HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 69 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Rating 5 V
Nepharski
post Mar 6 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,257

First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 69 here. smile.gif

For info on the "Reading Reference", go to page 26.

=================

Spoiler Party starts on page 2!!

"...American Gladiators should be on right about now."

Last month on Desperate Alchemists, time for a clip show! Hohenheim questions his long-term health plan, and things do not improve as he blinks during the family photo-op. reaffirming his potential for a career in carpentry, Hohenheim realizes all too quickly what it took everyone else 67 chapters to figure out, and takes leave of Trisha for an extended camping trip.

Fast forwarding to the present, it is dark in your base, and your doods are likely to be eaten by a Grue. As Olivia fishes for Raven, he tries to convince her that all the cool kids are doing it. Informed of a disturbance in the force, the generals run off to see what happen, Fallman demonstrates the proper way to package your shrimp, and Ed meets the infamous Micheal Jackson. The situation at hand (lol) not improving, will Olivia find a way to deal with Pierrot le Raven? Why does Bradley keep his secret scotch bar so close to the phone? Will the fans ever realized that Winry isn't Lust?

We'll just have to find out.

<Last edited by Michiyo- on Sept. 25, 2011>

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nekokitty
post Mar 6 2007, 07:54 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 36,425

This another thing I look forward to each month besides, the newest chapter.
I just love your short summaries, Nepharski.
They're just brillant. x)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reta McClain
post Mar 7 2007, 06:50 AM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,803

^I second that.

Kimbley = Michael Jackson blink.gif Okay... I never saw that one coming.

I hope we'll get to see more Winry in this chapter^^ (O.O Is it already going to be 69th??? Time flyes...)

--------------------

Adobe Photoshop Elements is my friend^^
My FanFiction.Net account
A Fangirl of Good Looking Fullmetal Alchemist Men = FGLFMAM

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Mar 7 2007, 07:01 AM
Post #4

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Ah, only you can start chapter discussions this well.

Winry is like sooooo going to be Lust...like duh tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Mar 7 2007, 07:29 AM
Post #5

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 38,530

Nepharski, I love reading your witty introductions! Tombow remarked that this chapter is going to be entitled "The Other Side". Could this possibly be a referance to the Gate and our dear friend Truth? Anyways, I am defiently looking forward to the chapter.

Chiyo: I love your siggy!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Mar 7 2007, 09:23 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(Reta McClain @ Mar 7 2007, 05:50 AM) [snapback]514618[/snapback]
Kimbley = Michael Jackson blink.gif Okay... I never saw that one coming.

I might have figured. Guys' come a long way from being a smooth criminal.

For reference.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Mar 7 2007, 02:15 PM
Post #7

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(Edamame @ Mar 7 2007, 03:29 PM) [snapback]514625[/snapback]
Tombow remarked that this chapter is going to be entitled "The Other Side". Could this possibly be a referance to the Gate and our dear friend Truth?

I think it's rather a reference to wikipedia, where Tombow would have gotten that info from. happy.gifU
(Correct me if I'm wrong, Tombow)

This chapter title just appeared there without no backup whatsoever from the usual foreshadowing pages (according to those at LJ who check them, at least)

So, in short, take that chapter title with a grain of salt. Or a whole bag.

EDIT: Awesome Kimbley!Jackson (or viceversa?) pic, Nepharski XD

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Mar 7 2007, 03:26 PM
Post #8

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

I almost died laughing @ the summary. 8D

As for the "The Other Side", someone wrote it on wikipedia, and personally I think that's just a prank/random guess by people... I really don't think that would be the next chapter's title... (but hey, who knows... maybe Arakawa really pulled out something nice that fits that title) so we will have to wait for a few more days to find out if that's really the real title. ^^

I miss Riza, Gluttony, Lin!Greed, and Ranfun. D:

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Vitor 3000
post Mar 7 2007, 05:43 PM
Post #9

Citizen

Member No.: 28,711

I loved that summary XDD I laughed a lot in the "Michael Jackson" part. When I saw him going out of the prison, with that hat, I almost heard "you've been hit by a smooth criminal".

