Joined: 10-April 06
From: Pflugerville, Texas
Member No.: 34,479
I'm looking for some Drama CD lyrics:
Fullmetal Alchemist Hagaren Housoukyoku Clip Fullmetal Alchemist Drama CD Itsuwari no Hikari Shinjitsu no Kage Fullmetal Alchemist Drama CD Ogtare of the Mist Part 1 Fullmetal Alchemist Drama CD Ogtare of the Mist Part 2 Fullmetal Alchemist Drama CD Sareki no Daichi Fullmetal Alchemist Drama CD The Crown Jewel of Heaven Part 1 Fullmetal Alchemist Drama CD The Crown Jewel of Heaven Part 2 Fullmetal Alchemist Drama CD The Scars of the Unforgiven
Fullmetal Alchemist Drama CD The Crown Jewel of Heaven Tracks 1-3
-Characters- Edward Elric Alphonse Elric Roy Mustang Riza Hawkeye Anzelott (Ange) Elland Albert Heintz
-STORY - (Translated from the back cover)
The self-governed dominion of Elland, ruled by a renknowed alchemist family. Since antiquity they have handed down the power of the mysterious alchemical stone the "Tear of Heaven" and have used it's power to govern the land... Hearing rumors of it, Ed and Al head to Elland, with hope that the "Tear of Heaven" will provide some kind of clue to the "Philosopher's Stone." After saving the young alchemist girl, Ange, from attackers, the two are about to be swept up in a large plot that will shake all of Elland...!!
- - -Track 1- - -
:The music is all bright, Ed and Al are walking through a forest:
Look, Al! Over there, a squirrel. It's soo cute! [Ed]
Yeah, it really is cute... [Al]
:The music stops with a Bii sound:
...and small. [Al]
:The music starts up again:
A-anyway... Walking through the woods sure is fun! See there, the trees are all so... [Ed]
All so withered up? [Al]
:There is the sound of a branch snapping before the music starts up again:
A-ahh. What's it called again? The place we're heading to? [Ed]
Elland Castle. It's a castle-town in the heart of the self-governed territory of Elland. [Al]
Y-yeah, yeah! And there's supposed to be that mysterious jewel there, right? [Ed]
Yep. I hope it provides some clues to finding the Philosopher's Stone. [Al]
:The music stops and becomes all comically disappointing:
But more importantly...is that no matter how much we walk, we aren't getting out of this forest... [Al]
It-it'll be fine! Like the old man back in town said, 'you'll be able to see the castle after half a day's walk!' [Ed]
We're way past half a day! Geez, it's already evening and everywhere we turn it's all forest! [Al]
...What are you trying to say? [Ed]
Perhaps if we followed the main road like we were told, we wouldn't be lost...certainly isn't what I want to say. [Al]
:Ed hits him:
You just said it! What? Do you think it's -my- fault we're lost? [Ed]
(Sigh)...I was against it. But you were the one who said it would be a shortcut to leave the forest, Brother! Honestly! [Al]
You brute! [Girl's Voice]
:Ed hits him again:
'Brute?!' Al! Just who do you think you're calling a brute! [Ed]
Please, let me through. [Girl's Voice]
Heheheh. Sorry, no can do princess. [Man's Voice]
What's that? [Ed]
Brother, over here! Let's check it out! [Al]
:Some slightly suspenseful music kicks up:
- - -
Monthly Shonen Gangan presents: Fullmetal Alchemist Drama CD - Crown of the Heavens - part one [Ed]
- - -
Who are you men? Are you agents of Albert? [Girl]
:A mysterious sort of background melody starts, and the man cocks his gun:
Nothing for you to concern yourself about. You just need to get caught nice and easy. [Male Rogue]
:The group of rogues laugh:
I refuse! I won't return to the castle! [Girl]
:Ed and Al approach the scene, they duck into the bushes:
Brother, over there! A group of bad looking men have that girl surrounded! [Al]
Yeah, what the heck is going on? [Ed]
Heh! It's four to one, you can't resist us. [Male Rogue]
Per-perhaps, you shouldn't just treat me like I'm some weak girl! [Girl]
:She pulls out something and starts to draw a transmutation circle in the dirt:
Ah! That's a transmutation circle. [Al]
Behold the royal alchemic technique passed down through the Elland family! Hyaa! [Girl]
:There is the sound of a reaction and a large amount of dirt crumbling up:
The ground is curling up into balls and... Hey! They're heading this way! Aaaah! [Ed]
:They head straight for Ed and send him flying off:
Guah! Ouch... [Ed]
:Ed marches straight out into the scene to confront the girl:
Hey! Don't use it like that! You've got your targets wrong! [Ed]
:A sort of embarrassed 'sweatdrop' sound:
Don't 'huh' me! [Ed]
Who are you! [Male Rogue]
Ah, eh, we're just some travelers passing by. We've lost our way and... [Al]
Keh! Too bad they saw us. We'll have to dispose of them first! [Male Rogue]
:They all aim their guns at the brothers:
'Dispose of us'? Wait, we just... [Al]
:(Despite having guns) The rogues charge at them:
Hah, what a bother. [Ed]
Get a good look. Alchemy... [Ed]
:There is another reaction and the ground sounds like it opens up, taking out all the rogues:
...is done like that. Those guys didn't seem willing to put up much of a fight. [Ed]
:Al walks up:
Are you alright? It's seems to be over now. [Al]
You have my gratitude for saving me. Wo~w, what a large armored person! And... [Girl]
:Cue expected effects of Ed freaking out, the music changes to a lighthearted theme:
I-I'm sorry. Compared to the large armor you just looked... [Girl]
Shut up! Stop right there! Forget my height, do I -look- like a fairy?! [Ed]
:Ed indicates the comparison:
Ahh, you shouldn't fight with girls, Brother. Calm down, okay? [Al]
Um, well thank you very much. I-I'm in a hurry so, I have to get going now! [Girl]
:The girl runs off:
Ah...She's gone. Will she be alright? [Al]
'Don't care. Just leave her. [Ed]
Waah! [Girl's Voice]
...What is it now? [Ed]
:The sound effects of a scene change:
I-I'm sorry but, it would be a great help if you could get me down... [Girl]
She's caught in a net. [Al]
:The net is swinging back and forth, slowly:
It's the kind of traps hunters set up in the forest. They don't catch humans, typically. [Ed]
We'll get you down, just hold still a moment, okay? [Al]
:There is a different sort of embarrassed sound the music fades out:
