Animated Ling And Xing Saga, speculations as to not possible follow up to FMA
Nepharski
post Oct 2 2006, 10:07 PM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(Mustang_93 @ Oct 2 2006, 04:57 PM) [snapback]454318[/snapback]

How long would the saga be anyway? I think we are getting a head of ourselves you would have to think up a plot and do some planning.

OVAs can be ushered in just about whenever. If they run out of Manga to cover, it's simply put on hiatus until the next batch comes out.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sydney
post Oct 4 2006, 07:53 AM
Post #17

Apprentice

Member No.: 27,639

The concept of a Xing series gets a resounding "YES!" from me, though I don't have much to say about it now. ^^;

(Rather adore the concept of a...sitcom Devil's Nest, if I read it right.... Actually, an entire Devil's Nest spin-off sounds great to me. ^_____^)

--------------------
IPB Image

Credit goes to Nil-chan, the creator of this lovely banner.

+Quote Post
Mustang_93
post Oct 4 2006, 01:59 PM
Post #18

Alchemists

Member No.: 40,969

QUOTE(Sydney @ Oct 4 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback]454909[/snapback]

The concept of a Xing series gets a resounding "YES!" from me, though I don't have much to say about it now. ^^;

(Rather adore the concept of a...sitcom Devil's Nest, if I read it right.... Actually, an entire Devil's Nest spin-off sounds great to me. ^_____^)

I have not read much of the manga (computer to slow) but is there a possible antagonist? And if Everybody loves Greed isn't good enough how about Dancing with the Homunculi!

--------------------
Just for the record,
The weather today is slightly sarcastic with a good chance of:
A. Indifference or
B. Disinterest in what the critics say
* Dubbed "mature" by Funderful if you don't belive me then you can suck it! (jk)

+Quote Post
Sydney
post Oct 5 2006, 07:39 AM
Post #19

Apprentice

QUOTE(Mustang_93 @ Oct 4 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]454972[/snapback]

I have not read much of the manga (computer to slow) but is there a possible antagonist? And if Everybody loves Greed isn't good enough how about Dancing with the Homunculi!

laugh.gif I'm all aboard for "Everybody Loves Greed"!

"Dancing with Homunculi"... tongue.gif oh, that'll be insane....

For a Xing show, I can really see the Father character from the manga as the main antagonist, or more like villain...is that what you meant? (I get fuzzy on the definition of "antagonist" sometimes....) Hmmm...also assassins after Ling due to his royal status, his rivals for post of Emperor?

(I have trouble keeping up with the manga too, computer issues and all; can't wait 'til more of it's published state-side....)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
IttyBittyPretty
post Oct 5 2006, 07:43 AM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 35,364

QUOTE(Antimony @ Sep 28 2006, 02:22 PM) [snapback]452466[/snapback]

The Xing cast cannot be written into the anime, especially after the movie's ending. It would have to take place in an alternate timeline that is closer to the manga story. I think it's possible that they could pop up in a video game or an OVA special someday.

You are right. The Xing angle would have to be post movie to be workable. Despite being such a chucklehead, Ling is appealing to some FMA fans and they'd love to see him and the rest animated.

--------------------
IttyBittyPretty

My Ff.net author profile
my DA account!
My Flickr Photostream!

Tear off your own head, it's a doll revolution! - ELvis Costello

+Quote Post
IttyBittyPretty
post Oct 5 2006, 08:04 AM
Post #21

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 35,364

QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Sep 28 2006, 05:42 PM) [snapback]452550[/snapback]

I think someone made a topic about this before...

#That might have been me. I was trying to reply to this thread and I hit the "new topic" button by mistake (my fault for having three windows open on my comp). I asked the mod to delete it.

It probably will never happen, but I thought a fanfic called "Balance of Power" by c_b_syndrome would be perfect for a new FMA series because Ed and Al are hurled from 1924 Germany to 2006 America in a plausible manner. And an anime set in America would be more appealing to some viewers/ As of now, the story is only on livejournal, but some artwork based on the fic has been drawn by Heathenesque and Cowboys_And_Alchemy.

link to story

BTW: If you had Dancing With Homunculi, how would you keep Gluttony from eating his partner? tongue.gif

--------------------
IttyBittyPretty

My Ff.net author profile
my DA account!
My Flickr Photostream!

