War, Do you think its a solution ?
The Dan
post Feb 4 2007, 09:31 PM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,441

QUOTE(Kenji @ Feb 4 2007, 09:11 PM) [snapback]501218[/snapback]
Once again, narrow minded-ness and pride comes during negotiating with both side wants a Win-Lose situation, instead of a Win-Win situation...

Narrow-mindedness and pride are two major setbacks of humanity, and unless we can get rid of those there will never be a lack of conflict (And what better way to solve conflict then a 500,000 body count?).

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kenji
post Feb 4 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #17

Brigadier General

Member No.: 44,341

500,000 body count

Forgiveness...instead of revenge....

+Quote Post
The Dan
post Feb 4 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 44,441

QUOTE(Kenji @ Feb 4 2007, 09:35 PM) [snapback]501243[/snapback]
500,000 body count

Forgiveness...instead of revenge....

sounds fine on paper, yes, but unless you've been in a vengeful situation don't try to be Idealist.

If you have, of course, then my point is invalid and you are a very strong person.

However, there are millions of weak people out there for whom forgiveness is near impossible. I dunno why, but that's how it is and it's difficult to avoid.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kenji
post Feb 4 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #19

Brigadier General

Because there are millions of people who is willing to let Mr.Hyde take over their body when they confront unforeseen circumstances...such as tragedy...

I controlled my "Mr.Hyde" in my body well... You might get on my nerves today, but yo can see my smile tomorrow... Thats what my friends "labelled" me...

-----
Out of topic...you are intresting...whats your age?

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Feb 4 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(Kenji @ Feb 4 2007, 08:11 PM) [snapback]501218[/snapback]
All hails the next White House Apprentice @The Dan

*claps, whistles from big-boop girls*

----
As a citizen who lives in a Third World Country, I strongly disagree that "war is neccesary"... There might be conflicts but conflicts can be resolved through table and chairs instead of bullets and guns...

Once again, narrow minded-ness and pride comes during negotiating with both side wants a Win-Lose situation, instead of a Win-Win situation...

Alright, fair enough. It turns out I've just perfected time travel. I want you to go back in time and negotiate with Hitler. Your mission is to negotiate both an end to his expansionism and racial cleansing policies, and end he can be trusted to uphold. You may use as much time, words, and non-violent resources as the world has to offer at that given time.

When you've finished, report back to me.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Kenji
post Feb 4 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #21

Brigadier General

Hey...the reason WWII started is because of the Versailles Treaty that has a Win-Lose situation... The Allied has the Win situation while Germany is in the lose situation. If the Versailles Treaty has a Win-Win situation, perhaps WWII might not have started...

But thank you nevertheless, without WWII, my country will not gain independence...

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Feb 4 2007, 11:16 PM
Post #22

Yes, preemptive negotiation is always preferred to war (President Wilson actually advised against punishing Germany harshly, as that would lead to resentment and potential problems down the road). But when it's too late for that and the negotiations have failed, war is sometimes the best next step.

--------------------
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

+Quote Post
Kenji
post Feb 4 2007, 11:34 PM
Post #23

Brigadier General

They can revoke the Versailles Treaty...nevertheless and make a new aggrement...

But thank you nevertheless, without WWII, my country will not gain independence...

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Feb 4 2007, 11:57 PM
Post #24

Yes, I heard you the first time. Dare I ask what country you hail from?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kenji
post Feb 5 2007, 12:07 AM
Post #25

Brigadier General

I am not repeating it..but it is related... I am from Malaysia

History is history..just can it and keep it aside...I doesn't want to see WWIII

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Feb 5 2007, 12:25 AM
Post #26

Except that you are repeating it. You've said so in both posts #21 and #23.

And I also don't want to see another World War, but if it comes down to that, we shall fight.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kenji
post Feb 5 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #27

Brigadier General

not between us, Nepharski...but between those hooligans...

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Feb 5 2007, 01:20 AM
Post #28

Of course.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Feb 5 2007, 07:51 AM
Post #29

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 3,609

Call me an idealist, it is better than justifying war. I know that "humans" are imperfect, and realistically, it is impossible to avoid because you have moronic people. But really, peace is not idealistic. Violence is not neccessary. This was living proof through Gandhi.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaizenyorii
post Feb 5 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #30

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,850

i always thought (just my opinion) that gandhi was really lucky that the british empire was in full decline when india finally got independance. if WW2 hadnt happened i dont know if his methods would have bore any results

--------------------

please dont steal my $hit// obey the Crouch

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 03:36 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css