Reply to this topicStart new topic
Magic And Giant Robots?
Nepharski
post Nov 27 2006, 01:22 PM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,257

I'm fairly certain there's some cosmic rule that every time someone calls Al a giant robot, somewhere an innocent child is being savagely devoured. Soul-bound to armor, people, no "Open the pod bay doors, Al."

As for alchemy, I sort of look on it as scientific "Magic." I've seen it described, and would describe it myself, as a blend of "Science, agic, and art." There's definitely a phenomenal aspect to it, albiet with a scientific backbone.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Reta McClain
post Nov 27 2006, 11:26 PM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,803

I'm fairly certain there's some cosmic rule that every time someone calls Al a giant robot, somewhere an innocent child is being savagely devoured.

Isn't there an avatar which states: "Every time you call Al a robot, God kills a kitten." tongue.gif

--------------------

Adobe Photoshop Elements is my friend^^
My FanFiction.Net account
A Fangirl of Good Looking Fullmetal Alchemist Men = FGLFMAM

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Nov 27 2006, 11:42 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(Reta McClain @ Nov 27 2006, 10:26 PM) [snapback]478867[/snapback]
I'm fairly certain there's some cosmic rule that every time someone calls Al a giant robot, somewhere an innocent child is being savagely devoured.

Isn't there an avatar which states: "Every time you call Al a robot, God kills a kitten." tongue.gif

That too. Is there no end to this butchery?

--------------------
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

+Quote Post
Reta McClain
post Nov 28 2006, 08:43 AM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,803

Isn't there an avatar which states: "Every time you call Al a robot, God kills a kitten."

That too. Is there no end to this butchery?

Probably not.

And so this post isn't completely off topic... Alchemy's flashy effects. That is probably why people think it is magic.

(Aaaarrrgg! My "Add Reply" button is dead! If I click it, it shows only blue! I can use only "Fast Reply"! Could someone please help me? )

--------------------

Adobe Photoshop Elements is my friend^^
My FanFiction.Net account
A Fangirl of Good Looking Fullmetal Alchemist Men = FGLFMAM

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Nov 28 2006, 11:49 AM
Post #20

QUOTE(Reta McClain @ Nov 28 2006, 07:43 AM) [snapback]478926[/snapback]
(Aaaarrrgg! My "Add Reply" button is dead! If I click it, it shows only blue! I can use only "Fast Reply"! Could someone please help me? )

Skim read, if you please.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The New Fullmeta...
post Nov 28 2006, 09:22 PM
Post #21

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

From: A little place called love... or my head... whichever...
Member No.: 35,074

Hmm... yeah, I guess after all the Harry Potter's and whatnot, everytime someone sees the sparkly lights with alchemy, they automatically correlate it with something that they know - magic. Damn you, human instinct!

--------------------

awesome sig and avvy made w/ love by Nil-chan! Yaay! I'm your biggest fan! ^^
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by
drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

"Chicken Soup for the Royai Soul" - a ff.net C2 by FM-A.com people!

My fan-fiction, including the infamous Royai-themed "Adventures" series! :D

+Quote Post
Mercy_Alchemist9...
post Nov 29 2006, 02:50 AM
Post #22

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,008

This person sounds alot like my mother...

"All japanese animation is violent crap where everyone is beating eachother up and blah blah blah blah BLAH!"

I love her, but it gets so annoying! She's only really seen one anime.

If she is anything like my mother you're never gonna change her mind about anime... >>;; OH WELL! More for you! ^^

--------------------
We interrupt this signature for an important question:

If it is not approved allowed to post on a thread that has long since died been "resting" for a while, and each member is allowed to open only one his/her own "art collection" thread for posting his/her artwork in fanart forum, then does that mean I can not post my artworks again on my old art thread?
(No, I'm not looking for "Post it in 'The Beauty of Your own Artwork'" as an answer, thank you!)

<Answer: Yes, of course!! Hope to see many more of your artworks!! :) ~ Board Staff>

Off to Michigan! Be back soon!

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Nov 29 2006, 03:02 AM
Post #23

Well, strange things can happen. I used to be nearly blind to all Anime till I finally found some good stuff, and since then my taste has grown somewhat sufficiently. A little over a year ago, I would have told you there was no good Anime or Manga in my opinion.

Today, I'm balancing out 11 Animes with 6 Mangas with a strong love of Japanese pop. How's that for am 11th hour plot twist?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ting
post Nov 29 2006, 04:58 AM
Post #24

Apprentice

Member No.: 39,859

ARGGG hate ie 7 format... I CANT ADDREPLY! anyway...

Al might be a GIANT 'robot' compared to... *hem* Ed~

hmm... it seems its kinda off topic here, but id like to say, that GIRL knows nothing about FMA... Thats what my friends did, they were like:
"AH... I hate anime~ I dont watch anime~ BLAH BLAH"

But then I showed them FMA, and they are obsessed! happy.gif

--------------------
hito wa nanika no gisei nashi ni, nani mo eru koto wa dekinai.
nanika wo eru tame ni wa, doutou no daika ga hitsuyou ni naru.
sore ga, renkinjutsu ni okeru "toukakoukan" no gensoku da.
sono koro, bokura wa sore ga sekai no shinjitsu da to shinjiteita.

Humankind can not get anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is Alchemy's first law of equlivant exchange.
In those days, we really believed that to be the world’s one and only truth.

Please check out my fandubbing project: script writing, OST and SFX needed!
http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/pm/?id=199

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Nov 29 2006, 06:57 AM
Post #25

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

Oh, now I know who you're talking about. (@ the original post)

Leave him alone. He's always hated FMA after watching one episode and reading a Wikipedia article that mentioned there were nazis involved in the movie. Everyone has their bitter hang-ups, (Most of the DA complaints regulars have a recognizable one) and that's his; something about fictional abuse of historical suffering being a disgrace to real history/real victims and whatnot.

So yeah. He likes to rattle off about FMA being the worst anime ever made if ever provoked/seeking an outlet, generally against fantards or anime in general. I've become used to it. His opinion. It's just a show, after all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The random alche...
post Nov 29 2006, 06:54 PM
Post #26

Alchemists

Member No.: 42,778

reminds me of when I told my brother about the Nazi thing. He ask something I don't think I can even write here without getting banned about the movie D: I was horrified none the less.

People are really judgemental about anime. they think because cartoons like Pokemon an Yu-gi-oh "suck" that adult good plot anime like Naruto and FMA as this sites about are crap aswell >.>

btw... sorry if I offend any anime Pokemon or Yu-gi-oh fans out there x.x

--------------------
Where there is random you shall find me : D

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Nov 29 2006, 07:19 PM
Post #27

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

LMAO!

Naruto... = 'adult' anime? XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
The random alche...
post Nov 30 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #28

Alchemists

Member No.: 42,778

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Nov 29 2006, 07:19 PM) [snapback]479392[/snapback]
LMAO!

Naruto... = 'adult' anime? XD

well, I meant adult as in I wouldn't let my children watch it (being the original japanese version not the ripped apart english one).

--------------------
Where there is random you shall find me : D

+Quote Post
asunder
post Nov 30 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #29

Special Ops (Intelligence Officer)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 30,877

QUOTE(I am random rawr @ Nov 30 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]479566[/snapback]
well, I meant adult as in I wouldn't let my children watch it (being the original japanese version not the ripped apart english one).

You wouldn't let your children watch an anime marketed at kids? that's messed up.

--------------------
Everytime you post something mind numbingly retarded, this forum crashes.

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Nov 30 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #30

I'd probably keep my kids from watching Naruto, but for very different reasons.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 10:34 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css