HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

68 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread (for Content Up To Episode 62): Warning! Spoilers Abound!, Reported episode titles (currently up to 63)/previews on page 1
Rating 5 V
fullmoon
post Apr 8 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #16

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,068

QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 9 2009, 12:23 AM) *
@fullmoon - I made your post into a new thread so that we can keep using this thread for the discussions about all upcoming episodes. ^^

Thank Tombow! happy.gif

QUOTE (His Name is Unknown @ Apr 9 2009, 04:07 AM) *
From the episode descriptions provided, it looks like the train sequence as well as Yoki's coal mine will be cut from the animation cue. This is unfortunate, as these events really provided context to the military's corruption, as well as elaborated upon the state alchemist theme.

I guess i shouldn't get my hopes up for chapter 3 and 4 ay? T-T So...will it mean no Yoki? Damn...
(Even though these chapters have been covered in the anime (with slight alterations) it would be great to see it again >_< and Yoki was more involved in the manga which i really liked. He was so funny in chapter 93 XD.)
I agree, i really loved what it represented...

QUOTE (His Name is Unknown @ Apr 9 2009, 04:07 AM) *
At least we still have the manga itself. rolleyes.gif

Yeah, that's true happy.gif

QUOTE (Havanese @ Apr 9 2009, 02:18 AM) *
I don't know why Nina is cited as 9. huh.gif That's definitely strange. I always thought she was around 4 or 5.

I also thought she was 4... confused1.gif
(i just quickly skimmed chapter 5 and her age was never mentioned...unless i missed it XD)

QUOTE (Havanese @ Apr 9 2009, 02:18 AM) *
Also, I'm a bit worried about how rapidly they're progressing through the chapters.

Same...It makes me worry about how much depth there will be...>_<

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 9 2009, 08:44 AM
Post #17

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Havanese @ Apr 8 2009, 12:18 PM) *
... Oh, after searching around more, I found someone on AnimeNewsNetwork's forums cite the same information and say it's from Newtype. If this is true, then the information must be true too.

@Havanese - Yeah, this seems to be true, and I'm waiting to see if we can get the scans of magazine pages.
This month's NewType magazine has an FMA anime series-2 special bonus booklet that's bundled and comes with this month's NewType magazine issue (I know this much is true. ^^) And, this special issue seems to contain an article that's saying episode 2 is about Elric brothers' past, episode 2 is about Leore, episode 4 is Nina's story, and episode 5 is Scar. .....Though I can't personally confirm this until I actually see the scan of the article. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 9 2009, 08:59 AM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 9 2009, 05:44 PM) *
... Oh, after searching around more, I found someone on AnimeNewsNetwork's forums cite the same information and say it's from Newtype. If this is true, then the information must be true too.

@Havanese - Yeah, this seems to be true, and I'm waiting to see if we can get the scans of magazine pages.
This month's NewType magazine has an FMA anime series-2 special bonus booklet that's bundled and comes with this month's NewType magazine issue (I know this much is true. ^^) And, this special issue seems to contain an article that's saying episode 2 is about Elric brothers' past, episode 2 is about Leore, episode 4 is Nina's story, and episode 5 is Scar. .....Though I can't personally confirm this until I actually see the scan of the article. ^^

That should be confirmed as it was one of the news on 2ch yesterday too.

Even Ep. 6 title is floating around 2ch: The road to hope
Again, I'm not sure if this has been confirmed or not.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 9 2009, 09:23 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

^ Yeah, I'm anxiously waiting to see the scanned magazine pages from this issue. Seems like this special issue has a bunch of new info for the series, including Arakawa-sensei's interview, and supposedly, Arakawa-sensei asked animators not to make any characters utter to other character "Die!" and no animation to make characters fly (like Superman style, I guess XD) by using Archemy, or something like that... as well as the information on the contents of several upcoming chapters.
If anyone is in Asian countries and happens to get the hold of the mag, please please scan the pages!!! (Or, if anyone runs into the scanned pages, please share that with us!!) *beggs* happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DN-Moonflower-FM...
post Apr 9 2009, 09:53 AM
Post #20

Citizen

Member No.: 61,283

QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 9 2009, 05:44 PM) *

Newstype, I've seen those in some magazine shops here. Maybe if I'm lucky enough to find the newest issue I can scan it.

--------------------
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your signature

+Quote Post
Meu
post Apr 9 2009, 12:46 PM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 55,344

Huh? How is it possible to skip the Yoki episode? o_o
The Youswell mine won't be introduced, neither will Kayal, his dad or Yoki himself. And they will play a part later in the manga, when e.g. Mei Chan enters Amestris.
Come on, that ain't fair. D:

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Apr 9 2009, 12:51 PM
Post #22

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 9 2009, 08:44 AM) *

Hmm, currently at work (I work in San Francisco) but I may swing by Japantown before I go home and hit up Kinokuniya to see if they have the new issue.

