HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 53 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Sensenic
post Nov 6 2005, 11:34 AM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,694

First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 53 here. smile.gif

For info about the "Reading Reference", go to page 16.

==================

Haven't done one of these for a while and thought I'd start this one...

So... Six days left for chapter 53 and counting and the questions be...

1.- What will Roy do now that he's a prisoner, knows all the truth and therefore may not freely go?

2.- What will happen to Riza as the Fuhrer's maid secretary? (and working next to Pride? Saa...) Will (Or rather, how will) King Bradley use her to make Roy open the doors?

3.- How will Ed's group get out of Gluttony's Fake Gates?

4.- Will Al meet Daddy? Will Scar meet Al? Will Mei Chan get Xiao Mei back? Will they all be pwned by Father?

5.- Will some hommunculus die? Gluttony? Envy?... Sloth? o_O

6.- Will Pride come out? Will he be Scorch? Will he be the train man? Whoever else?

7.- Where's Hoho?

8.- Will I come up with another stupid sounding and obvious question?

Discuss!

<Last edited by Michiyo- on June 5, 2011>

--------------------
貧乳神・・・
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Automne
post Nov 6 2005, 12:06 PM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 13,171

AH! I knew you were the one who'd start the chap. 53 thread! happy.gif

And now with the stupid and useless answers! XD

QUOTE(Sensenic Posted Today @ 11:34 AM)
1.- What will Roy do now that he's a prisoner, knows all the truth and therefore may not freely go?

Die so I'll be happy I have no idea...Maybe Riza and the others will try helping him...They'll certainly learn about his situation soon. Mustang is a precious sacrifice so Wrath can't harm him...right? :hopes he'll eventually get hurt: I only payed attention to the Ling/Envy/Ed fight so I don't remember correctly.

3.- How will Ed's group get out of Gluttony's Fake Gates?

But first, will Envy accept Ed's proposition? Ed saw where Envy's incomplete stone was located, right?

So, does the little guy have other plans for Envy??? Maybe he'll try killing him when they'll be out of Gluttony but like I said in another thread, Ed is stupid doesn't want to kill him/her because of the people on his/her body, right? :doesn't remember: Or maybe Ling and Ed will capture him/her to learn about the secret of immortality (Well, Ling wants to)? So much questions without answers! T__T :just hopes they keep Envy alive:

4.- Will Al meet Daddy? Will Scar meet Al? Will Mei Chan get Xiao Mei back? Will they all be pwned by Father?

Certainly, certainly, and certainly XD For the last question, I don't know! Will he ever attack them? Who is really Father? Some evil twin of Hoho? O_o

5.- Will some hommunculus die? Gluttony? Envy?... Sloth? o_O

Hum, where is located Sloth exactly? XD He's drawing the array to use the PH, right? Maybe he's not far from Al and co.? OMG! I want to see what he looks like so much! >_< (Wants the book in Figure Black very badly) Hum, I say Gluttony will die because Father will get very mad at him because of what he did!

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
nakagos bunny
post Nov 6 2005, 12:20 PM
Post #3

Apprentice

Member No.: 21,941

I think Envy will take Ed's proposition, to get him out of this situation. He'll do anything to stay alive.

If anyone dies, it would be Gluttony. Probably not much more to do with him, and he is not as popular as Envy. I kinda think Gluttony will not be killed by Father, but somehow die on his own.

As I've said in other threads, I think Envy will stick around to the end of the story. Because he's quite popular, the author will continue to use him. The only humunculus so far that she's killed off have been the less popular ones like Greed and Lust (why they're not as popular, I'll never know, but to each his/her own.XD). Envy was #5 in the manga popularity contest thing in Japan, so, yeah, he'll be around for a long while.

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Nov 6 2005, 01:09 PM
Post #4

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Nov 6 2005, 11:06 AM) [snapback]309916[/snapback]
Die so I'll be happy Mustang is a precious sacrifice so Wrath can't harm him...right?

I think Wrath only needs Roy to be alive for the procedure, so he may come to harm if he tries to escape. Wrath just may have to "Pin him down."

And I do hope Pride will reveal himself soon.

Also, because Volume 5 has 5 chapters (Anyone know why?), that means that this chapter will be the last one in Volume 13. Wonder what the cover and spine will be...

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
The Great Aspara...
post Nov 6 2005, 01:37 PM
Post #5

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,454

wheeeeeeee i'm really too dense to think into this too much... so i shall simply say...

I CAN'T WAIT!! WHEEEEE!!!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
kaizenyorii
post Nov 6 2005, 04:35 PM
Post #6

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,850

Falman might have a more prominent role in the future mangas, becuase Envy told Marcoh that the North is next on their annihilation list, and Falman was transferred to Northern Headquarters in issue 52

--------------------

please dont steal my $hit// obey the Crouch

+Quote Post
lialiakicks
post Nov 6 2005, 06:00 PM
Post #7

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 228

Wow... Chapter 53 snuck up on me... Can't wait to read it! XD

Uh... I just wanna know Al's reaction when he sees Daddy. XD But I doubt Al remembers what his father looks like, so he might not notice the resemblence...? O_o

As for Falman probably having a bigger role.... Uh, this is probably a bad thing. Everyone in Roy's unit/temporarily work for Roy that gets a bigger role gets screwed in some shape or form. Havoc was screwed. Ross was screwed. Riza was screwed (but lucky cuz Al and Roy were there). Fuery was screwed (yet lucky cuz Riza and others were there). Yeah... And now, poor Falman. Oh boy. It's bad enough he had to house Barry, now this? ;___;

--------------------
[DECEMBER 2006 UPDATE!!!]

