Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hohenheim X Trisha Fans, Spoilers abound
Guest_Triple_Soul_Alchemist_*
post Sep 25 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #1

Guests

We have have threads dedicated to RoyAi, Roy/Ed, and any other pairing imaginable, yet there wasn't any pairing dedicated to one of the very few canon couples in the FMA fandom, AND the creators of two of the most fangirlized, ogled, slashed and all out worshipped characters in anime history? Sad. Very sad. I cry. (Not bashing or condoning said couples, but yeah. Examples, examples). I personally find the pairing sweet and adorable, Hohenheim clearly loves his wife very much, and as formerly stated, much to the dismay of fangirls, Ed and Al wouldn't be here without them. (Arakawa aided in that though, heh...oh that came out wrong).

Anyway, after reading a very sweet Hoho x Trish fanfic on LiveJournal (two in fact, I almost never read fics to begin with), and seeing the severe lack of love for these two (You realize how hard it is to find fanart/doujin/fics/ANYTHING of these two? Unless someone can find it with ease, if so then I will eat my socks), I felt motivated to start this up. So...discuss. Praise. Mock. Whatever it is you do in threads like these. I dunno, I'm just an innocent bystander! D:

But seriously folks. Share the love. My/your/our/their OTP needs some love. <3

PURDY ICONS! Gotta make this place look semi-attractive.

I did not make any of these icons. Credit goes to any and all creators, for I could never make these, for I suck and lack any fanceh programs. biggrin.gif

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/Kyron...rs/177156-2.gif
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/Kyron...rs/0289f1a7.gif

I linked out to the last two because they might be semi-offensive to some. And the immature people would eat my face off.

((If this does turn out to be a duplicate, forgive me, and you may flame/insult/mock/maim me however you please.))
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Migchao
post Sep 25 2006, 08:46 PM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,550

They weren't offensive.

I like this pairing! But we all know that HohenhiemxAl is the best yah-oy paring ever! We must find some pictures.

+Quote Post
post Sep 26 2006, 05:52 AM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE(Migchao @ Sep 25 2006, 10:46 PM) [snapback]451466[/snapback]

They weren't offensive.

I like this pairing! But we all know that HohenhiemxAl is the best yah-oy paring ever! We must find some pictures.

I know they weren't. But seeing as how pictures similar to the linked-out avatars were posted in the gallery, and it caused a big ruckus from immature fangirls, I figured I'd be cautious at best.

Then again, the gallery is filled with mindless drones crazy people anyway.

Yes we do! I've already looked on DA (five deviations, four of which my own o.O), Google, Photobucket, LJ, nothing. *le sigh* It's saddening. We must hunt.

+Quote Post
Becca-chan
post Sep 26 2006, 07:00 AM
Post #4

Alchemists

Member No.: 39,345

In that case, sign me up for this place. ^^

Hohenheim and Trisha are a really sweet couple, and you get to see how adorable they were together in those flashbacks that Hoenheim has.

If I could draw the two of them properly, I would do fan-art of them..ah well hopefully I'll learn how to draw them sometime soon @.@;

--------------------
Becca-chan; Your local Tucker addict...I am 100% sane, I swear! O.O;

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Sep 27 2006, 04:57 AM
Post #5

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

I wrote a fic of this pair, as there is a lack of love for them. I think people enjoy looking forward to what might be. These two were a couple and can never be again.

[spoiler]well maybe now they are both dead they can meet again[/spoiler]

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Sep 27 2006, 09:50 AM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Sep 27 2006, 06:57 AM) [snapback]451993[/snapback]

I wrote a fic of this pair, as there is a lack of love for them. I think people enjoy looking forward to what might be. These two were a couple and can never be again.

[spoiler]It irked me how they didn't show anything that happened to Hohenheim after he died. They show Wrath re-uniting with Izumi, but nothing bteween Hohenheim and Trisha? I could picture it now; the Gate slamming open, and the two of them embracing each other, and sharing a long kiss...[/spoiler]

WOAH, I gotta write that down.

