HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

35 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fma Anime Episode Content Q & A: Place To Post Unanswered Questions From Any Episode, Spoiler Warning
Rating 5 V
geeklver
post Feb 20 2005, 03:00 PM
Post #76

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,093

I was under the assumption that he somehow did know...If you look at episode 37, It seems that one of the reasons he avoids entering the Hughes' home is because he sees Winry turning away from the window.

I thought that, too. But even if he did know, did he know when he went to the Rockbells? He wasn;t very contrite.

--------------------
The life of the arts, far from being an interruption, a distraction, in the life of a nation, is close to the center of a nation's purpose -- and is a test of the quality of a nation's civilization." -- President John F. Kennedy

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Feb 22 2005, 04:06 PM
Post #77

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

This has probably been discussed elsewhere, but... anyone know what Rose decided to name her baby?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Viewtiful Alchem...
post Mar 3 2005, 03:05 AM
Post #78

Citizen

Member No.: 7,229

Last I remember, her baby was unnamed.

+Quote Post
Hilde Knight
post Mar 4 2005, 03:35 PM
Post #79

Citizen

Member No.: 6,203

Hmm, I think my question might be borderlining spoiler.

[spoiler]In the last episode Al leans down and touches Ed's face saying that he isn't dead because he can still feel Ed's body heat.

However, earlier in the series, Al mentions about how he misses being able to actually feel Ed and he misses his warmth.

So, if Al is armour and can't feel body heat, how can he say that Ed was still alive because he could feel Ed's warmth?[/spoiler]

Just a petty little thing, but it's still bugging me.

--------------------
Exceptionally bland and completely uninteresting signature here.

+Quote Post
Fullmetal Fangir...
post Mar 4 2005, 03:42 PM
Post #80

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 6,336

You're not the only one...maybe it was because he had the Stone and it allowed him to touch anf feel...?

--------------------
Currently empty because of Fullmetal Fangirls lazy-ness. She is currently in "stage" of lazy-ness.

No release date for a new signature yet. Please standby.

+Quote Post
Guest_Unequivalent Exchange_*
post Mar 5 2005, 01:22 AM
Post #81

Guests

@Hilde Knight: yes, that irked me too, but I let it slide (being anime and all)...

Personally my biggest hang-up over this series is the apparent lack of equivalent exchange....namely, what the Hell did Hoenheim (sp) give up to transmute Envy's former self? It had to have been before the Philosopher's Stone was made (due to the hand-clasping during the creation). Yet at the time of The Stone's creation he looked whole and healty.

Also, what did Dante give to (fail) transmute Greed's former self? Did she attempt this before the Philosopher's Stone was completed? If so what did she have to give up in Equivalent Exchange? Once more she was whole and healthy at The Stone's conception. If she attempted to transmute Greed's former self AFTER she had a bit of The Stone, then shouldn't it have worked?

Third, what did Scar's brother give up to (fail) transmute Lust's former self? I saw a bunch of blood, but no apparent lack of limbs.

Now, to keep things fair, I understand that Ed & Al's teacher gave up her guts and ability to produce children in her equivalent exchange, but come on, in trying to transmute their mother, those 2 boys gave up far in excess in comparison with all the others.....

+Quote Post
chaotic.calm
post Mar 5 2005, 02:04 AM
Post #82

Citizen

Member No.: 8,155

It could be because Dante and Hoenhiem can change their bodies, and so maybe they sacrifcied part of their previous bodies in those instances. Also Dante does the whole big evil monologue where she mocks the whole equivilant trade thing, and says that it doesn't exist, and is only for the foolish/weak to believe in or something, and Hoenhime also says something about their (and our) understanding and perceptions of the whole equivilent trade thing being a bit off the mark.

That could be why the whole equivilent trade thing (from our perspective) often shows discrepencies. Or else it just a easy way for the writers to deal with consistancy questions. hehe laugh.gif

Also remember that their teacher at that time had already mastered the whole transmutation with just the hands, and Scar's brother was also supposed to be very powerful, and they had both studied heaps beofre trying it (compared to the two little boys who found it in their dad's old notes). So it would make sense that they sucked at it more.

I also kinda got the impression that Scar's brother had to give up his 'life' in his village/tribe thing because after doing the alchmey that was not allowed he was made an outcast and like no one would talk to him, and he lost his identity (like scar). So maybe that was his trade?

+Quote Post
Hilde Knight
post Mar 8 2005, 02:15 PM
Post #83

Citizen

Member No.: 6,203

QUOTE(Unequivalent Exchange @ Mar 5 2005, 02:22 AM)
Personally my biggest hang-up over this series is the apparent lack of equivalent exchange....namely, what the Hell did Hoenheim (sp) give up to transmute Envy's former self? It had to have been before the Philosopher's Stone was made (due to the hand-clasping during the creation). Yet at the time of The Stone's creation he looked whole and healty.
[snapback]127056[/snapback]

I noticed that as well. As the series progressed, there seemed to be less equivalent exchange. The first episode, Al explains that he couldn't make the radio into a tree, a piece of paper, or change it's size. However, this law was ignored a lot, even in early episodes.

--------------------
Exceptionally bland and completely uninteresting signature here.

+Quote Post
Viewtiful Alchem...
post Mar 11 2005, 05:44 AM
Post #84

Citizen

Member No.: 7,229

I thought by the end of the series it was implied that the Law of Equivalent Exchange didn't exist, it's been a while since I saw the series though.

But what Scar's brother lost for his failed transmutation?..I didn't pay attention to that, haha. That's a good question. The Dante/Honeheim(sp?) thing can be coverd up by saying that switched bodies.

