Reply to this topicStart new topic
Illegal Legacy, On the streets death is an everyday commodity
The Mad Bomber
post Jan 2 2010, 02:15 PM
Post #31

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,405

Nathaniel`s remark did not go unnoticed by Blake as he glanced her way with a certain degree of interest as to her origins, if she would not speak more of her ambitions or past then he would simply have to dig them up somehow. As it was apparent that every had introduced themselves, they could get underway and secure their base of operations, for now. Blake shut the briefcase resting on the table after placing the documents within and grabbed it in his left hand. He began walking towards the exit and made waving gesture with his right hand.

"I think that`s enough, there is nothing more for us here to do, let`s get going..."

Blake said as he left through the front door and made his way to the black car waiting outside, out of caution he checked the bottom of the car and the trunk for explosives or other harmful devices. Having confirmed that the car was indeed safe, he sat in the back with the briefcase resting on his lap, but he hardly even noticed it anymore. Certain it held money and valuable information, but he was not one who craved money nor wished to pilfer through every detail.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Jan 2 2010, 02:37 PM
Post #32

Alchemists

Member No.: 47,159

Roxanne got in the driver's seat while Noah sat next to her. "Warehouse Nș82" He reminded her, she just smirked lightly as she looked at everybody from the rearview mirror "Seatbelts please...safety always comes first" She mumbled sarcastically before she started the engine "Let see what this baby can do" She said happily.

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Jan 2 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #33

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 46,559

She twitched a bit, wondering why the guy with gray hair was looking at her... well, for a moment, anyway. Could he happen to know she was actually a girl? Nah, that seemed unlikely, considering her name was... well, a boy name.

As she got to the car, Nathaniel eyed the designated driver, and smiled a bit as she boarded the vehicle. How nice to see someone who considered safety like that... she would've likely forgotten to wear the seat belt. It wasn't terribly easy or comfortable to put it on with one arm, but after 3 years of having lost it, it wasn't like she could complain.

Loss of limb aside, she had to wonder what a warehouse looked like... she'd only ever heard of them. Most of her work consisted of killing corrupt low-lives in... 'fancy' places. Nowhere terribly seedy; they were always too busy trying to keep up appearances. She considered asking, but she didn't want to seem stupid... if anything, sheltered.

--------------------
You aren't scared, are you?

+Quote Post
DNA
post Jan 2 2010, 11:04 PM
Post #34

Apprentice

Member No.: 54,482

"Excuse me...Please get off of me..." Said a voice, from the drivers seat, that Roxanne now inhabited. "...You arse is on my face..." He countied as he attempted to push the woman from off of him. The man word expensive clothing, that still had a bit of a 'homey' sense to it, and had a taned complexion about him.

"SPY! Has another person been followed?"
"Not quite...I'll explain if the woman gets off of me..." muttered the man to the crazed clown.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Jan 3 2010, 09:25 AM
Post #35

Alchemists

Suddenly an angry fist slammed against his cheek and before he could react, HE was the one out of the car "f*!@ing perv" Roxanne hissed as she pinned him down with the heel of her shoe, still sitting in the driver's sear "Who the hell are you?" She said as she raised an eyebrown.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
DNA
post Jan 3 2010, 04:57 PM
Post #36

Apprentice

"My name is Tom King, one of the several leaders of the 'Sixteen Strings', and hired by Mr. Barrows as your chaufer, marksmen, and ally...and no, I am no pervert Milady..." Said King, with both hands raised.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Jan 3 2010, 05:38 PM
Post #37

Alchemists

Roxanne just gave him a wary look before she got her heel off his chest "Fine...but I'm still driving" She said stubbornly as she sat down again and shut the door in his face, Noah just chuckled softly which only earned him a nasty death glare.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Jan 4 2010, 09:18 PM
Post #38

State Alchemist (Major)

