How Did You Get To Know Fullmetal Alchemist?, Warning Potential Spoiler
Rating 5 V
xHearter
post Jul 10 2010, 10:09 AM
Post #451

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,417

Well actually, I got a Fruits Basket dubbed box set and at the end of it was the Fullmetal Alchemist movie. I had no idea what it was, my sister was like, "THIS IS THE HELL SHOW!" cuz she used to think it was about Ed and Al escaping from hell.....
don't ask, she doesn't even know how she got that conclusion. xD
so then we stopped watching after the theme song.

but then her friend online told her about it and then she showed me,and I got OBSESSED after episode 8.
aynd then I convinced my best friend to watch it and she watched the whole thing
and then my boyfriend but he's still on episode 10.
and then I became even more obsessed and began re-watching and being a fanatic and then I found this site and my life was complete! <33

--------------------

FMA
If you have attempted alchemy by clapping your
hands, snapping, or drawing an array, copy and
paste this into your signature

xMinty = My sister!! <3<3<3 (sadly. jkjkjkjk! xDD)
she made my AH-mazing avi! ^^

Shinigami-Sama ish my bro!<333 (happily. jkjkjk! xDD)
OMG X-MAS COLORS!!

BYES! ^^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Jul 27 2010, 11:00 AM
Post #452

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,416

I was introduced to Fma by (ironically) my little brother who now can't stand this show =) It was actually a miracle they starteed showing an anime in Finland and in Japanese, maybe the popularity enabled it. It showed on Sunday mornings and that was the day I liked to sleep in. At that time, I had my anti-anime phase; everything from Japan was "false" and stupid. There was even a review on FMA 1 in our local newspaper; I only glanced it through and it kept praising it but still there was this one fault that kept me away. Anyway, one morning my brother watched the show and I happened to glance at it, it was episode 5, I saw the train and Hughes. Then weeks went and episode 10 came and I watched it through since I had no strenght to get off bed and my brother wouldn't turn the television off. The show seemed interesting and I thought of watching it. Yet, it was only when I saw the trailer once again (It is a good trailer) that I decided to give the show a try. I watched every episode my brother had in our recording DVD player and the rest is history...

I can't remember exactly when I got into manga. One company began to publish them the same time the show started so I assume it was on summer vacation, since on May I was FMAholic! =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Jul 27 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #453

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

I got into FMA by two of my friends. They were both FMA addicts. I had that one phase where I thought that I would never like a popular shounen anime...and FMA never appealed to me, until one of my friends told me the plot. I was really into fantasy stuff, and the part about the Philosopher's Stone intrigued me...also the bit about alchemy was interesting, too. So I, somewhat reluctantly, tried watching it, and needless to say, I was hooked. Though I really hated the ending of the first anime, everything else was pretty much amazing.

Then I found out about FMA Brotherhood, and watched that. I liked it even more than I did the first anime. After that, I read the manga. Loved it 1000x better than either animes. :'D Now I'm trying to get my friend who's only watched the first anime and the movie to watch Brotherhood if not read the manga. ^^

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
Blue Sky
post Aug 10 2010, 04:01 AM
Post #454

Citizen

Member No.: 75,068

I found out about FMA when the series aired here in Canada a few years ago. There was an anime block that aired on Friday nights, and I would occasionally watch it when there was nothing else on. I watched it irregularly though, so of course I knew I wasn't going to understand a lot of things; but I began understanding the basic concepts.

Unfortunately, by the time I started getting into anime, the channel removed some of the series that had already finished airing - including FMA. I was a bit disappointed, but continued watching whatever else was still airing at the time. I pretty much forgot about the series after that, but I made myself a little metal note to maybe watch it again someday along with the other series I never really got a chance to see.

I ended up watching various other anime series, and it was about late summer last year (2009) when I found out about Brotherhood and how it completely follows the plot of the manga when the first series didn't as much. Even though I never saw all of the first series (maybe 10? 20 episodes tops?), I pretty much already knew what happened in the end from unintentionally reading about it online and seeing fan art. Since the Brotherhood episodes were already airing in their 20's and I didn't know if I had the time to see ALL of the first series and still savour Brotherhood while it was still new, I chose to go with watching the latter first. At the time, I decided I was more interested in what was current and wanted to see the real story. Needless to say, I really enjoyed it - and I often came here to read all the discussions and started reading the latest chapters of the manga.

My best friend who also likes anime is interested in the series - and we plan on watching it together (that way I can see all of the first series). Although, knowing how busy she has been lately, I'm probably going to have to wait a while. ;-; But I really look forward to seeing it with her and I hope she enjoys it as much as I do. She watches more shoujo than shonen, so I was happy when she said she wouldn't mind seeing it.

I think it's funny that - after reading some of these posts - some thought that Al was a robot or something, haha. I don't remember if I ever thought the same thing, but I think I recall flipping the channels early on and wondering, "Why does that guy have a little kid voice?" Then immediately after I think Al said something about his soul being inside that body, and then I was like, "Oh, okay." XD

+Quote Post
Amalthea
post Aug 20 2010, 08:55 PM
Post #455

Alchemists

Member No.: 44,604

I saw few scattered bits of it five years ago on Adult Swim. I had disregarded it at the time, and then during junior year of high school my friends lended me the first DVD of FMA.

Believe it or not, my love didn't begin there. I thought it was interesting, but I was bored and turned off with the amount of filler episodes that exist early on in the first anime.

