles: "Wise choice, I presume."

Page 8
As Kimbley and Miles chat, Sloth gets reeled inside. As he gets warmed up, Sloth wakes up.

Page 9
Raven speaks to awakened Sloth.
Raven: "Good morning Sloth!! Slept well?" Sloth: "Who are you? I want to go back to sleep."
Raven: "No, no, you still have a job to do."

Page 10
Raven: "Pride told you, right? To complete your task... " Sloth: "Wha... Pride??"
Sloth: "It's tiresome... but.. I.. will.. do.. my.. job."

Page 11
Sloth goes back to the job of digging the tunnel, mumbling.. Sloth: "Tiresome... why.. was.. I .. feeling.. tiresome? It's too tiresome to remember..."
Raven announces to the solders who are observing this scene that Sloth is not a spy for Drachma, but rather, he is a homunculi working for the Central Army, and working to make this country stronger, but this is still a top secret.

Page 12
Raven concludes his soap-box address: "Go hurry and close this hole, my fellows in Briggs!! You are now our comrades who share the secret!!"
Meanwhile, elsewhere in a hut somewhere in the North, Marcoh struggles to read Scar's brother's note.

Page 13
Mei: "You can't read it?" Marchoh: "No. It looks this is an ancient Ishivalan language. When it comes to important part it switches to ancient Ishvalan language, so that the common people can not read the note... "
Marcho continues: "This is a trouble. If I can't even read the letters I can't scramble the codes.... Maybe Scar can read it. It's a good possibility that Ishivalan priest might know the Ancient Ishivalan language." Mei: "I wonder if anything happened to Scar-san... It has been a week, and he still hasn't met up with us."

Page 14
Solder A from Brigg: "Found them! A girl with a 'black & white' cat." Solder B: "Let's go!"
Nop, they are not going to capture Mei, because someone knocks them out!!
(Note: Of course we know who that is... ^^)

Page 15
Here is Scar!! With Yoki in a tow. ^^
They reunited with Mei and Marchoh.
Scar: "Did you find the research note?" Mei: We sure did!"
Scar: "We move the locations! This place was found by the solders from Briggs!"
Scar: "Hurry!" Mei: "Yes!!"

Page 16
Back in the fort, they finished closing the hole that's leading to the tunnel, and sealing it by pouring the concrete over it while Raven and Armstrong observe the work in progress.
Raven goes on with his self righteous rambling (Note: my biased opinion..^^) to Armstrong: "Good. We, the chosen one will be given the bodies that are closer to God, then control the world.... Smith, was it (the name of one of the solders)?? The missing solders in the tunnel... they are the minor casualties for the larger good. Their sacrifice will be rewarded as we bring this country to the new hight!"

Page 17
Armstrong: "The ones below should be sacrificed for the chosen few?"
Raven: "Exactly! 'The Survival of the Fittest.' The weak and fool ones will be sacrificed, and laid out as the base foundation of the country, and the strong ones will prosper the country on top. Armstrong: "That weak ones included Ishival also?"
Raven: "Yes, that was all in a plan. That weak tribe was destined to be perished. Everything was part of the plan. The civil unrest... everything."
Meanwhile, Miles awaits Kimbley to finish his call.
Kembley: "Oh, I see.. yes, please let me do... Yes, yes.." And he finishes the call.

Page 18
Kimbley: "Excuse me for making you wait." Miles: "You seem to be making diligent reports on the phone." Kimbley: "I should. As I'm entrusted with the job. By the way, where is General Raven? I need to tell him something.."
Miles: "You were mortally wounded, yet made full recovery in a day, and showed up here in a day with General Raven. What kind of magic have you done???"
Kimbley: "That is not your concern. Where is General Raven?"

Page 19
Miles: "Hold it. I still have a question. You were incarcerated in the prison for killing the superior. How were you allowed to get out suddenly?" Kimbley: "As I said, none of your concern."
Meanwhile, back at the site of tunnel sealing operation..
Armstrong: "How long this plan has been in place?" Raven: "I heard, since the founding of this country." Armstrong: "What a grand scale plan this is!!" Raven: "Yes. And, finally..."