"Ah..." she was... confused, to say the least. Very confused. But, since the events turned out to be rather amusing, she let out a small laugh. It was hard to believe that a man could blend so darn well with the furniture of a car, but she thought nothing of it. As long as he was on their side, she wasn't intent on whipping out any of her weapons... or so much as twitching, really.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Jan 11 2010, 02:25 PM
Post #39

Alchemists

The tip of a knife appeared unnervingly close to Tom King`s face as Blake reacted to his sudden appearance, he eyed the man quietly listening to the brief conversation that took place before he was able to present this shady character with his own questions. He claimed to work for Barrows, but why hide in the car like an assassin? Tough if he was an assassin set out to take care of them, already, he must have been the sloppiest one in the whole city and would not live past the day.

"Why did you hide in the car when everyone else gathered in the bar? It seems to me that you are unexpected and unpleasant appearance, thus your life may be hanging by a thread lest you wish to collaborate?"

Blake insisted whilst making a poking motion with the knife towards King`s right eye.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DNA
post Jan 11 2010, 06:28 PM
Post #40

Apprentice

"I was order to stay in the car. Thus I stayed. You should know that if you don't follow orders, your likely to be shot or hung. Either way you'll die if you don't follow them. Unfortunatly, my orders stated to stay here, and introduce myself when you came in- your lady compatriot is the reason for my silence: she sat on me, thus making it rather hard to speak up." Said Tom, as he stared at the knife intently. For a moment, his face turned stone-hard as he looked at the weapon. However, the moment he had finished the sentince, his demenor changed, to the one exhibited earlier: One of a polite, yet light-hearted manner.

"Of course if you'd rather stab me, you'd have to clean up my mess from the car, and i'd say that you'd enjoy your ride more if your face wasn't covered in my bodliy fluids." King said, chukling to himself a litte bit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Jan 12 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #41

Alchemists

The blade withdrew from threatening King`s face and disappeared into the sleeve of Blake, he simply grinned a bit at the explenation he had been given, it sufficed for him however. Barrows was a slimy guy, he had to give him that, having someone come along to keep an eye on them, no doubt. At first he had thought they would have had a bit more of a free reign to their actions, but it seemed that Barrows would not be content with anything he did not explicitly agree upon.

"He could have at least given us a heads up, it does not help us that we have allies appearing out of nowhere, under his orders or not."

Blake commented dryly and leaned back whilst staring out of the car, the streets were quiet despite the sound of gunfire out in the distance. On worst days you could not hear your own voice and the streets were literally a battlefield, you might actually slip on some blood that poured from a dead corpse out on the street as they had been abandoned or simply had gone unnoticed. It was the calm before the storm, once every got a breather and resupplied themselves with new weapons, hell would be unleashed again until someone stood supreme or until the whole city tore itself apart from within.

The police tried to desperately hold their ground against every criminal within the city, they were more of a nuisance these days and cop killings were every day life. The value of a cops life was equal to dust, albeit almost half of them were on the payroll of the mobs. Those that weren`t, the one`s that concerned themselves with justice and honesty, had a hard time avoiding bullets that had their names on them.

After 15 minutes of driving, they arrived at an abandoned warehouse in the docks. Blake gazed up at the number of the warehouse to ensure they were at the right place, 682. The outside was dirty and even the numbers were stained by some unknown substance. Blake exited the car and made his way to the side entrance, he slit the key into the lock and entered what appeared to be an office. There were a number of empty desks that had been put together as a gathering table, otherwise the room was unremarkable, a few cabinets and shelves against the walls. Blake put on the lights and placed the briefcase on the table before sitting on a chair, awaiting others to come in. He grabbed the files, concerning the smuggler and his operation, and spread them on the table.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Jan 12 2010, 08:10 PM
Post #42

Alchemists

The tricksters looked around as they walked inside "We could've saved all this "suspence" and just read the damn papers in the bar with a nice glass of whisky" Noah mumbled while chuckling softly as he sat down.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Jan 12 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #43

State Alchemist (Major)

"Dank, dark, and dreary." Nathaniel spoke softly, almost to herself, looking about the warehouse. "Why, it's just like being home again..." she sat in the chair furthest away from the table, and promptly put her feet up on said table, of course, wary not to be shoving her feet in anyone's face.