You've saved me twice, thank you very much. May I learn your names? [Girl]
I'm Alphonse. Alphonse Elric. [Al]
Edward Elric. And you? [Ed]
Um, me? My name is Anze...uh, no, um, you see, ah! Yes, that's it! I'm Ange. Ange. [Ange]
"Yes, that's it"? Whatever. Anyway, you look pretty unsteady, so try not to get in too much trouble. Let's go, Al. [Ed]
Ah, okay. [Al]
:They start to leave:
Oh! Please wait! Edward-san, Alphonse-san! [Ange]
Yeah? What? [Ed]
:A 'baroque' style piece of music starts up:
I, I have a request to ask. Would you please protect me? [Ange]
From more traps? [Ed]
N-not that! From, ah, um, you see... [Ange]
Ah, you think those fellows from before might attack again, right? [Al]
Yes...I can't keep my heart from worrying if I'm alone. [Ange]
I got a question first. Why are they after you? [Ed]
Ah, the reason is... I'm afraid I can't say for now. [Ange]
An excuse, huh? This smells fishy... [Ed]
But, Brother, we can't just leave her. [Al]
Al. We're going to Elland Castle. We don't have the time to loiter around you know. [Ed]
That's true, but... Oh, I know. Ange-san! [Al]
You're from Elland right? [Al]
We happened to be heading to the castle, but we got lost. Perhaps you know a way out of the forest? It would be great if you could lead us out. Then, during that time we can all work together, right, Brother? [Al]
But, um, I... the castle... [Ange]
Just to the main road is fine. After that you can do what you want. We'll head to the castle. [Ed]
Alright. That will be enough for me. If you please! [Ange]
It's set! Okay, let's get started out before nightfall. Ange-san, we're counting on you. [Al]
Alright! Now then, follow me please! It's this way! [Ange]
:She starts before coming to a quick stop, the music takes a turn back to the light hearted comical theme:
...This...! Might not be it. Maybe, there? Err... Uwaah! [Ange]
:Ange falls right into a pit trap:
...I'm having a really bad feeling about this. [Ed]
Eheheh. But, at least she's not a bad person, it seems. [Al]
- - -End of Track 1- - -
:There is a little bit of flourishy music and the sound of glasses clinking:
Fufufu... Well, Sir Mustang, are you finding Elland Castle to your liking? [Woman]
:Another clink (2):
Quite awe-inspiring. A fitting castle to suit the prestigious alchemists of the Elland family. I'm sure you could search the whole country over and not find such an architectural masterpiece. [Roy]
Well spoken. I hope you enjoy your time here until the Succession Ceremony. [Woman]
:Another clink (3):
About the... Succession Ceremony, you see. [Roy]
Hmm? What might it be? [Woman]
I understand that when the previous leader passed away,* Lady Angelott was still quite young. And because of that, a relative, Duke Albert has acted as a proxy. [Roy]
:*Another clink (4):
Yes, Lord Albert is doing such an excellent job. [Woman]
And I've heard, the Succession Ceremony for the next leader is also to be celebrating the wedding ceremony between Lady Angelott and Duke Albert. [Roy]
Yes. Lord Albert will become her husband, and at the same time the official leader of the Elland Family.* I think it is good fate on her part. Lady Angelott has a weak body, and so cannot appear often in public. [Woman]
:Another clink (5):
So I see. It appears she hasn't shown herself at this party tonight either. [Roy]
Now, now. Rather than such conversation, wouldn't you prefer to dance with me? [Woman]
Eh, y-yes. Glady. [Roy]
Madam, were you not dancing with him just a minute ago? It is my turn next. [Woman2]
It was not me with him earlier. And therefore, I am next! [Woman]
That is a lie! I am next! Now here! [Woman2]
:She grabs onto him and he is yanked away:
No, It's me! Isn't that right!! [Woman]
:She grabs back pulling Roy along:
But you were just talking to him a moment ago! [Woman2]
What about you? Sir Mustang looks like he refuses! [Woman]
:The two 'clash' over him:
Now, now, ladies. Please, calm youselves.* (I can't take this...) [Roy]
:*Another clink (6):
:Riza approaches the scene:
Colonel Mustang, if I may...? [Riza]
Ah, Lieutenant Hawkeye. What's up? [Roy]
Your presence is requested for a meeting concerning the Succession Ceremony. [Riza]
Oh, really! Ladies, I apologize but I must be going. [Roy]
Oh no! [Both Women]
We shall have to save dancing for another time. I greatly anticipate it. [Roy]
Yes! Of course! [Both Women]
:Roy discards them both:
Then, if you excuse me. Let's go, Lieutenant. [Roy]
:They leave the party hall, the large door closes behind them:
You did well, Colonel. [Riza]
You saved me there. How is it that court ladies can love dancing that much? [Roy]
(Junbanmachi ga dekitemashita yo.) Wasn't it for the best? [Riza]
They see us like some sort of spectacle. It just shows the extent to which outsiders are rare here. [Roy]
:They continue walking:
This dominion is awfully barred down isn't it? [Riza]
Though they are a territory of the east, it appears that the breadth of authority granted to them by the founder's previous good service is playing a part in this. Given that, even should Duke Albert fall under suspicion of treason to the state, the territory's self-authority will act as a protective wall, and we would not be able to investigate it fully. [Roy]
Forgery, the creation of illegal drugs, and experimentation beyond the limits of the state in matters of... Chimera research. [Riza]
Essentially he's doing as he pleases. And thanks to that the castle has become like such. However, since Duke Albert becam the leader by proxy, the dominion has grown wild, and the forest has become rampant. [Roy]
There was talk of a protective jewel passed down through the Elland family, called the "Tear of Heaven" correct? [Riza]
Yes, but the only one with the right to handle it, the real successor to the Elland family, Lady Anzelott, has seemingly come down with an illness. Of interest is that these past several years, no one other than Duke Albert and his inner circle have been allowed to see her. [Roy]
It's very suspicious. Do you suppose they have her under house arrest? [Riza]
