HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
You Are A Racist..., do you agree?
Racism
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 81
Guests cannot vote 
daggertrepe
post Aug 31 2008, 11:11 AM
Post #136

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 62,161

I'm not racist, because I do not judge a person by the color of their skin. But I have noticed that sometimes a party of a particular color can act a certain way that I do not find very appealing. But I certainly do not hate anyone from that party. And it's not all of them.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Aug 31 2008, 01:25 PM
Post #137

Alchemists

Member No.: 45,405

Nope, but in common all people have their suspicions, I honestly do not really know too many people from different cultures or heritages, but I am not a racist nor do I harbor any special hatred for any particular member of another `race`. Race... hmh, that`s an interesting word, let`s try using that word with human.... human + race... = human race.

See?

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile

+Quote Post
Forgiven
post Mar 13 2009, 06:31 PM
Post #138

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,878

I think it's very ignorant. The fact that people need to mock other people of their skin color is pathetic. And everybody thinks it's funny like, "oh, lets make fun of the black man, he won't do anything!" Stupid. Thats only going to cause more hate towards each other.

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Apr 16 2009, 09:02 PM
Post #139

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 15,086

Everyone is racist, or at least prejudice.

It`s natrual and can`t be helped. Prejudice is based of the psychological human desire for all things in their enviorment to be homeostatic. However, that`s just the affect. The behavior you engage in afterwards is the most important thing, and is decided through your cognition ("I will not regard them a certain way due to their race.", "I will regard them a certain way...", ect.) It`s natrual to be judgmental at first, even if you try not to be. It`s the action that counts the most.

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.

+Quote Post
mei_tenshi
post Apr 16 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #140

Major General

Member No.: 3,343

^ Define 'natural'? I don't think racism is natural (my definition of it) at all. I think it's a social construct. (I can expand on that later; need to get back to a paper right now. =\ )

And though I do agree that action matters, I think it's more important to not judge people based on melanin count in the first place. (But that's because I think it's not natural to be racist or prejudicial.)

--------------------

CoF #11

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Apr 16 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #141

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (mei_tenshi @ Apr 16 2009, 10:37 PM) *
^ Define 'natural'?

Oops, I should have clarified a bit more, sorry. I meant racism on its most basic nature.
The type of judging that`s like "I`m this color and he`s that color, so I won`t hire him." isn`t natrual.
I meant more "I`m this color, he`s that color, something`s different here and I don`t like it, oh no DISSONANCE." And that`s almost done on a subconcious level.

But you`re definately right about the above first example of racism being a social construct.

--------------------

Darling you can bet to see my ghost up on the wall, watching you eat. Yeah, its true, I dream about you too, grinding my mouth, losing my teeth. You are exactly what a night-mare`s for. I'll night marry you.

+Quote Post
Innocent-malice
post Apr 16 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #142

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,225

^I don't think its natural at all, children play with each other regardless of race and they are the most open. I have never, as long as I can remember thought someone to be below or even different based on skin pigmentation. At 4 years old my best friend was "Black" and I'm "White", I to this day hang out with people from all sorts of races. I judge people on how they present themselves(how they dress and act) rather than race.

--------------------
Gone. if you should want to contact me Ill be at My deviantart

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Apr 16 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #143

State Alchemist (Major)

^ Just to make things clear, I`m not condoning racism at all.

And again, the "not looking down on an individual because of color" and judging them by outside factors is your cognition. Your affect, which is what psychology tell us is the basic, natural reaction, is what tells you that person is different from you in some way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Innocent-malice
post Apr 16 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #144

Apprentice

"or even different" <--forgot to include that in your post in that exact sentence, i said I judge people on how they present themselves. and racism is thinking another race is inferior to you in any way so even if I did take notice doesn't mean Im racist. As far as personality/intellegence/etc. goes I specifically stated that I don't see them by skin, but how they act and dress, (EDIT: meaning if their shirts 10 sizes too big and their pants are around their knees, I'm going to think they are rather stupid. )

You picked out one sentence of my entire post and even left a few words out of there, congrats.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Apr 16 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #145

State Alchemist (Major)

Whoah, no need to be hostile broseph. I wasn`t attacking you, kay? I purposely left out those words for the sake of shortening the post.

i said I judge people on how they present themselves. and racism is thinking another race is inferior to you in any way so even if I did take notice doesn't mean Im racist. As far as personality/intellegence/etc. goes I specifically stated that I don't see them by skin, but how they act and dress, (EDIT: meaning if their shirts 10 sizes too big and their pants are around their knees, I'm going to think they are rather stupid. )

AGAIN, that is your cognition.
I`m arguing that the AFFECT is the natural factor of attitude, not the cognition or behavior.

Perhaps I`m just bad at explaining things. :<

Anyway, my point is that we all, at some point judge or take note to things like race, whether it be conciously or subconciously.
However, our brains should kick in and say "hey, that a dumb reason to evaluate someone."
I definately believe behaving on a judgmental impulse is wrong.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Innocent-malice
post Apr 16 2009, 11:02 PM
Post #146

Apprentice

^I think you are extremely bad at explaining things considering I had to read your post multiple times to get that far >>....and excuse me if I sound really rude, and i dont mean to go after you personally either, but I'm on major cold medicine and not very good at holding my tongue at the moment so bare with me.

And I'm argueing that it isnt race that affects it, people choose to dress and act a certain way. How is that in any resemblance to race, if I see a african american man dressed like a "gangsta" I'm going to think hes retarded, If I see a white men in exactly the same outfit, Im going to think hes retarded. I dont have a particular attitude to any race, I think they are all stupid in their own right.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Apr 16 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #147

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (Innocent-malice @ Apr 17 2009, 12:02 AM) *
^I think you are extremely bad at explaining things considering I had to read your post multiple times to get that far...

And I'm argueing that it isnt race that affects it...

Okay, now I see the problem.
Go read this explaination of the word affect, and THEN read my post.
Because I don`t think you know what it means.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Innocent-malice
post Apr 16 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #148

Apprentice

^ I am well aware of what it means, I am not stupid, I just think differently than you. I am saying I have no reaction to race.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AndroidLust
post Apr 16 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #149

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (Innocent-malice @ Apr 16 2009, 11:12 PM) *
^ I am well aware of what it means...

Then why did you use it in place of the word "effect" here?
And I'm argueing that it isnt race that affects it...

QUOTE (Innocent-malice @ Apr 16 2009, 11:12 PM) *
I am saying I have no reaction to race.

If this is true to the most basic point, than wow. You`ve eliminated your psychological desire for enviromental homeostasis. That`s quite a feat there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Innocent-malice
post Apr 16 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #150

Apprentice

^because I'm drugged on frikin god forsaken cold medicine as I have stated...I grew up from when I was just born around a bunch of different personalities and races. I think its because Ive never been in a "comfort zone" and an environment that only offered one kind of lifestyle.

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 09:59 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css