Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Gintama (Silver Soul, 銀魂), He's coming.
Funderful
post Dec 8 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,785

January 2007, the english version of Gin Tama will be availible in bookstores across the nation.
What is Gin Tama, you ask? Well, another Past/Future alternate reality setting (Edo, overrun by aliens for neighbouring planets), a fairly popular place to put your manga or anime (Fullmetal Alchemist, Castle In The Sky, The list goes on).
The characters seem very interesting: A curly-haired samurai with mad fighting skills and a taste for sweets
(I think he has low blood sugar), yet another samurai, although retired, still paying off his fathers debts, along with many more equal colourful creations.
I read the preview in Shonen Jump, and I can't wait for it's release upon english shores. It will be a series in this magazine also.

I'm not sure if the anime is too follow in translation, but It's likely. For now, I can only assure manga format.
Some small tidbits on the animation, though... Several episodes have references to it other popular shows, and they parody Densha Otoko, Bleach plus -Drumroll- Deathnote in a few of them. Hurrah!

It looks hilarious, and I can't wait to purchase the first volume!
Just please, don't confuse it with Kin-Tama =_='.

(Source: MangaFox)

Years of Released: 2004
Author: Sorachi Hideaki
Artist: Sorachi Hideaki
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Historical, Sci-fi, Shounen, Supernatural

Summary
The story focuses on an eccentric samurai, Gintoki Sakata, his (partial) apprentice Shinpachi Shimura, and a teenage alien girl who's from one of the strongest races in existence: Kagura. All three are "free-lancers" search for work in order to pay the monthly rent, which usually goes unpaid anyway. The story takes place in the Edo Period, but instead of the Europeans invading in the late 1860s they are invaded by aliens, which they call Amanto. It's funny, and worth reading just for the laughs. This manga has a plot with no bounds, it can go anywhere with it, and it does, comedy and seriousness from time to time to make this a MUST read.

Reason for edit: Description and info added by Mod
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 09:13 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css