Reply to this topicStart new topic
Favourite Anime Pairings, Yaoi/yuri/het, whatever
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 20 2004, 12:27 PM
Post #16

Moderator Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 330

Ooooh, hopefully I'm not scaring anyone away with my shonen-ai talk. biggrin.gif;; Maybe I should write about het-pairings a bit too.

Aaaw, you make the author of that piece blush, believe me. biggrin.gif

You're trully a masochist, refusing to get the German version like that. Although I understand. biggrin.gif Seeing an anime in a anguage other than English, Dutch or Japanese would be a "turn-off" for me too. Yes, even Dutch. I kinda like certain anime in Dutch for some inane reason. tongue.gif Sue me. Hehe, I'm trying tnot to spoil too much regarding Yami no Matsuei, but you're basically the only person I can talk to about this anime/manga. smile.gif I haven't met anyone "directly" who liked the series yet, so... My apologies about the if there. tongue.gif

Hmmm, I've never seen Inu Ysha although I have AMVs of the series. biggrin.gif Looks really fun, so I think I'll make an efort to purchase at least one DVD to see if it's really as much fun as it looks. I've already targeted a certain priest as my favorite. rolleyes.gif I know, I'm bad. You aren't supposed to choose favorites like that, but oh well... X3 Inu Yasha/Kagome seems like a nice pairing. Although Inu Yasha/Miroku doesn't look too shabby either.

biggrin.gif;; Behold my awesome try at a het-pairing convo...

--------------------
:: King of Shonen-ai ::
:: - Sister to Prinz_Zoisit ::

- Moderator Emeritus -
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Nov 20 2004, 01:16 PM
Post #17

Brigadier General

Member No.: 1,360

Or then it's my talk that scares people away... I can get so into something at times tongue.gif ... And I am a really crazy shipper tongue.gif ... I just like to see people/characters belong together. Then.. I have certain opinions of certain characters that are just final(however I'm a submissive person soo...). I'm right anyway(as if) so there's no need to worry about spoiling me tongue.gif . I tend to spoil myself usually a 100x more anyway(I so try not to) wink.gif

Oh you haven't met anyone, who likes YnM? Besides me? How weird! How can that be! Well, I'm still very new to it too.. but I know something biggrin.gif (and will know more)
Noo... the biggest reason for me not to buy the German version was because of the "possible" long wait for vol 12 (please let it be published) and I like reading manga in English(also because I can't understand Japanese) because I just like it and want hmm... others to read it too biggrin.gif (the few manga "fans" I know don't understand German). I like German and Swedish almost as much as English( and they're so much cheaper too biggrin.gif ), but I don't like to read in Finnish, the language I know best.. weird. Although it doesn't matter since there are like nearly no(well a few) manga serieses in Finnish and all available in other languages anyway. The original versions rule over all of course! So the version closest to the original is the most enjoyable biggrin.gif

To topic: you haven't seen Inu Yasha , but you're already pairing Miroku with Inu Yasha laugh.gif I'd recommend the manga though(don't know the anime too well)
But I admire your attempt to try and find a het pairing tongue.gif

on DBZ since I seemed to be on a roll on another topic rolleyes.gif
Of course I support the VegetaXBulma pairing, because they're just these "belong together" couples...I love their relationship, which might not seem to be very "full of love" on the surface, but truly is deep down *sighs*. It was so clearly shown by certain actions biggrin.gif . I liked Bulma with Yamcha too, they had such a long relationship together....
As for hmm... VegetaXGoku(and of course that way tongue.gif ) I was kind of freaked out by it at first because of um.. certain dream I had, but I can totally see its potential *evil grin*.. and it's hinted just too many times(half kidding)but Vegeta belongs to Bulma.. so...
YamchaXGoku has also certain points.. they have a great relationship and have been friends since childhood(or somewhat) and Goku&Chichi seemed a bit of an "arranged marriage anyway"... so YXG comes next as favourite in DBZ
I wanted to see TenshinhanXRanchi(Lunch) together, but she dissapeared somewhere soo... I guess it's TienXChaouzu then..

Oooh... gosh have to stop... Have too much to say. biggrin.gif

--------------------
The Delirious Dreamy Airhead
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
An Open-Minded Perv & Member of G.O.O.P
user posted image
Here's the thread for you s-ai/yaoi fans:Shounen-ai Fans Unite!