Most likely. As if that wasn't enough, now there's the ceremony they're holding for Anzelott's succession. Duke Albert is likely plotting to take hold of all of Elland. I doubt he has any intentions of serving her. [Roy]
:They stop as another approaches:
Well now, if it isn't Colonel Mustang and Lieutenant Hawkeye. Escaping the party already? [Man]
As I am here under military authority, I find my position improper for such showy occasions, Duke Albert. [Roy]
How disciplined you are. However, since the two of you have arrived, the castle has been buzzing with rumors about you. You hardly appear to be military personal, rather, a stunning couple of a handsome man and a beautiful woman. [Albert]
Ahahahah. Lieutenant Hawkeye, seems you've received quite a generous compliment. [Roy]
I'm greatly obliged. [Riza]
Since the days of the founder, Elland has always shared a deep connection with the military. For generations the succession ceremoy has been carried out before a high ranking military official. Please feel at ease here. [Albert]
Then, perhaps we could pay a visit to see after Lady Anzelott? [Roy]
Ah...I'm quite sorry, but we'll have to ask you to decline. She's been resting till the ceremony, you see. I'm sure as well that Anzelott wouldn't want to appear poorly before you. [Albert]
I understand. Of course, we wouldn't dare to impose on her. [Roy]
I'm sure that you will be able to see her in health at the ceremony. [Albert]
Then I'll look forward to it. [Roy]
:Albert starts off:
Now then, I must be going. [Albert]
Yes. I believe you've kept the ladies in the party hall waiting. [Roy]
Hahah. I think you may be overestimating me there. [Albert]
He didn't show the slightest reaction at our offer of a visit. [Riza]
I suppose he was expecting it. Now then, where to go from here? [Roy]
- - -Track 2 End- - -
:An owl hoots, in addition to other night sounds:
And so, this is how it goes...? [Ed]
It's quite dark out now. [Al]
I-I'm so sorry! In truth... I too was rather lost and... [Ange]
:The energetic comical theme starts up:
Well, there's no helping it. Guess we'll just camp out here tonight? [Ed]
I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! [Ange]
Ah, please, don't get upset, Ange-san. Brother and I are already quite used to this happening. [Al]
Well... but... [Ange]
Now, where will we sleep...? [Ed]
Oh! Please, feel free to leave that matter to me! [Ange]
What? [Ed and Al]
In apology for causing you both trouble, I'll use my alchemy to create us a cute house! [Ange]
T-tha-that's alright, you don't need to! [Al]
No refusing! [Ange]
:Ange starts to sketch out a transmutation circle:
Gh! Now wait just a minute!! [Ed]
:Ed runs off:
Ah? Brother?! [Al]
Al! I'll be seeking shelter over here! [Ed]
The royal alchemic technique passed down through the Elland family - Here I go! Eii! [Ange]
:The results buzz off straight for Ed...with the expected results:
:Ed runs back up to her:
Seriou~sly Are you doing this on purpose?!! [Ed]
:More owls now, with a fire crackling in the background:
Huh? Well... She certainly can use alchemy... I wonder if she just has the components mixed up? [Al]
Not that. [Ed]
Oh, the other thing. The "passed down through the Elland family..." She did say it herself. [Al]
And surrounded by that gang she also said, "I won't return to the castle." [Ed]
Brother, they were talking about Elland in the last town right? A long time ago it was a deserted wasteland, and no one could live there. Until the Elland family founder used alchemy to transmute the "Tear of Heaven," and using it's power he returned it to a green and bountiful land... [Al]
Yeah. And we figured that the stone might be a hint to the Philosopher's Stone. [Ed]
Forget these overgrown woods, we've got ourselves in some mess here. But anyways... [Ed]
We have to worry about getting out of this forest first. I'm gonna sleep too. Gotta preserve some energy and wake up in the morning ready to go. [Ed]
:Ed curls up, presumably in cat-pose:
Eheheh. Good night... [Al]
:The next morning they are all walking again:
It's already past noon again..... How can one forest be so huge? [Ed]
Ange-san, are you still okay? If you're tired, I can carry you on my back... [Al]
N-no, that's alright, I... Oh! But perhaps...! [Ange]
Surely, you should help your poor older brother who is holding up so well with such a small body! [Ange]
:The cheery baroque piece starts up again:
Aaaah! What did I do to deserve getting made fun of by you!!! [Ed]
:A popping sound. Of what, who knows? Ange's delusions, Ed's temper, Al's patience?:
Ah! Brother! Brother, calm down! You're just exhausted, is all. [Al]
:Ed faints to the ground:
Aahhh...I think I'm going to suffocate here..... [Ed]
:Al catches (?) him:
Are you okay? Wait, I know! How about this! Brother, you two wait here and rest, and I'll travel ahead to check our path. That way we don't have to waste energy, right? [Al]
:Al turns to go. Ed gives him a big hug:
Ahh~!! Little brother!! Al, you're such a great guy! Big brother's bestest little brother~!! [Ed]
You're so easy to please... Then, Ange-san, please wait here, okay? [Al]
:Al tromps off and the music ends:
Haah. Eh, I'm so thirsty. We're out of water too... [Ed]
U-um... Edward-san... [Ange]
Yeah? What is it? [Ed]
Do you think that, my skills with alchemy are...no good? [Ange]
They're no good. [Ed]
Hau~ That's mean... You didn't have to say it... It's true that even when I was young, I was always told that I was no good. I'm sure I don't have any talent... [Ange]
That's not it. At least, you can start a transmutation, right? The reason you fail at the end, is because you lack the strong will needed to carry it out. You could call it determination if you want. [Ed]
Work for it as if risking your own life doesn't matter. Look at it like that... and determination is easy. [Ed]
That may be... but... [Ange]
Brother!! A village! I can see a small village from here! [Al's Voice]
- - -End of Track 3- - -
There's seven tracks in total. Track four is one of the longest. But I can't seem to find it! If you want to continue be my guest! The more lyrics the better!
