Okami
Demon x
post Jan 27 2007, 12:53 AM
Post #16

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,726

being god seems to be fun...
and it has sorrowful moments and I seem to like sorrowful moments especially with sad music appetizer; the puzzles are amusing as well and I like how you meet with characters and understanding their problem which mostly refers to solving others as well which is all a link to completing everything and acknowledging how that person or "thing" has negatively or positively affected people's lives.
problems submitted here may seem like a good idea. since I cannot possibly open another thread for questions, the situation is the same for Castlevania as well but that game may be an exception.

--------------------
formerly known as Garuda, God of War.
Signature coming soon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The New Fullmeta...
post Jan 30 2007, 02:52 PM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

From: A little place called love... or my head... whichever...
Member No.: 35,074

I just got this game for Christmas and I'm in love!!!

Stunning, original art style... beautiful visuals and muic... realistic-looking scenery and natural transitions from night to day... fairly easy game play... boss battles are the only fights you really have to work hard at... Damn, I love this game!

I'm actually only at the part where you first defeat the Crimson Helm... I'm about to go fight him, but first, homework! laugh.gif

But imagine my surprise when I decided to buy the strategy guide, found out that you defeat Orochi fairly early in the game, and, what's more, that the game is hardly even over once you do! Not sure whether I'm upset or not... I don't know if I have the coordination or the patience to be able to defeat Yami, though... supposedly it takes at least 30 minutes... How long did it take for most of you to complete?

--------------------

awesome sig and avvy made w/ love by Nil-chan! Yaay! I'm your biggest fan! ^^
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by
drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

"Chicken Soup for the Royai Soul" - a ff.net C2 by FM-A.com people!

My fan-fiction, including the infamous Royai-themed "Adventures" series! :D

+Quote Post
Demon x
post Jan 30 2007, 04:25 PM
Post #18

Alchemists

can't exactly estimate but it did take a while and especially until you figure how to defeat him!, and the strategy guide was not important at all, tis fun to figure it by yourself and be sure to get all kinds of wepons since tis going to end anyway.

--------------------
Signature coming soon

+Quote Post
The New Fullmeta...
post Jan 30 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #19

Very true, but for me the guide was kinda necessary... I'm not much of a game-player, and I have really bad anxiety... quite frankly, I'm surprised I've gotten as far as I have w/ Okami... probably the art that's making it worthwile... seriously, though, I barely lasted 2 hours when my friend made me play kingdom hearts - i just can't play fighting games...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Demon x
post Jan 30 2007, 05:10 PM
Post #20

Alchemists

QUOTE(The New Fullmetal Alchemist @ Jan 30 2007, 05:33 PM) [snapback]498910[/snapback]
Very true, but for me the guide was kinda necessary... I'm not much of a game-player, and I have really bad anxiety... quite frankly, I'm surprised I've gotten as far as I have w/ Okami... probably the art that's making it worthwile... seriously, though, I barely lasted 2 hours when my friend made me play kingdom hearts - i just can't play fighting games...

playing games, especially fighting games, comes with practice, but if you have not even started how would you become better, if that is what you desire of course, and the same goes with other kinds of games as you gain experience with games, such as Okami, games won't be that hard at all. and you'll expect everything, (that is especially useful with Okami).
then you'll be like me! I never died in that game! and I don't even no how does spawning occur!.

--------------------
Signature coming soon

+Quote Post
The New Fullmeta...
post Jan 30 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #21

I haven't died, either - and I know that I would get better w/ practice, but Okami is just such an over-all more beautiful game than other "fighting" ones that I've played that I'm able to do much better at it than any other game thus far... I want to get better, and for the most part I have - I was able to beat the second FMA game (haven't played the first), but for the most part my body won't physically let me play a lot of those high-stress games... kinda sucks, but I'd much rather watch my friends play anyway! laugh.gif

But seriously, I love the artwork and the concept of the whole series - esp. since I'm a big culture/folk-tale nut - I love collecting folk stories. I really liked how the info packet that came w/ the game described some of the folk tales surrounding the game... If I ever realize my dream of being an animator, you can bet that one day there will be an Okami movie...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vash_the_Gunslin...
post Jan 30 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #22

Major General

Member No.: 33,355

I made the smart choice of renting it. Actually, the dumb choice. I got hooked and I knew I was not going to beat it in time before it was due back. Great game though.

+Quote Post
ScarMySoul
post Jan 31 2007, 06:22 AM
Post #23

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 36,754

QUOTE(The New Fullmetal Alchemist @ Jan 30 2007, 03:52 PM) [snapback]498838[/snapback]
I just got this game for Christmas and I'm in love!!!

Stunning, original art style... beautiful visuals and muic... realistic-looking scenery and natural transitions from night to day... fairly easy game play... boss battles are the only fights you really have to work hard at... Damn, I love this game!

I'm actually only at the part where you first defeat the Crimson Helm... I'm about to go fight him, but first, homework! laugh.gif

But imagine my surprise when I decided to buy the strategy guide, found out that you defeat Orochi fairly early in the game, and, what's more, that the game is hardly even over once you do! Not sure whether I'm upset or not... I don't know if I have the coordination or the patience to be able to defeat Yami, though... supposedly it takes at least 30 minutes... How long did it take for most of you to complete?