Elvish Vamp's Hagaren Manga Music Video can be found HERE!!!Please leave comments and suggestions in her "Manga AMV" forum!

Sky_Dark made the avatar. Worship Sky-sama's awesomeness! XD

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Nov 6 2005, 06:59 PM
Post #8

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

OMG!! I didn't know it was so soon!! YIPPY!....I hope it's translated pretty quickly, I can't wait to read it. I want to know what happens....

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
GaluxKitty
post Nov 6 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #9

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,308

I'm still chapter-angsting from Chapter 52. If anything happens to Mustang, Hawkeye, Farman, Breda or Fuery I'll cry. And then get back to chapter-angsting.

I reckon they're going to make threats on Riza's life, and try to get Roy to bring back Hughes, actually. And I highly doubt that even if they killed her, he'd actually doubt he'd have the balls to go through with human transmutation. XD;; He knows what it does to a person, and he'd know that Hawkeye wouldn't want him to do it. I think Armstrong's going to try and help Roy and his lot as much as he can.

Oh, and I DEMAND ARMSTRONG'S SISTER APPEARS. That is gonna be funny.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MasterKris
post Nov 6 2005, 09:43 PM
Post #10

Brigadier General

Member No.: 8,833

6.- Will Pride come out? Will he be Scorch? Will he be the train man? Whoever else?

laugh.gif

I can answer ALL THE QUESTIONS WITH THE TRUE, DEFINITE ANSWERS~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Answer - Read chap 53...

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Nov 6 2005, 10:38 PM
Post #11

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

QUOTE(MasterKris @ Nov 6 2005, 11:43 PM) [snapback]310295[/snapback]

laugh.gif

I can answer ALL THE QUESTIONS WITH THE TRUE, DEFINITE ANSWERS~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Answer - Read chap 53...

OOOOH! Suuure! Torture us some more! tongue.gif

I just hope some significant things happen. I hate filler chapters.

I think Gluttony will be the next to go. He seems to have developed a conscience (somewhat).
Envy is too important a character to go now. Maybe he is just messing with them. Who know's we'll just have to wait and see. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Neko_Nayru
post Nov 7 2005, 03:45 AM
Post #12

Citizen

Member No.: 15,505

I hope the chapter comes out a few days sooner like that last chapter.
I hope something exiting happens,like we see who pride, father or sloth is.
and I REALLY hope we see armstrong's sister...how many sisters dose he have anyway? wasn't it 3?
anyway...I just can't wait for it to come out!!! *bounces off walls*

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Nov 7 2005, 04:53 AM
Post #13

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

hmm... maybe Al will get eaten too, then in Gluttony's stomach, the brothers reunite and somehow, Ed manages to transmute Al back to human using Envy/TEH stone as ingredient... and after that, they will.... ok, I will shut up now before I say something PG-13 rated. *floats away*

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Antimony
post Nov 7 2005, 01:54 PM
Post #14

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,225

I'm curious if Mei and Scar will meet up with Al and Gluttony soon, and what will happen if they do. I'm betting Xiao Mei (the little panda) will feel torn between staying with Al or going back with Mei Chan! That could cause problems! happy.gif

Envy probably will team up with Ed and Ling just for a chance of escaping. The result may be Gluttony's death, whether by Ed's hands or Father's. And if Father really is Hohenheim would Al recognize him? He may have been a baby when he left but Trisha must have had pictures of him, right?

Whatever happens with Roy and his gang won't be good. They are totally at Wrath's mercy now, and he doesn't have much. I worry for them ...

--------------------
IPB Image

I've got a deviantART gallery! --> http://nanashi.deviantart.com/
I've got a fan art thread! --> http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=7090

+Quote Post
carla
post Nov 7 2005, 03:45 PM
Post #15

Citizen

From: tallahassee, FL (but i'm actually from panama city, panama)
Member No.: 17,654

of course, and i've been saying this since something like three chapters ago? i think gluttony is going to die. if father doesn't kill him, ed & co. will when coming out of his stomach. but i wouldn't put so much faith in envy's popularity-- hughes was pretty popular himself and you know how that went. i'm still crying about that! sad.gif

as for hoho-papa, i sure hope they find him once and for all. al definitely needs to see his daddy soon tongue.gif

waaaaahhhh, i hope wrath doesn't harm roy's posse. do whatever you want with roy & riza (who knows, might draw them even closer biggrin.gif ) but don't mess with the posse! i love those guys too much... *hugs fury, breda, falman & havoc even though he's not there anymore...*

hey, anyone remember pride? what was the left we heard of him (/her)? i really wanted to see that heading somewhere! and now arakawa-sensei left me hanging... again...

but let us not be distracted from the true main point of the upcoming chapters-- who will xiao-mei (the panda) choose: mei-chan, or (*GASP!*) al? omg the drama laugh.gif

--------------------
carla
kyoudai.net | lj.com/~girls_are_weird | my hagaren icons (3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

moving forward: AU, chaptered, high-school themed, but not your usual sweet-valley high school fanfic. edward elric has to become the best track runner there is, for his mother, for his brother, and for everyone else in his life. but will triumph come at a high cost?

what hagaren is all about: "YAY! UNETHICAL EXPERIMENTS ON HUMANS!" ~chapter 53 omake.
"my pawn, my knight, my rook, my bishop... and my queen were taken away. but... there's still time... for a checkmate." ~col. roy mustang, chapter 62.

TEH SHINIES! (aka things i luv in FMA):

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
(translates to: edowin, human!aru, edo+win+aru friendship, royai & hughes-sama! ^.^)

+Quote Post

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 08:24 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css