Tear off your own head, it's a doll revolution! - ELvis Costello

+Quote Post
Mustang_93
post Oct 5 2006, 01:59 PM
Post #22

Alchemists

QUOTE(Sydney @ Oct 5 2006, 09:39 AM) [snapback]455244[/snapback]

QUOTE(Mustang_93 @ Oct 4 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]454972[/snapback]

laugh.gif I'm all aboard for "Everybody Loves Greed"!

"Dancing with Homunculi"... tongue.gif oh, that'll be insane....

For a Xing show, I can really see the Father character from the manga as the main antagonist, or more like villain...is that what you meant? (I get fuzzy on the definition of "antagonist" sometimes....) Hmmm...also assassins after Ling due to his royal status, his rivals for post of Emperor?

(I have trouble keeping up with the manga too, computer issues and all; can't wait 'til more of it's published state-side....)

Yes antagonist is the bad guy. Father would be good but that defeats my idea of having some gateway to "here" in Xing. Or you could write somthing about Xinean alchemy ( i read somwhere that it is used diffrently) or a conspiracy to kill Ling why does this sound familiar?

--------------------
Just for the record,
A. Indifference or
* Dubbed "mature" by Funderful if you don't belive me then you can suck it! (jk)

+Quote Post
Sydney
post Oct 6 2006, 07:36 AM
Post #23

Apprentice

QUOTE(Untitled @ Oct 1 2006, 01:38 AM) [snapback]453573[/snapback]

Oh, and I don't think that the dude who voiced Zuko is appropriate for Ling. That's just my opinion anyways..

QUOTE(Nicoli Flamel @ Sep 27 2006, 06:09 PM) [snapback]452227[/snapback]

As for Voice actors:
The young gentleman that plays Zuko in Avatar. I think he would do a excellent Ling.

Ran Fan: The young woman who is providing the lead female for Bleach, some one that can go from soft to loud quickly.

Fu:Argh I can't think of this actors name, but he's provided Tenchi's grandfather I believe.

Father: Scott McNeil.

I think the guy who plays Zuko could do Ling well in his serious moments...but I can't comment on how well he'd do in his wacky, laid-back moments because I've only heard him as Zuko, who hasn't been given a chance to be zany from what I've seen so far.

I don't know his name either, but having Tenchi's Grandfather's VA as Fu is brilliant, perfect casting. smile.gif This Ran Fan choice seems fine. (I haven't thought of anyone else for her.)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Mustang_93
post Oct 6 2006, 01:58 PM
Post #24

Alchemists

QUOTE(Sydney @ Oct 6 2006, 09:36 AM) [snapback]455718[/snapback]
QUOTE(Untitled @ Oct 1 2006, 01:38 AM) [snapback]453573[/snapback]

Oh, and I don't think that the dude who voiced Zuko is appropriate for Ling. That's just my opinion anyways..

QUOTE(Nicoli Flamel @ Sep 27 2006, 06:09 PM) [snapback]452227[/snapback]
As for Voice actors:
The young gentleman that plays Zuko in Avatar. I think he would do a excellent Ling.

Ran Fan: The young woman who is providing the lead female for Bleach, some one that can go from soft to loud quickly.

Fu:Argh I can't think of this actors name, but he's provided Tenchi's grandfather I believe.

Father: Scott McNeil.

I think the guy who plays Zuko could do Ling well in his serious moments...but I can't comment on how well he'd do in his wacky, laid-back moments because I've only heard him as Zuko, who hasn't been given a chance to be zany from what I've seen so far.

I don't know his name either, but having Tenchi's Grandfather's VA as Fu is brilliant, perfect casting. smile.gif This Ran Fan choice seems fine. (I haven't thought of anyone else for her.)

For Ling how about the guy who playes Lloyd form Tales of Symphonia?
How about for Tenchi's grandfather the George- something form Star Trek?

To be merged to other sequel thread later. ~Tombow

--------------------
Just for the record,
A. Indifference or

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 03:39 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css