HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

68 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread (for Content Up To Episode 62): Warning! Spoilers Abound!, Reported episode titles (currently up to 63)/previews on page 1
Rating 5 V
Full Metal Elf
post Apr 14 2009, 12:04 PM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,332

QUOTE (fullmoon @ Apr 14 2009, 03:22 AM) *
QUOTE (Full Metal Elf @ Apr 14 2009, 04:03 PM) *
^^ AHA...that part was awesome!

I agree...they can't skip Yoki and Youswell!! It's so important later especially because of all people, Yoki becomes important later and teams up with scar (which still makes me giggle, btw)

I don't know! I honestly feel I can't judge this new series until I see the entire first season and how it's paced. I wouldn't have fallen for the other anime without watching the WHOLE thing (honestly, as interesting as Lior was in the first one, it was also kind of boring IMO). I fell in love with FMA1 after getting past Lab 5 and Scar and such.

So far, I like the pacing though and I'm keeping an open mind. biggrin.gif

*laughs* Yay! Just look at his evil expression. It's so funny XD.

Yes, i agree with you too. That's why i haven't stopped blabbing about Yoki because he is important in the manga and has a bigger role.

Same, 2 episodes is not nearly enough to base a judgment.
I re-watched the Lior episodes in the first anime series and i really liked it but i see where your coming from. As i felt the same way at one point until i watched it so many times XD.

Good on ya, that's the best way to enjoy the new series wink.gif

I know, so I hope they find a way to work Youswell in somehow. I'm not a huge fan of them rushing through all this early stuff...buuut...I have my hopes-up that it'll slow down soon. Once they get past the stuff that was animated already in FMA1.

To me the first major changes between the manga and FMA1 happen with Nina/Tucker (Scar killing both of them and not just Nina). And with Lab 5 (No Chimera!Tucker and Greed being released at end and such). . It'll be when that stuff happens I'll really be paying attention. I really need to go back and re-read the first few volumes of the manga and remember what happened when and how fast in that format.

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Miranger
post Apr 14 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #32

Citizen

Member No.: 67,952

First off let me say how glad i am i found this site where people are discussing this new season of FMA!

My question is: Does anyone know exactly what should we expect from this season or version of the anime?
after watching the first 2 episodes it seems like they're just gonna show the story again with small changes
as of right now just playing catch up. But im wondering exactly where does the "changes" actually begin....
or should we just expect the same story retold and then add more to it...

because let me be honest i am excited to see this cartoon comeback but thoroughly disappointed that it was basically a
recap from the old one as of right now.

--------------------
-Tha King

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Apr 14 2009, 12:26 PM
Post #33

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

QUOTE (Miranger @ Apr 14 2009, 01:20 PM) *
First off let me say how glad i am i found this site where people are discussing this new season of FMA!

My question is: Does anyone know exactly what should we expect from this season or version of the anime?
after watching the first 2 episodes it seems like they're just gonna show the story again with small changes
as of right now just playing catch up. But im wondering exactly where does the "changes" actually begin....
or should we just expect the same story retold and then add more to it...

because let me be honest i am excited to see this cartoon comeback but thoroughly disappointed that it was basically a
recap from the old one as of right now.

Hi Miranger. Welcome to the forums! Yep, we all are FMA obsessed.
Well, have you ever read the manga? Well, if yes, you'll know the differences between the manga and the first anime. They are really, really really different. It starts with Dr. Tuckers death, it's different. The end of the anime is completely different with the manga storyline, there are tons of differences.

Well, and now they are creating an Anime, what's more manga based.
So, there will be alot of differences later, don't worry wink.gif

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 14 2009, 01:17 PM
Post #34

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@Miranger - Welcome to the board!! ^^ Yeah, as black~hayate explained it so well, it is going to be a remake of FMA anime, based on manga FMA, and not a sequel of the last FMA anime series. But, it's a different story, so I hope you will enjoy watching this series also!! ^^

QUOTE (Gukumatz @ Apr 14 2009, 03:56 AM) *
I find it curious that they are calling Leto (which is the closest thing FMA has to church Christianity* in the manga) heretical... according to who? I think according to alchemists like Edward Elric and their ideas about Equivalent Exchange. It's another point for alchemy being like a religion to its practicioners. It's a way of life for them. It's funny, because in that story arc it is the people of Lior who are calling Edward the heretic. Hahaha. It's one of those words... whoever grabs it first... ....