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 20 2004, 01:57 PM
Post #18

Moderator Emeritus

Hehe, I'm like that too -- about the pairings, I mean. I love being a matchmaker, fitting characters with other characters not caring for the consequences. I hate to leave out anyone if I can help it. happy.gif

Yeah, my sister isn't into Yami no Matuei because she doesn't like Tsuzuki. T_T Isn't that awful? tongue.gif She's a Muraki, Tatsumi person. She prefers hot semes whereas I prefer hot ukes. %D Oh well I actually managed to get her to see the subs and now she's pretty okay with it. Still doesn't like Tsuzuki and wouldn't think about reading the manga because the further you get the more feminine the mangaka draws the characters. laugh.gif She absolutely hates Tatsumi's feminine-manga-form. ^.^ Cyute but very frustrating because we never seem to discuss this without bickering over each other's characters.

Oooh, the Inu Yasha manga~ I don't suppose it's still un-licensed? biggrin.gif;; Is the anime even licensed? blink.gif I wouldn't know... biggrin.gif;; Yesh, I'm pretty proud of the fact I like Kagome. I usually dislike characters like her. She reminds me of Miaka. biggrin.gif;; A Mary-Sue, lost in the world of magic, bishounen and... demons? And alter-egoes? ...I don't have a clue what the anime's about actually.

Aaaah, DBZ -- my first anime ever. smile.gif Which incidentally dragged me into the world of shonen-ai/yaoi at the tender age of 12/13. *__* Those were the days--- oh crap. >.< How could I forget Bardock and Touma? Have to make some edits now. They're the couple that really got me into it, according to my sister. rolleyes.gif Although we both know it was her and her VegetaxGoku fic. It's an on-going debate between us which doesn't show any signs of stopping anytime soon.

Other than those... I kinda like Goku/Chichi. I loathed it at first. biggrin.gif;; I couldn't stand Chichi because she was so bossy and could kick ass. Stupid reasons, but yeah... laugh.gif I liked the fact Chichi and Gokuu couldn't stand each other manga-wise I mean, they didn't even talk once during the first 10 volumes! But, she managed to grow on me overtime, just like Relena and Rinoa from GW and FFVIII. Unfortunately... it's Bulma I don't like in Chichi's place. -__-;; I don't really know why, something abou her character... Maybe because she's bossy and doesn't know how to kick-ass like Chichi. X3 I'm weird, let's leave it at that.

Oh, Lunch with her split-personality! Hot. *__* It's too bad she suddenly disappeared. Tenshinhan and her would've made a great couple. Uh... Tien and Chouzu? laugh.gif What a... twist. From Lunch to a midget. tongue.gif They're sweet together and so many hints too. wink.gif

Yesh, YamuchaxGokuu would be my favorite right now too. Next to ToumaxBaadakku-- Bardock I mean, of course. wink.gif

Now, if you would excuse me I've got something to edit!

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Nov 20 2004, 02:55 PM
Post #19

Brigadier General

Yeah! I just want everyone to find that special someone biggrin.gif . Although with shonen-ai pairings I tend to go over all kinds of possibilities tongue.gif a little too eagerly.
What kind of annoys me for example In Fushigi Yuugi is the fact that there's Miaka (and Yui) and so many bishonen guys... So who are they going to be paired with it???? unsure.gif The worst thing is of course that they fall for the only girl around... now how is that going to end happily?
In Ranma 1/2 there are also Ranma and Akane, and everyone falling for them... and basically the only relationship with chances to be "complete" is the main one... And the rest have no one?
Speaking of Ranma 1/2.... RanmaXAkane is okay, but RyogaXAkari is the best! And of course Ryoga/Ranma... (now that was even hinted tongue.gif )
Then there is Digimon, a series with so few girl characters...
I used to be very against all shonen-ai pairings in this series(mostly because it was the first time I encountered something like that), I liked to pair certain characters like Taichi &Sora and Koushirou&Mimi... I still like the latter one, but since the previous kind of got "destroyed" in 02... I started loathing a certain pairing... Well... now I'm pretty torn between a few tongue.gif in that series.

