HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Which FMA Fan-made Pairings Can't You Stand, And, Why? *warning: Possible Spoilers*, Votes on these FMA couples, but no bashing of other FMA fans please :)
Rating 4 V
Which Relationships can't you stand? (please pick all the ones apply)
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 419
Guests cannot vote 
Tombow
post Jan 16 2010, 09:10 AM
Post #361

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<REMINDER>

QUOTE (Dearheart @ Oct 26 2009, 09:55 PM) *
And in case anyone missed it, I hate the pairing...NOT the people who like it. I apologize if I've accidentally stepped on any innocent EdxAl shipper's toes. tongue.gif I don't like it, don't understand it...but if you do, I respect that. Peace out.

Yap, that's exactly what this thread is about. ^^ And, in case some people might not know or might not realize...

Everyone, please do post and tell us which FMA fan-pairings you can't stand, and why. However, please hold your opinion/ranting/bashing/trashing on the PEOPLE who like/dislike certain FMA fan-pairings, on this thread, as that is NOT the topic of this thread. ^^

Please remember: On this thread.... Please do state your opinions on FMA pairings, but NOT your opinions on fans of those FMA pairings.

Thank you! smile.gif

------------

~ Sorry for the interruption, now please go back to the regular discussion! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hyperthia
post Jan 23 2010, 01:54 AM
Post #362

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,952

Ah, another pairing that disturbs me is Hoho/Ed. I've seen plenty of fics where Hohenheim is turned into a drunkard and he rapes Edward. Many people fail to realize that Hohenheim is really a nice, gentle guy. He would never hurt his sons in such a way.
Hoho/Ed mainly disturbs me just because it's incest. I feel the same way about this pairing as I do about Ed/Al

[rant] It's not cute. It's not "hawt". It's not sweet or beautiful or deliciously tragic. IT'S WRONG. It's sick and perverted and cruel and TOTALLY messed-up, and above all else, it's sad...because one of the things that makes FMA such a beautiful and amazing story is the deep, trusting, selfless devotion Ed and Al have for each other as brothers. One of the reasons why their relationship is so powerful is because they're brothers who deeply love each other as such. And in my opinion, when you try and twist that into something romantic, it undermines so much of the meaning in that. Seriously...why is it so impossible for two guy characters to care about each other without getting forced into a ship? Does brotherly love mean nothing to people anymore? Why can't they just appreciate Ed and Al's relationship for what it is and go abuse someone else's characters? dry.gif [/rant]

I must agree with Dearheart. It's so sad how some people can't hear two males say 'I love you' without skewing it into a "romance." Now, I'm not trying to bash anyone here. It's just that I have a hard time understanding how brotherly love can be so misconstrued.
I love the brotherly love between Ed and Al; that is, indeed, what make FMA such a beautiful series! All that love!

Speaking of incest, and Hoho/Ed, etc... I thought this comic was hilarious! It's by corilefay on Deviant Art. Here's the link.

--------------------
Siggy made by hilary::Avatar by me: link (do not use)
My FanFiction and DeviantArt accounts. :)

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 23 2010, 02:01 AM
Post #363

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Once again, REMINDER (as a possible preemptive measure xp)

On this thread, please do post and tell us which FMA fan-made pairings you can't stand, and why.

However, please curve your posting of your opinion on PEOPLE (other FMA fans) who like/dislike certain FMA fan-pairings, on this thread, as that is NOT the topic of this thread. ^^

You guys can post and tell us about your dislikes of certain FMA parings, and tell us why you don't like such parings, WITHOUT putting down other FMA fans who happen to favor the FMA pairings you happen to abhor, on your post here... right? ^^

That would be very much appreciated!! Thank you! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Katya Martin
post Jan 23 2010, 12:30 PM
Post #364

Alchemists

Member No.: 72,181

In general, I can't stand pairings that blatantly go against a character's canonical personality. So many pairings are something that neither of the characters involved would never actually do-- Hughes cheating on Gracia, for instance. When characters are paired against how they've been written, it seems like an insult to the work to me.

--------------------

awesomeness by Arakawa, Project FMA banner by Aribelle, avatar by me
I draw things.

+Quote Post
fmadiva
post Jan 23 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #365

Citizen

Member No.: 47,009

QUOTE (Sword Alchemist @ Jun 11 2008, 08:59 PM) *
I know I have already expressed my dislike for this pairing but.........

I CANNOT STAND ROYAI.

I just wanted to say it again to protest against Royai Day.

I'll admit that I feel somewhat left out while a lot of FMA fans are posting fanfictions and fanart in celebration of Royai day. It makes me feel like the only FMA fan who's anti-Royai.

I feel the SAME way I thought I was the only one who didn't like Royai because everyone seems to like it

I thought I already posted here...

Anyway, I really,really don't like Royai because it is the most overrated couple in FMA. It is constantly thrown in my face and the couple is not significant enough to have that much popularity in my opinion.

