HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 68 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Nekokitty
post Feb 8 2007, 07:23 PM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,425

Hurrah! It's already out! Thanks Kirara!
*downloads and reads*

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 8 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #32

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

~ Chapter 68 Spoiler Party! Arakawa-sensei never ceases to surprise me!!! ~

Chapter 68, "Portrait of Family"!!!

This year's Hagaren "Valentine's Day moment" goes to... Hohenheim X Trisha!!!

Information-wise, not much in this chapter, but it got awesomely cute young Ed and Al, and fluffy lovely Trisha x Hohenheim family moments!! ^^

Here is a quick summary!!

The chapter starts with the snapshot moments of happy times at the Elrics with Trisha, Ed, Al and Hohenheim, leading to the day Ho-ho papa leaving the Elrics....

Trisha decides to get the family portrait, and although the visit by the photographer was unexpected to him, Ho-ho papa poses for the family photo.

Later on, Hohenheim ponders. He used to accept his immrotal body, but now he wants to grow old (and die) with Trisha and his sons.

He draws the Amestris Transmutation circle, (probably draws the conclusion as to what Father is up to... he says "that bustard!!")
He mutters to himself.. "this is the only way," and packs his bag.

Before he leaves he works on the swing for Ed and Al, ties the ropes tight again so that the swing will last for another while.

He was going to leave without seeing Ed and Al, but of course they would show up!! tongue.gif
(Baby Al had to pee and Ed took him to bathroom.) And, that's how he left Elrics.....

Back to the current Hohenheim, by the campfire at night... looking at the family pic and remembering the day he left Erlics... .

Meantime, at the North, the team that was investigating the tunnel gets slaughtered by some force. (Not much information is revealed as to what killed them yet.)

Olivier keeps on with the charade, but before she could obtain any further information from Raven the conversation was interrupted by the report of incident at the tunnel. (We see both what Armstrong is "thinking" and what she actually says. Likewise for Raven. Good scenes.)

Raven uses this incident (slaughter of solders by some unknown thing) as an excuse, and orders Armstrong to put back Sloth in the tunnel and seal the tunnel off.
(Hmmm... How will Armstrong dodge this?? We have to wait till next month to find out!!!)

Kimblee meets Ed and Al. Kimblee mistakes Al as the Fullmetal Alchemist.
(Me feel nostalgic about the old joke. biggrin.gif )

Kimblee reports on the phone to Bradley that Ed is in the North.

Bradley decides to raise the level of security a notch. .... Winry gets the phone call from "the military"... (Long time no see Garfiel-san!!)

Oh no!!!!! Dark cloud above Winry??!! Another cliffhanger!!!

(The next chapter is coming out on March 12!! And, Vol. 16 coming out on March 22 in Japan!!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
riza hawkeye 9
post Feb 8 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #33

Apprentice

Member No.: 40,589

thank you Tombow !!!! even if i can't say much, because i'm guessing looking at the pages XD ....

but while i'm waiting for translation ^^ ...

hoho-papa in the picture made me really sad ... i didin't expect that (and i don't understand waht they are talking either XD) , but seems a very sad chapter ...all the scenes between ed and hoho made me very sad ... especially the one when he picks him up ( to take the pic ) ... maybe we will know a little bit more about trisha's secret in this chap

and OMG what's that in the tunnel ??? Pride ??? ( i doubt .. but you never know ..) or even better Alucard XDDD

i'm gonna stop know so i won't say baseless things ... after i have some ideia whats going on i'll be back ^^

and OMG 2 ... King brandley !!! *jumps* ...the action is possible central in next chapter ... anyway happy to see him (more chances to see riza \o/)

--------------------
this sig is Nil-chan awesome work !!! thanks so much for let me use it !!!!

The key to Roy Mustang is that he is willing to sacrifice everything but his queen

+Quote Post
oneangredwarf
post Feb 8 2007, 08:32 PM
Post #34

Citizen

Member No.: 39,435

wow i really wanna read the scanlation for this, i hope it comes soon!!!
-liz

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Feb 8 2007, 08:35 PM
Post #35

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

I am dying to know what that thing was...

And oh no Winry is in danger. ohmy.gif But I squeed with delight when I saw her at the end of the chapters (and in cool goggles too).

+Quote Post
Guest_Triple Soul_*
post Feb 8 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #36

Guests

OH OF ALL THE TIMES TO NOT KNOW JAPANESEEEE...

Hohenheim cried. I wanna cry now. D:

...WTF was that thing in the tunnel? It scared me.

Winry! Long time no see!

[/bulletpoints]

+Quote Post
The random alche...
post Feb 8 2007, 09:12 PM
Post #37

Alchemists

Member No.: 42,778

oh my, can't wait to read this one Oo, Winry was in need of an appearance that's for sure. And it sounds like Hoho finally got his own chapter :3

--------------------
Where there is random you shall find me : D

+Quote Post
N. Havoc J.
post Feb 8 2007, 09:28 PM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 35,009

I think that thing in the tunnel was just some gaint super cimera that was watching over Sloth from a distance, thats why it attacked when they were going further into the tunnel.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Wyrd_Raven
post Feb 8 2007, 10:09 PM
Post #39

Alchemists

Member No.: 24,884

Pride theories rising... RISING... RISING!

