HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Turdaewen
post Sep 22 2009, 07:36 PM
Post #17911

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,395

Yeah... we really are complicated people to understand. xD we talk too much and confuse people! =P

About Riza not being motherly... Well... I think that too, but, at the same time, it might be because of her current situation. We change a lot throughout life and, at some point, she might want to settle down a little. Especially if Roy becomes Führer and everything.
She's still very young, in case we forget about it. She's probably 26-27. Plenty time to change a lot (just look at how she changed from the time her father died until now!)

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Sep 22 2009, 08:09 PM
Post #17912

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

And as people say having a baby changes everything. So how do we not know that Riza wouldn't change if she were to have a baby. I don't know whether or not I want Roy and Riza to have a baby together. But I do want them to end up together. I want to hear each of them to say "I love you." Is that really too much to ask?

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Sep 22 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #17913

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Sep 22 2009, 08:09 PM) *
But I do want them to end up together. I want to hear each of them to say "I love you." Is that really too much to ask?

In reality, it's not, but in the world of FMA I don't think it'll really happen.

Those two are so guarded in not only their actions, but emotions as well. The only time any real emotion has been displayed by them was usually under pretty extreme circumstances. Also, it's probably pretty hard for them to even break their formalities with one another anyways, since they're so used to it.

So, would they actually say, "I love you."? I honestly don't think so, but it could actually happen.

+Quote Post
angelstar2408
post Sep 23 2009, 02:47 AM
Post #17914

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,378

I guess they wouldn't say 'I Love You' Directly since it is a bit err... Corny... But I think they'd somewhat relay the message in a less fluffy way.... (aka the 'Royai' way tongue.gif)

Because as I've observed they are one of the most subtle couples. They aren't the type to say those things... but who knows?! That would really complete my day if ever they do say that... wub.gif

--------------------

I DON'T own the avatar and the signature. Signature was customized by me. :)

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Sep 23 2009, 08:44 AM
Post #17915

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

"Actions Speak Louder Than Words" article, anyone? (For those who don't know the reference: It was the "anime amour" from... Beckett Anime, was it? Well, from a few years back. There's a link somewhere in this thread.)

Anyway, my "IF Riza was pregnant" conjecture was just that: a BIG "IF". I personally don't think Royai babies are going to happen in the manga, nor do I think we'll get a cheesy "OMG I luv u so much!!1!" type of thing. (Much as I'd LOVE to see both--don't get me wrong!) Probably one of those subtle exchanges that they're known for, and that'll be that, but that's one of the draws of the pairing, I think.

And, of course, there's always fanfic. wink.gif

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Sep 23 2009, 09:33 AM
Post #17916

Member No.: 52,558

I remeber the "Actions Speak Louder than Words" article. It was quite interesting. And really showed the depth of their relationship. But what can I say, I can be a corny person.

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Sep 23 2009, 10:07 AM
Post #17917

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Sep 23 2009, 08:01 AM) *
So, would they actually say, "I love you."? I honestly don't think so, but it could actually happen.

Actually say it? No... (just like Kale said). But I think they already do it with their reciprocal actions and words. And if you all are referring to the end of the manga, well - Arakawa might surprise us all and I think something will happen at the end, definitely not in a cheesy 'I love you' style - but there will be something smile.gif

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
SneakyRuler
post Sep 23 2009, 11:03 AM
Post #17918

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,760

I can't imagine Riza being a mother but I believe she would be a good mother and that *maybe* she actually wants to have childern. I deemed her a strict military officer but then we see her grocery shopping or chatting with Rebecca and suddenly she's feminine. Look how gentle she takes care of Black Hayate (well, most of the time). Yes, she DID horrible things in Ishbal. So did Roy and so did Hughes (though Hughes didn't carry the burden of becoming a mass murderer or creating one). Hard to tell.

+Quote Post
Kaori Ayanami
post Sep 23 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #17919

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,575

QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Sep 23 2009, 05:09 AM) *
I want to hear each of them to say "I love you." Is that really too much to ask?

It would be totally un-Japanese, un-shounen-ish and and out-of-character, so... it's quite difficult.