The Royai fans is probably what made me not like this couple so much because some of them put down other couples too much because it interrupts the Royainess(which makes no since)

--------------------
RoyxEd<3

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jan 25 2010, 03:48 AM
Post #366

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

RoyxEd and Elricest are both fairly repulsing.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Jan 28 2010, 07:45 PM
Post #367

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

I HATE HATE HATE RosexEd and EdxNoah!!!!! haha. because ed belongs to Winry anyway.

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Feb 15 2010, 07:18 PM
Post #368

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

QUOTE (fmadiva @ Jan 23 2010, 06:35 PM) *
QUOTE (Sword Alchemist @ Jun 11 2008, 08:59 PM) *
I know I have already expressed my dislike for this pairing but.........

I CANNOT STAND ROYAI.

I just wanted to say it again to protest against Royai Day.

I'll admit that I feel somewhat left out while a lot of FMA fans are posting fanfictions and fanart in celebration of Royai day. It makes me feel like the only FMA fan who's anti-Royai.

I feel the SAME way I thought I was the only one who didn't like Royai because everyone seems to like it

I thought I already posted here...

Anyway, I really,really don't like Royai because it is the most overrated couple in FMA. It is constantly thrown in my face and the couple is not significant enough to have that much popularity in my opinion.

Just want to make sure of what you mean by the couple is not "significant enough"?

IMO, regardless of whether or not you like the pairing, it's hard to deny that Royai is one of the more heavily played up pairings in the manga itself. Only EdxWinry gets a comparable amount of attention, it seems.

Personally I don't really get RoyxEd. Not because it's two guys, but because it just makes no sense as a pairing imo.

+Quote Post
fmadiva
post Feb 19 2010, 05:55 PM
Post #369

Citizen

Member No.: 47,009

QUOTE (hawkflame @ Feb 15 2010, 08:18 PM) *
Just want to make sure of what you mean by the couple is not "significant enough"?

IMO, regardless of whether or not you like the pairing, it's hard to deny that Royai is one of the more heavily played up pairings in the manga itself. Only EdxWinry gets a comparable amount of attention, it seems.

Personally I don't really get RoyxEd. Not because it's two guys, but because it just makes no sense as a pairing imo.

EdxWinry is an example of a significant couple to me. Royai is implied but not as strongly as EdxWinry you can't even really say they're in love yet. RoyxEd is a fanmade couple so it doesn't have to make sense in the anime or manga just in fanfiction. btw I said royai was insignificant in my opinion it's not like I stated a fact so why does it matter.
Reason for edit: Can we avoid quoting many people at once and only quote the comment you are replying to? Thank-you

--------------------
RoyxEd<3

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Feb 20 2010, 03:47 AM
Post #370

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION.

This thread was set up so you could discuss which pairings you personally dislike...not why your favourite is more justified than another or why somebody disliking a pair is "wrong".

Can we also avoid calling pairings disgusting. Though this may be your feeling it can upset people who like that couple or even encourage a fight.

Thank-you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Feb 20 2010, 10:07 AM
Post #371

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

I'm tolerable of most pairings because it depends on personal tastes, I guess.

But one pairing that I really dislike is Elricest. I personally don't understand how people can support it, to be honest, because they're brothers. To me a sibling relationship is a really special one in itself, and this brotherly love is one of the driving forces of FMA itself, and I think people taking that into incest are just ruining it. And as well as that, I don't agree with incest. oO

--------------------

+Quote Post
_Jelly
post Mar 9 2010, 11:53 PM
Post #372

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 31,991

I can't stand RoyxEd. Well, not just RoyxEd, but like Katya Martin said, when a pairing twists the personality and traists of another character to work. RoyxEd for instance... neither are homosexual, and canonically, Ed is in fact in love with Winry. And when the fans start jumping up and down when they think they see hints of a it in the manga or anime, I wanna slice someone. If a fan acknowledges that the pairing they support is not canon (if it isnt...) then, sure, no problem.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Mar 11 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #373

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

I don't hate fanfiction and such because it's sick or perverted or anything, no that's not it at all. I just hate it because I don't understand it.

A lot of these people are really great writers! Great stories, good dialog, all around a good story. But it's not FMA. The characters don't even act like the characters, so really you're just taking the name of someone else's character for your own character. Why not write your own stories? If Arakawa's characters aren't good enough for you, why not go make your own? Why bother using these characters to begin with, if obviously you don't like them enough to actually write for THAT CHARACTER? That's all I'm sayin'. I just don't get it.

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
ScarMySoul
post Mar 12 2010, 09:18 PM
Post #374

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 36,754

I was looking over the choices and with all the "problems" between Roy and Winry what with him killing her parents I just don't see how that pairing would work so I chose that one. Just to let you know the spoiler tags are there solely for the people who just so happen to be new to the anime. smile.gif

As for the yaoi ones, I'm not opposed to yaoi at all... not one bit, but what I chose was BarryX48.... I just don't see that happening....
happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Mar 13 2010, 01:07 AM
Post #375

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

^Yeah, come to think of it, I've never understood RoyxWinry, either. I don't believe I've ever seen any substantial connection between the two. In fact, I don't really recall them having any sort of regular contact with each other.

--------------------

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 02:44 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css