HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
jacksparrow589
post Jun 8 2009, 05:48 PM
Post #15946

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Hagaren_4ever--I wanna see some Royai fanart from you! Just post it, even if it doesn't fit the theme! *is totally guilty of stretching the theme to fit her fic*

The wait for 96 is killing me, even with what I said earlier. I just have to know what's happening!

Also, due to my somewhat-recent computer virus freakout, I have to wait until Funimation uploads episode 10 so that I can see it. I want my "rain" scene! It looked pretty great in the preview!

And with the current pace, it looks like we'll have Barry accosting Riza pretty soon (i.e. within a couple months), which means Roy vs. Lust is even closer, so all that awesome Royai stuff is gonna happen in a relatively short time, and... and... *passes out from excitement*

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hakoyanagi
post Jun 8 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #15947

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,569

Seriously? The anime's at that point already? SW33T. I haven't had a computer for almost 2 months; I'm currently on episode 4. sad.gif

It said on that one thread that 96 is going to be Hohenheim vs. Father, or something like that. Not that I don't want to see that too, but ROYAI = BETTER.

*grr*

EDIT: (Speaking of the new anime, does anyone else besides me think that Riza looks just plain CREEPY in it? I love her to death, but her eyes and mouth have become HUGE, and her jaw looks manlike. What the heck happened?)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 8 2009, 06:15 PM
Post #15948

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

Yeah, I'm a pretty good artist, but I don't do any of the fancy Photoshop stuff, (primarily because I don't have Photoshop) I'm just a pencil and paper girl. <:) Well, I better go get started! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jun 8 2009, 06:21 PM
Post #15949

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Jun 8 2009, 09:15 PM) *
Yeah, I'm a pretty good artist, but I don't do any of the fancy Photoshop stuff, (primarily because I don't have Photoshop) I'm just a pencil and paper girl. <:) Well, I better go get started! biggrin.gif

Only getting started now? Go go!! I want to see some awesome fanart!! ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jun 8 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #15950

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

QUOTE (Hakoyanagi @ Jun 8 2009, 08:58 PM) *
EDIT: (Speaking of the new anime, does anyone else besides me think that Riza looks just plain CREEPY in it? I love her to death, but her eyes and mouth have become HUGE, and her jaw looks manlike. What the heck happened?)

Maybe not necessarily "creepy," but Riza does look a little "off" in the new anime. I don't like her bangs as much, I think the the first anime drew her hair better. And her eyes are HUGE, like O.O They could at least make it look more realistic...

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jun 8 2009, 07:31 PM
Post #15951

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Jun 8 2009, 10:26 PM) *

Maybe not necessarily "creepy," but Riza does look a little "off" in the new anime. I don't like her bangs as much, I think the the first anime drew her hair better. And her eyes are HUGE, like O.O They could at least make it look more realistic...

Haha my thoughts exactly! Her eyes just seem way too big! And her face is very round.. more-so than it should be. Roy also took some time to get used to, but I'm okay with his appearance now. Riza still miffs me a bit. Maybe she'll change in time... the animators always develop their style throughout a series, so the characters end up looking slightly different than they had originally.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hakoyanagi
post Jun 8 2009, 07:42 PM
Post #15952

Citizen

QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Jun 8 2009, 10:31 PM) *
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Jun 8 2009, 10:26 PM) *

Haha my thoughts exactly! Her eyes just seem way too big! And her face is very round.. more-so than it should be. Roy also took some time to get used to, but I'm okay with his appearance now. Riza still miffs me a bit. Maybe she'll change in time... the animators always develop their style throughout a series, so the characters end up looking slightly different than they had originally.

Everything about her is just plain off. I actually have more of a problem with her manlike face shape than the eyes. Not that I'm saying that those eyes aren't going to haunt me in my sleep, though. Because they are. *twitch*

Yeah, I'm sticking with 'creepy.'

--------------------

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Jun 8 2009, 07:42 PM
Post #15953

Member No.: 52,558

AHH Royai Day is almost here! And our celebration is almost closer! I feel bad that I am not contributing anything, but if I think of anything last minute I will add it.

Ch 96 wait is killing me too. I want Roy and Riza to appear in the chapter, but I don't want to get my hopes up, just in case I am disappointed. I do believe that the chapter won't focus soley on them. But I can hope for a page, or a panel at least. I feel like we had a we went without any Royai for like a year, and now we are seeing them again, so I don't want them taken away.

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Jun 8 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #15954

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 8 2009, 08:59 AM) *
Well, the Festival kicks off tomorrow and I can't wait to 'formally' see what you guys have done - I know some of you have already linked your stuff, but I wanted to not look at anything until Festival time.

Have fun everyone!

I've been waiting to read the post fics, too.

Well, since it's more than officially the 9th in most other timezones, Happy RoyAi Festival! *throws streamers & confetti*

Catch of the Day - Rebecca gets a little bit more than she bargained for at her friends' wedding. Prompts: Surprise Attack, New Beginnings, & Superstition. RoyAi & RebeccaxHavoc

As for Riza's look in the new anime, I do agree her eyes look too big at times, but it doesn't bother me too much.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Jun 8 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #15955

Member No.: 52,558

Rereading my post and it came out weird.

EDIT: I don't want Arakawa to have Roy and Riza come in, and then sort of drift away from them for a while. But Ed was with them, so maybe we will see all of them this chapter.

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 8 2009, 07:47 PM
Post #15956

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

My 2 bits on Riza:

Since she's not the main focus, I think they can get away with not copying her design exactly, but she does look disproportionate in some scenes. (From what I've seen, the eyes on most of the characters who don't appear regularly look larger than normal) I really hope that as she appears more, she'll look a bit better, but I can live with what we've currently got. What hand-made-city said about this is something I hope to be true. So far, she hasn't had many scenes, but as time progresses, she becomes more important, so (in theory) more attention will be paid to making her look "right".

EDIT: Ah, and happy start to the Royai Day Festival! (Not quite yet in my timezone, but hey, why not? Causmicfire did it!)

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jun 8 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #15957

Member No.: 68,640

*Joins Causmicfire in throwing confetti*

Even though the festival doesn't start for me until another hour or so, HAPPY ROYAI FESTIVAL EVERYONE!!! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Just read the first fanfic! It was really cute Causmicfire! happy.gif

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
crazyanimefan
post Jun 8 2009, 08:26 PM
Post #15958

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,696

@causmic: RebeccaxHavoc!!! Yes, my OTP. XD Awesome fic. It's fluff-tastic.

I'm currently working on my second Royai Day fic, and hopefully it's finished by tomorrow. happy.gif I really want to write one for each day of our celebration. I need to dust off some of these plot bunnies. Repost of my first Royai day fic Bad Day since I've finished my last minute edits and since causmic has already started posting Royai goodness.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hakoyanagi
post Jun 8 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #15959

Citizen

Yeah, you guys are right about that. I keep forgetting that, at the beginning of the series, Riza is still a very minor character to a lot of people. I guess when she's your favorite character, you expect to see everything perfect from the start. (does any of that make sense?)

But anyways... HAPPY BEGINNING OF ROYAI FESTIVAL!!!

And nice fic, Causmicfire! I do love that RebeccaxHavoc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Jun 8 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #15960

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

Ha! I was wondering if anyone else was miffed about how Riza looks in the new anime.... I agree that she looks strange. Seriously, her eyes take up a third of her face. I think that as the series progresses and as she becomes a more pivotal character, they'll spruce her up a bit.... Or at least I hope so....

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 04:27 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css