Later on in early 2007 I returned to the anime and found it fascinating. I watched it entirely and had to purchase all the DVDS! Then I found out about the manga and read a few random parts, and I pretty much fell in love with it. I read further and further into it and my interest rocketed up immeasureably! o.o

And now it holds the title of my Favorite Anime & Manga Series, Ever biggrin.gif

--------------------

Thank you, Ms. Arakawa, for sharing this wonderful, enriching story that has affected so many of us!

+Quote Post
von Hohenheim
post Aug 21 2010, 07:16 AM
Post #456

Citizen

Member No.: 75,118

I already knew it existed through friends and their fanart, but never had an interest in it until someone suggested I draw Hohenheim. The I got curious as to who he was, and decided to read the manga to find out.

--------------------

Seit mein Körper sich geändert hat, habe ich zahllose Todesfälle eingesehen. Ich habe beobachtet, wie Freunde alt werden und sterben... habe ganz verwandelnde Orte angesehen, die ich mich früher errinere. Ich schau an, wie Menschen, wieder und wieder, die gleiche Fehler wieder holen und niemals lernen sie von die Vergangenheit. Doch meine einzige Befreiung, ist es mich selbst zu errinern, daß ich noch ein Fleck mitten dem großerem Bild der Sache bin. Da gibt es noch ein menge schöne einzige Dinge, die ich mag schon erfahren... Daran dachte ich, es würde wunderbar sein... Liebe Trisha, als ich du traf und wir Kinder haben, habe ich erkannt, daß ich niemals mich ändern würde und auch wenn unsere Söhne mein Blut in ihren Venen tragen, werden sie sich erwaschen. Sie werden Alter bekommen. Davon hat diese Gedanke mich erschreckt. Danach dachte ich, im Ernst...bin ich Monster.

+Quote Post
Full Metal SHORT...
post Aug 26 2010, 04:12 AM
Post #457

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,454

I was completly obsessed by the third episode. It was completely amazing. At first I was like, "Full... metal... alchemist?? Sounds weird..." I was turned down by the title!!! Can you believe that?!
But once I got past my title troubles, it was truly amazing!!!! Now my saying at school is HAGANE NO RENKINJUSTUSHI!!! Everyone things I'm crazy XD

--------------------

OK, so I'm tall in real life... just imagine me as short... :)

+Quote Post
riceking17
post Aug 28 2010, 07:58 AM
Post #458

Citizen

Member No.: 75,290

I was watch Tech tv (known as G4 now) and they had a special about anime games and one of them was FMA they talked about the plot and the characters and was immediately interested in the anime but I knew I would have no luck ever seeing it, but on the same night adultswim showed the first promo of fma I think it played the overtune song if I remember anyways I've been hooked ever since.

+Quote Post
Equivalent-Excha...
post Jan 16 2011, 03:38 PM
Post #459

Citizen

Member No.: 76,736

I guess I was just watching adult swim. I didn't know anything about it before. The first episode I saw was when Ed did the state alchemist exam. After that, I was hooked. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Jan 18 2011, 08:58 PM
Post #460

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

This commercial right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or9sFZVZiBo...feature=related lol

I would see it on every morning at 5 AM on Adult Swim. I remember thinking it was the creepiest thing ever. I told myself "There's no way I'm ever watching that show."

I used to make fun of my sister and say that Ed was her boyfriend, because she thought that the commercial was creepy too. But eventually she started watching it online for some reason. And I decided to sit and watch it with her.

I would have never imagined that years later it'd be my favorite manga and anime series.

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
xUltimate_Shield...
post Jan 18 2011, 09:13 PM
Post #461

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,845

Me and my friend decided it'd be good to watch some "popular" animes so we could see what other people tended to be really into. My friend had seen FMA before (only about the first 20 episodes of the first anime) and had wanted me to watch it for a while... but I didn't xD

Then we watched the whole first anime together xD After that I started reading the manga.

--------------------

Roy x Riza ~ Ling x Lan Fan ~ Ed x Winry ~ Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
KingLes98
post Jan 21 2011, 05:34 PM
Post #462

Citizen

Member No.: 76,676

I watched it on an Canadian TV station called YTV and at first I didn't really get into it. At that time my tastes were REALLY specific. I wanted an anime adventure show with some action and a world I could get sucked into. It wasn't until I got older when I was REALLY into anime and I've decided to give FMA another shot by buying the DVD boxset and after I realized that FMA was just that all along. I was really sad when the I finished the series plus movie ;_; cuz I knew I would never find anything else quite like it.

+Quote Post
lovechibi
post Apr 30 2011, 07:49 PM
Post #463

Citizen

Member No.: 80,398

my sister was watching FMA on her computer and i wanted to watch it, but she wouldnt let me because apparently i was too young -_-lol (i was in 7th grade i think)
it was more of a rebellious sort of thing haha. but i started to watch it w.o telling her and came to just LOVE IT!! and years later Brotherhood came out and i liked that too, but i already read the comic so knew the story. so the original FMA anime was impactful for me smile.gif

OT: btw. there's a MOE TOURNAMENT going on right now and ROY MUSTANG is in SEMIFINALS.
I made a thread about it. The voting starts tomorrow! If anyone is interested, please check out my thread.

+Quote Post
EdokunEdo
post Apr 30 2011, 08:12 PM
Post #464

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,434

My friend just kept pestering me on it so i rented it and iv never been the same since...

--------------------
"Sup" - Cry

+Quote Post
kazare
post Apr 30 2011, 11:18 PM
Post #465

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,582

I am bored like hell so I switched on the TV and one of our local television networks are airing it... Since then I cried when I miss an ep. Well I am only 7 then....

--------------------

Love what you need to love. Avoid Hatred or loathing as much as possible.
Add: Facebook Tumblr Twitter

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 09:34 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css