Page 20
Raven: "Finally, my generation would complete the plan! No time for Sloth to rest!"
Armstrong thinking... "That's why he seemed in a hurry."
Raven: "Appreciate your cooperation, General Armstrong. I'll talk to the "above," and let them prepare a chair for you."
Armstrong: "It is not necessary to prepare the "chair" for me." Raven: "What?"

Page 21
(Note: Whoa!! Armstrong stubbed Raven!! blink.gif )
Armstrong: "Was Smith's arm the left one? Or the right one? ... Aging really is something to be feared and dreaded, General Raven.. You must have been once a young and sublime military man long time ago who truly cared for this country!"
Raven: "What?!!! What are you doing, Armstrong?!! I said, we're getting a chair for you!! You would be a chosen few!!"

Page 22
Armstrong: "I told you.. I do not need a new chair! Instead, vacate your seat you are occupying with your rotten old butt! Old pollutant!!"
Raven: "Are you giving up immortality? It's right in front of us!!"
(Note: Armstrong looks scary!! ph34r.gif )

(Note: Page 23 and Page 24 in the chapter 69 Raw we got, courtesy of kasumicc, is a repeat of Page 22. Hence I'm skipping Page 23 and Page 24. ^^)

Page 25 23
Henschel: "That immortality... is that something worth betraying your country and discarding your comrades??"
Armstrong: "Become the foundation, literally, here at the basement of Briggs, General Raven!!"
And with that, Raven sinks into the newly poured concrete!!

Page 26 24
Armstrong: "Buccaneer, send a message to Miles! Others, continue the work!"
Buccaneer hands her a fresh pair of gloves: "General."

Page 27 25
Armstrong: "Level the concrete well!" Solder/worker: "Yes, ma'am!"
Henschel: "General, please wait!!.." Henschel pleads Armstrong to stop sealing the hole so that they can still send the search party for Smith and other missing solders.
Armstrong: "Henschel.."

Page 28 26
Armstrong signals Henschel to come along. Henschel: "What is it?"
Armstrong: "In case of situation like this, the Fullmetal has had created another opening."

Page 29 27
Meanwhile, somewhere in the Central..
Mustang: "Kimbley?" Lady (I can't remember her name. She is one of the lady at the bar. I'll fill in the name later. ^^) : "Yap. My friend's friend is working as a nurse at the base of Briggs mountains, (and she said) he came to the hospital with serious injury, yet quickly got discharged the next day! (She said) the recovery was impossible! Right after General Raven had visited him, he was healed!" Mustang: "General Raven??!!"

Page 30 28
Lady: "He came to the bar before. He's an insolent lecher!" Mustang: "Raven and Kimbley.."
Mustang thanks her and pays her, and asks if she needs a ride. She declines and leaves.
As she leaves, someone else speaks to Mustang: "She gave you a cold shoulder? Young man?"

Page 31 29
Woman at the flower shop: "That type of woman needs to be approached with an impact, with a huge bouquet of flowers! So... would you like to buy some flowers from me?"
Mustang declines. Women continues: "Some might reject you, and some might take you.. I have a message from the 'Briggs' North Cliff,' Major General Oliviera Mira Armstrong, Roy Mustang."

Page 32 30
Mustang: "Interesting... let me buy all the flowers on the cart!"
Meantime, back at the North, Kimbley and Miles continue their conversation.
Kimbley: "What is it? What with these accusations? Is that because you are Ishvalan and I was the State Alchemist who played an active role in the war? What does it make to satisfy you? An apology? Compensations?.. No, you would not be satisfied with some superficial means such as those. Deaths of your fellow tribesmen must not be as light as such for you... Or, would you like to know the details of how your fellow tribesmen have died?"
Miles: "Shut up, Kimbley!!"

Page 33 31
Kimbley: "If that's what you want, I can tell you every details.."
Miles: "I said SHUT UP!!!"
Just then, the messenger from Armstrong interrupts them. Miles goes outside the door to hear the message.

Page 34 32
The messenger whispers: "The message is, 'The plan has completed. No need to kill any more time.' " Miles: "Understood. .. Thank God! Finally, I can stop the conversation with that one. Even as an act, carrying such a futile conversation was a chore!"
Miles goes back to see kimbley: "Kimbley, ... General Raven is missing. Do you know any place he might have gone?"

