HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Did Gluttony Recognize Wrath In The Movie?
His Name is Unkn...
post Sep 11 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,795

<Edited the thread title from "Just Though Of Something [about Gluttony]" to "Did Gluttony recognize Wrath in the movie?" to clearly describe the topic of the thread. 02/21/07 ~Tombow>

When I first watched the movie, I couldn't figure out why Gluttony only went after Wrath and left Al alone in the Underground City battle.

But viewing it a second time, it looked as though Gluttony recognized Wrath when he saw him. He would hate Wrath because he killed Lust. I know he's just supposed to be a mindless eating machine now, but it would be awesome if there was indeed a deeper level to their fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Odysseus
post Sep 11 2006, 05:54 PM
Post #2

Apprentice

Member No.: 15,996

An intriguing theory, I too pondered that, didn't come to that conclusion though. Well, there's no official explantion as of now that I know of, but good theory! happy.gif I suppose he wouldn't recognize Al either since last Gluttony saw of him he was still a suit of armor.

--------------------
IPB Image
I've returned after a long absence so hooray? ^^
My forum family: So far just my one and only sister: ed's numbuh 1 fan

+Quote Post
hisokaomi
post Sep 13 2006, 12:32 AM
Post #3

Citizen

Member No.: 40,574

I thought so too, since Al only regained his own body at the end of the battle when Glutton was nowhere to be found. But Wrath still looked the same...

--------------------
<Your sig is too big (long) for this board. The Max sig space for our board, including all texts and pics,
is 500 pix wide x 300 pix high. Please try to contain all your sig stuff within this size.Thanks!! ^^ >

http://pics.livejournal.com/hisokaomi/pic/0004h9e1.jpg

+Quote Post
Untitled
post Sep 17 2006, 12:27 AM
Post #4

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 38,823

Hmm.. Yeah! Good point! The only thing that changed with Wrath was his arm and leg but everything else was noticable.. I was thinking of the same thing but I couldn't think of an answer. You gave it to me! Thanks! happy.gif

--------------------
Back from the <insert place>. Reconstructing <:

+Quote Post
Wrath.
post Sep 20 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #5

Citizen

Member No.: 40,743

Sloth killed Lust buddy

--------------------
Ed: You're...Izumi's...
Wrath: ...I'm Wrath

Hey! Sorry to whoever i stole this avy from. I've been on so many FMA boards and i'm not sure which one i got it from so if it's from this one and you have a problem with me using it then contact me and ill get rid of it.

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Sep 20 2006, 04:41 PM
Post #6

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

QUOTE(Wrath. @ Sep 21 2006, 12:38 AM) [snapback]448850[/snapback]

Sloth killed Lust buddy

[spoiler]Sloth and Wrath did. Mostly Wrath. He made the big bad circle.[/spoiler]

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Migchao
post Sep 20 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #7

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 27,550

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Sep 20 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]448852[/snapback]

QUOTE(Wrath. @ Sep 21 2006, 12:38 AM) [snapback]448850[/snapback]

Sloth killed Lust buddy

[spoiler]Sloth and Wrath did. Mostly Wrath. He made the big bad circle.[/spoiler]

Sloth? I don't remember her ever taking part in Lust's death.

It was Wrath's fault! He killed EnvyxLust!!!

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Sep 20 2006, 05:30 PM
Post #8

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

I belive Sloth lured lust into the trap. I could be mistaken though...

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
sweety_pie
post Sep 20 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #9

Major General

Member No.: 35,070

I do not think Sloth helped with Lusts death. She was kind of busy being evaperated, maybe?
Anyways, Lust figured out that if she made Wrath cough up enough stones he would eventually die.So he ran, she chased, and forgetting about the transmutation circle.

--------------------

Thank you so much Milky for the Siggie. You are the awesomest!

+Quote Post
Nicoli Flamel
post Sep 24 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #10

Citizen

Member No.: 41,353

If I remember correctly. Sloth was dealing with the Elrics at the time. Lust came after Wrath trying to cut him to peices. The two were bantering about why she was defecting. He lured her into the circle then, if I recall correctly, he still had the necklace, used it on her. She threw up her stones. In doing so he came over and slit her throat before that he asked why did she want to be human...and there was this talk about dieing. Lust goes on to say that she wanted to know if there was something more on the other side. Though I think in truth she just wanted to live her life as a normal woman. Then Wrath went and slit her throat and says something about her death, and then asks why it is that he wants to be human as well.