How can someone not like Tsuzuki? *shrieks*.... I think he's actually my favourite character in that series. (Haven't decided yet).
I usually like the semes more(probably because no favourite character of mine can be bottom tongue.gif )... but there are exceptions, like always tongue.gif
In YnM the only seme I properly know uptill now is Muraki.. and he's kind of evil... so I must not like him tongue.gif (but do anyway)
I like the fact that the manga will be showing the men more feminine in the future volumes laugh.gif .

Ooh... your sister is fellow shonen-ai fan? Is she a fanatic too? tongue.gif
And you've been a fan such a long time...I guess I was introduced to shonen-ai(not counting Digimon pairings) when I first read the first volume of FAKE and was surprised that I actually liked it! But I suppose I became a fan slowly slowly after seeing Gravitation*happy sigh* that always rose my spirits somehow biggrin.gif

Hmm... Goku/Chichi is fine with me(although there is still YamchaxGoku)... without them there wouldn't be Gohan and Goten. biggrin.gif And oh.. I forgot to mention that without Vegeta and Bulma there wouldn't be Trunks(and Bra, but whatever) and then there wouldn't be that fav. pairing of yours biggrin.gif
I actually had always strong feeling about Trunks being gay tongue.gif ... 1. because everyone seem to think that he was no matter what 2. because I kind of had a crush on him tongue.gif 3. I can't stand my brother always calling him that. He just wants a reason to hate him... 4. I wanted Trunks to get married and have talented children to continue the legacy
Still TrunksXGoten is kind of cute... backs up the VegetaXGoku pairing and with certain "fusion" technics giving all kinds of ideas tongue.gif
Touma? Who's that? And you didn't forget that did you? I remember seeing it (but I can see into the future)
Tien and Chaouzu was hinted too often tongue.gif They always stuck together and never had hmm.. "anyone else" in their lives if you don't count Lunch, who must have left because she was the third wheel.

Oh and.. Inu Yasha, both anime and manga are licensed... but nothing prevents you from downloading it(well the anime anyway)....I guess.. or then buying the manga/DVD

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 20 2004, 04:14 PM
Post #20

Moderator Emeritus

Ah yes, Fushigi Yuugi: but certain shonen-ai pairings are hinted at. For example, Hotohori and Nuriko, Nuriko and Tamahome, Nakago and Tomo (or at least, Tomo pining after Nakago), Amiboshi and Suboshi (although... they did share a kiss, but it wasn't about passionate love or anything ^.^ Fans like to pretend though) and... that's it. I think. biggrin.gif;; Fushigi Yuugi is a shoujo afterall, so there are vound to be shonen-ai pairings, yuri-pairings and the ultimate het pairing. (Tamahome and Miaka, of course >__>)

RyogaxAkari? blink.gif I don't know anyone named Akari... RyogaxRanma was hinted at?? blink.gif Or did you mean Ranma turning ino a girl and seducing him or something? tongue.gif

Heh, my sister says it's easy not to like Tsuzuki, but she has yet to give me reasons. Oh wait, she liked him at the beginning because he had the potential to be a cool asshole. But then he was a girl. "That sucked." tongue.gif Tatsumi's the same, but I don't see her bashing him. rolleyes.gif Oh she says that's because he was faceless in the beginning and ugly later on. He didn't act as a girl either unlike Tsuzuki. Apparently. rolleyes.gif

OK, enough about this~

Yep, she's been a shonen-ai fan as long as me. So~ she was 10/11 when she got first introduced to the wonders of yaoi. biggrin.gif And she was still the one who started it all with her fic. *nods*

laugh.gif Most people get introduced to shonen-ai via FAKE. I don't regret I didn't. Dragonball Z was a wonderful start to both anime and yaoi. X3 Not that I don't love FAKE -- Dee's just such a stud. *___*

Touma's Bardock's buddy (the one with the bandage around his arm) from the Bardock Special. *__* He has blue armor and spikey hair -- well, of course he has spikey hair. laugh.gif But anyway, he survived that blast from Dodoria and Bardock took his bandage from him... ooh, that doesn't sound too good. ^ ^;; But anyway, they're my #2 couple next to VegetaxGoku and TrunksxGoten would be #3 because I didn't know they existed until I looked up info from the Internet. biggrin.gif