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Sep 23 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #17920

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Sep 23 2009, 04:44 PM) *
"Actions Speak Louder Than Words" article, anyone? (For those who don't know the reference: It was the "anime amour" from... Beckett Anime, was it? Well, from a few years back. There's a link somewhere in this thread.)

I've been dying to read that! Is it really in this thread? My god, it'll take me forever to look for it though...

I also don't think there will be any "I love you's" happening between Roy and Riza... it's not their style. So no matter how much I want it to happen, or want to see them kiss or hug or be romantic, it just won't happen! Not in this type of manga... but I've come to accept that. Lol!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 23 2009, 01:07 PM
Post #17921

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Kaori Ayanami @ Sep 23 2009, 02:40 PM) *
It (Roy and Riza saying "I love you" to each other) would be totally un-Japanese, un-shounen-ish and and out-of-character, so... it's quite difficult

I concur with Kaori 100%. ^^ Not only it's OOC in my opinion, but please remember that, traditionally speaking, it's very un-Japanese to say "I love you" in such a direct way. I read many many Japanese literatures, and it's rather unusual for the writer in a Japanese literature to make the character say "I love you" in such a direct way, and if he/she did, usually the readers would probably go "this ain't gonna happen in real life.." XD And, as fa as I know, Arakawa-sensei's writing is consistently "old fashion & traditional" in that area, and I can't foresee her making them utter "L" word in FMA raw. Besides, that would probably stick out like a page from some Harlequin novel got lost and mistakingly lodged in the middle of FMA. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Sep 23 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #17922

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (Tombow @ Sep 23 2009, 01:07 PM) *
Besides, that would probably stick out like a page from some Harlequin novel got lost and mistakingly lodged in the middle of FMA. tongue.gif

laugh.gif The mental image I got from that made me laugh and shudder at the same time...

I would hate for that to actually happen - that would be extremely sappy and cliched - but at the same time, it'd be hysterical if Arakawa did pull something like that.

+Quote Post
The_Twilight_Tri...
post Sep 23 2009, 01:58 PM
Post #17923

Alchemists

Member No.: 65,533

I think that I've seen the "I love you" discussion.... I dunno.... I can't even think of how many times. It seems to come up a lot. And the general consensus is always the same. It would be OOC, cliche, corny, sappy.... Though the harlequin comparison is new (good one Tombow)!

Personally, I agree with the idea that the exchanging of "I love yous" would never ever happen and that it shouldn't happen in order to keep the integrity of both Roy's and Riza's characters and the story itself. But I would be lying if I said I wouldn't squee with joy upon seeing it if it happened. Of course, after that initial fangirl spasm I would feel weird about it actually happening, and I'd probably be sort of disappointed in a way. It would be too strange.

As for Royai babies.... I feel almost the same. They would be so adorable!!!! But at the same time, they probably won't make an appearance in the manga. But as someone said, that's what fanfiction is for...

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Sep 23 2009, 02:02 PM
Post #17924

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

I'm actually pretty okay without the characters saying, "I love you". And I don't need a kiss, either. I mean, even the MARRIED couples in FMA have never had a shown kiss. Hohenheim/Trisha, (though not technically married), Hughes/Gracia, Izumi/Sig, Bradley/...Mrs.Bradley. XD But they all seem to have a love for each other all the same.

I've seen plenty of shows be wishy-washy with their confessions of love speeches, and sometimes when authors do that, it just makes the relationship seem shallow. The real deep love is when they suffer together, laugh together, stand over death together, cry for one another, and protect one another. When an author writes all those things in, a love confession isn't necessary, because it's already understood.

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Sep 23 2009, 02:04 PM
Post #17925

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Sep 23 2009, 12:44 PM) *
Anyway, my "IF Riza was pregnant" conjecture was just that: a BIG "IF". I personally don't think Royai babies are going to happen in the manga, nor do I think we'll get a cheesy "OMG I luv u so much!!1!" type of thing. (Much as I'd LOVE to see both--don't get me wrong!) Probably one of those subtle exchanges that they're known for, and that'll be that, but that's one of the draws of the pairing, I think.

Yeah, that definitely wouldn't happen in the manga. Nor the babies, nor the 'I love you'. But that doesn't mean we can't have Royai in the manga! XD We can! It's just not like an american romantic movie, but still...

Not much else to say on the subject: people already summed all up.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 02:41 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css