HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Can I Make This Thread Topic? If So, Where?, Need help opening a thread?? Ask us here!!
The random alche...
post Jan 12 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #1

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,778

As an experiment (with the original thread author's permission,) I'm converting this thread to "Opening thread, Q&A" for any members who'd like to find out if we already have a thread with similar topics, or needing any help deciding which forum the thread should go to, or for any additional help/advise before opening threads with their topics...
(If the experiment doesn't go well we can always stop it, I think.. ^^ )

If any member would like to have some help or ask questions on opening thread with certain topics, feel free to post here and ask us..
happy.gif

(I recommend everyone to use "Search" first to see if the similar thread are already in the forums, tho. ^^)

<Thanks, The random alchemist for letting me share your post space!! ^^ 01/13/07 ~Tombow>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

please don't steal my idea if it wasn't tooken yet D:

Ok, I wanted to make a forum dedicated to the dubs of FMA being people would write their opinion on the voice acting of characters.

For example: I really find Gluttony's voice in the japanese dub more affective because... fill in the blank here.

But I didn't know where I should put it... or if its already been done before...

it could go under character discussion because its about characters but its also more towards the anime so it could go under that forum, but the issue that comes there is there two sub forum: one for the english dub and one for the japanese and in the case of this topic it could fit in both or even further (being I'm pretty certain FMA has been traslated in more languages than english).

So my question is: has this topic been done before? *couldn't find it* and if not what forum/sub forum would it belong to?

--------------------
Where there is random you shall find me : D
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 12 2007, 04:15 PM
Post #2

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

I remember seeing a thread with that topic before.
If I remember correctly, I think it got closed and eventually deleted, or merged to one of "dub" thread. Hence, I don't think we have a thread now, but I'll go and check forums, and get back later. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Jan 13 2007, 10:58 AM
Post #3

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

I have an idea for a topic, but I don't know if I should make it. It's a pretty weird (and I guess stupid) idea, but I want to make it because I'm curious about some people's opinions on which Willy Wonka they like best. (I told you it was weird laugh.gif) I wanted to see how many people would pick the Willy Wonka played by Johnny Depp over the original Willy Wonka. So.... should I make it? 'Cause the results may come up to be everyone favoring the Willy Wonka that Johnny Depp plays, so.... I'm not sure unsure.gif . Help will be appreciated biggrin.gif!!

BTW, this topic would be in the Video section, right?

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
The random alche...
post Jan 13 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #4

Alchemists

QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 12 2007, 04:15 PM) [snapback]493625[/snapback]
If I remember correctly, I think it got closed and eventually deleted, or merged to one of "dub" thread. Hence, I don't think we have a thread now, but I'll go and check forums, and get back later. smile.gif

kk, I'll be waiting for you responce here =3

--------------------

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Jan 13 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #5

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

QUOTE(The random alchemist @ Jan 13 2007, 09:27 PM) [snapback]493830[/snapback]
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 12 2007, 04:15 PM) [snapback]493625[/snapback]

kk, I'll be waiting for you responce here =3

http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=1608

I have an idea for a topic, but I don't know if I should make it. It's a pretty weird (and I guess stupid) idea, but I want to make it because I'm curious about some people's opinions on which Willy Wonka they like best. (I told you it was weird laugh.gif ) I wanted to see how many people would pick the Willy Wonka played by Johnny Depp over the original Willy Wonka.

We don't have that thread I think. Try using the search feature though. That's why it's there.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 13 2007, 11:20 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

@The random alchemist - Sorry for the delayed reply!! And, looks like Popo beats me to it. (Thanks Popo!! happy.gif)
Yap, that link Popo has posted, On the Dubbing of FMA is the "Dubb" thread I was talking about, and any additional thoughts on FMA dubbs, opinions on the voice actors on FMA English, French, Spanish...., some other actors one might like to hear as the voice for certain charactors, and so on .. they all go on that thread. biggrin.gif
So, we already have an existing thread for that one. Sorry!!

