HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 63 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Nicoli Flamel
post Sep 25 2006, 11:20 PM
Post #136

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,353

Just an odd thought. How did Scar get the notes up north in the first place without anyone noticing him going there? I mean, I would think that having an Ishbalan heading North to where there probabaly are not many Ishbalans would get someone's attention right? So when could he have deposited those notes? Before he went on his "quest'? After he became healed?

So Roy is pulling in favors now? It's interesting to see what develops with Havoc and Ran Fan being put out of action for a while. Although I'm betting that Roy and the others have a plan for just this sort of situation. Or Roy's formulating one.

I'm curious as to who the new Lust will be? Since she's dead, and they brought back Greed in Ling, I have a very creepy feeling that a possiblity might be Riza. Why? For one thing a threat to Roy and his plans. For another, keeping an enemy that close to Bradly might have Father unhappy. Then there's Maria Ross. I just hope it's not out of left feild when it happens. Having Ling become Greed was a twist that I liked.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Antimony
post Sep 26 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #137

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,225

QUOTE(Nicoli Flamel @ Sep 26 2006, 02:20 AM) [snapback]451527[/snapback]

Just an odd thought. How did Scar get the notes up north in the first place without anyone noticing him going there? I mean, I would think that having an Ishbalan heading North to where there probabaly are not many Ishbalans would get someone's attention right? So when could he have deposited those notes? Before he went on his "quest'? After he became healed?

So Roy is pulling in favors now? It's interesting to see what develops with Havoc and Ran Fan being put out of action for a while. Although I'm betting that Roy and the others have a plan for just this sort of situation. Or Roy's formulating one.

I'm curious as to who the new Lust will be? Since she's dead, and they brought back Greed in Ling, I have a very creepy feeling that a possiblity might be Riza. Why? For one thing a threat to Roy and his plans. For another, keeping an enemy that close to Bradly might have Father unhappy. Then there's Maria Ross. I just hope it's not out of left feild when it happens. Having Ling become Greed was a twist that I liked.

You brought up a good question about Scar. We still don't know what he did between the end of the war and killing the Tuckers. That's a long period of time when he could have hidden the notebook.

As for the Lust issue, that's been discussed here already and we've concluded that it probably WON'T happen. Greed only came back because his Philosopher's Stone was preserved, but Lust's was totally destroyed by Roy. There's no way she can come back.

--------------------
IPB Image

I've got a deviantART gallery! --> http://nanashi.deviantart.com/
I've got a fan art thread! --> http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=7090

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Sep 26 2006, 04:04 PM
Post #138

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(Nicoli Flamel @ Sep 25 2006, 11:20 PM) [snapback]451527[/snapback]

Lust. Is. Dead.

She. Is. Not. Coming. Back. Period.

Somewhat off topic, but does anyone have any idea when the next Tankoban comes out? I'm really curious as to the cover artwork this time around.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Jellybean
post Sep 26 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #139

Alchemists

Member No.: 11,397

I think that, in theory, it would be possible to turn another character into Lust, but Arakawa already played the "good character turned to Homonculus" card and us too cool to use the same plot twist twice.

+Quote Post
Nicoli Flamel
post Sep 27 2006, 08:44 AM
Post #140

Citizen

You brought up a good question about Scar. We still don't know what he did between the end of the war and killing the Tuckers. That's a long period of time when he could have hidden the notebook.

What puzzles me most about this is how he manged to get up there in the first place. Assuming that he slept in caves and such, he still had his wounds to deal with. I mean yes he is a strong man, even stronger now then he was, but even so...he was still a mess when he left that camp. Also to consider is the fact that the north is bitterly cold I assume. So he probably wasn't used to that, and to make matters worse there's the fact that he's got markings on his arms, and he is Ishbalan.

My only guess was that he managed to make some allies along the way. Maybe one of those gentlemen that work with M. General Armstrong. But again, seems like a very long way to travel for one Ishbalan. And wouldn't he be worried some what about the notes being found by the military or the people up there.

Anyone speculating that there might be a different form of Alchemy in the North as well?

@Nepharski: Roy did destroy the stone, but couldn't father easily produce a new stone? He said of Gluttony that he'd bring him back with all his memories. What exactly is to stop him from doing the same with Lust.

And yes, probably not going to be one of the good guys again. Though it would seem odd to leave her out seeing as there's how many more volumes to go? Missing one of the sins somehow would feel rather off putting if two we thought were gone are being brought back.

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Sep 27 2006, 09:06 AM
Post #141

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

@Nepharski: Roy did destroy the stone, but couldn't father easily produce a new stone? He said of Gluttony that he'd bring him back with all his memories. What exactly is to stop him from doing the same with Lust.

The difference between Gluttony and Lust and Greed for that matter is Greed and Gluttony's stones were not destroyed and hence could come back. You saw Father take both those stones back. Lust's stone on the otherhand was completely destroyed.

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Sep 27 2006, 10:06 AM
Post #142

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

But Glutonny's stone has been destroyed too. Father only take his "soul" and "mind" from the Stone. I think that the biggest problem with Lust is that Father can't give a soul to a new Lust. To create another Stone is not hard for him. But to put a soul in his creation is another thing...

