Closed TopicStart new topic
Why Must He Suffer
Queen of the dam...
post Dec 19 2004, 09:08 PM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 511

I SHALL TRAVEL TROUGH TIME AS RESCUE THESE POOR MISGUIDED SOULS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XDDDDDDDD

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ἀρχή
post Dec 19 2004, 09:11 PM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 3,228

QUOTE(Queen of the dammed @ Dec 19 2004, 11:08 PM)
I SHALL TRAVEL TROUGH TIME AS RESCUE THESE POOR MISGUIDED SOULS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XDDDDDDDD

But then who will we hate when we watch the series? We need them to be bad if not to teach us what bad does to people.

Eh.....plus I don't think you'll succeed, sorry smile.gif.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Dec 19 2004, 09:58 PM
Post #33

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 511

There's still Dante.... AND I WILL SUCCEED!!!!!!! (I like little kids... biggrin.gif They're just so cute... wub.gif)

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
ἀρχή
post Dec 20 2004, 11:50 AM
Post #34

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 3,228

QUOTE(Queen of the dammed @ Dec 19 2004, 11:58 PM)
There's still Dante.... AND I WILL SUCCEED!!!!!!! (I like little kids... biggrin.gif They're just so cute... wub.gif)

Ok, go ahead. Don't forget to bring me a souvenier from your time travel trip wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kasumi
post Dec 20 2004, 12:54 PM
Post #35

Brigadier General

Member No.: 135

Well, good luck and hope you will succeed, Queen. tongue.gif Rescue those poor misguided souls and change the anime FMA future. More importantly, make sure Archer never goes ANYWHERE near Roy when he grows up. Gotta make sure he doesn't
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Nemu
post Dec 20 2004, 01:33 PM
Post #36

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,416

I'd just like to say one thing.

what's with everyone feeling so sorry for poor Ed, when Al's gone through the same and worse? And what about the others? They so arent the only ones, you know.

Everyone suffers. It's good for the storyline. Else it would just be a comedy, and even in comedies the characters suffer - it's for the ones that are slightly sadistic. XD

+Quote Post
Bloodless
post Dec 20 2004, 02:30 PM
Post #37

Citizen

Member No.: 4,105

QUOTE(Queen of the dammed @ Dec 19 2004, 08:32 PM)
Though of course then we shouldn't hate the terrorists that much since their motives of killing people have value.....I mean they don't just kill people like Kimberly.....

That may be somewhat true, but when it comes to killing, no excuse is a justified one...

Besides, we can always hate Wrath, he's so annoying... And Tucker, too...

It's easier to indetify with Ed when he suffers, and, well, he's an animated bishounen - animated bishounen must suffer, it makes things more interesting.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_Isiserah/Iyami_*_*
post Jul 14 2005, 12:30 AM
Post #38

Guests

Why must Ed suffer the most, despite what he has been through WITH Al?! I feel...*sniffle*....so bad for him. I love to see his golden eyes gleam with determination and happiness, it makes me happy. But I hate to see his golden eyes blank with sorrow and agony, it makes me cry. He had such a dramatic childhood, him and Al, Ed still is having a dramatic life, he had no time to be a child when he made his life purpose to getting his brother's body back. He doesn't even truly care about what happens to himself, that maybe one reason why many pity him more than anyone else. He's not important to himself really. And yet, even after all that pain, all the sorrow, all the remorse, he still has the will to believe in something, be himself, and grin and smile all the way. I respect that! I would have no will to go on if something like that happened to me...

And yet....the series of unfortunate events still trail on for Edward Elric, and yeah many others.

For one thing, Ed has carried more of a burden than anyone else, and the focus is, well, more focused on him so yes he is more idenified than others. He's the main character, ya' know? The fact that his intentions are good, but something misleading still, makes him a more pitying character for me. He keeps everyone out most of all. He can be very closed-minded, hot-headed, stubborn, and not listen to anyone. He doesn't know it, but he makes everybody else suffer too.... sad.gif

+Quote Post
Longsword
post Jul 14 2005, 01:09 AM
Post #39

Apprentice

Member No.: 16,814

Ed Suffers because of the mistakes he made, and because world is not a paradise: as Roy says in the end, it is an imperfect world but that's what makes it beautiful. None of us goes through life for any length of time without suffering tremendous losses: we will see loved ones die and we will face adversity. It is our actions that determine our worth. Ed just had to face his sorrows at a very young age.

But remember; Ed finds lots of joy in his journey, too: he makes great friends and grows up tremendously: from a big-mouthed brat he goes on to be the savior of the world. He learns that for every action there is a reaction. He also learns that sometimes a man must make unplesant choices, such as becoming a servant for a brutal military dictatorship in order to attain his goals. What sort of man would he have become if he'd not gone through all those trials for the sake of his brother?

Quick comment on previous posts on Scar: I see him as our dark mirror. His character makes us ask from ourselves: If we saw our entire nation slaughtered and our way of life destroyed, would we be strong enough not to hate? Strong enough not to seek revenge? If the pitiful survivors of our people were then procecuted mercilessly like the Ishvarlans, and our religion supressed, would we still seek peace? Or would we be like Scar, and hunt down our tormentors with any and all weapons available to us?

I fear that many would be like Scar and very few would be like Ed who always finds it difficult to strike the mortal blow, even against his worst enemies.

--------------------
Link to the sound of my avatar!
The weak are killed and eaten.
IPB Image
おまえはもう死んでいる (Omae wa mou shindeiru) You are already dead

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_Isiserah/Iyami_*_*
post Jul 14 2005, 01:27 AM
Post #40

Guests

...That almost sounds like something Ed would say, cutting out the "brat" comment.

I still just feel bad for him. But you're right, he made a mistake, and he's paying for it. But....just now, I mean, what happens now to him and....I can't stand homunculus...not for what they do to him...ENVY!!! *glares at Envy tip toeing across the room*

Envy: *runs out screaming* I DID'NT DO IT!!

+Quote Post
Alchemist Adiktu...
post Aug 23 2005, 04:40 AM
Post #41

Citizen

Member No.: 18,408

QUOTE(suger_snake @ Dec 20 2004, 04:41 AM)
blink.gif  so vary sad that ed has gone throw all of the pain in his life
[snapback]60533[/snapback]

Not all the time there is happiness... Somtimes we need to have pain. dont forget that some pain someday will be happiness.

for example:
Al is return back to human body but lost memory. >>Pain

To able to return back, Ed do something else to retrieved back its memory.
When is memory back, He is glad that his bro is ok .>>Happiness

If there is a sacrifice for one thing, but their is a repayment about it.

thats the example. sometimes we need to have pain .

--------------------
user posted image

A National Medic Alchemist, Alexuna
"I am ready to help Edward at all the times until my last breathe"
-Alexuna

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 09:50 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css