HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Those Who Have Seen The Movie, Rate It!, Might as well...
If you have seen it, how do you rate the FMA movie?
If you have seen it, how do you rate the FMA movie?
Good [ 124 ] ** [47.69%]
OK [ 74 ] ** [28.46%]
Bad :( [ 44 ] ** [16.92%]
Confusing, just like the TV ending! [ 18 ] ** [6.92%]
Total Votes: 319

Forsaken Love
post Jul 11 2009, 08:26 AM
Post #226

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,408

I vote bad XD lulz i actually hated it, i won't rant but yeah growl, and i can't get over the fact that they got the timing for WW2 wrong, Ed would be 40 by the time it even started

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nytengale
post Jul 11 2009, 08:29 AM
Post #227

Citizen

Member No.: 69,719

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Jul 11 2009, 10:26 AM) *
I vote bad XD lulz i actually hated it, i won't rant but yeah growl, and i can't get over the fact that they got the timing for WW2 wrong, Ed would be 40 by the time it even started

Ed went through the gate at the end before the war or at the very start of it, so he only aged a few years from the end of the series to the movie.

--------------------
Evny♥ (my husband ^_^)

Envy can only be with myself or Ed, otherwise, I will put you in my Yaoi Note!
The 7 Blue Yaoi Cats of Wall Club OneShots written by myself and the other club members and featuring anime characters from FMA/Naruto/Soul Eater/and many more!
"It's not over until Epic Fail...have you guys won The Game yet?" -Uncle Yo

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jul 11 2009, 08:31 AM
Post #228

State Alchemist (Major)

eh? i don't get it thats confusing XD well im assuming the gate time warps or something since in amestrias years ed is 18 in 1917 and WW2 don't start till 1939, whatever the reason for the time gap, it was very unobvious

--------------------

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Jul 11 2009, 05:14 PM
Post #229

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Jul 11 2009, 08:31 AM) *
eh? i don't get it thats confusing XD well im assuming the gate time warps or something since in amestrias years ed is 18 in 1917 and WW2 don't start till 1939, whatever the reason for the time gap, it was very unobvious
In the last episode 51, it was revealed that Edward went to the real world in 1921.

Two years pass.

The movie begins in November 1923. In that month, Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party tried to take over Germany with the Bavarian Putsch. It failed, with Hitler getting arrested. That's what you saw.
What you don't see is what happens after the movie ends: Hitler was in jail for a year, then was released. He reorganized the Nazi Party and rather than take power by force again, he gained power the democratic way in 1933.

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jul 12 2009, 09:09 AM
Post #230

State Alchemist (Major)

lol well in that case the gate still time warps just not as much XD and I certainly didn't pick that up when watching it, I don't know much about WW2 and stuff at all XD you like history? And that aside I still just dislike EVERYTHING about that movie, *don't shoot me its only my opinion >_<* lulz but i guess I should be a LITTLE thankful because if i was satisfied with that ending i might not have read the manga oh noes >_< i would cry lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mhacy
post Jul 12 2009, 11:51 PM
Post #231

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,452

I vote for confusing.
Is that the real ending on the first series?
I mean I want Ed and Al get the hell out of that world and go back to amestris.
i want to see the conclusion between ed and winry same with roy and riza.
there's a lot of things left behind.
I really want to continue that journey even if they didnt follow the manga.
I mean it's a good story also. I want another movie or another season maybe..

--------------------

Just say...." I DO....."

+Quote Post
Red Shrimp
post Jul 13 2009, 02:45 AM
Post #232

Citizen

Member No.: 70,065

It was the final chapter for FMA03 but it felt so incomplete.

I just felt that way ^^;

--------------------
I'm not small! I just live in a big world goddammit!

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jul 23 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #233

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

I actually like the first series ending. I think it was a pretty cool idea, the two worlds being connected and the one allowing the other to exist. And that the force needed to use alchemy in Amestris comes from the lives/souls of the people in the other world. That's something yet to be explained in the manga, where alchemy actually draws it's power from. What I don't like is all the fillers in between the good start and good ending, such as Sloth and Wrath, and the weird things that goes on in some of the episodes that just doesn't really feel FMA at all.

Anyway, after such a nice ending to a great series, too bad the movie sucked. The ending of the very last episode is dramatic, sad, and yet a little hopeful. Then they ruin it by producing a crappy, and unnecesary cash-cow movie for a sequel. I mean, it really is bad. IMO. First time I watched it I liked it, that was when I had seen zero episodes of the actual series. The second time I watched it, after finishing watching the anime, my expectations were pretty high, remembering how good I once thought it was.

And I felt stupid for actually liking it in the first place =/

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jul 23 2009, 08:27 AM
Post #234

State Alchemist (Major)

the manga has said where the power comes from

--------------------

+Quote Post
Broken Chouchou
post Jul 23 2009, 08:32 AM
Post #235

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 55,758

Wuut? o_O When? Where? How? If this is true I'm sure to feel stupid x.x

EDIT: Realized/remembered that Amestris' alchemy draws its power from the force generated by the movement of the tectonic plates, or something like that. Still, it hasn't been explained on a very technical level, right? It's still sorta like "How can alchemy work" and someone would shrug and respond "magic?". It' still rather fuzzy IMO.

Or, is it anything else that I've missed/forgot for some weird, unclear reason? x(

--------------------

Sig and ava by Forsaken Love :3

Bye bye, Edward Elric :(

+Quote Post
Reine
post Sep 1 2009, 12:25 AM
Post #236

Citizen

Member No.: 70,860

I never watched the first anime, so a lot of things didn't make sense to me, however, I thought the movie was okay. Not very memorable, but it's a good show to watch. Not exactly the best story-wise, as it had a lot of ignored potential as well as holes deep enough for Gluttony to fall through. I feel that Noah and Heiderich were wasted potential, as they were always there, but somehow I feel their development was discarded. I didn't even know Echkart was that woman until I watched it a second time. Though, I think this is partially due to the fact that they had to omit a lot of scenes from 100 pages of script (which is around 3 hours) just to make it fit.