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Gashole
post Nov 20 2004, 04:42 PM
Post #21

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 685

Between Kase and Kihaku's posts I can see at least 100 smilies. huh.gif

I actually don't mind HikaruxLantis cause Hikaru looks pretty old for her age (in spite of the supposed fact that she's short). I like FuuxFerio better though. wink.gif

Huh, should've known Kase would go crazy with her shounen-ai pairings. ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Nov 20 2004, 10:59 PM
Post #22

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

Pairings, eh? I'm not so sure myself. But here my list:

Fullmetal Alchemist:
Roy x Riza (the obvious)
Alphonse x Winry (I know, I know . . . )
Hughes x Gracia (I love them)
Izumi x Sigu
Hohenheim x Trisha (they were such a loving couple)
Edward x Russell (what I might like IF I were a yaoi fan)

NOTE: Ed can never be with Roy because he's Riza's! Mwahahahaha!

Inuyasha: (oh-so-canon)
Inuyasha x Kagome
Miroku x Sango
Sesshoumaru x (older) Rin

Chobits:
Minoru x Yuzuki

FFVIII:
Seifer x Quistis
Squall x Rinoa
Irvine x Selphie
Zell x (library girl)

FFIX:
Zidane x Dagger/Garnet (Til Alexandros XVII)

Spiral ~Suiri no Kizuna~:
Ayumu x Madoka

Bleach:
Ichigo x Rukia

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Nov 21 2004, 05:24 AM
Post #23

Brigadier General

I haven't seen/ read all of Fushigi Yuugi yet, so I wouldn't know about Tomo.. Um Amiboshi&Suboshi part(what??)...*looks forward to reading next volumes*
Yeah.. with shoujo, there is probably always shonen-ai/ yaoi couples at least hinted. Maybe not so much yuri though...Well I wouldn't know tongue.gif
Hmmm in FY Nuriko after both Hotohori and Tamahome(but mostly Hotohori )... hah, but you can't forget Tasuki/Chichiri/which way, which way) tongue.gif There's obviously something there... They even have their own duet character song in the anime biggrin.gif

Akari appears only in the manga of Ranma 1/2. I actually haven't even read that far, but I know that she is a pig fan, who falls for him. Hopefully Ryoga falls for her too...(don't know yet) I really can't see him with Akane. It's more of a crazy obsession there. And yeah Ryoga/Ranma or RyogaXRanma whatever tongue.gif was hinted also in other ways as just Ranma pretending to be Ryoga's girlfriend to get him away from Akane. There was the part with Ryoga using some kind of fishpole to make Akane fall in love with him, but it hit Ranma, so it went that way then laugh.gif .

Kase, you're lucky to have a sister so into things like that biggrin.gif. Although I think it's weird that she was so young.. I didn't expect little kids to be so open minded about shonen-ai. And I was introduced to anime/manga when I was 16... wish it had been earlier.. I guess I'm still a novice then...
DBZ the ultimate shonen series.. a start to shonen-ai tongue.gif (although DB does have a few gays in it). I guess that would be a kind of neutral way to get introduced. With me I suppose it has to be pushed in my face in the form of the "actual story" biggrin.gif ... that makes me see that it's cute/beautiful and not weird at all... and then I go all fanatic(after some time though)...
Tsuzuki is such a cutie *blushes*... Not only cool assholes are hot biggrin.gif It's so sweet when there is the soft side(goes for cool assholes too) Your sister is making me like him even more with that "bashing"... tell her that biggrin.gif I bet she'll be happy laugh.gif

Can't remember that film too well... but I figured that Touma was one of Bardok's buddies. Hmm... It's obvious were the TrunksXGoten comes from rolleyes.gif Like father, like son and the fusion.... people's minds biggrin.gif