Hoenheim - Envy - didn't explain what he lost during the small flashbacks. Could easily be covered up with the whole "he got a new body over time" thing since that's probably the last time he tried human transmutation.

Dante - Gluttony/Pride - Ugh..I almost forgot about these two but since Greed had some ties with Dante from the old lady body she had to have a previous body or bodies when making these two. Don't think you can try human transmutation so many times with one body. Gets a new body (the one that will become old lady Dante we know) afterwards and meets human Greed, they become lovers blahblah.

Dante - Greed - Probably the last time trying human transmutation with her latest body before taking over Lyla's. The series never implied what old lady Dante lost and you're basically forced to forget about it when she takes over Lyla's body.

Eh, I'm just tossing thoughts out here. I'm surprise this didn't spark my attention as well. Pretty interesting. I just wrote off the Al "being able to feel Ed's warmth" thing since he had the PS, anything seemed possible once he used it.

+Quote Post
Yami no Renkinju...
post Mar 11 2005, 07:18 AM
Post #85

Citizen

Member No.: 9,332

QUOTE(Viewtiful Alchemist @ Mar 11 2005, 03:44 PM)
I thought by the end of the series it was implied that the Law of Equivalent Exchange didn't exist, it's been a while since I saw the series though.

Not that it entirely does not exist - only that just by paying the price you are not entitled to a reward. Sometimes you pay a lot and gain nothing. Some characters do say that they have gained something without loosing anything - but look at them. They REALLY lost nothing? Or they are just keen on living on and happy that at least they are alive somewhere.

But what Scar's brother lost for his failed transmutation?..I didn't pay attention to that, haha

Pay attention to where the blood is... I assume the implication is that he was ehm.. castrated - or at least that's what it seems to be like. Cruel, when you only tried to resurrec your significant other... In addition he also lost his mind. To say that it is a smaller payement than losing a leg (which can be replaced by your neighbour) and a body (when your life can still be saved by your now uber-alchemist brother and gain some sort of quasi-immortality in the process)... I would say not.

As for Hehnheim/Dante - Envy is a bit hard to explain - but for the rest (greed, pride and gluttony) it is quite simple.
Dante had a philosophers stone and knew how to use it. Philosophers stone acts as a "fore-payment" (now, of course, if your body *is* the philosophers stone, then loosing a stone has the same effect on you as loosing your body... but that's another question)
For envy - it is simply hard to figure out if he was created before or after the original Philosophers Stone....

+Quote Post
The Judge
post Mar 31 2005, 04:18 PM
Post #86

Citizen

Member No.: 10,766

Ok kinda completely confused. Lol.

Firstly, why the hell did Pride keep his own skull?! Why didn't he just have someone destroy it or throw it in the ocean or something? :S

Secondly, I'm not sure I totally get what went on with Dante and Hohenheim. How many bodies did they transfer their souls into? Did they use many Philosopher's stones to do this or what exactly? Did they keep making the stones themselves or.....start wars etc??? :S

Also I'm not quite sure but does Hohenheim say that you can't actually create bodies with the Philosopher's stone but only transfer souls? (subbing isn't too great) If this is so, why did he and Dante keep attempting human alchemization?

Sorry if these questions have all been asked before but I didn't come across them. Also the subbing in some of the eps I have is pretty abysmal so I apologise if it's answered in the show too :S

I humbly wait for any answers you guys may have.

+Quote Post
xyzknight
post Apr 1 2005, 01:13 AM
Post #87

Citizen

Member No.: 8,906

Umm...Who was the woman who held Wrath when he is seen running away from the gate? It couldn't be sloth,because even if she looks like that woman, it isn't her, and it couldn't be Izumi either, because she really dosen't look like that woman.

Also,how the hell did Envy get by the gate after she fought with Ed? She didn't die or even got hurt afterward and I don't think Al's transmutation (when he revived Ed) could've hurt her.

Speaking of Envy...Is she/he a boy or a girl?

+Quote Post
dchen_24
post May 16 2005, 02:14 AM
Post #88

Citizen

Member No.: 13,864

About ep 25 well hardly bcuz i mean the next episode part where it says episode 26 Her Reason and i think its ed's voice and says I never thought about it.That someone has been thinking about me like that.Who is Her Reason referring to@ @?same question with "That someone has been thinking about me like that" i'm thinking its talking about Winry but not sure so wanna comfirm it^^"

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post May 17 2005, 04:29 PM
Post #89

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 3,609

I don't get the part when the mindless Gluttony and Dante were in the elevator. Did Glottuny or Dante die? I noticed the escape door on the roof was open, so possibly Dante escaped... They didn't really answer that. Maybe Dante will be in the movie.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Edo-mame
post May 18 2005, 04:02 PM
Post #90

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,481

Why couldn't Dante perfectly transmute Greed's former self? Well first of all, I'm pretty sure she got a hold of the stone before transmuting him, hes about what 100-200 years old(not sure if it was said in the anime but hes 60 something in the manga), and Dante has started switching bodies as early as at least 400 years ago, which means she has to have had the stone before creating Homunculus. So why, why even with the stone she failed? Well perhaps she intended to create a Homunculus to do her bidding but a more certian reason is that you cannot revive the dead. Izumi-sensei explains this and later Edo comes to this conclusion, also Al used himself as the stone to help Tucker transmute Nina's soul but it failed too. No matter what you pay, you will never be able to transmute the soul once it has died and supposedly crossed the gate. So thats why human transmutation will forever be possible. But I agree, Toukakoukan does seem faulty at times.

(Oh no, while typing I just remembered that Edo, his body mind and soul have all crossed the gate... things aren't looking too good for the movie...sad.gif )

--------------------
[center]
user posted image
[/center]

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 11:15 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css