HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Bilingual/multilingual: Are You?, Do you speak any other language aside from English? Which languages?
paperstars
post Aug 29 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #91

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,600

Aside from english, I've been learning German for the past 5 years, and hopefully I'll be learning it for the next 2 smile.gif. Bit of latin, I had to learn French at junior school but we didn't get on and all I can say is "Bonjour!" tongue.gif (I was truly terrible. How can you do it, french speakers?)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ShoOtaku
post Jun 27 2010, 01:54 PM
Post #92

Citizen

Member No.: 74,635

Other than English, I've taught myself German for about 2 years, then took the class in school. I've taugh myself French and Japanese. Also a bit of Italian and I'm currently teaching myself, and taking, Spanish.

--------------------

don't be afraid. be daring. go bold. [ s t a n d o u t ].

Signature Made by ShoOtaku

+Quote Post
Kaori Ayanami
post Jun 27 2010, 04:06 PM
Post #93

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,575

Wow, so much multilingual folks. happy.gif

Aside from Spanish, I've studied a fair share of English and some Japanese. English was a must at school, and I was lucky enough to be taught on it by very good teachers. My Japanese is kind of half self-taught, half learned at regular courses. tongue.gif

By the way, Italian is not that close to Spanish, at least from a Spanish-speaker point of view sleep.gif. Yet, I understand it a little, as I do with most Romance languages. I also had Latin at university, but I barely learned something. XD

Once I attended this ancient Greek one-week course laugh.gif. Of course I learned almost nothing at all, but I got hooked. It's an interesting language, and there are many interesting texts written in it, so I would like to start studying it more seriously some day. Besides, it would be good for my CV. ^^

+Quote Post
majrakun
post Jun 27 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #94

Citizen

Member No.: 74,630

My first language is Malay, but I've learnt English since kindergarten and I use it as much as Malay itself. That's why my generation and below are criticised by the older ones, saying how we tainted our mothertongue, haha.

One day, I hope to be able to learn Mandarin and Japanese, although I seem to be leaning more towards Japanese now since I'm more exposed to it that Mandarin. :/

+Quote Post
Carmencita
post Jun 28 2010, 02:23 PM
Post #95

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,440

Well let's see...
-Eu falo portugese (ok so I speak portugese, I do not know how to read or write portugese so there is my failed attempt...)!
-Watashi ga Nihongo o Hanashimasu!
-I speak English!
-!Yo llabla esponal!

So four languages (Portugese, Japanese, English, and Spanish). I speak both Brazilian and Portugal portugese but people. They are basically the same! It's just in Portugal they have this rather strong accent that makes you think "ohhh it said like this!" but it's not. It's an accent people.

And I know some Latin but not enough to go up to a random person and say "Hey I speak Latin! Do you????". I only know some... unique words in Latin. Thank Elfen Lied for that.

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jun 28 2010, 02:39 PM
Post #96

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

I'm bilingual... sort of. I speak Swedish and English, but the latter I hardly feel fluant in. Also, I'm much better at writing than speaking it, haven't had much practice in speaking since year 8, when I had a Canadian English teacher. Now we have a genuine Brit teaching us English, and I'm pretty happy about that. Still, my confidence in my oral abilities (lol) has declined as a result of such a long period of time without properly speaking the language, so I have a slight problem with talking in front of the class, unless I'm forced to. I just need to get warmed up though, open my mouth and start talking. I'm sure that with some practise I'll improve.

I also know a few phrases in Spanish - I took Spanish from year 6 to year 9, but didn't really focus that much on learning, which is a shame. And a lot of the little I actually learned has faded from my memory.

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Nuclear Alchemis...
post Jul 1 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #97

Citizen

Member No.: 74,552

I know Romanian since I was born; I am learning English since 2003 and French since 2008 (both at school)....
... and Japanese from FMA.

--------------------
I believe in Python
On Facebook, I am Alexandru Calin
I participate at SETI@home using BOINC
I use NASM

+Quote Post
KwiatekAlchemist
post Jul 1 2010, 02:21 PM
Post #98

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 70,538

I speak English and fluently speak Polish.
I know a some phrases in German and Japanese too.

+Quote Post
Neurotripsy
post Jul 5 2010, 10:38 AM
Post #99

Citizen

Member No.: 59,303

Took five years of German & four of French at school, self-taught Japanese on-&-off since I was nine, planning to learn Czech from my mum, & maybe teach myself a few more languages when I can afford the textbooks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Jul 5 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #100

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

English and Spanish!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
Steff
post Jul 21 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #101

Citizen

Member No.: 74,536

i know english spanish and some japanese i really wanna learn latin but no one teaches it at our school :/

--------------------

icon by fleawaygrenade
banner by _Bazooka_[

+Quote Post
Vika_tamaka
post Jul 23 2010, 08:42 AM
Post #102

Citizen

Member No.: 74,991

I'm not English.... O_O (even I like it ) so I can speak my native language, too: Italian U_U If someone wants to learn words or other , I'm here happy.gif nice to help you =P *please correct me if I'll say something wrong.... -.-

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Jul 27 2010, 05:54 PM
Post #103

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

I'm from a small country between India and China called Nepal.
I speak both Nepali and English fluently.

And I'm learning French at school (so I can be trilingual! :'D). I also want to learn Hindi, which is the official language of India and is really close to Nepali. I think it's a beautiful language. ^^

Other languages I want to learn are Japanese and Italian. :3

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
von Hohenheim
post Aug 5 2010, 01:53 AM
Post #104

Citizen

Member No.: 75,118

I speak English natively, and learned to speak Cantonese when I was very young. I learned Japanese in high school, but not very much, and studied Latin in university.

Ich spreche ja Deutsch.
I learn German on my own free time using a method I coined "language reconstruction". You can see more about it and my progress here:
http://deutschdeduktionspiel.blogspot.com/

--------------------

Seit mein Körper sich geändert hat, habe ich zahllose Todesfälle eingesehen. Ich habe beobachtet, wie Freunde alt werden und sterben... habe ganz verwandelnde Orte angesehen, die ich mich früher errinere. Ich schau an, wie Menschen, wieder und wieder, die gleiche Fehler wieder holen und niemals lernen sie von die Vergangenheit. Doch meine einzige Befreiung, ist es mich selbst zu errinern, daß ich noch ein Fleck mitten dem großerem Bild der Sache bin. Da gibt es noch ein menge schöne einzige Dinge, die ich mag schon erfahren... Daran dachte ich, es würde wunderbar sein... Liebe Trisha, als ich du traf und wir Kinder haben, habe ich erkannt, daß ich niemals mich ändern würde und auch wenn unsere Söhne mein Blut in ihren Venen tragen, werden sie sich erwaschen. Sie werden Alter bekommen. Davon hat diese Gedanke mich erschreckt. Danach dachte ich, im Ernst...bin ich Monster.

+Quote Post
EniviD EiraM
post Nov 5 2010, 09:10 AM
Post #105

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,525

QUOTE (dantelric @ Aug 31 2006, 09:58 PM) *
Filipino
English

currently learning: Spanish.

and hopefully Japanese in the future biggrin.gif

you must be a Filipino ! smile.gif

I'm still trying to understand more about Japanese language. I'm actually interested in other Asian language
except Mandarin and Cantonese (but I'm not planning to study those ... !)tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 01:51 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css