I actually think that Hikaru looked really young for her age(didn't Fuu and Umi think she was 12.. or something?)
But in MKR it wasn't the physical age, but the mental that mattered... I suppose Hikaru was supposed to be mature???
I guess someone could argue about the fact that Clef looked like a little boy...but I just don't see him that way. ClefXPresea forever!
Oh... I don't know how I could have forgotten FerioXFuu! yes! They belong together biggrin.gif And AscottXUmi too!(Although i see her with Clef too, but noo..he belongs to Presea biggrin.gif ) What I liked also about MKR was that everyone seemed to have someone... I guess...Such a sweet, romantic story..*sighs*
Gashole: yeah... you're right.. thera are actually over 100 smiles biggrin.gif but you like smiles too, right tongue.gif And I don't know if Kase is the only one going crazy here... I'm pretty much crazy about everything tongue.gif . Plus I do a lot of provoking biggrin.gif

Oh yes, I like the fact of SesshoumaruXolder Rin.. Don't know why I didn't think of that!
And of course Ed can't be with Roy(RoyXRiza rules!) but there are possibilities..Now I actually think that the RussellXEd pairing starts to seem quite appealing...waah..weird me tongue.gif

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
RoyxRiza BigFan
post Nov 21 2004, 06:17 AM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 12

Armstrong x Izumi's husband >W< bwahahahahaha QWQ

Slamdunk

Akagi X Uozumi, Gori and Boss Saru...BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !W!

--------------------
God is Good and this is why *U*

user posted image

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 21 2004, 07:23 AM
Post #25

Moderator Emeritus

@Gashole: I wonder why you would think that. rolleyes.gif Hey, someone had to get the ball rolling around here. tongue.gif (And smilies "rawk")

@Quistis: Edward x Russell. tongue.gif Poor Russ, he wouldn't be too happy to hear that. X3 Ed would be on Cloud Nine though.

@Kihaku: laugh.gif I've read/seen next to nothing about FY, but I love to do research with both the web and fanfiction. But Tomo clearly has the hots for Nakago. rolleyes.gif But everyone knows he's already taken. (Nakago/Hotohori~ XD) Too bad I've only been able to find 3 fanfics about them together. sad.gif Nobody likes them as a pairing. >__> But I don't like FY enough to make my own fanfics about them either, so I'm kinda stuck here. tongue.gif

Oh, if you really look between the lines like a true fan of these things I guess you could see the hints between Tasuki and Chichiri. biggrin.gif Although I like Tasuki with his blue-haired friend better for some reason. Hmmm, makes me wonder if there are hints between Mitsukake (?) and Chiriko. X3 They're the only ones left out now!

Aaaah, I've only seen a few eps of the Ranma series, a few OAVs and three Movies. biggrin.gif;; Still a lot, but no manga. Too bad I don't really like Ranma enough to search for more info or fanfiction. I had a moment where I was obsessed about it: my pairings were... RyogaxRanma, KunoxMoose... oh, that's it. biggrin.gif;; Fun, fun~

Yes~ I'm very grateful we didn't turn our backs to the yaoi community because of our ages-- or is it because how young we were back then we didn't? blink.gif Oh well... I'm just glad we didn't. biggrin.gif So much fun, beautiful manga/anime and stories we would've missed out on if we were anti-yaoi.

X3 I'll be sure to tell her. And I have to agree -- whenever a person's very against someone I usually see it as my job to protect that certain someone (unless I don't like them either tongue.gif) and in the process have that character grow on me. rolleyes.gif Bad habit to be having, but it's the truth. cool.gif "I run, I hide, but I never lie!" If you know how to finish this sentence you win a cyber cookie. XD

Aherm...

@RXR Big Fan: laugh.gif Now there's some true innuendo. X3 No to mention it'd be a true challenge (bet no one would dare take it tongue.gif)

OH~ I completely forgot my Wish pairing~ Kokuyo x Hisui~ XDDD Kokuyo though tough, cool, handsome, dark and tall cracked me up with his "we made pasionate love together". rolleyes.gif This just begs for a ficcie, if you ask me.

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Nov 21 2004, 10:46 AM
Post #26

Brigadier General

RXR BigFan: yeah.. of course laugh.gif the only person to match Armstrong... pity that he already has Izumi tongue.gif
Oh! I didn't notice that Quistis had written Ed X Russell.. my weird mind just switched them over straight away tongue.gif I suppose you just see what you want to see then. biggrin.gif
Urm..Ed would be on Cloud Nine???