(BTW, I'd like to convert this thread for any members who'd like to find out if we already have similar topics, or needing any help deciding which forum the thread should got to, or for any additional help/advise before opening threads with their topics... if you don't mind. happy.gif )
If you do mind sharing this thread with others, let me know, and I'll revert it back. ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Steel Heart Alchemist - I guess that will be fine, since there are other threads dedicated to "single movie" topics (in this case two movies.. biggrin.gif ) in the General Video forum.
You can open "'Willy Wonka/Charlie & the Chocolate Factory' movies... which one is better?? " thread, or something like that?? biggrin.gif

And, yap, that will go in General Video forum.
One thing tho.. I have no idea how the discussion might go, and if people start posting mainly about Johnny Depp, and about his other movie roles, etc., then that would not be good, because we already have Johnny Depp thread.
So, try to keep the discussions focussed about the two "Chclate Factory" movies, and not on Johnny Depp. biggrin.gif

And, I assume you are thinking of having a poll attached to it, right??
To add a poll, while you're opening a new thread, look for Poll Options, and click on Click here to manage this topic's poll to make Poll choices.
(If you mess up making polls, don't panic. We can edit it for you later, if you let us know how you want us to edit it. ) Good luck!! biggrin.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... as an experiment, I'm converting this thread to "Opening thread, Q&A" for any members who'd like to find out if we already have similar topics (I recommend everyone to use "Search" first to see if the similar thread are already in the forums, tho,) or needing any help deciding which forum the thread should got to, or for any additional help/advise before opening threads with their topics...(If the experiment doesn't go well we can always stop it, I think.. ^^)

If any member would like to have some help or ask questions on opening thread with certain topics, feel free to post here and ask us.. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ailuro
post Jan 14 2007, 03:31 PM
Post #7

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 665

COUNTER PRODUCTIVITY!

--------------------
- Ailuro "Deshi" Oz
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 14 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jan 14 2007, 06:31 PM) [snapback]494125[/snapback]
COUNTER PRODUCTIVITY!

Care to elaborate?? ^^ (I can use Ailuro-san's wisdom!!) biggrin.gif
But yeah, this is just an experiment, so if this isn't working out we can always stop it, but if this will reduce the number of inquiring PMs I get on those, that would be good, IMO. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The random alche...
post Jun 5 2007, 07:38 PM
Post #9

Alchemists

yeah, I have yet another idea that I can't seem to find if it exist or where I might put it. I was thinking of making a topic about if FMA made a live action movie who do you think would play characters? what kind of CG work you would need, etc... to that. I believe there was another topic about specials and different shows etc... but this could use its own topic since it would be a large discussion about plot, characters, concepts, what you think they would need to have what you think they might not need, should it be based on the manga/anime/other? ya know a big topic just for ideas from our local fan people.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 5 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

@The random alchemist - We do have that thread already. biggrin.gif
(At least the character part, and if you like to, IMO, you can elaborate more on that thread.)

ETA:
Here it is... And Starring As ..., Who should play FMA characters?

Since it is an old thread, to bring more life into it, I say you can expand the topic to what you were talking about above, about the concept and the stuff, on this thread also. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The random alche...
post Jun 6 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #11

Alchemists

QUOTE(Tombow @ Jun 5 2007, 08:04 PM) [snapback]550089[/snapback]
@The random alchemist - We do have that thread already. biggrin.gif
(At least the character part, and if you like to, IMO, you can elaborate more on that thread.)

ETA:
Here it is... And Starring As ..., Who should play FMA characters?

Since it is an old thread, to bring more life into it, I say you can expand the topic to what you were talking about above, about the concept and the stuff, on this thread also. smile.gif

Ah, okie dokie, thanks for your help Tombow ^.^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 6 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

@The random alchemist - You're welcome!! ^^ I like the idea of giving the old thread a new life by expanding the discussion!! And, I think your idea is very interesting!! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 01:51 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css