I don't think that it was the fact that Gluttony ignored Al. I think becuase he wasn't moving around as much as Wrath was, Gluttony didn't see him as a good enough target. Dante said his mind was gone but I don't see that being completely true.

NF

+Quote Post
HagaRen016
post Oct 14 2006, 10:52 PM
Post #11

Citizen

Member No.: 42,051

That's pretty much what I was thinking, too. . .

--------------------
"A single flower. Such a soft, delicate, and dainty object. . . Yet so powerful in thought they could drive a human mad with love- Or leave them dead inside with loss. This precious gift. . . Is all that I need.

+Quote Post
Amol
post Oct 17 2006, 11:58 PM
Post #12

Major General

Member No.: 39,340

hey i think the way Nicoli Flamel describes the death of LUST is preety right.
I totally agree.... i just finished seeing the searies second time and sloth was not involved with Lust dying.

And as for Gluttony ..... people here are just talking about - why is he after WRATH ? huh.gif
I was more amazed to see that huge form of his ohmy.gif and i was busy wondering how could he have acquired that. It was really cool and scary at the first sight.

+Quote Post
His Name is Unkn...
post Oct 21 2006, 09:27 AM
Post #13

Apprentice

Member No.: 40,795

After having watched the movie a couple times and thought about the series a little more - I don't think it really matters whether Gluttony recognized Wrath or not. Just the fact that he fought (and beat) the one who killed his lust made it seem more appopriate (although, no less disgusting - poor wrath!) In fact, all the Homunculi have deaths that are appropriate/ironic in some way:

Envy - jealousy for Edward and Alphonse's relationship and hatred for Hohenheim leads him to venture beyond the gate. He does eventually get to kill his father, but dies as a result.

Gluttony - dies eating. Lol

Sloth - Killed by the one who created her, which also happens to be her son (in a weird sort of way). She slowly evaporates into the air.

Greed - Wants to have it all, but is prevented by Dante and co. Sacrifices himself to give Ed the guts and the knowledge to kill the other homunculi so he can be avenged.

Pride - killed by Roy Mustang, the man who would be Furher. His only exception for his disdain for the capacity of humans seems to be his son - which is also his undoing.

Wrath - Dies fighting; death is very gruesome.

Lust - desire for humanity is ultimately her undoing. This would be lust in the sense of an extreme longing.

Dante (not a homunculus, I know) - consumed by Gluttony. It's interesting to note that the other two homunculi she created were Greed and Pride, emotions which figure heavily into her character's motivation. That she is eaten alive is almost too perfect. Her body was already being consumed by her desire for immortality and ultimately her life is as well.

+Quote Post
Mercy_Alchemist9...
post Nov 28 2006, 01:38 AM
Post #14

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,008

I never really thought about it. I always figured that Wrath was the first one he saw, and foccused on him made him completely ignore Alphonse. (Since you're the essense of hunger, when you see food you hunt it down and nothing else matters.)

I didn't see Lust's death, missed that episode I'm afraid... But it'll come up again.

--------------------
We interrupt this signature for an important question:

If it is not approved allowed to post on a thread that has long since died been "resting" for a while, and each member is allowed to open only one his/her own "art collection" thread for posting his/her artwork in fanart forum, then does that mean I can not post my artworks again on my old art thread?
(No, I'm not looking for "Post it in 'The Beauty of Your own Artwork'" as an answer, thank you!)

<Answer: Yes, of course!! Hope to see many more of your artworks!! :) ~ Board Staff>

Off to Michigan! Be back soon!

+Quote Post
The random alche...
post Dec 9 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #15

Alchemists

Member No.: 42,778

actually someone ask me that question once over youtube. when I read the "official" subtitles it is possible that at the last moment Dante was going to give back Gluttony's memories via alchemy however once she hit Gluttony with the alchemy she ultimately fell to her demise.
In this case Gluttony fell too and probably couldn't climb back up so he ate Dante's remains and what was left of her PS which probably resulted in the mutation. that's the only explanation if you believe Gluttony could has reconized Wrath.

though I tend to agree moreso with Merci Alchemist94's theory, in which is what I responded to the fellow on youtube. chances are it was simple irony of him seeing Wrath first. wacko.gif

--------------------
Where there is random you shall find me : D

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2016 - 03:48 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css