The first time go round it took me maybe 25 minutes to defeat him. Second time around took me 10. I found out that if you have the full amount of exorcism slips then you use those until he pops out of his protective shell and that's when you wail on him. At first all your brushstrokes are taken so you have to fight him without a weapon until you get them all back, hence the exorcism slips. When you do get your weapons back, the best one I've found to have aquired is the purple beads, (can't remember their name), but you can get them at Sei-an city if you have enough yen.

One thing that does kind of irk me though is the dialogue in the game. The way the characters talked kind of annoyed me in the beginning and at times it still does.

I have to say though the Golden Fury attack, where you pee on the enemy makes me laugh. It gets better when you get Brown Rage and you can imagin what that is hahaha.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Demon x
post Jan 31 2007, 09:40 AM
Post #24

Alchemists

QUOTE(The New Fullmetal Alchemist @ Jan 30 2007, 06:37 PM) [snapback]498929[/snapback]
I haven't died, either - and I know that I would get better w/ practice, but Okami is just such an over-all more beautiful game than other "fighting" ones that I've played that I'm able to do much better at it than any other game thus far... I want to get better, and for the most part I have - I was able to beat the second FMA game (haven't played the first), but for the most part my body won't physically let me play a lot of those high-stress games... kinda sucks, but I'd much rather watch my friends play anyway! laugh.gif

But seriously, I love the artwork and the concept of the whole series - esp. since I'm a big culture/folk-tale nut - I love collecting folk stories. I really liked how the info packet that came w/ the game described some of the folk tales surrounding the game... If I ever realize my dream of being an animator, you can bet that one day there will be an Okami movie...

you can bet that one day there will be an Okami movie...

but what about the voice acting...
I also like the concept and art of that game, and working for the characters makes you remember them as you progress, the game also grants a wonderful atmosphere in all kinds of places in the game regardless of how the evil the place is, and there are characters who reach their end or so and grants a sorrowful atmosphere in the game and concept seems to help with that atmosphere.

--------------------
Signature coming soon

+Quote Post
Elric13
post Feb 4 2007, 01:33 PM
Post #25

Citizen

Member No.: 44,404

I can't stand the little bug's voice when it talks... It annoys me so much. >_< other than that, I think Okami is a pretty good game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ailuro
post Feb 4 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #26

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 665

QUOTE(Elric13 @ Feb 4 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]500951[/snapback]
I can't stand the little bug's voice when it talks... It annoys me so much. >_< other than that, I think Okami is a pretty good game.

How can you not stand Issun? He's adorable!

--------------------
- Ailuro "Deshi" Oz
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Elric13
post Feb 4 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #27

Citizen

Member No.: 44,404

QUOTE(Ailuro @ Feb 4 2007, 03:03 PM) [snapback]500961[/snapback]
QUOTE(Elric13 @ Feb 4 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]500951[/snapback]

How can you not stand Issun? He's adorable!

It's easy for me... Next time you play the game, and he talks, close your eyes and don't read the text until Issun is done talking. What does it's voice sound like to you? It reminds me of a squeaky chair, or one of those "chipmunk mimics." At least for myself, I would prefer the game with no computer generated voices. They get to my head 0_o But still, like I said, Okami is still a good game, weird noises or not.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carmencita
post Jul 7 2010, 03:23 PM
Post #28

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,440

What an old thread. I intend to revive this thing if it means my life. Ok not really but still. I do intend to revive this thing.

i'm not bothered by Issun at all. Okami is too great of a game to get distracted by his voice. but the only reason it's so "chipmunki-ish (if thats the word)" is because to you, he is only an inch tall. But when you shrink to go to Ponc'tan everyone from there's voice shouldn't be so squeak-ish. And Issun's grandfather's voice is different mainly due to the fact he's about a century old.
Just be thankful this wonderful game was not ruined by horrible english dubs! It'd be a nigthmare to have a beautiful game with a beautiful plot and art and then suddenly you get some horrible voice acting. With the way the characters practically have no mouth, I'd also find it wierd to hear an actual voice coming from them. o.O

+Quote Post
ScarMySoul
post Sep 10 2010, 03:11 PM
Post #29

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 36,754

I know this is kind of for Okami this comment I'm making BUT just wanted to throw out there that there's a game called Marvel vs Capcom..... You can fight as Amaterasu and you can use all of her brush strokes....

OT:

Its been a while since I played Okami and I picked it up the other day and I had deleted my other saved games for it, so I started fresh, its rather fun once you've not played for a while. biggrin.gif

@ Elric13 laugh.gif I know what you mean! When I first played the game I was like the fetch? but I got used to it. Issun's voice reminds me of a dry erase marker on a white board

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Sep 11 2010, 08:29 AM
Post #30

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

oo and okami thread, i finally found a copy of this game not that long ago and i enjoyed it loads, was brilliantly done, hear theres one coming out on the DS which i will certainly buy, hope it lives up to its wii (and ps2) counterpart

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2016 - 03:02 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css