+Quote Post
Hagane no Baka
post Apr 10 2009, 02:21 AM
Post #23

Citizen

Member No.: 66,287

QUOTE (Meu @ Apr 9 2009, 01:46 PM) *
Huh? How is it possible to skip the Yoki episode? o_o
The Youswell mine won't be introduced, neither will Kayal, his dad or Yoki himself. And they will play a part later in the manga, when e.g. Mei Chan enters Amestris.
Come on, that ain't fair. D:

I sure hope they think like this as well coz I'd really like to see that episode. Then again they might just reveal Yoki, Kayal & his dad on a side basis.

And yeah that age thing with Nina got me confused too x_x

I'm really curious as to which theme song of Ed & Al's relationship will replace the old 'Bratja'. I hope it will grow to be worthy of it's predecessor happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Meitantei Conan
post Apr 13 2009, 12:56 AM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 42,299

I like the Episode 2. :] Cuz it Follows one of the chapters in the 6 Vol. from the Manga, and thats my Favorite Volume.. and I like the Preview of Ep 3.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 13 2009, 08:55 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Next episode's preview, from FMA series-2 official JP site Story page (quick translation by me)

Episode 3: Town with a Heretical Religion
(This is just a temporary episode title till the airing of official English sub. ^^)

"Ed and Al heard the rumor about the town with a heretical religion with the founder who is said to perform "miracle," and travel to the town of Reole to investigate. They learn that Cornello, founder of the heretical religion Leto, peforms alchemy that does not follow "Equivalent Exchange." In the town, they meet a girl, Rose, and she takes them to meet Cornello at his temple...."

--------------------

+Quote Post
fullmoon
post Apr 13 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #26

Apprentice

QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 14 2009, 01:55 PM) *
Next episode's preview, from FMA series-2 official JP site Story page (quick translation by me)

(This is just a temporary episode title till the airing of official English sub. ^^)

"Ed and Al heard the rumor about the town with a heretical religion with the founder who is said to perform "miracle," and travel to the town of Reole to investigate. They learn that Cornello, founder of the heretical religion Leto, peforms alchemy that does not follow "Equivalent Exchange." In the town, they meet a girl, Rose, and she takes them to meet Cornello at his temple...."

Thanks Tombow! Always such a legend with these translations wink.gif.

I'm looking forward to this episode happy.gif. It looked great in the preview.

I would love to see this: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fullmetal_al...01/c002/14.html

XD Love that part!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Apr 13 2009, 11:03 PM
Post #27

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

^^ AHA...that part was awesome!

I agree...they can't skip Yoki and Youswell!! It's so important later especially because of all people, Yoki becomes important later and teams up with scar (which still makes me giggle, btw)

I don't know! I honestly feel I can't judge this new series until I see the entire first season and how it's paced. I wouldn't have fallen for the other anime without watching the WHOLE thing (honestly, as interesting as Lior was in the first one, it was also kind of boring IMO). I fell in love with FMA1 after getting past Lab 5 and Scar and such.

So far, I like the pacing though and I'm keeping an open mind. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
fullmoon
post Apr 14 2009, 12:22 AM
Post #28

Apprentice

QUOTE (Full Metal Elf @ Apr 14 2009, 04:03 PM) *
^^ AHA...that part was awesome!

I agree...they can't skip Yoki and Youswell!! It's so important later especially because of all people, Yoki becomes important later and teams up with scar (which still makes me giggle, btw)

I don't know! I honestly feel I can't judge this new series until I see the entire first season and how it's paced. I wouldn't have fallen for the other anime without watching the WHOLE thing (honestly, as interesting as Lior was in the first one, it was also kind of boring IMO). I fell in love with FMA1 after getting past Lab 5 and Scar and such.

So far, I like the pacing though and I'm keeping an open mind. biggrin.gif

*laughs* Yay! Just look at his evil expression. It's so funny XD.

Yes, i agree with you too. That's why i haven't stopped blabbing about Yoki because he is important in the manga and has a bigger role.

Same, 2 episodes is not nearly enough to base a judgment.
I re-watched the Lior episodes in the first anime series and i really liked it but i see where your coming from. As i felt the same way at one point until i watched it so many times XD.

Good on ya, that's the best way to enjoy the new series wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gukumatz
post Apr 14 2009, 12:56 AM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 45,648

QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 13 2009, 08:55 PM) *

Thanks!

I find it curious that they are calling Leto (which is the closest thing FMA has to church Christianity* in the manga) heretical... according to who? I think according to alchemists like Edward Elric and their ideas about Equivalent Exchange. It's another point for alchemy being like a religion to its practicioners. It's a way of life for them. It's funny, because in that story arc it is the people of Lior who are calling Edward the heretic. Hahaha. It's one of those words... whoever grabs it first...

*I say "church Christianity" because I think the Ishvalan religion, with its more abstract God, is probably closer in spirit to Christianity. Leto the Sun God is rather pagan, but outwardly it looks Christian.

--------------------
-Gukumatz
[ LJ | Song translations | Icon ]

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Apr 14 2009, 01:28 AM
Post #30

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

Leto is a sect for me, Ishbala is the only true religion in that world.

+Quote Post

68 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 06:55 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css