HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 67 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Kirara
post Jan 10 2007, 06:20 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,267

First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 67 here. smile.gif

For info on the "Reading Reference", go to page 7.

===================

This is thanks to Kasumicc on Live Journal

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3u8snm

I am surprised there was no pre chapter topic this month

But anyways this chapter has some good stuff. biggrin.gif

<Last edited by Michiyo- on Sept. 11, 2011>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Allashandra
post Jan 10 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #2

Citizen

Member No.: 43,524

The raw for chapter 67 is here and can be downloaded at FMA HQ courtesy of TMI-Scans.

Edit: Well it looks like Kirara's post happened while I was making mine so if a mod would like to merge the posts or delete mine that is fine.

<Threads are merged as requested. ^^ ~Tombow>

--------------------
Get all of TMI-Scans' releases via directdownload at www.fmahq.com

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Jan 10 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

Yeah, that was my bad for slacking off. I just sorta never got around to it this month. Next chapter thread will need to be twice as amazing to compensate.

In the meantime, Chapter 67!

EDIT: Err, file corrupted?

EDIT 2: Allashandra's link worked, and good God there's a lot of stuff flying around this one. [spoiler]Miles shares some "Kind" words with Kimbley, Raven shows up with the golden toothed doctor from Bradley's memory, that giant transmutation theory again, and Hohenheim is...what the-?[/spoiler]

Suddenly, February feels so very far away.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jan 10 2007, 06:49 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,267

I uploaded the file again and edited it in the first post not sure why it was corrupted

And yes I miss your pre posts Nepharski smile.gif

And I knew I saw that guy somewhere (the one from Bradley's memory) I just couldn't remember.

[spoiler]Is that Philosopher Stone coming out of Hohenheim[/spoiler]

+Quote Post
riza hawkeye 9
post Jan 10 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #5

Apprentice

Member No.: 40,589

OMG !!! thank you so much ^^

*runs off to read*

[spoiler] is that a transmutations circle under amestris ???? ..and hoho papa ... what is that ...a PS???? ....and general Raven (is that his name ... i don't recall) perharps is trying to get mila to the homunculus side ???... and the doctor ... omg ... this chapter is so small....and yet so much information...[/spoiler]

i quote Nepharski
Suddenly, February feels so very far away

--------------------
this sig is Nil-chan awesome work !!! thanks so much for let me use it !!!!

The key to Roy Mustang is that he is willing to sacrifice everything but his queen

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jan 10 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #6

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

[spoiler]omg this chapter feels so short what the hell is hoho-papa up to I wonderrrrrr omg I can't wait for next chappppp\

the doctor that healed kimbley... I think he is one of those there when nameless dude became Wrath, right?[/spoiler]

someone shoot me.

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Guest_Triple_Soul_Alchemist_*
post Jan 10 2007, 08:40 PM
Post #7

Guests

EDITED

Well, after reading, I have but one thing to say.

My desire to learn how to read Japanese text has never been stronger. My emotions are a combination of SQUEE and WTF right now...

But now I have some panels to save and play around with. Ehehehehe.

EDIT 2: After gawking at some of the panels close-up, I notced that [spoiler]Hohenheim still has a bullet hole, or so it appears to be, to me, on his collar...[/spoiler]

Dunno if that has any real significance or not, but eh.

*waits for scantilations*

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 10 2007, 09:29 PM
Post #8

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Thank you, Kirara for the rar file, and Allashandra for the zip file!! happy.gif

OMG, all those informations (tho we learn only the beginning of those explanations, like what Mei is talking about the Rentanjitsu...)

Have to go back and read it again... and again and again... tongue.gif

@AA - Yeah, I think so. (About the Doc.)

One funny part... [spoiler]General Alex playing up "female" stuff[/spoiler] and the subordinates' reaction .. >.<

Going back to read it again now... see you later... biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wyrd_Raven
post Jan 10 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #9

Alchemists

Member No.: 24,884

Well after reading this chapter...
[spoiler]It looks like Father's transmutation of Amestris and the Human Sacrifices being the key points is becoming more plausible. I wonder if Father wants to replace Truth afterall[/spoiler]

--------------------
Tell me your wish. I will grant any wish. Just compensate me with one thing...

