HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

35 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fma Anime Episode Content Q & A: Place To Post Unanswered Questions From Any Episode, Spoiler Warning
Rating 5 V
IttyBittyPretty
post Aug 28 2006, 07:46 PM
Post #301

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,364

QUOTE(Edamame @ Aug 24 2006, 11:15 AM) [snapback]436602[/snapback]

QUOTE(EriksShadow @ Aug 24 2006, 12:54 PM) [snapback]436572[/snapback]

Episodes 46-47 (no spoilers past that please)
So.. Izumi is telling Ed about how old his father really is... and they start talking about BC.. and Izumi mentions that it is the system of time measurement used by an ancient civilization and it's now out-of-date religion.. When my friend and I watched this last night.. we were imediatly shocked at the realization that FMA is set very much in the future.. (and of course just made it that much more interesting.. ((if that's possible!!)) ) Do they eventually give an exact time frame as to how far, exactly?

ph34r.gif

I always believed that the Hagaren world was modeled after early twentieth century Europe. The primary events in the series take place around 1912-1914. I believe that the Hagaren world's time-frame is not like ours though. Their civilisation has some remarkable technological advancements (like auto-mail) that seem out of place and therefore set it apart from our world. If you do not already know, Edward's father is roughly four hundred years old. Thus, I am asuming that the first creation of the Philosopher's stone took place more than four hundred years before the Elric brothers began their journey. I am guessing that Dante and Hoenheim created the first Philosopher's stone in the early 1500s when the plague hit their country.(During this period religion was dying out to be replaced by alchemy) I am not positive, but when Izumi refers to BC and how it was used by an ancient civilisation I believe that she is referring to the dating system that was used by the people of Xerxes. Maybe the "old religion" was a referance to the worship of Ishavara.
~I really need to see the series again

In that episode, Izumi gives Ed an old love letter from Hohenheim to Dante and says it was dated "using the birth of the Christ, an ancient religion which hasn't been practiced for centuries." It's obvious she is referring to Christianity.
Later on, when Dante takes Rose to an old church, she says the church "belonged to the old relgion". So one inference is Christianity died out in the alchemic world - the reverse of our world. Where, btw, the Christian church saw alchemy as akin to witchcraft. There are parallels to our world in Dante's recalling of the day she and Hohenheim first created a Philosopher's Stone - the plague and the witch hunts. Perhaps the latter were so cruel they turned the people of that world against Christianity.
Anyway, it's some interesting philosophic questions to chew on.

--------------------
IttyBittyPretty

My Ff.net author profile
my DA account!
My Flickr Photostream!

Tear off your own head, it's a doll revolution! - ELvis Costello
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
envy200
post Sep 5 2006, 02:49 PM
Post #302

Citizen

Member No.: 30,039

in the scene where mustang tells the military council about his suspicions on juliet dougless something obviously happens because when mustang walks out hawkeye looks at him the proceeds to wipe his face my question is there was no blood on mustangs face so what happened in that scene?

--------------------
just remember Envy>You

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Matt Perry
post Sep 5 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #303

Apprentice

Member No.: 23,608

sweating possibly?

I can't recall this off by memory.. But, well.. I'd have to see the episode again, probably sweat.

--------------------
-- Matt Perry, Roleplay Portal Moderator --
<Your sig is too big (tall) for this board. The Max sig space for our board,
including all texts and pics, is 500 pix wide x 300 pix high, which is this much space.
Please contain all your sig stuff within this size. Thank you!! >

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/mtp...66337875252.jpg
-- I'd tap it if I were Setsuna. --
-- 'Cause Konoka be looking fine. --
-- Call me a KonoSetsu shipper, no, call me a KonoSetsu addict. --

+Quote Post
Guest_Triple_Soul_Alchemist_*
post Sep 5 2006, 04:02 PM
Post #304

Guests

Well, the Furher had the window open, the sun beaming right in his (Roy's) face, so like Matt Perry said, it was more than likely sweat.

+Quote Post
Kivrin
post Sep 5 2006, 10:45 PM
Post #305

Citizen

Member No.: 40,344

He was just grilled by a military panel and went up against the Fuhrer himself! Definitely reasons to sweat!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 6 2006, 02:03 AM
Post #306

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@envy200 - I agree with everyone. Yeah, that's more likely sweat. smile.gif

QUOTE(IttyBittyPretty @ Aug 28 2006, 09:46 PM) [snapback]438280[/snapback]
...In that episode, Izumi gives Ed an old love letter from Hohenheim to Dante and says it was dated "using the birth of the Christ, an ancient religion which hasn't been practiced for centuries." It's obvious she is referring to Christianity.
Later on, when Dante takes Rose to an old church, she says the church "belonged to the old relgion". So one inference is Christianity died out in the alchemic world - the reverse of our world. Where, btw, the Christian church saw alchemy as akin to witchcraft. There are parallels to our world in Dante's recalling of the day she and Hohenheim first created a Philosopher's Stone - the plague and the witch hunts. Perhaps the latter were so cruel they turned the people of that world against Christianity.
Anyway, it's some interesting philosophic questions to chew on.
Yeah, it's certainly interesting to think what happened, (and why,) to the Christianity in the Hagaren world!! smile.gif

(ETA: Thank you, EKE-sama for merging!! happy.gif )

