HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

35 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fma Anime Episode Content Q & A: Place To Post Unanswered Questions From Any Episode, Spoiler Warning
Rating 5 V
Fullmetal Fangir...
post Feb 4 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #61

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,336

...........so.....Riza marries Roy....................well, does it show in the end anyways.........?

--------------------
Currently empty because of Fullmetal Fangirls lazy-ness. She is currently in "stage" of lazy-ness.

No release date for a new signature yet. Please standby.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tobu Ishi
post Feb 4 2005, 11:44 PM
Post #62

Alchemists

Member No.: 6,815

QUOTE(Fullmetal Fangirl @ Feb 4 2005, 08:41 PM)
...........so.....Riza marries Roy....................well, does it show in the end anyways.........?
[snapback]106866[/snapback]

Well, they don't show anything that obvious, but they /do/ show her staying with him and peeling an apple for him while he's healing up. Roy gets all eloquent about perfection and runs his fingers through her hair, and she gets embarrassed and shoves an apple slice in his face. He nibbles it off the end of the knife. (Now /that's/ trust, being willing to eat off the tip of a knife held by someone else.) Very cute. And later they show them shopping for groceries together, still acting as gooey as anything I've seen in the show so far (mushy glances and so forth).

So I'd say, no, they're probably not married, since this show doesn't get shy about showing marriages, but...yes, progress has definitely been made.

...maybe in the movie? *hopeful*

[EDIT:] Oh, and I just remembered that she calls him by his given name for the first time when she finds him 'dead' on the front porch of the Fuhrer's house. I believe the line was, "Colonel...? Colonel?!" *drops to her knees next to him* "Roy Mustang!!" *bursts into tears*

--------------------

The Restoring Earth Alchemist
Big Sister to Chiyo, Little Sister to Tokage, Edward to WrenchFreakWinry

An Appetite For Grief Dividing the Bones Elysium FULLMETAL FOLLY
Good Neighbors Jaybird Letdown Mater Familias Mea Culpa Play With Me
Rosarium Seven Years The Shadow of Him Some Assembly Required Wired Wooden

<3 The EdWin 100 Themes <3
She remembers the way her inexplicably riveted gaze slid unbidden
down the curves of his back, slowly, like honey. And she particularly remembers
the rush of prickly heat, the unfamiliar melting sensation that made her duck
her head to hide a blush that caught her entirely by surprise; as she realized
for the first time, in an entirely new way, that Ed was a
boy.

Click here to read more...
THEY'RE STILL UPDATING! PLEASE DON'T FORGET THEM. ;_;

+Quote Post
Fullmetal Fangir...
post Feb 5 2005, 08:15 PM
Post #63

State Alchemist (Major)

wow...thank u 4 dat info, i havnt even seen the eps 39-51 YET.
lol, shoves a slice of apple in his mouth, yer id do that too...nah jk, i feel 4 them...
and thanks 4 answering dat, hopefully in the movie....

and 1 more question, is FMA the game out in australia yet and can u change the language 2 japenese with subs?

--------------------
Currently empty because of Fullmetal Fangirls lazy-ness. She is currently in "stage" of lazy-ness.

+Quote Post
thisbedavid
post Feb 6 2005, 10:12 AM
Post #64

Citizen

Member No.: 7,167

beh..double posted already on the first one haha... damn comp

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

+Quote Post
thisbedavid
post Feb 6 2005, 10:13 AM
Post #65

Citizen

Member No.: 7,167

Hi, new.. just wondering if anyone can answer these couple of questions
iuno how to put the spoiler tags haha
so ill just write this

SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVENT SEEN ENDING

Dante wasn't Lyla in episode 9 right? with Lieutenant Yoki and the mining people.
and.... if thats true, how did Dante change to Lyla if she still needed the stone. Or did she still have some of it and just wanted to make another one ahead of time?

Also if she took Lyla's body, after she got rid of the old woman one. Why does she want to change bodies already? Why Rose's body? or just cause its prettier then Lyla's? Is it cuz she wanted to be Rose so she could be with Ed, like she said?

Lust, was she sealed or killed? in my subs, they said both killed and sealed so I wasn't sure.

Last question, haha, is that baby Rose's baby? or just some adopted one.
If it's her's who the dad? o_O

added another: What connection does Roy have with Hoenheim, I never caught that in the anime =/

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

+Quote Post
Tobu Ishi
post Feb 6 2005, 07:42 PM
Post #66

Alchemists

Member No.: 6,815

QUOTE(thisbedavid @ Feb 6 2005, 09:13 AM)
Hi, new.. just wondering if anyone can answer these couple of questions
iuno how to put the spoiler tags haha
so ill just write this

Dante wasn't Lyla in episode 9 right? with Lieutenant Yoki and the mining people.
and.... if thats true, how did Dante change to Lyla if she still needed the stone. Or did she still have some of it and just wanted to make another one ahead of time?

Also if she took Lyla's body, after she got rid of the old woman one. Why does she want to change bodies already? Why Rose's body? or just cause its prettier then Lyla's? Is it cuz she wanted to be Rose so she could be with Ed, like she said?