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 11 2007, 12:50 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

~ Chapter 67 Spoiler Party!, Spoilers abound!! ^^ ~

So that we can post and discuss the contents of chapter 67 without using spoilers, I'm opening the "chapter 67 spoiler party thread" as usual... ^^

----------------------------------------------------------------

Chpater 67: "Shape of the Nation"
(Or, something like that... this page by page guide is meant for summary only. As usual, please wait for translations/scanlations to be available later!! biggrin.gif )

Page by page summary:

Page 1: Ed wakes up in a brig cell in Briggs.

Page 2: A solder gives Ed and Al update... Falman is still checking out the tunnel and not back yet.. Miles is heading to the hospital because a State Alchemist named Kimbley is admitted there.. he was injured heavily fighting Scar on the train coming here..

Page 3: Ed ponders the news that Scar and Kembley are in the North.
Meantime, solders move Sloth to the shade where he will remain frozen all day.
After seeing that Miles gets in the car and tells driver that he's heading to the hospital to see Zolf J.Kimbley...

Page 4: Miles continues ... Kimbley, the one who massacred Ishvalans..
At the hospital, Miles reads the report and speak with Kimbley..
The report reads.. they did not find the bodies of Scar nor the other middle aged man from the separated train, meaning they are possibly hiding near by.
Miles tells Kimbley that they will take care of it, and Kimbley tells to hold it, that it's his job to find them, and tells solders of the North to stay away from this and concentrate on keeping the fort instead (his manner of speaking is kinda condescending here.. rolleyes.gif ) saying...

Page 5: Kimbley says.. "that Ishvalan is my prey."
For that Miles takes off his shades (showing his red eyes) and replies that the solders in the North aren't sissies to let the murderer run loose. The law at the North is "survival of the strongest" and "you snooze and you'll be done with." Then Miles gets back to Kimbley, telling him "what can you do in your current condition. Shut up or I'll pull this 'life-line'.."
(Those are not exact words of what he said, but they just sounded good here this way.. tongue.gif )

Page 6: Miles continues... "we are supposed to take care of you. Stay behaved." and leaves.
Kimbley mutters.. "Ishvalans are amusing (or something to that effect.)"
Next to arrive was Raven, saying he got the news last night, and came ASAP. Says he was worried sick.

Page 7: For that, Kimbley shows the stones, and tells "you were worried about these."
Seeing the stones, Raven tells Kimbley to carry on the task. Kembley says "but I'm in this condition"
And Raven replies "no worry, I brought a doctor who can do Alchemy." And the doctor enters the room. Says Raven, "plus the stones, you'll be making a complete recovery in no time."
Meantime, back at the fort...
(BTW, on this page it says next chapter will be out on Saturday, March Feb. 10!!)

Page 8: Armstrong is by the hole made by Sloth, the entrance to the tunnel, as Falman and the investigating team comes back, reporting that it's huge... as large as small armies can pass, and it's endless.. they couldn't reach the end, so they decided to return. They request another shift of investigating team, and horses (so that they can cover the distance.)

Page 9: As they lift down the horses Armstrong orders Ed and Al to be brought down, and also orders horses for them and herself. Together they head into the tunnel.

Page 10: As they head deep into the tunnel, Armstrong orders Ed and Al to get off the horses, then orders Ed to tell EVERYTHING, as there are no other eyes and ears around this time.
Armstrong continues to Ed... "when that huge monster had appeared and I questioned you about it, you asked me to 'guess your situation'...

Page 11: Armstrong continues.. "With that you trusted that I would understand your predicament, and I will take that as your answer. You might have been killed giving such "avoiding" amswer.. yet that's what you chose to give as your answer. Because you had something you had to protect by not giving me the information, even with putting your own life on the line, some predicament you wanted me to understand... such as... 'hostage' .."

Page 12: Armstrong goes on.. "I don't need the lie or fabrication. Tell the truth."
Ed tells about them having his childhood friend, and automail mechanic, under watch, and asks Armstrong's help, (and tells her everything, I assume...)
(After listening to Ed) Armstrong goes.. "Philosophers' stone.. homunculus ..."

