Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tim Burton's Movies, YAY
Chiyo
post Dec 3 2006, 10:01 AM
Post #16

Moderator Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,466

^ It was what could be called his first 'major' role in a film, but he first appeared 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'. I also think heplayed a part in Platoon that was never shown or something like that. He became famous for 21 Jump Street and then Tim Burton got a hold of him and a beautiful partnership was born.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Dec 3 2006, 02:01 PM
Post #17

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

I just saw Big Fish... It was so sad... I cried at the end. I liked Edward Bloom's stories. I was disappointed, though. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Oh well... *runs to the movie store to rent Edward Scissorhands*

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
pirate-alchemist
post Dec 8 2006, 10:07 AM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 43,040

yes they do! I don't think I'm aware of watching and Tim burton film staring Danny Elfman, I'm not very good with remembering actors' names.

I thought it was such a sad movie, I couldn't believe it had such a low rating but I guess that's due to the fact that it's kinda like a fariytale and true fairytales are never pleasant. (sorry can't remember character's names, it's been a while since I've seen it) but did you see the part when the girl's brother is about to be run over and Edward saves the boy and lies him on the ground. Edward tries to check if the boy is allright but end's up cutting up his face and then all the neighbours come round and he gets arrested, I think that may be the part you missed out.

I'm not entirly sure it is was his first, the movie first came out in 1991 I think (well I was born then so I don't know) I think Nightmare on Elm Street was his first as I think that's earlier... I'm not about stuff that happened before I was born..

--------------------
If I'm the same height as Ed does that mean him and I would make a great couple?

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Dec 8 2006, 06:19 PM
Post #19

pirate-alchemist- I saw that part of Edward Scissorhands. After the scenes skipped, the first thing I saw was Edward wearing a hat (which made him look weird, by the way laugh.gif )and the police thought he was holding knives, and then they arrested him. Someone said he was stealing money from a bank, I think. But it still bugs me that I never saw that part...

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Dec 10 2006, 05:03 AM
Post #20

Moderator Emeritus

To clear it up for you...

Kim's boyfriend needs money, and the best way to do that is claiming insurance from his father. The boyfriend had previosuly seen Ed pick a lock and not cause any damage and so gets Kim to ask Ed if he will help them 'get back something that was stolen from them' (a lie to get him to do it)

Ed does break into the house, but all the security comes down and locks him in the house. When the police arrive they de-activate security to Ed can get out. As Ed is walking out the police don't realise his hands are scissors and presume he has knives in his hand. Locals run over and inform the police its his hand as the police were about to shoot him down. He goes to jail but is let out on the basis he is 'mad'.

As I said Edward Scissorhands was Depp's first big role, and the first time he and Tim Burton first worked together.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Dec 23 2006, 07:54 PM
Post #21

Thank you for the info, Chiyo. I understand it better, now smile.gif

I watched Edward Scissorhands with my friend, and she pointed out the importance of the snow. I didn't realize that if it was snowing, Edward was still alive. Am I stupid? laugh.gif

BTW: Edward Scissorhands reminds me of a puppy, but he reminds me of a cat when he's angry. Does anyone else agree or (again) am I stupid?

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
Vash_the_Gunslin...
post Jan 5 2007, 05:17 PM
Post #22

Major General

Member No.: 33,355

The reason they allow Tim Burton to make movies is: We are afraid of what he would be doing if he wasn't. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Jan 6 2007, 02:46 PM
Post #23

^ Well, actually, they allow Tim Burton to make movies because he's a genius laugh.gif

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
Vash_the_Gunslin...
post Jan 6 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #24

Major General

Well, in my last post, that is something from VH1. They were talking about Edward Scissorhands and a girl said that. I thought it was funny.

+Quote Post
ed_drink_your_mi...
post Jan 6 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #25

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 39,252

QUOTE(Vash the Gunslinger)
The reason they allow Tim Burton to make movies is: We are afraid of what he would be doing if he wasn't. laugh.gif

laugh.gif I would have to agree. I think his movies are really good, but sometimes I wonder what on earth made him think up the things that he did.

--------------------
Apprentice and fellow Button Klutz to Seventh_sky *grubbly fist* [stolen]

^<3 Zarp^

+Quote Post
Funderful
post Jan 6 2007, 04:15 PM
Post #26

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,785

Dances around like utter moron.

I still can't wait for Sweeney Todd.
Should be coming out sometime this year.

+Quote Post
Vash_the_Gunslin...
post Jan 6 2007, 04:20 PM
Post #27

Major General

QUOTE(ed_drink_your_milk @ Jan 6 2007, 05:11 PM) [snapback]492026[/snapback]
QUOTE(Vash the Gunslinger)

laugh.gif I would have to agree. I think his movies are really good, but sometimes I wonder what on earth made him think up the things that he did.

Maybe it is better that we do not know. happy.gif

+Quote Post
ed_drink_your_mi...
post Jan 6 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #28

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 39,252

^Very true. (It could be potentially harmful. tongue.gif)

--------------------
Apprentice and fellow Button Klutz to Seventh_sky *grubbly fist* [stolen]

^<3 Zarp^

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Jan 6 2007, 08:06 PM
Post #29

I still can't wait for Sweeney Todd.
I am going to see that as soon as it comes out in theaters laugh.gif!!!

I would have to agree. I think his movies are really good, but sometimes I wonder what on earth made him think up the things that he did.

Well, I would rather watch his "different" movies than watch an ordinary movie where either the people learn a lesson or fall in love and live happily ever after all of the time. I love how Tim Burton's films are "out of the ordinary" and different than any other films I've ever seen. I mean, really, a guy with scissors for hands? Only creative people can come up with that. Plus, making a movie about it takes a lot of persistence and imagination. And his stop-motion films just plain rock, like TNBX and Corpse Bride. And his "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" was simply amazing and very original (way different and much better than "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"). Are his films strange? Yes, but they are interesting. Weird? Maybe; Depends how you look at it. If he wasn't "different", then he would be like any other boring director with non-messy hair and no imagination. Go, Tim Burton!

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Jan 8 2007, 07:49 AM
Post #30

Moderator Emeritus

I just read 'Burton on Burton' and I have to say reading what he has to say is nothing inspirational. All he really does is moan about how he always felt like an outsider as a child so thats why he makes his characters the way he does. Bless him for making the films, I have no qualms with them...but boy does he know how to be depressingly emo.

And although his films may be on the odd side its nothing 'quirky' anymore, not as much as Edward Scissorhands once was. He needs to try something a little different and I suppose, in a way, Sweeny Todd will be just that.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 05:58 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css