Lust, was she sealed or killed? in my subs, they said both killed and sealed so I wasn't sure.

Last question, haha, is that baby Rose's baby? or just some adopted one.
If it's her's who the dad? o_O

added another: What connection does Roy have with Hoenheim, I never caught that in the anime =/
[snapback]107742[/snapback]

Hmm...let's see here. Spoilers.

[spoiler]1) No, Dante was not Lyla in episode 9. I'm assuming she still had a little bit of the Stone, since she seems too intelligent to wait until the Stone was completely gone before starting the search for a new one. I'm also assuming she used the last of it to become Lyla, since she does not immediately steal Rose's body when she realizes Lyla is beginning to rot.

2) Dante wants a new body because her soul has eroded over the course of many body switchings until it can no longer fully support her new bodies. In other words, she's rotting alive (as seen when Ed cuts her dress open). Yuck.

3) Lust was killed. Wrath trapped her with the Flamel array and then slit her throat.

4) The baby is Rose's, and it's strongly implied that it's the result of a rape by an unknown Amestrian solder during the rebellion in Lior, after the Elrics exposed Cornello as a fraud.

5) It seems that Roy has either heard of Hohenheim or met him at some point; when he arrives at the Rockbell household after the Elrics' failed attempt to transmute their mother, he is holding one of the letters Ed sent out to the addresses in his father's office, but the name on the front is "James" somebody or other. My personal guess is that Roy had heard of or met Hohenheim in the past, somehow intercepted this letter in which his son was asking questions about him, and showed up to see what was going on and if he could turn it to his advantage. Which he did, the manipulating spider. (Don't get me wrong, I love Roy, I'm just amazed at how tricky he can be...)[/spoiler]

--------------------

The Restoring Earth Alchemist
Big Sister to Chiyo, Little Sister to Tokage, Edward to WrenchFreakWinry

An Appetite For Grief Dividing the Bones Elysium FULLMETAL FOLLY
Good Neighbors Jaybird Letdown Mater Familias Mea Culpa Play With Me
Rosarium Seven Years The Shadow of Him Some Assembly Required Wired Wooden

<3 The EdWin 100 Themes <3
She remembers the way her inexplicably riveted gaze slid unbidden
down the curves of his back, slowly, like honey. And she particularly remembers
the rush of prickly heat, the unfamiliar melting sensation that made her duck
her head to hide a blush that caught her entirely by surprise; as she realized
for the first time, in an entirely new way, that Ed was a
boy.

Click here to read more...
THEY'RE STILL UPDATING! PLEASE DON'T FORGET THEM. ;_;

+Quote Post
Fullmetal Fangir...
post Feb 9 2005, 11:43 PM
Post #67

State Alchemist (Major)

ack! too much writing in 1 post! o_o blinded by letters!!!

can som1 pllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssse answer mi question...i really wanna KNOW!

MUST.GET.FULLMETAL.ALCHEMIST.ON.P.S.2.OR.WILL.DIE.TRYING...AND.MAKE.SURE.ITS.IN.JAP.EN.ESE.WITH.SUBS....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post Feb 10 2005, 02:28 PM
Post #68

Brigadier General

Member No.: 3,780

thisbedavid you can use Spoiler tags it's a lot easier and other people might stumble on it without knowing. XD good questions and Tobu already answered for you.

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
blueices
post Feb 18 2005, 11:04 PM
Post #69

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,610

Resurrection of thread for question purposes:

Rewatching the anime, I've come to realize that there was more random stuff going on than I thought.

1. What made Dante think that Ed had a thing for Roze? Did Roze gush about Ed all the time when she spoke with Dante or something?
2. Do you think that the way that poor baby was used did it any permanent damage? blink.gif
3. What advantage is there for a homunculus in becoming a human really?
4. What was Hohenheim doing while he was gone? Covering his rotting parts with concealer? blink.gif
5. Was Envy ever called The Ultimate Anything (mind is fuzzy)

--------------------
Prince of Shonen-ai in Training
Royal Apothecary and Court Jack-of-all-Trades
user posted image
If You are New to these Forums, (or need a good laugh) Click Here

+Quote Post
Mortari
post Feb 19 2005, 07:13 AM
Post #70

Citizen

Member No.: 4,426

1. No one knows
2. I don't think so
3. I think it was just Lust that wanted to become human. No idea why, but my guess is that the memories she had.
4. I think Hohenheim left so Trisha wouldn't watch him rot to death.
5. Never mentioned in the series.

--------------------
"Dilly-dally, shilly-shally. Isn't it time you do the forgiving?"

+Quote Post
Viewtiful Alchem...
post Feb 19 2005, 07:38 AM
Post #71

Citizen

Member No.: 7,229

1. I brought this up in my topic on this forum that can be found here:

http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com:81/foru...?showtopic=3117

And there is even more discussion of it on the later pages of this topic found in the "Character Discussion" forums: http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com:81/foru...p?showtopic=838

Posters "Gashole", "ThndrShk2k" and "Tobu Ishi" made some good points/interesting theories on both topics on why Dante would know or use Rose out of any other random girl in Lior/Rior. Even though the latter topic is mostly why Rose/Ed shouldn't be a couple, Tobu Ishi makes a good post why one would think Ed had some sort of feelings towards her.