Page 13: Armstrong continues.. "King Bradley... the man called 'father'.. the military top brasses being infected.. "
"And hostages, as suspected.." chimes in (I forgot his name here..) Buccaneer.
Armstrong takes that and continues.. "childhood friend, Mustang's subordinates... We often did joint trainings with the East HQ. I know Havoc and Hawkeye well. I hate to lose them... want to do something to save them."
For that, Falman asks, "how about Colonel Mustang??"
Armstrong replies, "ah, yeah, him... whatever happens."

Page 14: Armstrong continues.. "heck, if he falls, that's one less rivals to worry about!!"
Ed.. "aheeee" Al.. "ganbare Taisa!!" laugh.gif
Back to the serious business, and Falman comments how cowardly and unfair way for them to take a girl as a hostage, and Aarmstrong disagrees that that's an effective means (of deterrent) for people like Ed, and she would probably do the same.
Then she turns to what to do next, and asks Ed and Al about their opinions as Alchemists about the tunnel.

Page 15: Ed and Al asks Falman the map of the Amestris, and a compass.
Ed.. "As I suspected.. this tunnel is not dug from Drachma. It probably is forming a circle around the country."
Ed continues.. "in Alchemy, a circle is an important factor, one that enables the circulation of the force."

Page 16: Ed asks to list past major incidents in the country that had many casualties, and they list them as Ed marks them on the map.

Page 17: Falman continues.. "and 1914, Reole uprising. ..massive casualties"
Ed... "In Reole, I exposed the false religious leader, and shortly after, I reported that to the East HQ, right?? Falman... "yeah.. the Eastern Army had been dispatched right away, and prevented the uprising."
Al.. "then why became such a terrible incidents!!??" Falman.. "The Central Army took over the control from us when they arrived Reole."

Page 18: Falman continues.. "The situation in Reole turned horrible after the Central Army had butt in and got rid of Eastern Army. I heard they watched as the uprising worsened, and done hardly any job to contain that."
As Ed gets teed off, Armstrong orders him to continue with the map, saying Ed getting angry now wouldn't d any good, and she doesn't have time to waste watching Ed sulking in guilty conscious.. And, Ed marks REOLE on the map (yes, we now have the official spelling!!!) and Ed connects all these places as Armstrong watches...

And, that the end of 18th page, and since that's the half of 36 pages, I'm gonna end it here for tonight!! (It's early morning, and I'm getting sleepy. ^^)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm. I was going to skip the rest, but since I'm getting requests, here are really quick summaries of "what's going on" on rest of the pages.

Page 19: They connected all the locations, and found that loks exactly like the transmutation circle they found at the 5th lab, the one for making the Philosopher's stone!! (Yap, we can see the spelling of some cities in English on the map, including RESEMBOL!! smile.gif )

Page 20: Meanwhile, somewhere in a cabin, Marcoh talks... "Sometime before, I asked Envy, 'you're going to make philosopher's stone using this country, aren't you??' and he laughed and answered 'close, but not quite.' One time I told Edward 'you will see the ones behind the truth, and the further truth behind the truth'.. 'truth' means humans are the ingredients for the philosopher's stone, 'the ones behind the truth' meaning the ones who've orchestrated the creation of philosopher's stone, and 'the further truth behind the truth' is the creation of philosopher's stone by using the whole country...
But, that's not all... there are something more behind it.."

Page 21: Marcho asks Mei to help him understand the Scar bro's note by combining his knowledge and her knowledge of Rentanjitsu.
Meantime, back in the tunnel, Ed realizes that there is more, more than just the fact of using the nation to make the stone...
The oldest incident was in 1958 Riviela, right after the establishment of Amestris as a nation.

Page 22: Falman realizes that Amestris military had been involving in ALL of those incidents!!
Ed realizes that that started right from the establishment of the nation.
Armstrong adds that Amestris was a small nation in the beginning, but gradually added the area and spread the nation by taking over the surrounding small nations, just enough to make the circle on the map, efficiently, and effectively!!

Page 23: Ed and the gang realizes that the enemies, they are not using this country for their purpose, but they had created this country from the scratch as the mean to achieve their goal!! And, they made it as a military nation because that was more convenient for them to achieve the goal that way!!
And Houghes probably realized this, about his nation being created as the mean to achieve their goal, right before he was killed...