She glanced over at Noah for a moment; despite the fact that the searing alcohol was a challenge to drink, it wouldn't do very well to be inebriated while trying to figure out how to snatch the guy.

The whole whiskey deal was quickly forgotten by her, though, as she was more interested in other things. She looked over at Blake, seeming rather bored. "So, what's the plan?"

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Jan 13 2010, 11:10 AM
Post #44

Alchemists

Blake sighed and scratched his head as he hadn`t truly thought this through, but alas the files that Barrows had provided them were littered with hints as how to procceed. The info indentified a man by the name of Opher as Cromwell`s most known contact, a fact that made him certainly valuable to anyone, who wished to communicate or get a hold of Cromwell. Cromwell`s operations and their location were shady at best thus they couldn`t simply go to him, even investigating some of the warehouses that were marked on the papers to be under Cromwell`s ownership would not ensure that they could find any trace of the man himself.

The last thing they wanted to do was to frighten Cromwell, his future being uncertain as it was, otherwise he would disappear underground permanently and it would take a lot of effort to smoke him out. For what they knew Cromwell was still running business as usual, albeit with a healthy ounce of paranoia and guns protecting his hide. Thus they would have to lure him out into making a deal with them and disable all of his guards in order to capture him intact.

"According to the information we have on Cromwell... the only way we can contact him is to have him believe that we want to make a deal with him, otherwise he seems to have cut himself off from the outside world, fearing for his own life no doubt.... So I`d guess our best bet is to make contact with some of his cronies and set up a meeting, then capture him. That however is simply the whole operation summed up in a few words, we need someone persuasive to make the deal, someone who can pass themselves as a valid buyer for the goods he is offering.

Payment for the goods we have covered... as he no doubt will want to see that we are indeed attempting to make a deal. The money will work as a bait as we spring an ambush, catching this guy off-guard will be our only chance to capture him alive. So we need to split our team in two, those that masquerade making the deal and those that ambush Cromwell`s underlings."

Blake reasoned as he placed his shoes on the table and leaned back in his chair whilst inspecting a paper, that underlined Cromwells apparent contacts, in front of his eyes. He slit the paper in the middle of the table and eyed the rest of them quietly, pondering who of them might be able to pull of the charade to deceive Cromwell. The clown, despite being a crime boss came across as too unstable, he might actually prefer to be a part of them ambush. Nathaniel had no reputation whatsoever, the duo actually represented someone as did Blake himself. Not forgetting the latest addition to their team, King had said that he had belonged to some group and might also be able to pull it off. However he was not going to dictate their course of action without hearing from them.

"Any thoughts? any of you willing to make the daring attempt to fool this smuggler when he has half of the city`s mobs rattled?"

He inquired with a quirk smile on his face.

--------------------

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Jan 13 2010, 04:00 PM
Post #45

State Alchemist (Major)

The dame scratched at her own chin, pondering. She never considered herself a good actress, though, then again, she was going to 'inherit' a family anytime soon. Perhaps this could be good practice? Pretend to be an aspiring heir while the others devised a way to trap the man once and for all... but, then again, she was hardly a shadow in a world of giants. How was she supposed to pass off as a crime boss?

Of course, anyone other than herself was a much better candidate; she wouldn't say it, but she was quite the worm among them.

Well, she'd never get anywhere with that pessimistic attitude, would she?

"I'm willing to try," she said, rather casual about it. "It shouldn't be too hard, and I'm a sturdy gal. Should I get caught, which I doubt I would, I can take whatever this guy decides to throw at me..." she smiled a bit, though she didn't exactly expect anyone would bother to second that... either that, or they'd be distracted by her casual reference to being, in fact, a female.

--------------------

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 07:41 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css