You could have fooled me with your Fushigi Yuugi knowledge. Ah like that then...So you like fanfiction more than the actual thing then? I love Fushigi Yuugi! One of the first mangas I read and still one of my favourites biggrin.gif . Maybe I'll watch the series too someday biggrin.gif If I can. Oh yeah, Tasuki and Kouji! But then.. that's more of a strong friendship(as if that ever was in the way of a pairing tongue.gif )
urm... looking between the lines tongue.gif. To me it's "seeing the obvious" tongue.gif . I'm not really that big a fan of Tasuki/Chichiri. I still like him with Tamahome better.. but then there is Miaka...
Mitsukake had that woman he loved*sigh* and seems too committed to her and well Chiriko is still a kid tongue.gif
Oh... how come people don't like Nagako/Hotohori(Now that would be NagakoXHotohori tongue.gif )? Now there's the evil leader of the "enemy" and the good, righteous emperor of the good guys.. "womanly" long haired blond bishie and "womanly" long and dark haired bishie.... Such a contrast! Maybe that's why? But don't those great contrasts spark the imagination?

Kind of reminds me of D.N.Angel
Ah, should have remembered that(although this is part of the D.N.Angel topic)
of course KradXDark
DaisukeXRiku(or DarkXRiku)
HiwatariXDaisuke(I'd like it rather this way, but I can live with DaisukeXRiku, since that's what this is motsly about anyway... sigh) those would be my favourites biggrin.gif
And I know it's kind of freaky, but
DarkXDaisuke
KradXHiwatari.... not a great fan of those, because I'm not sure if it's about the same person or not...
but definitely not DarkXRisa(or DaisukeXRisa) Sorry Risa tongue.gif
urm and then there's that contrast thing in Yami no Matsuei too.. dark guy vs light guy... funny that in all the situations the blond/white haired is the evil one tongue.gif

yeah... I wouldn't want to be anti-yaoi either (wait..I used to be..or?).. Even those against that genre could try reading/watching stuff like that. I mean, not everyone can like it, but most have their eyes opened after they come in touch with a beautiful story biggrin.gif (I know from experience)
I'm also always defending everyone, even if I don't like them myself. People are always going "you don't have to defend everyone". Yeah I know I don't have to, I just want to. biggrin.gif .. but I guess in Tsuzuki's case it was something like the more he is bashed the more I like him... wait, same thing with Trunks tongue.gif

"I run, I hide, but I never lie" sounds good on its own. That's what I could say too..
It's so luke me biggrin.gif !
Reminds me of One Piece, although Usopp would go "I run, I hide and always lie" tongue.gif
I've heard a bit of Wish, but don't know anything about it...It's supposed to be short..maybe I should check it out then biggrin.gif
(that line has me interested)

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 21 2004, 11:15 AM
Post #27

Moderator Emeritus

D'uh? It isn't Cloud Nine? It's Cloud Seven then? blink.gif In any case, he'd be ecstatic to be on top after all Russell's teasing about his height and age! tongue.gif

Well, fanfiction's usually a big thing when I look for a new fandom. If I'm not satisfied with the fanworks, I tend to like the anime/manga less. >__> Need to do something about that... it's really bothersome. So, when I couldn't find good fanfiction about Fushigi Yuugi and my favorite character (Hotohori~) doesn't really have a favorible role... I can't even spell his name right sometimes. It's always Hothori or Hoorohori or something. rolleyes.gif But I love him nonetheless~

His character's so sad though. sad.gif Living an isolated life, being manipulated by his mother to ascend the throne at such a tender age. Thinking he's in love with Miaka because of a legend. And getting dumped because Miaka's in love with another guy. >__> And once he's given up all hope of getting together with Miaka he turns to Nuriko who he knew loved him, but then Nuriko suddenly decides he's going to be straight and triesto get it on with Miaka instead. rolleyes.gif Alas he did get a lovely wife and son, but then he gets killed!! Argh! mad.gif *huff-huff-huff*

Ah well. That's what you get for being the main male character's competition in a shoujo-series. tongue.gif

Well, I think the main reason the NakagoxHotohori pairing doesn't work out is because they (most fans) like to pair Hotohori with Nuriko and Nakago is just evil. tongue.gif He either gets it on with Sai (?) or Tomo or Tamahome or Yui or every other guy/girl in the anime/manga except Hotohori. rolleyes.gif