Page 24: Ed recalls Envy's words griping about some taking that the current prosperity (of the nation) was achieved by themselves (hinting it was not..) ..
Armstrong does not like what they found out. According to the map, the next one, the only point that was left on the transmutation circle is Briggs!!
But, they get interrupted by the messenger.

Page 25: The messenger asks Armstrong to get back to the fort because they got a visit by Raven.
Ed asks Armstrong to trick and allure Raven into...(inviting in Armstrong as their ally, or whatever comes out of by tricking him...)

Page 26: Back at the fort, Miles greets Raven, and Raven asks Miles to show around the fort to the man behind him.

Page 27: That man turns out to be Kimbley!!!
Meantime, Armstrong chats with Raven.. that there was an attack by a monster that didn't die....

Page 28: Armstrong continues.. that she thinks that's a new bio weapon of Drachma. And, they also caught Ed and his brother on the same day, and they seem to know something but do not share the information. They are held in the brig, but they do not say a word about the monster bio weapon....

Page 29: While Ed and the gang listen to Armstrong's every word, she continues the charade.. that Ed and Al say they came to the North to research transmutation blah blah, and the real purpose is not quite clear, and they seem very suspicious.
She'd thought of torturing them, but since they are still children, and her being female, she can't have a heart to hurt children, and so far hesitating to do so...
For that, Buccaneer comments... " bwa!! 'as if!!', Ice Queen!!" (well, he said something in that effect... laugh.gif )
Raven seems to enjoy seeing that side of her, and comments about 'Briggs' North Wall' (=Armstrong) being soft on children.
Armstrong continues about her being in the age of could be having one or two children, but missed the chance (to get the mate.)

Page 30: Raven chimes in that she should be getting (proposals) from plenty of prospects ...
Armstrong continues the acts.. "I deplore getting old. I fear aging. That monster bio weapon of Drachma had a excellent body!! Immortal body!! As if the dream come true!!"
And Raven answers, "It is not the dream..." (it's not full translation, but you get the gist... )

Page 31: Raven continues.. "are you interested in (learning about) the 'perfect immortal army'..."
As Ed goes.. "He (Raven) bites the bait!!"
Meantime, Marcho asks Mei about "Ryumyaku" in Rentanjitsu.
Mei.. "Simply put... the earth itself has the 'ki'" "that's the force erupts from the top of mountain, then goes underground and nourish the ground"...

Page 32: Mei continues.. "another word, it's a underground river of the force. if you understand the entrance, exit, the flow of that force and use it, then by using the flow, you can be able to transmute to the remote location. and, this can be applied for everything.
Marcho.. "can be applied to human body as well??"
Mei .. "yes, for example, if you push here.." And Marcho goes.. "ouch!! You pushed me at the hip, and it caused me electrifying pain all the way to my toe!!"... (or something like that.. for better translation, please wait for the scanlation. tongue.gif )

Page 33: Mei does another demonstration by pushing Marcho's neck, and that causes pains on Marcho's eyes.
Mei asks, "doesn't Alchemy use 'Ryumyaku'??" And Marcho answers that Alchemy uses energy from Earth's crust movements.

Page 34: Marcho continues that.. the fundamental formula of using that force was developed more than 350 years ago. and, according to the legend, the "Eastern Sage" has gave that (to Renkinjitsu Alchemists.)
But, Mei disagrees.... "but, it's different... I have been feeling this, that something is off and clearly realized it while at the underground at the Central... the force that runs underground.. it is not the force of Earth's crust movements... rather than that, it feels as if millions of people are crawling underneath. (that's not exactly what she said, but this sounds more dramatic!! laugh.gif )

Page 35: Meanwhile, somewhere in the North (I think he's in the North, right??) Ho-ho papa calls out bunch of people's names, then push pulls out something into from his chest.
(I reckon those are the names of the "souls" a.k.a. the stones, he inserted into pulled out from himself... blink.gif )

Page 36: The stones heading into the ground... caption reads... using many souls, what is Hoho-papa doing...
And, the next chapter comes out on Saturday, Feb. 10!! (Ah, the cliffhanger!!!! )

(And, that's it. I probably have typos and errors. I'll go over this and edit it later!!)

Again, the above "page by page guide" is meant for summary only. For the "proper" translations, as usual, please wait for translations/scanlations to be available later!!