+Quote Post
Reta McClain
post Sep 27 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #143

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,803

Duh, we can see very clearly that Lust's stone is destroyed. This didn't happen with Greed's stone, as you can see. Same thing with the Gluttony.

This leads to the fact, that Father can't create new Lust until he has created a new stone. And if you need all people of Xerxes to make one stone (the one inside of Envy), Father can't make new very soon. People will notice if some town is wiped empty of all humans.

I hope this is clear.

--------------------

Adobe Photoshop Elements is my friend^^
My FanFiction.Net account
A Fangirl of Good Looking Fullmetal Alchemist Men = FGLFMAM

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Sep 27 2006, 11:50 AM
Post #144

Member No.: 3,267

Thank you Reta for linking to the scenes that show the only stone that was actually destroyed was Lust's stone and this is why she can not come back.

+Quote Post
Nicoli Flamel
post Sep 27 2006, 04:48 PM
Post #145

Citizen

Alright I agree, evidence clearly is against my theory of the possiblity that lust shall return. But again it seems just a bit odd to only have 6 of the seven sins. I suppose that her death was a way to keep it down on the number of characters that our wonderful Author had to keep up with. I do hope that Pride and Sloth both live up to what we're expecting from them.

Any thoughts as to what that letter that ed recived might say?

+Quote Post
Reta McClain
post Sep 27 2006, 10:02 PM
Post #146

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,803

(I have to go to school at any moment, so this isn't probably the best post.)

Letter, well... Armstrong said it was introduction letter. So it probably tells who Ed is, if he decides to go to see Major General Armstrong. (That woman gives me creeps, although we've seen her only once! ph34r.gif )
And it can be that Roy asks alliance through it. Military higher ups sent Grumman to the East City, because he wasn't interested about Homunculi. I think it is same with Mj. Gen. Armstrong. She was send to the north about same reason probably.

(OMG 13 days until chapter 64 is released!)

--------------------

Adobe Photoshop Elements is my friend^^
My FanFiction.Net account
A Fangirl of Good Looking Fullmetal Alchemist Men = FGLFMAM

+Quote Post
Antimony
post Sep 28 2006, 12:09 PM
Post #147

Alchemists

Wow, 13 days already? My goodness, where does the time go?

Okay, so remind me how many people are going to the North right now. There's Ed and Al, Scar's group, Kimbley and Hohenheim. With that many alchemists in one place there's bound to be fireworks going off! But did Scar's group split up and go in different directions, or are they still together?

--------------------
IPB Image

I've got a fan art thread! --> http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=7090

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 28 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #148

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(Antimony @ Sep 28 2006, 03:09 PM) [snapback]452465[/snapback]
Wow, 13 days already? My goodness, where does the time go?

Okay, so remind me how many people are going to the North right now. There's Ed and Al, Scar's group, Kimbley and Hohenheim. With that many alchemists in one place there's bound to be fireworks going off!
@Antimony - Indeed, I can feel the fireworks ahead!!
And, remember there was something about the earth having energy "vein" thing??
If that is similar to the earth enery vein theory I heard, there are also some spots on earth that has like, a pool of that enery (I think they said something about this, too??), and I'm guessing the North might be one of them. (Well, at least that's my wild imagination!! XDDD)
QUOTE(Antimony @ Sep 28 2006, 03:09 PM) [snapback]452465[/snapback]
did Scar's group split up and go in different directions, or are they still together?
Looks like, Mei, accompanied by one adult, possiblyYoki, took trains to North via East.
Scar, possibly with Marcoh are said to have been heading North on land. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonsterEnvy
post Sep 28 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #149

Member No.: 32,500

QUOTE(Tombow @ Sep 28 2006, 05:51 PM) [snapback]452535[/snapback]

And, remember there was something about the earth having energy "vein" thing??
If that is similar to the earth enery vein theory I heard, there are also some spots on earth that has like, a pool of that enery (I think they said something about this, too??), and I'm guessing the North might be one of them. (Well, at least that's my wild imagination!! XDDD)

I've been on that FMA reread community (BLATANT ADVERTISING) and there, we mentioned something that Lust said, about 'the angry energy burning a crest of blood into the earth' (or something to that effect) in Liore, all the way back in chapter 5. This sort of thing might be important to rentanjutsu, and these energy pools you're talking about.

Also, Scar didn,t need to go to the north immediately. It's quite likely that he was all healed before he started moving north, and then took a train. No one would report a peaceful Ishbalan traveling, as long as he didn't blow stuff up. Most likely, it was before he started killing State alchemists.

--------------------

Sig and tag by Nil-Chan
Punctuation, spelling, and general grammar are our friends! Don't look like an idiot, and be sure not to use numbers in words or toss random Japanese words into sentences where they don't belong.

+Quote Post
Antimony
post Sep 30 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #150

Alchemists

QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ Sep 28 2006, 07:05 PM) [snapback]452556[/snapback]

Also, Scar didn,t need to go to the north immediately. It's quite likely that he was all healed before he started moving north, and then took a train. No one would report a peaceful Ishbalan traveling, as long as he didn't blow stuff up. Most likely, it was before he started killing State alchemists.

That's right. Even though he had his brother's arm, Scar wasn't an alchemist and didn't know how to use it. It may have been some time before he learned how it worked and decided to go on a killing spree.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 05:54 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css