Ah~ D.N. Angel~ Practically the same reason I didn't like it. tongue.gif I always choose the wrong characters to like in shoujo-series.Mostly becauseI don't like cutesy stuff and shoujo-series seem to be filled to the brim with that stuff. WISH I tlerate because it's only 4 volumes. tongue.gif

In any case, if I had to choose couples: DarkxKrad and SatoshixDaisuke. (Because my favorites are always uke unless I say otherwise!) tongue.gif Hehe, DarkxDaisuke and KradxSatoshi seem to be fan-favorites. I don't really like those though. biggrin.gif;;

Light vs Dark (shonen-ai/het whatever) has become a cliche, I must say. tongue.gif Guess it's pretty intrigueing to see Light conquering the Dark. *__* Muraki and Tsuzuki, Kowaru and Shinji. But then you've got Dark conquering the Light: Seishiro x Subaru from X. But it's mostly Light x Dark. tongue.gif

"I run, I hide, but I never [tell a] lie! Duo Maxwell!" laugh.gif Gundam Wing. wink.gif

Well, if you're a fan of CLAMP's work (Cardcaptor Sakura, X, Rayearth, CLAMP's School Detective(?), Subaru Reservoir(?) :blink) you would probabylike WISH too. All cutesy and CLAMP-is with Angels and Devils and Humans. biggrin.gif It's all about the love between these species, really. Summary from the manga:

One moonlit night, Shuichiro saved an angel stuck in a tree. The angel granted him a wish to repay his generosity.
Shuichiro said, "I need no wish, I can get what I want on my own."
But they'd both soon learn that some wishes can't be fulfilled alone."

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
DarkWater Alchem...
post Nov 22 2004, 05:12 AM
Post #28

Alchemists

Member No.: 1,273

GHehe... I'm kinda like 'I support everything except any pairing with any char I really hate.' However, I don't really hate any char, I think, so, I just support everything ^^

I never thought about EdxRussel though, but I can already see it happen.
Yay for shounen-ai laugh.gif (Does that result in AlxFletcher too? blink.gif )

*shortpost*

--------------------
~Guardian Angel of the Shonen-ai Royal Family~
Blessed with Sin: member of G.O.O.P. *hyper about bishies*
deviantart gallery - Divine Crisis

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Nov 22 2004, 08:30 AM
Post #29

Brigadier General

Kase: I don't know that saying... that's why I was wondering what it meant tongue.gif
but yeah... Ed would be in seventh heaven! (like the only saiying I know tongue.gif )

Ah..like that! I actually don't tend to read fanfiction so much, because I usually find the anime/manga satisfying enough. If not, I know how to see "the obvious" things tongue.gif Although with DBZ it kind of "lacked" certain events. For example what happened during those three years when Bulma and Vegeta became a couple... so I love reading those. I pretty much had a certain image in my head and found the fanfic quite close to that biggrin.gif
Yeah, it's kind of annoying when the favourite character has to go through so much pain and then gets killed in the end(I was kind of shocked when I first found out who died in the end of Fushigi Yuugi ... drat, do I always have to spoil myself by accident?)
I kind of liked Hotohori with Miaka... she did feel drawn to him at the start... now that would have been better and then Tasuki could have been with Tamahome tongue.gif
Hmm... in the manga Hotohori didn't turn to Nuriko...so maybe that was just the fanfic you read? Yay! I like Hotohori too! But Tasuki is still my favourite character biggrin.gif
Hmm... Nagako seems interested(in his own way) of almost every character in the series, that's why I kind of see him with everyone (spooky guy). I think Soi had a thing for him... Tomo(thinks hard).. I think I remember him, he too? Well those would be the most logical ones. Between Tamahome and Nagako I see only pure hate, but I wouldn't know yet...

