HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA Manga Question Thread!, Post your questions for FMA manga here!! (Spoiler Alert!)
Archangel-Unmei
post Jun 28 2006, 09:44 PM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,883

dry.gif Good point. I guess I'd never really quite thought about it like that before.

--------------------
IPB Image
"I developed a theory of human transmutation once before... I was trying to remember it, just now." ~Roy Mustang
Official Maes Hughes Fangirl! Because he needs love too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sweety_pie
post Jun 28 2006, 09:44 PM
Post #32

Major General

Member No.: 35,070

Well, I geuss it was just bad luck for Ed, and Al that they lost their bodies.

And Tucker doing human alchemy, he lost his family, his saneness, and..well.. for the records his life.
When he did human alchemy he was sopposable exacuted so he could no longer have friends, or family he had left cause everyone thought he was dead.He had nothing but his clones, after doing human alchemy, so I think he did lose alot.

--------------------

Thank you so much Milky for the Siggie. You are the awesomest!

+Quote Post
Archangel-Unmei
post Jun 28 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #33

Citizen

That's true too. Guess I just wasn't thinking broad enough. Thanks!

--------------------
IPB Image
"I developed a theory of human transmutation once before... I was trying to remember it, just now." ~Roy Mustang

+Quote Post
sweety_pie
post Jun 28 2006, 09:54 PM
Post #34

Major General

Your'e welcome. smile.gif Do you have any other questions, you can ask me about the anime?

(Hey, I'm a Maes fangirl too.He's the best.I cried, alot while watching ep. 25.But I don't know what chap. it was in the manga)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Archangel-Unmei
post Jun 28 2006, 09:57 PM
Post #35

Citizen

I think I'm good for now! I'm attempting to write a fanfic set somewhere between the Nina incident and the manga 'episode 25', so I'm just trying to get it all untangled.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
sweety_pie
post Jun 28 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #36

Major General

Ok.
You should post your fan-fic when you finish it.I'm looking forword to read it I geuss.
If you do post it will you tell me?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wyrd_Raven
post Jun 29 2006, 03:48 PM
Post #37

Alchemists

Member No.: 24,884

Another thing to consider is that Alchemy for medical purposes is also OK to perform on humans. It won't help massive recovery unless you have a PS but it can be used in other cases.

--------------------
Tell me your wish. I will grant any wish. Just compensate me with one thing...

+Quote Post
simargl
post Jun 29 2006, 03:58 PM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 34,710

The kind of human alchemy that Ed and Al did involved trying to insert the soul of a dead person into a new body. Basically, trying to raise the dead. Since humans are not Gods, they cannot retrieve souls, and shouldn't even try. That's why they paid the price.

Tucker's work involved fusing two living souls together. Since he already had all the materials he needed, he didn't need to open any door/gate.

I think Tucker got in trouble not because of what he did, but because he lied about it. The military were under the impression that he'd made a talking chimera with his awesome alchemy skills. The way he did it was just cheating and scaming the state, really.

+Quote Post
blubbernuggetalc...
post Jul 7 2006, 06:38 PM
Post #39

Citizen

Member No.: 37,991

Actually, i think i can answer that perfectly. Did you remeber the -
[spoiler]
monsters that he had in cages? i think he used them as sacrifices instead of using them for the actual
Chimera. ed and Al didnt have any thing to use as a sacrifice, probably because they didnt
know they would lose limbs/bodies. i also wonder if you are talking about the end of the series
when Tucker wasnt even human anymore. he was attempting to use Al when he was in the form of
the philosphers stone.
[/spoiler]

i think that explains in full detail.

--------------------
The blubber alchemist! Can transmutate blubber nuggets from animal carcases! not fat, just hungry! yes, I'm a tub o' lard!

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Jul 8 2006, 12:19 AM
Post #40

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

[spoiler]I'm fairly certain Human Transmutations only refer to trying to create a Human soul, mind, and body. Fusing a human with an animal isn't quite the same thing, as you are taking to things that are already there and living and combining them, not creating a new soul, which would have erupted in Tucker seeing the Gate and the Truth.

Further on, in the Anime series anyway, I was under the impression that Tucker, being an expert on Chimeras, was trying to shape a Chimera that looked like his daughter, so he was just essentially genertically engineering an animal to look like a human, and then at the end he tries to use the Philosopher's Stone to bind a soul to it. The PS should allow these sorts of things. But, it didn't work, and he was left with a mindless doll that doesn't even qualify as a Humonculi.[/spoiler]

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Reika
post Jul 8 2006, 02:19 AM
Post #41

Member No.: 11,740

mmm are we talking about the manga or the anime?

In any case:

[spoiler] Because he wasn't trying to create anything,less a soul, he was mixing two "elements". As simple as that ^^ [/spoiler]

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
blubbernuggetalc...
post Jul 8 2006, 08:13 AM
Post #42

Citizen

Member No.: 37,991

i dont know if you knew this but

[spoiler] he didnt try to shape a chimera that looked like his daughter, he tried to use his daugther in the chimera with his dog. [/spoiler]

--------------------
The blubber alchemist! Can transmutate blubber nuggets from animal carcases! not fat, just hungry! yes, I'm a tub o' lard!

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Jul 8 2006, 12:39 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(blubbernuggetalchemist @ Jul 8 2006, 08:13 AM) [snapback]419752[/snapback]

i dont know if you knew this but

[spoiler] he didnt try to shape a chimera that looked like his daughter, he tried to use his daugther in the chimera with his dog. [/spoiler]

I knew that, but I was confused if we were discussing the Anime or the Manga. In any case
[spoiler]As Tucker didn't try to create a soul, only combine what was already there, he needn't pay a price.[/spoiler]

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Slicer007
post Jul 16 2006, 08:11 AM
Post #44

Citizen

Member No.: 38,442

QUOTE(Archangel-Unmei @ Jun 28 2006, 09:44 PM) [snapback]417989[/snapback]

dry.gif Good point. I guess I'd never really quite thought about it like that before.

And remember, he already had a human to work with so all
he had to do was mix them!

--------------------
Do you like melons?"-King Bradley

+Quote Post
Gozar
post Mar 21 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #45

Citizen

Member No.: 45,006

Hey, Ive got 3 questions. 2 of which are n00b'ish.

1. I'm pretty sure I know Ed & Al's Ages in the Manga, but I wanna make sure I'm right, so I figured I'll ask. It's like this, correct?:

Failed a Human Transmutation: 11 & 10
Ed Became a State Alchemist: 12 & 11
When The Storyline Begins: 15 & 14

Since up until a month ago I was mainly farmiliar with the Anime which has different ages and only owned the first few Manga volumes, I wanted to double check.

2. How many Volumes are currentley out in Japan right now? Also, how many chapters do those Volumes cover since it's likely the newest chapters (i.e. 69) have yet to be put into a Tankobon.

3. [Spoiler]I just got done with Volume 9 and am a huge obsesser when it comes to dramatic plot things. Is Lt. Ross really dead? I mean they had that whole thing going about hewr body being so messed by from Roy that you couldn't tell who it was except for dental records. So I just need to know, is she truley dead?[/Spoiler]

Thanks.

--------------------

"You hate the fact that your powerless to stop me, that your completly outmatched, well imagine feeling the way you do now all of the time like the people of this planet do. FOOLS, how do you think my Master Gohan felt when you ganged up on him in the rain and he had no way out. Well now it's your turn, I hope you enjoy it."-Trunks

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 07:36 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css