Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tim Burton's Movies, YAY
Razzy
post Jan 8 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #31

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

I showed Edward Scissorhands to my cousin, and she said that she didn't like the ending. She thought that Edward should have gotten real hands and married Kim and lived together happily ever after. Personally, I think the ending was really good. The two of them getting married was unrealistic, mainly because, well, Edward will stay young forever. What did you all think about the ending? 'Cause I'm weird, so my opinion is most likely different than yours

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GREEDisGOOD
post Jan 20 2007, 01:02 PM
Post #32

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,729

I have to say that honestly Tim Burton is not my favorite director. But all his movies do have a certain off-kilter feel to them that make them interesting.

+Quote Post
Kari_Neko
post Oct 27 2007, 06:10 AM
Post #33

Brigadier General

Member No.: 47,799

I LOVE TIM BURTON! The Nightmare Before Christmas and Edward Scissor hands are awesome!

--------------------
I'd much rather to be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not:Andre Gide
I do not own the avvy or siggy!

[My DeviantART]

+Quote Post
Kari_Neko
post Oct 27 2007, 06:12 AM
Post #34

Brigadier General

Member No.: 47,799

~Nightmare Before Christmas!, one of the most awesome movies ever! ~

This is one of my favorite movies so talk about it.

--------------------
I'd much rather to be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not:Andre Gide
I do not own the avvy or siggy!

[My DeviantART]

+Quote Post
asunder
post Oct 27 2007, 08:08 AM
Post #35

Special Ops (Intelligence Officer)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 30,877

http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...showtopic=10779

--------------------
Everytime you post something mind numbingly retarded, this forum crashes.

+Quote Post
Zalamist
post Nov 15 2007, 03:37 PM
Post #36

Citizen

Member No.: 50,880

QUOTE(Steel Heart Alchemist @ Jan 8 2007, 06:56 PM) *
I showed Edward Scissorhands to my cousin, and she said that she didn't like the ending. She thought that Edward should have gotten real hands and married Kim and lived together happily ever after. Personally, I think the ending was really good. The two of them getting married was unrealistic, mainly because, well, Edward will stay young forever. What did you all think about the ending? 'Cause I'm weird, so my opinion is most likely different than yours

The ending was oh so sad. I agree that they probably shouldn't have gotten married, but to leave him up there all by himself was kind of cruel in my opinion. He made so many sacrifices to try to make everyone happy and was so misunderstood. They should have put some kind of safety guard on the scissors or something, or turned them into some kind of hand swiss army knife.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jan 29 2008, 04:29 AM
Post #37

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

C'mon, I haven't managed it yet as its only just been released here but some of you must have seen Sweeney Todd by now? Its been given an 18 rating in the UK, many many emo childs are upset.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Jan 29 2008, 08:23 AM
Post #38

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 38,530

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Jan 29 2008, 11:29 AM) *
C'mon, I haven't managed it yet as its only just been released here but some of you must have seen Sweeney Todd by now? Its been given an 18 rating in the UK, many many emo childs are upset.

Chiyo, I am currently studying in the United States and they gave the movie and R rating which still means that all the angtsy emo children can still catch a glimpse of Johnny Depp hacking of his customers heads only if they are accompanied by good old mom and dad. I saw the movie in the theatre and thoroughly enjoyed it; Johnny depth did such an incredible job bringing the character of Sweeney Todd to life. (Some people may still think that he can't sing for s*%&, but I thought that he did a quite a good job.) Overall, I was rather impressed with Tim Burton's take on Sweeney Todd although he cut out one of the musical's greatest songs. I am sure that once is appears on DVD the little emo children shall watch in to their hearts content surrounded by meat pies and Johnny Depp merchandise.

~Was it just me or was half the cast of Harry Potter in the movie?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Jan 29 2008, 12:57 PM
Post #39

Lt. General

Member No.: 37,703

Just for those of you interested Tim Burton is working on an adaptation of Alice in Wonderland with Disney/Pixar. It'll be cgi motion-capture (not stop-motion, sorry stop-motion fans) and they start filming in May. Expect it 2010.

He is also doing a remake of Frankenweenie in cgi, but with stop motion.

I'm expecting Alice to look like this only more Burton-ish.

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Jan 29 2008, 05:27 PM
Post #40

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

I saw Sweeney Todd about 3 days after it was released here in the States. (seen it twice, actually... >.>) I really loved it, though I've never seen the original Sweeney Todd.

Fushigi- Yeah, I've heard about that! I'm so interested to see what the Alice in Wonderland film will look like overall.

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jan 30 2008, 07:39 AM
Post #41

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the info Eda and Fushi, I know my sister is counting on me buying the DVD when its released so she can see it. Can't wait to go.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Automne
post Feb 15 2008, 01:39 PM
Post #42

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 13,171

I went to see Sweeney Todd for the fourth time two days ago (yep, it was the last time). So yep, loved it! : D Was waiting for this movie for months so I went to watch it a bit biased at first, even though I'd had my fair share of 'EW' comments about Depp's and Bonham Carter's singing performances. It all sounded very nice to me. And I just heart these two together on screen, they're so smexy pure eye-candy and the movie wouldn't have been the same if one of them hadn't been there, IMO; they did such a stunning job of bringing the characters to life, and the way they can go from dramatic to funny is amazing ('By the sea' = <3). I also thought the songs went very well with the scenes, in a way that we didn't get bored with them. The ending was perfect.

The movie was rated PG-13 in France. Personally, I thought the ratings it got in the US and the UK were really exaggerated, since the blood was obviously fake and most of the 'violent' scenes were more funny than anything. But I'm glad Burton didn't back up and kept it as bloody as it was supposed to be. Also, the wars about which version is better are retarded. Both musical and movie are awesome-sauce in their own ways, but too different to be compared (Just how can you compare Hearn's theatrical, hilarious Sweeney to Depp's much somber one? Nah).

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Feb 18 2008, 03:50 AM
Post #43

Moderator Emeritus

Agreed, now I have seen it I can only assume the 18 certificate was because the death of that one particular person was carried out more violently than the others, otherwise the gore is very brief as once their throats are slit they're down the shute.

I saw a BBC adaptation of Sweeney Todd a few years ago and I didn't think anything could top that. Sweeney Todd is actually a very old story and has a few variations. The one I loved (not a musical version) had Mr Todd love Mrs Lovett from afar and as far as I can remember when he brought her meat she had no idea what it was. It was dark, end of story.

Now a musical cannot be pure horror not matter how much it tries, but I don't think I've known Depp in a darker role. I love his version of Sweeney BUT in the context of a Burton musical. Had he played Todd in a regular version he would have looked like a poor stereotype. Lovett is another amazing character, quirky and yet takes everything in her stride, perfectly played by the naturally quirky Bonham Carter.

I suppose I have two real complaints, one was how long it took to really get in to the story with then the action feeling so brief. I know they have to try and include the love story but it felt a little tacked on, used just to add important characters. Two is the ending Throat slit, blood pores nicely so as to not ruin the painful scene, credits role. I didn't expect a more dramatic ending, but there is no follow up as to the characters who live. Its like all you need to know is Todds dead, sod the other characters they spent time telling you about

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sayurianded4evr
post Feb 21 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #44

Citizen

Member No.: 42,964

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Jan 29 2008, 06:29 AM) *

I NEED TO SEE THAT MOVIE!!!!
Any idea where I can pirate?
lol.

--------------------
Hello.
You all remember me as that naive little girl.
Well, congrats.
She's dead now.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 11:13 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css