@Becca-chan - I have TRIED to draw the both of the mproperly, and squat. I've been working on writing them, though...if that made sense.

EDIT: @Chiyo - I just took a look into your ff.net account and found the fic you wrote on the two -- very nice. It had me grinning from ear to ear. And it takes alot of me to smile in this school of mine. *grins*

+Quote Post
Lunchbox
post Oct 23 2006, 06:51 PM
Post #7

Citizen

Member No.: 30,493

Wahh, of course! Why couldn't I have come up with this sooner than you? XD

This must be about the best [ and close to only ] defined, rock solid pairing in the series! ^__^ Aww, and it's so cute, when you see the memories of HohoPapa and Trish-Trish together; Trisha looks so pretty! And even though HohoPapa left them, it was probably for the best.

And yes, I do agree whole-heartedly with the spoilers. X3

--------------------

IPB Image

A {true} Edward Elric fangirl likes Edward with all of his clothes on.

FullMetal stuff: 55 108 and counting!

It's not obsession.

It's passion.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 23 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #8

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Sep 27 2006, 07:57 AM) [snapback]451993[/snapback]
@Chiyo - That was such a nice thought!! I'm with you all the way on that!! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Oct 24 2006, 09:52 AM
Post #9

Guests

My only thread got revived! *le tear of joy*

And @ the spoiler, I myself actually wrote a one-shot of how that may have panned out, since some of us wanted to see what happened and Bones wimped out on showing us. I'll post the link to it if anyone nags me enough about it. >>;

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Oct 24 2006, 12:36 PM
Post #10

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

I've always wondered about that. The Internet is swamped ankle deep in fan pairs with little relevance and even less hygiene, but no one touches on these people.

Just some food for thought. Not a fan of pairing.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
pawnedbyme
post Nov 20 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #11

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,893

I am not too much of a fan but hey that be cool.

+Quote Post
Meitantei Conan
post Nov 20 2006, 07:54 PM
Post #12

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 42,299

I think that Hohenheim Of light is the father of the Homunculus in the manga read Vol.8

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kitty Chow
post Dec 18 2006, 09:22 AM
Post #13

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,844

They did love each other...but Hoenheim shouldn't have left Trisha =(

--------------------
{{~Kitty-Chan~}}
I LOVE FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!!!! GO EDWARD ELRIC!! ^^

+Quote Post
GREEDisGOOD
post Jan 14 2007, 01:54 PM
Post #14

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,729

Actually, out of all the miserable character in this series, i feel the most sorry for Hohenheim. He did do terrible things, but he's seen the error of his ways. Both his sons hate him, and he knows its what he deserves. He was able to fall in love with Trisha, but even that would not last, and he lost her too. His whole life just seems so sad.

+Quote Post
Guest_Triple Soul_*
post Jan 14 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #15

Guests

I think that Hohenheim Of light is the father of the Homunculus in the manga read Vol.8
[spoiler]That is not Hohenheim. That is Father. They're both different beings, as far as we can tell.[/spoiler]

They did love each other...but Hoenheim shouldn't have left Trisha =(

Leaving her may not have been the smartest way to go about it, I must admit, but he did it for the good of his family. He meant to harm by it, it was to protect them, if anything.

Actually, out of all the miserable character in this series, i feel the most sorry for Hohenheim. He did do terrible things, but he's seen the error of his ways. Both his sons hate him, and he knows its what he deserves. He was able to fall in love with Trisha, but even that would not last, and he lost her too. His whole life just seems so sad.

Just a teensy nitpick -- Edward eventually forgave him at the end of the series, and as far as I could tell, Alphonse never hated him.

But yeah, you're right, he's probably /the/ most tragic character in the anime IMO (and that's not the fangirl talking, either). It seems like everytime he does something right, something else crashes down on him and ruins it for him. He seems a bit jynxed, sadly.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 12:40 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css