What do you mean, you chose the wrong chracters to like in D.N.Angel ?
I mean, nothing bad happens to them, right? Or do you mean the pairings?
DarkXKrad...eh? tongue.gif So you belong to the majority in that case...I still favor KradXDark... Krad just wouldn't have it that way.. but then again, neither would Dark. tongue.gif
Those weird DarkXDaisuke, KradXHiwatari are mighty popular??? I don't know about those... I mean if they're the same person or not...it's kind of complicated with alter egos. Same thing in Yu-gi-oh! except maybe then it's about different characters in the same body? Wait. It's like that in D.N.Angel too... but I'm pretty sure Dark says "I am you" to Daisuke and the other way round, unless they mean it in a kind of different way tongue.gif ? Still, that's kind of weird. Now... if they weren't in the same body I might have a different approach. tongue.gif

Hah, and the other cliche (like in Yu-gi-oh! and D.N.Angel too)... dark and light... Yes, it's the Light conquering the Dark, but isn't light "good" and dark "evil"... It seems the other way round to me in anime/manga serieses tongue.gif
Who are Kowaru & Shinji, by the way?
Oh...that sentence... like that it's better. Nah, I like it both ways. tongue.gif I never watched Gundam Wing, so wouldn't know. I haven't read anything else from Clamp beside MKR(and a bit of X)... but I'm a fan of cutesy stuff and angels and all that biggrin.gif So I'd probably like it biggrin.gif I love that bit from it!

DarkWater Alchemist: Yay! I like your attitude!
I can't believe I haven't thought about FletcherXAl... although I don't know which way it is...(in theory that way of course tongue.gif ). They would be so cute together! And they are around the same age too
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

No need to worry about short posts! (I'd like to be brief too) So long as you posted your opinion here biggrin.gif

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 22 2004, 12:16 PM
Post #30

Moderator Emeritus

@DarkWater Alchemist: your post's more than refreshing. (So tiny! tongue.gif) ^.^ Welcome to the club!

@Kihaku: That part about Hotohori turning to Nuriko happens in the anime... I thought. I certainly didn't read about it. blink.gif Guess it's an anime-only event then. biggrin.gif

And Tomo is the tall guy who always wears white and black make-up (or is that a mask?). He looks a lot like Hotohori once you see him without the facial mask. X3 The mangaka seems to like drawing Hotohori people, seeing there are a lot of them in Fushigi Yuugi.

Sorry to say, but I don't like Miaka, so Miaka with Hotohori? >.< No way~ tongue.gif NakagoxHotohori-fans where are you?? *sigh* This is what I mean by chosing the wrong characters to like: either the character is way too underappreciated (Krad - his role's basically kill Krad, molest Satoshi, evil bad guy that has no character) or the fans are totally against them (Taki - he raped Shuuichi, kill him!!) OR they pair them up with somebody I don't want them to be paired up with (Hotohori - Nuriko, Tasuki, Tamahome -- Nakago? No way). >__> Maybe I'm just picky...

And the DarkxDaisuke and KradxSatoshi should be able to work out since Dark and Krad are able to leave the boys' bodies at a certain point in time. (I thought somewhere at the end) blink.gif At least that's what I've been told. But yeah, they're fan favorites next to SatoshixDaisuke & DarkxKrad/KradxDark. biggrin.gif Yeah, I belong to the majority. Like I said, my fave's are always uke unless I say otherwise. tongue.gif

Kowaru and Shinji are the canon shonen-ai cuple from Evangelion. biggrin.gif Kowaru's an angel or something and Shinji's the main character. My sister's smitten about them, but I don't like Eva enough to support them with her. rolleyes.gif And again it's the Angel (white hair, red eyes) conquering the Human (dark hair, dark eyes). laugh.gif You can't escape destiny, Shinji.

You haven't seen Gundam Wing?? blink.gif Get outta here! Serious? biggrin.gif You're the first person I've met who hasn't at least seen one episode. Unless you have seen one episode, but didn't like the show afterwards. tongue.gif Gundam Wing was basically my first introduction into the whole boy's loving boys next to DBZ. wink.gif Shonen series will never escape shonen-ai fans if they keep showing main characters in the form of pretty boys interacting the way they do. The GW fandom's run-over by shonen-ai fanatics where fanfiction is concerned -- it's gone so far the het fics need a warning telling readers they're gonna read about hetero pairings instead of shonen-ai ones. laugh.gif Immensily funny for some reason.

I'd go for AlxFletcher. biggrin.gif Al seems more dominant compared to Fletcher in most ways. Oh, poor Ed. laugh.gif Gets upped by his little brother once again. RussellxEd, AlxFletcher. tongue.gif

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2016 - 10:20 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css