Joined: 20-April 06
From: ::....In a flask....::
Member No.: 34,936
There is a transalation of a comic cd drama wich has been posted and done/ made by Tombow ( it from a cd drama comic collection) : リザ 「おつかれのようですね、マスタング大佐」 ロイ 「ああ、ホークアイ中尉か。軍人などなるものではないと痛感しているところさ」 リザ 「他の職に就かれている大佐は想像できませんけど」 ロイ 「その評価、よろこんでいいものかな。――で、君に任せている件はどうだ」 リザ 「はい。バローナを含め、この地域には複数の犯罪組織が存在するようです。くわしい調査はこれからですが……」 ロイ 「わかった、引き続きたのむ。」 リザ 「了解しました。」 ロイ 「ふぅ――…」
Riza: "You look tired, Colonel Mustang."
Roy: "Oh, Lieutenant Hawkeye, I'm keenly realizing that maybe I shouldn't have chosen the military man as my career."
Riza: "I can't imagine Colonel as anything else."
Roy: "I don't know whether I shoould be pleased with that assessment, or... By the way, how are you doing with the case I assigned you??"
Riza: "Ah, yes sir, including the Balona region, there seem to be several crime syndicates in this area. I'm yet to to conduct more detailed investigations."
Havoc: "(Still in distance,) Lieutenant Jean Havoc, returning from patrol duty!"
Havoc approaches closer to Roy and Riza.
Havoc: "Reporting to Colonel!! As of now, there are no notable troubles in town!!"
Roy: "You returned late, Havoc."
Havoc: "Well, in addition to the crowd, there was the "pig-chase" parade, and here and there I saw some with light injuries also. Oh, and, I heard that some tourist who did not know well about the parade had inadvertently recieved the flower that proves the qualification for the "pig-chase" parade participant..."
Roy: "Ha, what a silly fool that tourist was!! By the way, Havoc.."
Havoc: "Yes?? what, sir??"
Roy: "You hadn't been goofing around while on patrol, had you??"
Havoc: "Come on, sir, of course not!! I was checking to see if there were anyone suspicious, from one back alley to another..."
Roy: "And, what shop did you stop, and what did you eat during that??"
Havoc: "Is that a trick question, sir?? Nop, I haven't stopped at any shops, or ate any food while on my patrol duty!!"
Riza: "Then, what do you have on your chin??"
Havoc: "Gah!! What??!! I do??"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (Now, the rest of the translations)
Havoc wipes his face with the sleeve of his military uniform for a moment... then,
Roy: "Appreciate your cooperation, Lieutenant (Hawkeye.)"
Riza: "It's my duty to support you, Colonel."
Havoc: "Haha, hahaha, eh, umm, that was only after I've completed my patrolling assignment..."
Roy: "Sure, Havoc. You must be quite tired from walking around outside. I'll give you a special assignment that's indoor, and easy. No brain, required. Go and clean all the bathrooms in the official military residence. Spic and shine, got it??"
Havoc: "(Half crying...) Aw aw, my pleasure, sir..."
Roy: "Oh, and do it without using regular cleaning apparatus."
Dulken: "(Afer clearing his throat with a light cough,) pardon me, Colonel Mustang. I see you're busy at work."
Roy: "Thanks to you, Lieutenant Colonel Dulken."
Dulken approaches Roy and others,
Dulken: "Ouch, that hurts. However, this was the first time we had received such an advance threat form the terroists for the activities during the festival. And, we were not confident enough that us in our Balona jurisdiction alone could handle the festival security for the situation. But, with Colonel Mustang at the helm, we are feeling quite secure and confident that everything will be fine.."
Roy: "I say, you are grossly overestimating my ability."
Dulken: "Haha, please, don't be so modest. You are someone who'd climbed to the rank of Colonel at the young age that's a good generation younger than mine. I'm anticipating to have a glimps of your skills suitable of such a person. Please teach us, ordinary solders, a thing or two while you're here... Ha ha ha!!"
Dulken leaves the room. The door closes.