But, apart for that, I think I must put what I expect from the next chapter. I really don't believe in this "The Other Side" from Wikipédia. If it were from another site, maybe I would, but I already had a heart attack when I saw the Tsunade (from Naruto), where they describe scenes that never happened (and it was so well written I almost believed XDD). But, anyway, let's wait for the chapter.

In the 69, I'm hoping that Arakawa satisfies the Ling's fan, and make him appear. Who knows. But my hopes aren't very high. She must show Raven and Armstrong, focus on them. But I don't know, I'm smelling an appearence of another Homunculus (aka. not Sloth), but I must be wrong (I always am). Hoho-senpai shouldn't appear, he must be put still more two chapters, only in chapter 71 we must see him again. But I think the chapter will end with Dr. Marcoh seeing what is wrong in the alchemy (by the way, Scar's Brother saw something wrong with Rentanjutsu or Renkinjutsu?). As for Winry, I have no clue, but I think the Führer will call her to eat apple pie.

--------------------
Ce qui vient au monde pour ne rien troubler ne mérite ni égards ni patience.

EARTH! FIRE! DOUBLE E! WATER! HEART! SPLEEN! AND MY AXE!

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

+Quote Post
Jedi28
post Mar 7 2007, 06:20 PM
Post #10

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,040

One thing I noticed previously is that Winry did find out that Ed was heading North and Garfiel comments "oh my, he's going to die." We never see Winry's reaction to that but as an automail engineer she had to know Ed would be in trouble in that cold with automail. I wouldn't be surprise if the Fuhrer tells her Ed is in trouble and needs her help. She'd believe him of course since she already knows Ed's somewhere he shouldn't be with automail. She then shows up at Briggs to try and help him (putting her in potential danger with Sloth, Kimbley and Raven there) and also demonstrating quite clearly to Ed that "lookie, I have control over your friend's life, still want to mess with me?"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Mar 8 2007, 04:09 AM
Post #11

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Love the summary!! laugh.gif Awesome job, as usual!! happy.gif

@Sensenic - I posted "I stumbled upon this," and that was only meant for other non-manga thread to keep the interest going!! Oh how fast the information travels!! XDDD
And, since it's from wiki, I'll take it with a spoonful of salt!! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The random alche...
post Mar 8 2007, 02:07 PM
Post #12

Alchemists

Member No.: 42,778

Winry=/=Lust... I don't get what's everyone's obsession with human going homunculi. It was done with a certain Xing Prince if Arakawa keeps doing it stuffs going to get repetive and boring like the Pokemon series .___.

Great Summary :3, its lol-goodness!

I agree with Jedi28, it makes sense to lie and get Winry to scurry off there to prove a point.
Also I believe we might get a glimpse at Father's plan some more.... really Father needs to do the whole villain evil plot sililoque (or however it spelled) sometime D:

--------------------
Where there is random you shall find me : D

+Quote Post
Wyrd_Raven
post Mar 9 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #13

Alchemists

Member No.: 24,884

Well can't wait to see what hijinks the katzen-elric kids get into this month ohmy.gif

--------------------
Tell me your wish. I will grant any wish. Just compensate me with one thing...

+Quote Post
Porgand
post Mar 11 2007, 10:04 AM
Post #14

Citizen

Member No.: 41,766

I should agree with Kimblee being MJ as both are sexy...ph34r.gif plzdon'tkillme!

Desperate Alchemits indeed, Nepharski! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Allashandra
post Mar 12 2007, 01:52 AM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 43,524

Well it looks like we are in for another late raw this month. To help with the wait I have the cover of this coming issue of Gangan and the title page for chapter 69. Both images in color. I will give links so do not click them unless you don't mind being spoiled!

Gangan issue 4 2007 cover http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6096/200703122hf4.jpg

Chapter 69 title page http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8453/2007031220ab6.jpg

--------------------
Get all of TMI-Scans' releases via directdownload at www.fmahq.com

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2016 - 08:19 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css