This post has been edited by Tombow: Oct 6 2006, 11:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
slayeralchemist
post Sep 7 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #307

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,655

See I just have one question about the 1st episode, and that is when Ed and Al are training, 1st time we ever see them training, um... there Ed kicks Al and he falls into the water, now my question is this?
How come nothing happened to Al? I thought he wasn't supposed to get in the water because his blood seal would wash off, and therefore he would die. Correct me if I'm wrong biggrin.gif

--------------------
The virtue lies in the struggle, not the prize.
Courage is fear that has said its prayers
Be realistic, aim for the impossible.
Remember to face the sun and you shall never see the shadows.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 7 2006, 10:42 PM
Post #308

Group Icon

QUOTE(slayeralchemist @ Sep 8 2006, 12:27 AM) [snapback]443296[/snapback]
See I just have one question about the 1st episode, and that is when Ed and Al are training, 1st time we ever see them training, um... there Ed kicks Al and he falls into the water, now my question is this?
How come nothing happened to Al? I thought he wasn't supposed to get in the water because his blood seal would wash off, and therefore he would die. Correct me if I'm wrong biggrin.gif
@slayeralchemist - Welcome to the board!! biggrin.gif

Others might tell you that the water was only knee deep, or some other stuff to explain this.
My thinking is... it's a plain plothole...a boo boo, that by the time they made up that "Al can't get wet" thingy, they've completely forgotton that "Ed throws Al into the river" scene. rolleyes.gif
This is't the only plothole they made, so I wouldn't be surprized if it was just a plain mistake. tongue.gif

(You can read more about plotholes on FMA anime, on our Continuity arguement thread. biggrin.gif)

ETA: I like your sig!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
slayeralchemist
post Sep 8 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #309

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,655

QUOTE(Tombow @ Sep 7 2006, 10:42 PM) [snapback]443309[/snapback]

QUOTE(slayeralchemist @ Sep 8 2006, 12:27 AM) [snapback]443296[/snapback]
@slayeralchemist - Welcome to the board!! biggrin.gif

Others might tell you that the water was only knee deep, or some other stuff to explain this.
My thinking is... it's a plain plothole...a boo boo, that by the time they made up that "Al can't get wet" thingy, they've completely forgotton that "Ed throws Al into the river" scene. rolleyes.gif
This is't the only plothole they made, so I wouldn't be surprized if it was just a plain mistake. tongue.gif

(You can read more about plotholes on FMA anime, on our Continuity arguement thread. biggrin.gif)

ETA: I like your sig!! biggrin.gif

Oh I see, thanks a lot man! (hopefully I got your gender right since I didn't see it and I'm too lazy to go back)
For the warm welcoming, the answer, the advice and everything else.

--------------------
The virtue lies in the struggle, not the prize.
Courage is fear that has said its prayers
Be realistic, aim for the impossible.
Remember to face the sun and you shall never see the shadows.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 18 2006, 02:27 AM
Post #310

Group Icon

@slayeralchemist - You're quite welcome!! biggrin.gif

Anyone have any questions on specific FMA episode contents, please post here and ask us!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
000_neji
post Sep 18 2006, 02:38 AM
Post #311

Alchemists

Member No.: 40,666

I don't remember well the last few episodes of FMA...by the way,what episode is the time when Fuhrer killed Martel,letting Al know he was the Fuhrer? And what happened to al? Did he escape??

--------------------
"I'm Hyuuga Neji and you know It...."
"I refuse to a Battle of Wits with an Unarmed person..."

Our own site...Check it out...

+Quote Post
sweety_pie
post Sep 19 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #312

Major General

Member No.: 35,070

QUOTE(000_neji @ Sep 18 2006, 04:38 AM) [snapback]447830[/snapback]

I don't remember well the last few episodes of FMA...by the way,what episode is the time when Fuhrer killed Martel,letting Al know he was the Fuhrer? And what happened to al? Did he escape??

I think that was episode 40.
Yeah, I am pretty sure he escaped, but it ha been a while since I watched it, I do not remember how he escaped.

--------------------

Thank you so much Milky for the Siggie. You are the awesomest!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 20 2006, 12:26 AM
Post #313

Group Icon

QUOTE(000_neji @ Sep 18 2006, 04:38 AM) [snapback]447830[/snapback]
@000_neji - Yap, as sweety_pie has posted, it's episode 40. And, then yeah, I thought Al might be in danger, too. But, Fuhrer didn't do anything to Al. He only killed Martel inside Al, then let Al go free, like that's the most normal thing to do. mellow.gif Anyway, good for Al!! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
BlackHayate315
post Sep 21 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #314

Citizen

Member No.: 41,229

What episode shows him eating a human? I'm making a music video and I need the clip for a paticular lyric.

Thank you!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 21 2006, 10:35 PM
Post #315

Group Icon

QUOTE(BlackHayate315 @ Sep 21 2006, 07:13 PM) [snapback]449323[/snapback]
What episode shows him eating a human?
@BlackHayate315 - Gluttony, right??
You know, come to think of it, I don't remember seeing any actual scene of Gluttony chomping on human.(Might be too violent to air?? Don't know. tongue.gif)

Maybe someone can remember it tho. Let's see if anyone does. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2016 - 07:00 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css