Havoc: "...Ah, he'd left... (with lower voice) ... Lieutenant Colonel Dulken... so, what was his purpose (of coming here)??"
Roy: "(With small sigh,) of course, to spit out his sarcasm!!"
(End of transcript - translations) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
......if you continue to wish with that strength, the dream will become reality.........
Joined: 10-April 06
From: Pflugerville, Texas
Member No.: 34,479
This is from Hagaren Housoukyoku 2005 - 02 - 18
It’s rather self explanatory, but here’s the basics to read this script: P: Paku-san’s speaking K: Kugimiya-san’s speaking O: Okiayu-san’s speaking “” : They’re reading a letter. ‘’ : When they’re quoting something. ** : an action or BGM explanations. () : anything I have to say
There are several parts to this track. 1 – Introduction ~ personality test 2 – Hagaren Topics ~ Song Insert AD break 3 - Party: Hagaren Secret talk AD break 4 – Hagaren Review AD Break 5 – Ending
- I'm not the most eloquent English speaker, but I tried my best. - It's the easiest if you copy paste this into Word and follow the script while listening to the program. - If you want the AD's translated feel free to ask. I'm not scary. I won't bite you or anything.
Without further Ado~.
- 1 - *BGM: Rewrite By ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION* P: A toukakoukan of talk and laughter. Abaiding by the rules of Rennkinnjyutu this program Rensei’s Hagane no Rennkinnjyutushi information and a happy, enjoyable time. It’s the Aiplex hour! Hagaren Housoukyoku! So~ Everyone~. All the good boys and girls listening to this~. Pallo~. This is the actress for Edward Elric, Paku Romi. K: Pallo~ I’m the actress for Alphonse Elric, Kugimiya Rie. P: Hello Hello. Yes I think we heard a suspicious voice from somewhere. I wonder who that could be? So~ This weeks monthly guest is…This person! O: Paloo~ I’m Scar’s actor, Okiayu Ryoutarou~. K: *laughs* P: What sort of character is that? (refers to strange accent Okiayu is putting on) O: This is no character P+K: OKOK P: So we’d like to make this program enjoyable this week as well. K: Yes! P: How is it? O: It’s end of Year. P: Yes it’s end of year already. O: Have you two done your cleaning already? Do you do it? (The Japanese clean their house spic and span for the new year.) K: I love it P: Yes I have O: You love it? K: yes I do. O: Oh wow. I want you to come clean my house. P: Yeah she loves to clean. My house is so hectic. O+K: Yeah? P: At the beginning of December I thought ‘Yep I’ll do something about this mess’, but that didn’t happen. *all laughs* P: So how about we move on to the first letter. O+K: OK P: We have a letter from ‘Hagaren chuudoku no Renkinnjitushi’ who lives in Saitama. *Paku reads the letter* P: “Paku-san, Kugimiya-san, Okiayu-san, Pallo~ “ P+K: Pallo~ P: “I know it’s a bit sudden, but I’d like to give you a personality test!” O+K: Oh! OK P: “Write ‘Kyouko” Using the Kyou from Tokyo and Ko as in child “on a piece of paper.” O: Kyouko ( a popular girl’s name in Japan) P: Hey don’t call her! So, right. Here we have the finished ‘Kyouko’s. O: (in the back) Kyouko~ K+O: Yes we do. O: We get the results now? P: “First we look at the ‘Kyou’. The bigger the square in the Kyou is, the more younger Personality is.” It means the more infantile you are. “Next, the brush at the bottom of the ‘Ko’. The more it jumps, the stronger willed and patient you are.” What do you think of that? O: Patient? P: Now lets have a look. Kugimiya and Paku Romi’s are very similar. They’re very similar, but Paku Romi’s ‘Ko’ jumps more and thus is stronger willed. The ‘Kyou’ kanji’s square. Here we both have small squares. So…From that we can gather that Kugimiya san is an adult lady. She is an adult lady, but is short tempered. O: Oh yeah I can sort of see that K: Yep that’s right that’s right P: It’s interesting. Now Okiayu san. Between the three of us your square was the smallest and so you’re the most mature. O: Yea~y I’m mature Wheeeee. (childishly) P: And the jump was large so you’re also strong willed and patient. O: I’m a strong willed patient mature boy Yeeeeeaaaaaay. (still childishly) P: I think this personality test’s right. Don’t you think? O: I think it’s right toooooo. (childishly) *all laughs* K: That’s really interesting. P: Yeah it was. Please send lots and lots of personality tests to us. K: So now that it’s getting exciting please stay with us for the whole 30 minutes!
- 2 - P: Right. Next up is where we present the trivial and interesting facts about Hagane no Rennkinnjyutushi. HAGAREN TOPICS!