@Gukumatz - Exactly!! That was the kind of thought going through my mind while I was translating. biggrin.gif I thought of opting to translate Leto as "cult," but that might invoke some wrong image also, so I opted out to translate just as what the raw says, and wait and see how the official sub would treat this. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Miranger
post Apr 14 2009, 04:02 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 67,952

I didn't read the manga so this should be new to me!
Hopefully it doesn't have a weird ending like the shambala movie.

--------------------
-Tha King

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Apr 14 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #36

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

The manga is still going! You should read it. biggrin.gif It has a truly amazing story. happy.gif

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Apr 14 2009, 04:31 PM
Post #37

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (Miranger @ Apr 14 2009, 04:02 PM) *
I didn't read the manga so this should be new to me!
Hopefully it doesn't have a weird ending like the shambala movie.

Read the manga as it's still on-going. All of the characters that you know of are more fleshed-out in terms of their relations & motives regarding other people and they also introduce characters that weren't featured in the previous season. Plus the hierarchy of the Homonculi is different as well.

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Apr 14 2009, 04:34 PM
Post #38

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

Yeah, you really should read it. Because it's easier to understand the new anime when you readed the manga. You'll see. And it's really exciting, and very very very awesome, so you have nothing to loose =P

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Apr 20 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

Who here thinks that we will have a filler in episode 4 or 5 (more likely 4) where we will see Scar take care of Basque Gran? I'm sure we've seen the Iron Blood Alchemist's alchemy in one of the teaser, and I think they will most likely showcase a little bit of his execution by Scar.

+Quote Post
Sword Alchemist
post Apr 20 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #40

Alchemists

Member No.: 17,591

I'm looking forward to seeing Denny Brosh and Maria Ross make their appearance.

In the manga, Maria is more of a major character. And Denny doesn't seem as dorky as his season 1 counterpart. Their going to be actual characters, not just comic relief.

+Quote Post
spectator
post Apr 20 2009, 10:53 AM
Post #41

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

talking about the military dogs, i wonder when black hayate, the true military dog, will be introduced. Since in the manga, i recall that the story of how Riza adopted Hayate is appeared in the gaiden.

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Apr 20 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #42

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

^^
They have to remake Fullmetal vs. Flame! happy.gif happy.gif;;

lol...I'd watch it again. Best episode ever.

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Apr 20 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #43

Apprentice

Does anybody else think they're gonna cry come the next episode? The first season Nina story had me absolutely bawling. I'm really sensitive though. ^^;

--------------------

+Quote Post
fullmoon
post Apr 20 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #44

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,068

QUOTE (Kyelinn @ Apr 21 2009, 01:49 PM) *
Does anybody else think they're gonna cry come the next episode? The first season Nina story had me absolutely bawling. I'm really sensitive though. ^^;

Definitely, I felt such sadness and sorrow for Nina after watching episode 7 of the first series ( and i was rather terrified after learning what Tucker had done). It was really really powerful and I'm sure the episode 4 of brotherhood will be the same.

Scar should be introduced in the next episode (having just reread chapter 5) and i can't wait to hear his voice!

I'm really looking forward to the episodes coming up! It's going to be exciting! Hopefully they can slip in Youswell somewhere...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post Apr 20 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #45

Apprentice

Haha I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. Even the manga chapter had me all choked up. I think it was poor Ed's expressions and words at that point, plus all the rain too really sets the mood. It's so sad.

Oooh I know, I'm so eager for Scar to show up! It's gonna be so good! I wonder if they'll be able to get Youswell in there or not...Yoki is going to play an important part later on in the manga! >.< They'd best not cut him out!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

68 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 11:57 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css