ETA: @Reta McClain - Yes, yes, Buccaneer.. thanks!! *editing the post above*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Jan 11 2007, 01:00 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 11,694

Wii! laugh.gif

No better way to start a working day!
Downloading right away!

Thanks a bunch Kirara!

EDIT: Read! OH MY FRIGGIN' GOSH!!!!111onehundredandeleven

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Jan 11 2007, 02:10 AM
Post #12

*Is speechless*

So so so many information in just one friggin' chapter! ohmy.gif

Things to remark:
- The flat-nosed golden-toothed researcher was not stoned! (bad pun intended tongue.gif) He's still there! Gotta wonder about his colleagues then...

- Sloth was indeed building the circle all around Amestris: Check.

- Although we kinda already got an idea of it, we get to literally learn the meaning of Marcoh's "the truth behind the truth" firsthand! Neat!
the truth was: living humans are the ingredients for the PS.
What was behind the truth was: the hommunculi being behind the making of PS's.
And this other truth that was to be found behind was: Marcoh's theory that they planned to do a giant PS using the whole country!
So he already got that theory by the time Ed and Armstrong met him!
Ain't we clever, Marcoh...

- But! Marcoh's theory was wrong after all... There's something else to Amestris' circle other than making a giant PS. Check.
After all, there's still the "Human Sacrifices" element...

- What Hughes discovered, and was killed for, was indeed the Amestris-being-a-giant-transmutation-circle-from-the-very-beginning: Check

- Ed finally learns what happened on Reole thanks to Vato "walking encyclopedia" Falman and gets very very pissed about it.
Then out she comes saying: "Even getting angry now won't get you anywhere Fullmetal. Get on with the map". And Ed obeys, angry. Badass from her, as usual, but also makes the moment kind of anticlimatic sad.gif

- Speaking of Reole, we got us 2 new Official Transcriptions for places:
Reole and Resembool
Not in perfect guides, not in anime summaries: that's their name in the manga, and that's how I'll call them from now on, just like "Ishval".

- Let's tell the truth to Raven and see what happens. That's Ed for you.
Major General Armstrong will tell him the truth and pretend to be interested in Sloth's immortal body, so Raven will try to get Armstrong to their side.
And he does, indeed, byte the lure.
Dun worry, Armstrong fans, she's not siding with the bad guys... on the contrary, now that she knows about about their plans, she's really angry with them for it.

- Major General Armstrong says she "couldn't bring herself to harm kids (the Elrics) to get answers out of them because she's a woman after all, and she's even considering to have one or two in the future" (or sth by the lines, whatever. Tombow will have put it better). XDDD she makes a good actress too.

- Ryuumyaku! Now we know what it is/how it works. And with some comic relief from who you'd least expect to boot: oh-so-tragic character Tim Marcoh!
And alchemy supposedly works from... eh... using the energy from the movement of Earth? The same one that creates earthquakes and volcanoes or the like...
But then here comes Mei explaining that weird feeling she got ever since entering the country... sth about "rather than this thing you call "Earth moving energy" what I feel coming from the ground is many people <some verb>". Scary.

- And friggin' Hohenheim knows the name of each and every person in what appears to be his own Philosopher Stone! Gosh!

Only one word to describe this chapter: awesome.

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 11 2007, 02:25 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

^^ @Sensenic - I totally agree with you!!
So much information.. in so many fronts, I'm so excited and happily overwhelmed by this chapter!! biggrin.gif

Yap, this is an AWESOME chapter!!! ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Jan 11 2007, 04:00 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 11 2007, 08:50 AM) [snapback]493284[/snapback]
(BTW, on this page it says next chapter will be out on Saturday, March 10!!)

No, for gossake, no! ph34r.gif

It says "March's issue, on February the 10th"

Don't go saying that around. It could provoke heart seizures in this place, man tongue.gif

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 11 2007, 04:05 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

^^ @Sensenic - Oops!! Thanks for catching it!! laugh.gif
I don't want anyone to get the heart attack!! XDDD
I'll go edit that one right now.. happy.gif

Hmmm... I think Senenic's post had covered the information from the last 18 pages!!
Maybe I'll skip the page by page summary for the last half of the chapter.. tongue.gif
(We'll see... if I have time I'll do the rest... page 19 through page 36 of page by page summary tomorrow. biggrin.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 05:25 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css