Reply to this topicStart new topic
Magic And Giant Robots?
Popogeejo
post Dec 18 2006, 04:42 PM
Post #46

Master Alchemist

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,420

Al has a soul, and robots don't have souls (well, none of the robots I know have souls).
Prove it. tongue.gif

Al is human, and he doesn't obey Ed (he ran away that one time and fought with Ed a few times).

That's only one point on the list. Still, MOST people will call Al a robot, they will insist he's a robot and nothing we can up with will change that so who gives a crap?

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The random alche...
post Dec 18 2006, 04:54 PM
Post #47

Alchemists

Member No.: 42,778

QUOTE(Amaya Hawkeye @ Dec 18 2006, 04:36 PM) [snapback]485955[/snapback]
Poor Al, wasnt that the point of episode 20? Saying that Al was created, that he was a program just to be a convenience to Ed? He's not a robot. Remember the good old saying "Whenever you call Al a robot, god kills a kitten"

Tell me what god does when someone calls Al "pikachu"..... My dad keeps calling him pikachu when he sees Al's chibi face.... its annoying...

LMAO, actually yesterday my dad was watching FMA with me and thought it was Pokemon. So I pointed to Ed and said "You see that short blond guy. That's Pikachu"

and he believed me xD

--------------------
Where there is random you shall find me : D

+Quote Post
Synth Alchemist
post Dec 19 2006, 05:43 PM
Post #48

Alchemists

Member No.: 42,768

I have a theory

-The Giant robots are Alphonse and the robots that have numbers of name( forgot names)

-Magic, it probably says the alchemy

smile.gif

--------------------
Live by honour, kill by stealth

Tnx nil-chan for the sig!!!! :D

Happy New Year!

Oh my god i'm an State alchemist!!!!

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Dec 20 2006, 12:41 AM
Post #49

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

QUOTE(Kitty Chow @ Dec 18 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]485878[/snapback]
and o ya, some woman who was the antiprotaganist was learning alchemy in our world but she called it magic TxT

laugh.gif Antiprotagonists are also simply known as "antagonists".

--------------------

+Quote Post
Starrieidgirl
post Dec 20 2006, 01:37 AM
Post #50

Apprentice

Member No.: 41,176

Wow! I'm impressed to see how long this topic went on for.

So now I put in my two cents.

Alchemy is the basis for modern day science, medicine, and chemisty. Chemisty being heavily relied upon in medicine and is a branch of science. Alchemy is possibly the earliest sign of human curiosity, a need for answers. Magic is theortical alchemy/science, the idea of certain phrases, wand movement, or thought control can produce a desired effect. We all know magic is not possible, for many things are easily explained or debunked through science experiments, mathamatics, or just plain common sense.

The usage of alchemy is what has greatly attracted me to this series, much like the idea of a magical world paralleling the present world in Harry Potter.

So here is a thought, when Havoc is explaining to Fury about how Mustang creates the "flames", there is the mention of using alchemy to change the chemisty of the air. Is this due in part to the transmutation circle on his glove (which his left hand never touches), or does Mustang use his mind to alter the air around him? [Leading me to believe that Jedi powers do exist ^-^]

Onto Al...

By appearances, Al does resemble a robot. What we learn from the series is that he is hollow, for his soul is attached to the armor. If we were to open a robot, we would find computer components, wires, whirly-gigs, etcs. This maybe the best way to explain it to those that have a difficult time understanding why Al isn't a "robot."

You could can also state that he is one-third human, the soul, typically thought of as "unseen," is what makes the armor hollow. Therefore, not a "robot."

Okay, I'm done. I hope you all can follow, I, myself, was getting worried at the end. Too much to say with fingers that cannot keep up.

Hugs,
Starrie

PS It'll be interesting to see this thread go on...the nice part of this kind of discussion is that we are able to better educate ourselves and others. [Yay for more FMA fans!]

--------------------
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes, and starry skies
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
-- George Gordon, Lord Byron

Sig made by Ed's Numbuh 1 Fan. [teehee, Sparkly Roy! I love it! And my BFF ~ceruleanbloom made the avvie. Check out her DA pg.]

+Quote Post
Indignant Judgme...
post Mar 4 2007, 10:44 AM
Post #51

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 44,864

As for Al, It's okay for first time viewers, but I get easily pissed when someone calls him a robot.
He's not a robot! Anyone who's seen the first episode would know that.

I agree with that 100%

--------------------

"Nothing is ever completely negative" ~ Maes Hughes
"Hey! I'm as normal as they get! This is a contest of freaks! What do you want me to do? Hit them with my sling shot?" ~ Maes Hughes
Forum Family: Sisters: ~Edward~Elric~Fan~, sweety_pie, Zachelle, Elise Elric, Intotheocean, Molecular Alchemist, Twilightz, silentsky
Brothers: Ratzenheich FMA Super Fan, Densetsu kid, LastExile, Robo-Mechanic
Cousins: Kenji
Twins: slayeralchemist, ゆきえいり
Devil: God of War (Because he is that cool! XP)

If you want to join my Forum Family, PM me

+Quote Post
Scythoro
post Mar 7 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #52

Apprentice

From: 30 37' 56" Lat. and -87 2' 22" Long. at home or 30 33' 3" Lat. and -87 13' 13" at school
Member No.: 45,253

QUOTE(Starrieidgirl @ Dec 20 2006, 02:37 AM) [snapback]486343[/snapback]
So here is a thought, when Havoc is explaining to Fury about how Mustang creates the "flames", there is the mention of using alchemy to change the chemisty of the air. Is this due in part to the transmutation circle on his glove (which his left hand never touches), or does Mustang use his mind to alter the air around him? [Leading me to believe that Jedi powers do exist ^-^]

Mustang does not change the the chemistry of the air he changes the oxygen densities. Mustang uses the transmutation circles on his gloves to do so, the gloves are made of ignition cloth causing a spark when he snaps. When combining the two Mustang is able to place an explosion wherever he desires. As long as his glove is not wet and there is oxygen to manipulate.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 12:56 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css