That whole "Dante knows Rose loves Ed & Al" thing was one of the main things that irked me during the later episodes but as of late I pretty much brushed it off as a bad plot element to make Dante seem even more evil and give Rose some more time in the spotlight but the theories from the previous links are still really good. Happy reading.

2. lol, I thought about this too. Dante didn't hesitate at all to fling the baby 50 ft into the air but this is anime and the baby seem fine during final scenes so I guess no damage was done.

3. I think it was just more of thing of wanting to live a "normal life" and regain all of the memories that haunts them from the original person they were suppose to be. At least this was the case for Lust. I don't believe all Homunculi wanted to be human anyways, at least I know for sure Greed didn't, he is greedy after all and you can't have everything you want with the "limited" lifespan of a normal human.

4. *shrugs* The manga gives a better (or any) reason for what Hohenheim was doing while he was away but since the anime and manga are so different by the time Hohenheim is brought up, I guess it's still up in the air anime-wise.

5. Nope, the closest Envy ever got to a title in the series was the "Most Powerful" or something along those lines by Greed due to his insane strength (even compared to other Homunculi) combined with his, most used, ability of being to shapeshift. Tobu Ishi suggested "Ultimate Illusion" in another Homunculi topic and I think any Ultimate title along those lines makes the most sense for him since he used that ability much more than displaying his strength.

+Quote Post
geeklver
post Feb 19 2005, 04:15 PM
Post #72

Citizen

Member No.: 8,093

Question about Roy and the Rockbells...
[spoiler] I finished episode 51 last weekend. Now, I am one those people who locks onto a tiny piece of subplot, and refuses to forget it. Even upon seeing Ed activated the circles on his body (gorgeous scene, btw), in the back of mind I was thining "Does Roy know that the people he killed were Winry's parents? Could that have been a second reason he visited the Rockbell's that night? If so, why was he so freaking cocky?" Did I miss something? Does he have any clue?[/spoiler]

Queston 2: Al's re-training
[spoiler]According to episode 51, Al lost all memories after he and Ed transmuted their mother, so why does he have to retrain? He would have still have all his knowledge and talent of alchemy, and what he lost he did not learn from Izumi but from his trails with Ed. What is going to teach him that can replace that and not be an immediate repeat of what he already knows?[/spoiler]

--------------------
The life of the arts, far from being an interruption, a distraction, in the life of a nation, is close to the center of a nation's purpose -- and is a test of the quality of a nation's civilization." -- President John F. Kennedy

+Quote Post
blueices
post Feb 19 2005, 04:28 PM
Post #73

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,610

@geeklver: I was under the assumption that he somehow did know...If you look at episode 37, It seems that one of the reasons he avoids entering the Hughes' home is because he sees Winry turning away from the window.

--------------------
Prince of Shonen-ai in Training
Royal Apothecary and Court Jack-of-all-Trades
user posted image
If You are New to these Forums, (or need a good laugh) Click Here

+Quote Post
Fullmetal Fangir...
post Feb 19 2005, 08:05 PM
Post #74

State Alchemist (Major)

I wonder if anyone tries to use Human Transmutation to transmute Maes Hughes back to life in the movie...

I can't imagine Hughes being a Homunclus actually...

ALSO!
Question: What happened to Envy in the end? I didn't understand him changing forms and stuff, like how he forms into a dragon, all that did make sense, is he going to kill Ed's Father?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Me_*
post Feb 20 2005, 06:45 AM
Post #75

Guests

Ok I think that if I put this in white (I hope anyway) it will not be too easy to read, cos it is a spoiler for those who have not seen the end of the anime...

This might just be my neurotic self, but the first time Ed came to our world through the gate/door London was being bombed, correct? Now that indicates to me that if this really is our world, then it must be WWII becuase that was the only war in which London itself was bombed. Also there was reference to Churchill, but he was referred to as 'general' which makes it seem like WWI.

Then the second time (and until the movie comes and gives us some possible solutions) final time Ed crosses through the gate to our world, the little caption tells us that he and his father are in Munich in the year (either 1912 or 1921 I can't remember exactly), and his father complains of the ever increasing inflation, which would mean that he has travelled back in time, as well as dimentions and if they have both only just arrived (although unlikely) space as well. Not bad for someone who is short and missing two limbs.

Does this mean that Ed is now not only an alchemist from another dimention that can't use his powers and has cool metal limbs, but also a time traveller? I personally think that as much as it would be cool to add that, to the ever increasingly confusing plot would be cool, it is most likely a mistake, or me going crazy.
Did anyone else notice this, and if so, what did you make of it?

Sorry the yellow colour was the best that I could do, I hope that it is hard enough to read for those who shouldn't be reading it, and that those who should are able to.

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2016 - 06:10 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css