But overall I like this chapter :3

--------------------
Tell me your wish. I will grant any wish. Just compensate me with one thing...

+Quote Post
Reta McClain
post Feb 8 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #40

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,803

O.O That was my expression after I saw this. O.O

This is... WOW!

-YAY! We got more Hoho!
-I love Ed's pajamas, ya know^^ They're seriously too cute. Al is cute too, don't worry Al-fans wink.gif
-I... didn't have any clue that Hoho was crying in that family portrait! I thought his face wasn't shown b/c Ed didn't like him!
-...How can someone be in that kind of position when they fall from a tree? O_o
-That tunnel thing scared a shit out of me *shudders* It looks like Truth somewhat...
-I hate Raven even more at the moment. He is creepy.
-Kimbley meets Elrics *gigglesnort* Way to go, Kimbley. Make enemies with them.
-What on Earth Garfiel is wearing?! O.O
-Winry-chan^.^

BTW, did someone alse notice that the first Winry panel in the chapter looked somewhat familiar? Dark room, stuff on the walls and on the table, alonely lamp... And someone's back when that certain someone is doing something important.
The beginning of the chapter 20 *wink wink*

[offtopic] The first Volume of FMA will be published today in Finnish! What should I do with it? [/offtopic]

--------------------

Adobe Photoshop Elements is my friend^^
My FanFiction.Net account
A Fangirl of Good Looking Fullmetal Alchemist Men = FGLFMAM

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Feb 9 2007, 12:36 AM
Post #41

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

Meantime, back to the future (I mean current Hagaren story) and at the North, the team that was investigating the tunnel gets slaughtered by some force.
(Not much information is revealed as to what killed them yet.)

Grues are rather irritable this time of year.

Excellent. Can't wait to read it.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
post Feb 9 2007, 01:03 AM
Post #42

Citizen

Member No.: 37,193

Guys, I know you're sick of crack Pride theories, but that horrible... *thing* the soldiers met in Sloth's tunnel is most likely Pride.

So for those of you who haven't downloaded the chapter, the scouts exploring Sloth's giant tunnel/transmutation circle encounter a giant shadow with handed tendrils resembling those from the doors, and giant, deformed, cat-slitted eyes. And what's more, it's a living shadow: the tendrils are actually drawn as shadows on the rocks. So whatever it is, it's *NOT* a chimera.

The creature is almost unmistakably Pride. First, Pride hides himself in the shadows. This creature *is* a shadow. Next, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, the creature has the slitted eyes of a homonculus. Eyes, as I remarked months ago, are the *only* consistent visual difference between people and homonculi. All six homonculi have inhuman eyes, and the eldest three we've seen, Lust, Envy and Greed, all have slitted cat eyes. Pride is the oldest homonculus and therefore should have these slitted eyes. In that vein, the creature demonstrates powers resembling Lust's, lashing out with tendrils of shadow.

Finally, the creature demonstrates intelligence by *not* pursuing the final scout outside the hole. In fact, it seems to stop just outside the sight range of the soldiers. And it would have to be intelligent enough to avoid attacking Sloth. As wild as the idea seems, I'm thoroughly convinced this creature is Pride in his "monster" form.

Now for some wild speculation. smile.gif I've always wondered why Pride hid his face. After all, he didn't seem to be deformed, and probably isn't a character we've seen. If he's a being of shadows, then perhaps he's *always* restricted to the shadows and can't function in the same capacity as the other homonculi. Furthermore, perhaps since he's a "shadow", he can be in more than one place at once, or at least *observe* more than one place at once. It would certainly explain the respect the other homonculi show for Pride.

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Feb 9 2007, 01:09 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 11,694

What the....?! blink.gif

So early? Impressive! Thx a lot Kirara!

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 9 2007, 01:15 AM
Post #44

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(Quote @ Feb 9 2007, 04:03 AM) [snapback]502798[/snapback]
Guys, I know you're sick of ....

@Quote - I'm going to move your post to Chapter 68 Spoiler Party thread where actual content of Chapter 68 are being discussed. biggrin.gif

ETA : I moved your post. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Feb 9 2007, 01:47 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 11,694

Another vote for Shadow!Pride here ( ^o^)/

Immmpressive. But the best was Hohenheim indeed. I remember now I kept wondering why she kept hiding Hoho's face on that photo even after we had met him... Well, guess we know now. How touching ;_;
And WTF does Hoho mean with "ever since I turned/got/whatever into this body" or "that's why I turned into this body" (or similar)? Aaarrgh, the suspense! What is he?! Damn!

And Tombow, those last panels of Hoho looking at the pic are from now, no more FB. You can tell because the space between panels is white, whereas in all flashbacks is black. happy.gif

Whatever he's doing, seems he's getting close to finish it. Took him damn long enough.

Arrrr! A chapter that seemed so explicative, what with the FB and all, and it added many more questions! I want Moar!

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 11:23 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css