*BGM changes to something mellow* P: Information is never a load to carry. Lets check the most recent and interesting topics of this program. From ‘Mukiryoku no Renkinnjitushi’ who lives in Saitama. O: Mukiryoku… (Powerless) P:” I read this in a book called ‘The Hagaren Kenkyuujyo DX’” O: DX! P:” The sound that Taisa (ie Roy) makes when he uses his rennkinnjyutu is actually not a finger click.” O: Hmmmm. Hmmmm. P: “according to the book, ‘the sound is made by the particles in the air chemically reacting with each other under the rennkinnjyutu’” O+K: Wow… O: I keep on nearly saying ‘He~’ K: aaah. P: Did you know that? O: Nope. P: I always thought it was him clicking his fingers K: I did too. O: Then why does he click his fingers? P: Last time us two, no sorry all of us did a ‘double clicking’ didn’t we? K: Yes we did O: yep yep O: That EroEro Majin P: Where I was the ‘Eros no Rennkinnjyutushi’ K: Mhm O: Yes Eros P: Yep it was Erotic. But… All: hmmmmmm. P: I really didn’t know that. K: Nor did I. How…strange O: So like if you move your hands like you’re bribing someone… P: Hey hey. Then it would be clicking everywhere. O: To your superiors. *all laughs* O: Or to your inferiors. P: So then the nuance of the word bribing starts to change. Click. Click. Click. It becomes stop clicking at your superiors. O: Instead of stop bribing your superiors. P: ‘Hey you stop clicking at your superior.’ O: Sounds good P: Yeah it does. K: So if anyone listening now has any interesting facts, please send it to us. P: Yes please please. K: It’s surprising how much we don’t know. P: Yeah it is. K: You’d think we knew so much O: Yeah I know. All the background information and the detail. P: Yeah there’s lots of the fine detail that we don’t know O: Yeah misunderstandings. K+P: Yeah yeah P: Misunderstandings? O: Like the clicky thingy P: Ah yes. O: How it’s actually not a finger clicky thingy P: Yeah it wasn’t. O: So don’t click using both hands. P: Like ‘I’m Eros no Renkinnjyutushi’. *clicks figers* K: So that’s our topic for today. We’re waiting for more Hagaren topics so please send it to us.
P: So now please listen to a song by Roy and the military group chorus. O: Chorus P: “Shounennwo. Shinjiru nakamayo.’
P: That song was by Roy and the military group chorus ‘Shouennyo Shinjiru Nakamayo’. Wasn’t that a lovely chorus.
Aniplex Hour is brought to you by Aniplex. Sony music, and Bandai. Hagaren Housoukyoku!
*AD insert* Haganeno Rennkinnjyutushi DVD 12 AD Hagane no Rennkinnjyutushi Complete Best CD AD Arque DVD AD
- 3 - P: Hagaren Housoukyoku~! Oh this is the last air this year. Ooooooooooooooohhhhhhh. That sounded strange… *Spoken strangely* I’m Edward Elric’s actress. The last time this year, Paku Romi. K: *also strangely* I’m Alphonse Elric’s actress Kugimiya Rie P: You’re awesome! K: That was hard P: Yeah it’s a bit tiring. O: *still strangely* I’m Scar’s actor Okiayu Ryoutarou P: Everyone’s getting good at this. You’re starting to put a little arrangement in yourselves. O: Yeah. But you start it. P+K+O: *Discusses Koshiji Fubuki* P: So before you know it it’s the end of year. So many things happened this year! So to respect everything that happened this year, I’d like to propose an end of year party! O: What sort of party? *all cheers* K: So today at the studio we have Juice and sake and all sorts of things ready. P: Yea~y bring sake. More sake. Bring sake! K: So please everyone listening, P: Hey where’s the sake. Hurry up. K: …eat and drink and enjoy yourselves with us. P +O: *is noisy in the background* K: Lets enjoy a mellow time together O: It’s going to be mellow? K: Paku san, Okiayu san what would you like to drink? P: Sake sake! Bring the sake! O: I’ll have this. K: K’ O: Then we’re going to have cheers. K: cheers? O: On the count of three P: ‘K on the count to three P+O: Three! *drinks (of some sort) open* P: That’s such a good sound O: Bring the mike P: Cheeeeeeerrrrs! *they all clang their drinks together* P: Thanks for this year! *They all drink* O: Aaaahh P: Boy…It’s good… O: Is it that good? P: Ooh Yeah. K: It’s so nice… O: Here are some persimmon seeds. (Japanese eat these seeds as a nibble with their drink) P: What really!? O: Looks like there’s all sorts of things P: They’re not persimmon seeds, it’s… *Paku munches* K: Dried squid P: Dried squid O: Squi…You’re going to be chewing on that forever you know. P: I can easily eat 3 packs of squid this (is probably showing using her hands) size K: Really? O: I can’t chew on that. *pathetically* I’m just so old… P: Oh you’re so old…Poor you O: Hey hey! P: And the reason that we’ve been able to keep this program going for this whole year is thanks to everyone who’ve been listening and supporting us. O: Yes thank you for listening to a program like this P: What do you mean ‘like this’? You meanie. *all laughs* P: 2004. All sorts of things happened this year didn’t it? K+O: Yeah… P: So let’s look back on 2004 and talk about all the backstage things that happened in Hagaren that you can say here now that it’s all been and gone. O: What backstage of Hagaren? P: Yep. I name it, THE GREAT RENSEI OF THE HAGAREN SECRET TALK! *all cheers* O: Great Rensei! P: Yeah Yeah . Oh damn I’m getting drunk. *like a drunk sleaze* Hey Rie come closer. O: Hey hey hey. K: Oh you’re so cute. P: You’ve got one lovely bum. O: You drunk. Stop it there. P: So! I would like Okiayu san to start with a little secret! O: What me? Secret talk…Like little things that happened while we were recording? P: Yeah. Whatever you can think of. K: Yeah. Anything. O: Well…Scar doesn’t talk with many characters during the story right? P: Yeah Yeah. O: Hey are you listening to me? P: Yeah yeah. Yep I am. O: But y’know. Sometimes people call his name. Scar. P: Yeah the name Scar comes out a lot. O: There was a scene where, someone who normally doesn’t call Scar’s name called him. But on the script it had Ska. *all giggles* K: What really? O: Really P: Let’s hear that again. O: (with a high voice) What really? K: Sorry, I couldn’t believe it. O: And then that person read ‘bla bla bla Ska’ P: Hey that gives away who it is completely O: Well yeah he’s a great sempai of mine P: ‘Hagane no.’ O: ‘Hagane no’ K: Oh no. There’s lots of Bloodray san. P: ‘Roy Mustang’ O: ‘Roy Mustang’ P: ‘Do you have a question about what I’m doing.’ O: ‘I have this eye…’ That’s the sort of person he is. P: I love Hidekatu san O: He’s a great senpai. P: He’s amazing. But the stance he takes while recording, he’s such a lovely person. O: And he’s so young. P: He really is. O: All the people around that age group are so youthful. It’s amazing. P: Not only are they young, but tyrannic. O: What? P: No not exactly tyrannic. In a good way. O: They’re steadfast. P: Yeah that’s the one. They’re so sure of themselves and stick with what they believe. The same with colonel Armstong, Utsumi san. O: Utsumi san’s different again P: Yeah that’s true. O: It really is cheery P: Yeah everyone is, but you’re all so reserved and polite. On top of that everyone’s so happy and friendly. It’s so lovely. O: Hey we’re running out of nibbles P: Nibbles? Oh I’ve been gorging down the dried squid. O: Why don’t we eat something substantial? P: But there isn’t any. O: Isn’t there any ramen or something? K: It’s here~! O: Oh here comes the ramen! P: Yea~y Ramen! O: Oh yeah! P: what? O: Last time. Remember how there was a story about putting milk into salt ramen. K+P: *nods* O: Quite a while ago K: Yes there was O: That’s what this is. P: What! O: There’s a person that tried it. “Mugennno Rennkinnjyutushi and Shikkokuno Rennkinnjyutushi” san says…*reads letter* “ I tired the milk in ramen recipe you explained last week. I was really worried when I poured the hot milk in, but it was REALLY GREAT!” P +K: Whaaaat! O: “Even if he hates milk, Ed could eat this. I’m hooked now and I’ll eat it all through the winter.” P: Well then I think we’d like to open it. (referring to ramen. I think they got one bowl to share between the three of them.) *all agrees* O: I think it’d be rather nice… P: Aargh! It really has milk in it! O: Oh wow…It’s really got milk. P: Aaargh! No just wait! O: So the milk’s instead of the water right? K: wow… P: Hey no wait. It really don’t look OK. But I’d like to try it first…Should I try it from the noodles or from the soup? K: Oh wow…dear… O: Well…How about the noodles. P: Noodles? Noodles. O: Noodles noodles K: aaaah…Ooooooh….how is it?...err….okay…aaahhhhh. O: That’s an interesting reaction. K: I’m worried. Is it all right? But you’re eating a lot. O: A lot? That’s heaps K: No, still going. Still going! O: She still wants more. Hey you’re going to finish it all. K: Is it good? How is it? O: You’re going to finish it all before you even touch the soup. K: Boy you’re wild when you eat. O: Oh she’s having a bit of the soup. There goes the soup. P: DELICIOUS!! O: It’s delicious? K: Really? P: Yeah it’s like really really delicious. O: So how was it? P: hmm…Like Crum chowder O: aah OK K: Oh yes. Because of the salt. P: It’s got a mild creamy touch to it and the salt’s just right. O: Mild P: And the noodles are tangled just the right amount. O: Noodles tangling. P: It’s good O: It’s good? P: Yeah it’s really good. I’m gonna get hooked. Hey have a try. K: Oh. It’s really nice. It’s completely different to what I expected. P: Isn’t it really different? It’s not what it looks like. K: I thought it’d be milkier. P: Well looks like running out for Okiayuchhi’s share. O: Hey! Why’d you call me over. K: It’s nice. It’s nice. It’s nice O: Mine’s got…Lots of salt stuck on it. *all laughs* O: Right then. I’m trying. *sips ramen* P: That’s a good sound. Boy that’s a good sound. Oh no don’t eat that much. O: *tries to speak with his mouth full* P: Isn’t it delicious? O: Yeah. It’s nice. P: That was a normal comment. Oh no he’s still eating it. O: Yeah. It’s good. K: It’s so weird…What makes it so delicious? P: Yeah. At first I was thinking why I had to eat this over New Year’s Eve, but… K: But last year it was ‘Donbe’ (a brand of instant cup ramen) P: Rather…cheap…But but but this is really delicious! K: It’s nice. O: It’s good. P: I’m hooked. I love it. K: I might buy it home. P: Can I have a bit more? O+K: Sure go ahead. O: I’ll buy it on my way home too. And make it. P: And how I got to meet this delicious ramen is all because I met Hagane. O: That’s such a tangent. P: Because I met Hagane, then you met Hagane and sent this recipe to us. O: Yes you. You the listeners. P: AND! Hagane hasn’t finished yet! O: Not finished yet. P: Though the anime finished in great success. Next year in the summer there’ll be a movie! O: A movie… P: Please look forward to it. K: Yes yes P: And then tell us more weird and wonderful recipes! As touka koukann we will create a most wonderful movie for you all. I promise. O+K: Yes K: That was ‘The great rensei of the Hagaren secret talk.’ P: Damn this is delicious. Hagaren Housoukyoku!
