HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Fma Ending Discussion [major Series And Movie Spoilers!], Comparison of the way the series ends versus how the film ends
Nepharski
post Sep 14 2006, 07:47 PM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(Jen_Elric @ Sep 14 2006, 06:33 PM) [snapback]446458[/snapback]
(accidently, of course)

Of course.

Unless you hold with the evil Riza theory.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
I_like_FMA
post Sep 15 2006, 03:47 PM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 40,973

I think the ending in the anime was fine and the ending in the movir sucked.

+Quote Post
dahomunculi
post Sep 17 2006, 07:15 AM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 33,920

IMO, I think the ep. 51's ending was better. it was more touching then the movie's. Ed and Al should've stayed in thier world-

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
IttyBittyPretty
post Sep 17 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 35,364

[quote name=Anyhow, what makes me uneasy is that it was all so unclear for the, the last 6 episodes just seemed to rushed
[/quote]

How true. The final episode should have been an hour long, even my sister (not the anime fan I am) disliked the credits appearing so early, she thought the episode was over before the final shot!

QUOTE(I_like_FMA @ Sep 15 2006, 05:47 PM) [snapback]446799[/snapback]

I think the ending in the anime was fine and the ending in the movir sucked.

I suspect the movie ending was such to allow for the possibility of a sequel.

--------------------
IttyBittyPretty

My Ff.net author profile
my DA account!
My Flickr Photostream!

Tear off your own head, it's a doll revolution! - ELvis Costello

+Quote Post
Wyrd_Raven
post Sep 17 2006, 08:25 PM
Post #20

Alchemists

Member No.: 24,884

QUOTE(IttyBittyPretty @ Sep 17 2006, 09:57 PM) [snapback]447707[/snapback]

I suspect the movie ending was such to allow for the possibility of a sequel.

Except they aren't going to. The Director said as much.

--------------------
Tell me your wish. I will grant any wish. Just compensate me with one thing...

+Quote Post
IttyBittyPretty
post Jan 16 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #21

Today's mail brought me a DVD of the movie and I watched it right after work. And it was...OK, but it could have used 30-40 minutes more. The carnage on the cutting room floor must have been terrible.
And now I've seen the ending, Ed's final speech to Al virtually guarantees a sequel. Don't know if it'll happen, but I really hope it does. And I also hope it'll be better.
The anime ending is still more bittersweet because I feel the series was done to a higher standard than the movie.

--------------------
IttyBittyPretty

My Ff.net author profile
my DA account!
My Flickr Photostream!

+Quote Post
shorebay
post Feb 1 2007, 03:24 PM
Post #22

Citizen

Member No.: 44,333

I loved the series and I love the manga. The movie is pretty good but it seems more questions unanswered for me and at time contradictory to me. The ending in the movie was more bitter. Sure the brothers where back together but their whole world was ripped away. If Al could transmute his soul into th armor, why didn't he send a suit of armor over to the other side to close the gate. Also, in the manga, Edward tells Hawkeye that he is afraid of using a gun, yet in the movie he uses one no problem. It just seemed strange to me. That's all.

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Feb 3 2007, 06:08 AM
Post #23

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE(shorebay @ Feb 1 2007, 02:24 PM) [snapback]499587[/snapback]
I loved the series and I love the manga. The movie is pretty good but it seems more questions unanswered for me and at time contradictory to me. The ending in the movie was more bitter. Sure the brothers where back together but their whole world was ripped away. If Al could transmute his soul into th armor, why didn't he send a suit of armor over to the other side to close the gate. Also, in the manga, Edward tells Hawkeye that he is afraid of using a gun, yet in the movie he uses one no problem. It just seemed strange to me. That's all.

Answer to question#1: Al sending a possessed armor to the real world to close the gate wouldn't solve anything: Alchemy doesn't work in that world, and the transfer period would be too brief for him to find an alternative way.

Answer to question#2: Yes, Ed has a problem with firearms, but keep in mind that he's been stuck in the real world for two years. He is unable to use any alchemy, so he's forced to find other means to defend himself. Sorta a 'grit your teeth and bear it' situation.

claudius

+Quote Post
Kenji
post Feb 3 2007, 06:14 AM
Post #24

Brigadier General

Member No.: 44,341

QUOTE(IttyBittyPretty @ Jan 17 2007, 12:27 PM) [snapback]494753[/snapback]
And now I've seen the ending, Ed's final speech to Al virtually guarantees a sequel. Don't know if it'll happen, but I really hope it does. And I also hope it'll be better.

I have the same opinion too... The Conqueror of Shambala only previewed about the door to paralel world and nothing about the bomb brought through the door...

+Quote Post
IttyBittyPretty
post Feb 4 2007, 09:00 PM
Post #25

Answer to question#1: Al sending a possessed armor to the real world to close the gate wouldn't solve anything: Alchemy doesn't work in that world, and the transfer period would be too brief for him to find an alternative way.

#Actually, alchemy DOES work in the machine (real) world. Just not the way Ed is used to doing it. He was able to a trigger the Thule Society's array when he accidentally wiped blood off his face onto a glove before he touched the circle (Blood seems to be a major component of alchemy). But you are right that Al would have to work quickly to use the possessed armor to close the portal. AFTER he convinced Ed he wouldn't need to sacrifice himself yet again. Course, if he had, there wouldn't be much need for a sequel. :-P So, thank the anime gods for bullheaded older brothers.

--------------------
IttyBittyPretty

My Ff.net author profile
my DA account!
My Flickr Photostream!

+Quote Post
Guest_Tuckersux_*
post Feb 10 2007, 10:22 AM
Post #26

Guests

I vote anime, the movie sucked.

+Quote Post
Tenkyoen
post Feb 13 2007, 08:52 PM
Post #27

Citizen

Member No.: 44,668

Yeah...But Deep, deep down, don't all anime fans hate the ending of a good (AWESOME!) series? I mean, what now? the series that you used to stay up every night to watch is over. I mean, what are you going to do now, it's not like we sleep or anything...smile.gif Anyway, most of us feel that when a series is over and you know that there is no sequal, it just kind of sucks. At least I have my manga to hold on to...

What If That ends?!? *Nervous twitching*

--------------------

I stand For Truth, Justice, and PUDDING!!! *shifty eyes* My Pudding!!
This website ROX!!! *Beeping* Oh No! Time for my evil laugh! BMMWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-*cough*-Eh...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
That is all.

+Quote Post
Arthur-F.Metal4l...
post Feb 18 2007, 03:52 AM
Post #28

Apprentice

Member No.: 44,836

well personaly i think it would be better if another movie would be created and that they camebback somewhy cause man they left Winry all alone

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Feb 19 2007, 12:03 AM
Post #29

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

I'm moving this from FMA Anime American Audience sub-forum to FMA Anime Movie sub-forum.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 11:01 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css