I do, however, love the animation and the music. There were also some scenes that were very touching, and I enjoyed watching them battle. Long story short, the show was okay, but it could have been way, way better.

+Quote Post
Fotia
post Sep 10 2009, 04:29 PM
Post #237

Citizen

Member No.: 70,586

Just for the record, this is my FMA history.

FMA Brotherhood [1 to 5] --> FMA Manga --> FMA First anime (skipped directly to 15)--> FMA Movie --> Continuing the manga/Brotherhood

I didn't like the FMA Movie. It got boring and I stopped it after 15 minutes. The manga appealed to me more.

--------------------
[ ]

+Quote Post
Claudius
post Sep 11 2009, 09:20 AM
Post #238

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,805

QUOTE (Fotia @ Sep 10 2009, 04:29 PM) *
I didn't like the FMA Movie. It got boring and I stopped it after 15 minutes. The manga appealed to me more.
15 minutes?! That's like when Hughes makes his appearance, or when Edward gets examined. You've pretty much missed the film and its good parts.
I should know about the time, because I once wrote the plot summaries to publish on Google. They were in four parts, so I separated them by about twenty or so minutes of the film:

Part 1 ended with Ed spotting Fritz Lang.
Part 2 ended with Al breaking into tears.
Part 3 ended with Edward rocketing into the Gate.

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Sep 12 2009, 04:36 PM
Post #239

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

I liked the way it looked and sounded (animation and music). But otherwise, I wasn't too fond of it.

Reasons why:

1) Ed was basically paired with Noah and Hei, and even Roy a little, which made it seem like the romance/pairing side of the movie was all fanservice to make everyone happy. There was examples of:

a)WinryxEd - they hugged and he blushed
b)AlxEd (brotherly or romantic) - hugging and crying and etc.
c)EdxNoah - his interest in her, her returned interest in him, wanting to go with him to the Amestrian world
d)HeixEd - apparently in some official book it is said he had confusing feelings toward him, was all yaoi-ish towards the end when he died
e)RoyxEd - ditched EVERYBODY to help Ed [and Al].
f)RoyxRiza - looked at each other fondly, she ran after him when he flew up

2) Roy. I hated him in this movie. He was so...out there in terms of his priorities and feelings. At the end of the anime, he basically outright said he had feelings for Riza and was all upbeat and healing from his injuries, then went all emo for a year NOT out of isolation from Riza and the military like its suggested by Havoc, but because of ED. I was just like, srsly? EDIT: I'm not saying this because I support Royai (RoyxRiza). I said it because of exactly what I wrote.

3) Hughes. D: I read that whole thread about him, and the analyzing and such, but I will simply say that I strongly disliked his strange, cold behavior, no matter the meaning or reason behind it.

Sorry for the ranting and such. I am not trying to beat down on other people's pairings or opinions, and am not looking for a fight, but this is honestly what I felt after watching the film.

Rating: 4.5/10

Animation: 1.5/2
Music: 1.5/2
Plot: 1/2
Characters: .5/2
Ending: 0/2

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Sep 13 2009, 03:37 AM
Post #240

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

I just have to say - I saw the movie once, about a year ago. Liked the beginning (Ed's dream about him being back in Amestris with Al), liked the idea that our world is like a nightmare to him, having to meet with people who are familiar yet not "themselves"

I liked the jewish director, he was the only chracter I truly loved.

Loved the moment Ed realizes the "magic" circle he discovered is alchemical and the awe he's in for it.

But otherwise... what was THAT supposed to mean?

I got feeling that the movie didn't bring anything new (except the surprising fact that Ed and Al didn't end up in their home). All the emotions I saw were like repeating anime. Al trying to revive somebody on a whim (don't remember who it was, sorry)... this was already delt with in the anime, though Ed was the one who went through the emotion of seeing people killed or killing them himself.

Noah's acting is sooo illogical. First she betrays Ed and then she's desperate he didn't take her to the other world even when she was all traitory to him just a few moments ago.

Heidrich's death reminded me of something from anime but can't remember what BUT I didn't feel a thing for him, not even a hint of sadness. (probably my problem, not the film's I guess)

Wrath's death seemed pointless. He gained a human life in the anime and now he's dying just to make the viewers all teary and there's no way the crators could kill any of main characters...

Mustang... yeah, DistantBlue, I agree with you. Ending of the anime showed him happy and at peace with himself and WALKING which means some time has gone by and he completely HAD TO know of Ed's disappearence at that point of time. Didn't seem to bother him the least.
OK, I can understand he threw off his previous ranking and just did his duty to guard his land, I can understand he decided not to use fire alchemy. But if he decided to be there, why is he so depressed about it? Not like him at all. One would assume everything bad's over for him so he should be happy.

Hohenheim. Why could I be devastated that he's bitten in half considered how he acted in anime? I hated this guy's guts in the anime1 (love him in manga-rality). He proclaims he wants to die in the body he met Trisha with and that he understands the simple joys of life, yet he endangers the world again by trying to go back to Amestris (to be able to work with alchemy again?) and opening the gate between the worlds.

Sorry, if this sounds too angry but I WAS angry after I finished watching. I deleted the film from my computer and advise anybody who asks me never to watch the movie. Sorry again to the people who enjoyed it.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 01:33 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css