*AD insert* Sound Buster AD Inuyasha – Guren no Hourai Jima Movie AD PS2 Haganeno Rennkinnjyutushi Dream Carnival AD
- 4 – K: Hagaren Review! P: Hey can I eat all of this? O: Yeah go ahead. K: There are people enjoying themselves in the back. P+O: *discusses the ramen and whether Paku can eat all of it in the background* K: but this corner is to look back on the story of TV anime Hagane no Rennkinnjyutushi through the eyes of the cast and the listeners. All the secrets and truths you can only hear on this Hagaren Housoukyoku is going to be revealed~. Oh there’s no more left for Rie… P: Aaaaah. The bit we’ll be looking back on with Okiayu san today is…Keep that bit for me. Is…Episode 16 : Ushinawareta mono. Right now Okiayu san talk. O: Using Marco’s note Ed and Al have found out that the secret of the philosopher’s stone is hidden in faculty one of the Central Library~ P: Ed and Al~ *sips Ramen* O: But before they go to Central Ed and Al must repair their bodies that were destroyed by Scar. They head to Lizenbool with their accompaniment, Armstrong. P: Rie hurry up and eat or I’ll eat it all. O: But on the train Al suddenly goes missing. Hey gimme some. P+K: *laughs* K: Then let’s read some of the letters we’ve received. O: Yes. K: We have a letter from “koudo no Rennkinnjyutushi”san who lives in Nagano. O: Thank you~ K: *reads letter* “ Everyone, Pallo~” O: Pallo~ P: *gulp* Pallo O: Boy that was slow K: “My favourite scene in this episode is when Ed is talking with the elderly man.” P: yeah. K: “Watching that scene made me realize the many harsh realities that Ed has to face and it made me cry.” P: yeah I cried too. I cried too. I cried too. That grandpa…the granda who lost one his legs and Ed meeting him. That Episode is one that’s stuck in my heart and it’s one of my favourites. O+K: hmm… P: I love it so much I shouldn’t be eating ramen while I discuss it. Why I love it so much is…Boy I’m getting drunk. I think I’m blabbing. But the reason why is…I’m not too sure if you remember it, but in that episode that Grandpa was sitting opposite Ed and Al. O: In the room. P: Normally there’s a board and we speak there. But the silences were impossibly long. O: The breaks were long? P: The breaks between the lines were really long and I was allowed to speak whenever I wanted to. O: Oh really? P: So it was a recording where I could really feel the atmosphere. And those words that the grandpa said were so meaning full. O: He was Sugou san wasn’t he? P: Yes he was Sugou san. A lovely actor. Where was I? Then Ed says things like ‘You should get an automail’ but the grandpa says ‘No I’m going to keep this wound and sin with me for the rest of my life.’ Those words came straight to my heart and stayed there. It was so heart warming. Well not heart warming but I was touched. O: Memorable. P: It was. Hagane, not only in this episode, but it tries all sorts of experiments. K: It does. P: It’s a piece that challenges so many things. It doesn’t end with the norm. Another was in the scene where Hughes was killed the credits ran during the funeral. This piece tries so many things. O: That was emotional. P: That was emotional. O: During the rehearsal videos. The videos we see at home before we start recording they inserted the music for that one scene. K: That was right. O: So we got a feel for what sort of ending it was going to be. P: Yes yes. I really respect the staffs that are trying all these different things. Not to sound like a suck up or nothing. …How was this episode for you? O: I don’t think I was in that particular episode, but it really keeps in my memory. K+P: Aah yes. O: *speaks something technical* K+P: Yes it was O: I think it’s because of that colour as well, but it was easy to get into. I could fee like I was there. And the silence was important too. P: Yes so here we are discussing seriously for a change. Because it’s the end of year. *laughs* K: And the line I’ve chosen from Episode 16 is…Though it’s after all this serious conversation…here it is. (as Alphonse): Niisan. Boku kono karada ni natte hajimete kodomo atukai saretayo. (Niisan. Since I became armour, it’s the first time I’ve been treated as a child!) P: Ahahahahaha *cackles* O: Well no that wasn’t exactly serious. K: I’m sorry. O: We were talking all seriously and then…(with a high voice) It’s the first time… P: Al was so CUTE in that episode! O: Yeah he was. K: That’s it for the Hagaren Review. Hagaren Houshoukyouku!
*AD insert* Haganeno Rennkinnjyutushi Original Soundtrack 2 AD Gakuen Als - Pika Pika Taiyou CD AD Hagaren Song File 2 - Roy Mustang AD
- 5 - *BGM I Will by Sowelu*
P: Hagaren Housoukyoku! Oh it all finished before you know it! How was it? O: This’ll be the last time for me. P: And it’s the last time we’ll be on this year. O: Oh I came at a special time. P: How was Scar? O: How? Oh I can’t say it. *laughs* P: Thank you for this year everyone. K: Thank you P: I’ll try my very best next year too K: In this program we’re waiting for fan mail. Questions for the cast, Hagaren poems, Best quotes, etc. Anything relating to Hagaren is welcome. Hagaki (post cards) no Rennkinnjyutushi. We also appreciate e-mail. The addresses are… O: For post it is 552 – 8501 Rajio Oosaka Hagaren Housoukyoku For mail it is, all in small case… firstname.lastname@example.org. It is email@example.com. Please rensei many letters for us. P: So Okiayu san thank you for being Scar. K: Thank you! P: Whenever you feel like coming over feel free. O: Oh then call me over. P: Oh call you? Just come when you feel like it. *mumbles* K: Please bring something along with you. O: Do I just come without invitation then! P: Bring the ramen too! O: Then I’ll bring salt ramen. That’s easy. P: Next week’s, also our first guest next year, will be Satou Yuuko san. Actress for Lust. O: Lust san? P: Yep the year starts with Lust. I promise that next time will be just as happy and fun as this week’s. (As Ed) “2005. I’ll show everyone what it means to have status!” So that’s the end for this week. We’ll see you all next year at the same time. The companions were Paku Romi and K: Kugimiya Rie and O: Okiayu Ryoutarou P: Who was that? Then everyone, One two. P+K+O: Good Bye~! Have a good year! P: Aniplex Hour. This program was brought to you by Aniplex, Sony music and Bandai.