Page 35 33
Kimbley: "Missing?" Miles: "This is troublesome. This fort is not a safe place for a stranger to be wondering around. .. if anything happens to the Lieutenant General.."
Kimbley: "I say, you shouldn't be worried too much. That is rather an welcome news for me. .. I have an direct order from the Fuhrer that if anything happens to the General I can move on my own. ... Now then, I have some business at the base of the mountains. Could you get me a ride, Major Miles?"

Page 36 34
Kimbley: "Do you understand? Now, my action is the same as the Fuhrer's action. So then, the ride..."
Ed is highly irritated in the cell. He talks to the guard.
Ed: "Yo, when can I get out of here?" Guard: "Just wait." Ed: "Any news on searching 'Black & White' cat and the girl?" Guard: "Don't worry, we are searching for them."

Page 37 35
Guard: "I understand you're being impatient, but it's also important to rest your body for the next time you may need to spring for the action." Ed: "So many things are happening around me, and only my time has been wasted. I can't sit still. ...
Ed sips some tea, looks at it, then realizes.. Ed: "By any chance, does this tea cost 100 sens??"
Guard: "Nop, mine costs 200 sens!" Ed: "I'm returning it!" Guard: "Refused!"
The noise approaches...

Page 38 36
Kimbley enters: "Oh, hello, I'd like to see Mr. Fullmetal Alchemist."
Kimbley sees Ed's expression: "Hmm, that is such a suspicious look. Am I not very liked? ...Anyway, I brought a guest to Elric brothers today. ..Please come in."
The guest comes in...

Page 39 37
Winry: "Ah!!" Ed: "AHHHH!!"

Page 40 38
Ed: "You Fool!!" Al: "Why did you come here!!" Winry: "What do you mean 'why?'!! You need to switch yours to Northern Automail, don't you??" Ed: "Nobody called you!!" Winry: "No way!! I got the call from the military!!" Ed: "To begin with, how can you show up so carelessly to such a dangerous.. I mean .. Winry: "Wha? What? Or, rather, why are being in a jail? What did you do??" Ed: "Well, ah, oh, what did you do with your customers in the Rush Valley??" Al: "Did you just leave them unattended?" Winry: "Well, excuuuuuse me!! Of course I attended them all before I left!!" Winry: "Here!! Gift to Al!! Polishing oil!!" Al: "Waaa, thank you!!! No, I mean..."
Kimbley: "Now, now, everyone... please calm down."

Page 41 39
Kimbley: "I've heard that Mr. Fullmetal Alchemist hasn't switched his automail to the one made for the Northern climate. I talked this to Fuhrer, and he was quite concerned. And, sent Ms. Rockbell here." Kimbley grips Winry's shoulders with his destructive hands, and tells Elrics: "You two, Fuhrer has been very worried about you!" Caption reads: The trump card has been delivered!!

The next chapter, chapter 70 will come out in Japan on April 12th, Thursday!!

ETA: AA battery, I'm switching Ed - Bradley scene to Attachment on your post, 'cause it stretches the forum page, and I need the normal size page while making edit to my first post and adding summaries. ^^
ETA2: Thanks, AA battery for catching the typo in the thread title!! happy.gif *hugs!!* ^^
ETA3: My connection is slow at the moment, and it might take a while, but I'll get it all done today. ^^
ETA4: I'm back and resuming the summary making. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Mar 12 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #30

Brigadier General

yay 8D thx tombow~

I will just post what I "noticed" right away when I read this chapter...

Now... does this ring a bell?

now look.
Attached File  Hagaren04_111.jpg ( 48.58K ) Number of downloads: 69

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/Alp...garen04_111.jpg

OMG WINRY IS PRIDE!!!!! (j/k of cuz)

But well that shall prove that it's indeed the real Winry, since Envy shouldn't know that Winry promised Al that she would get him local polishing oil...
Also proves that Ed and Al are indeed brothers LOL

<Switched the oversize pic from Image posting to Attachment to stop stretching of the forum page sideways. ^^ 03/12/07 ~Tombow>

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 10:08 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css