HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
amestris_star
post Jun 22 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #16486

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Gimpyhair @ Jun 23 2009, 04:18 AM) *
Thanks Kale biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Oh! And I spy a cool royai poster/card/sticker in the merchandise website http://www.hagaren.jp/products/etc.html#janbo ! How come I never saw this before?

I SO EPICALLY WANT *spazzes* All of the ones with Roy and Riza, particularly the one where they're back to back, SO AWESOME *__*
The one that's making me giggle is that with Riza and Winry on bed with Hayate... is that a Roy and Ed fantasy or what? XD
Has anyone noticed the Lust vs Roy one? Foreshadowing I say!

*calms down*

Yes you all, don't worry, I won't be seeing *that* movie any time soon. Ever.

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jun 22 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #16487

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

@everyone

Now that I've quelled your fears on Hayate possibly not being in the series...you're welcome.

As for all of these goodies, probably best to stalk ebay or yahoo! auctions (in Japan) if you really want this stuff...

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jun 22 2009, 10:35 PM
Post #16488

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

QUOTE (sidekick.kep37 @ Jun 22 2009, 07:49 PM) *
rofl, yes Aribelle, people more talented than I will make renders! (OT: photoshop is my new best friend).

\o/ have I mentioned that you're awesome? Because you are biggrin.gif

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jun 22 2009, 10:02 PM) *

I noticed that too! If I squint I can make out something on that one that looks like "Homunculus vs. Humans"........alksdjfhalksdjf

Which has reminded me, I also am really, really looking forward to that part (parts? I for some reason can't remember if this happens more than once :/) where Ran Fan has a mini-fight with Envy...ughhh so much win, so little time.

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 22 2009, 10:05 PM) *
As for all of these goodies, probably best to stalk ebay or yahoo! auctions (in Japan) if you really want this stuff...

I'll just be happy if someone posts nice big pictures...

Oooooh I covet them so badly. Of course the Royai back to back one is awesome, but I think the one of Riza and Winry is also really cute ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jun 22 2009, 11:38 PM
Post #16489

Major General

Thing I find funny with that pic - unintentional as it is - is that Roy single-handedly killed one of them (Lust) and nearly killed the other (Envy)...

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jun 23 2009, 12:47 PM
Post #16490

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 23 2009, 08:38 AM) *

Thing I find funny with that pic - unintentional as it is - is that Roy single-handedly killed one of them (Lust) and nearly killed the other (Envy)...

Funny... well... okaaaay... he almost died in the first incident... and almost lost it psychologically in the second one... dear *that* is certainly, not funny tongue.gif
(I know that the pic is funny not the situation but... you made me re-think about the whole incidents... and re-read chapter 39 XD)

--------------------

Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jun 23 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #16491

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jun 23 2009, 03:47 PM) *
Funny... well... okaaaay... he almost died in the first incident... and almost lost it psychologically in the second one... dear *that* is certainly, not funny tongue.gif
(I know that the pic is funny not the situation but... you made me re-think about the whole incidents... and re-read chapter 39 XD)

I could re-read these chapters all day!! It's sad that a lot of Royai moments happen when one of them is either in danger, in pain and injured, or mentally unstable. sleep.gif I could make up a list of them right now!! Sheesh!

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jun 23 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #16492

QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Jun 23 2009, 09:57 PM) *
I could re-read these chapters all day!! It's sad that a lot of Royai moments happen when one of them is either in danger, in pain and injured, or mentally unstable. sleep.gif I could make up a list of them right now!! Sheesh!

In fact 39 and 95 are top 2 chapters with that I suppose...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jun 23 2009, 01:12 PM
Post #16493

Major General

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jun 23 2009, 12:47 PM) *
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 23 2009, 08:38 AM) *

It was funny as in ironic, not funny 'ha-ha'. tongue.gif

As for Royai moments with danger abound - it's to make you appreciate all of the quiet Royai moments more. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post Jun 23 2009, 01:17 PM
Post #16494

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Jun 23 2009, 12:57 PM) *

I've noticed that, aside from Roy in 94-95, Roy and Riza really only lose their heads when it's something concerning either of them...like in 39, and before that at the end of the phone conversation. Coincidence? I think not. Fufufufu.

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jun 23 2009, 01:19 PM
Post #16495

QUOTE (Aribelle @ Jun 23 2009, 10:17 PM) *
I've noticed that, aside from Roy in 94-95, Roy and Riza really only lose their heads when it's something concerning either of them...like in 39, and before that at the end of the phone conversation. Coincidence? I think not. Fufufufu.

100% not coincidence. Definitely, and I agree with you on that with all my heart ;D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jun 23 2009, 02:09 PM
Post #16496

Major General

QUOTE (Aribelle @ Jun 23 2009, 01:17 PM) *
QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Jun 23 2009, 12:57 PM) *

It's because they wuv each other... wink.gif

But seriously, I think it goes back to how their relationship is defined - they're so in tune with one another that just knowing that the other's in danger will cause them to do everything they can to see that the other is safe. It's like they don't even need words to really communicate with one another.

For example, when Riza tells Roy that Selim Bradley is a Homunculus, there was a shift in Riza's posture and tone that Roy seemed to pick up on and began to write down everything she was saying - for it seemed like he knew she was speaking in code.
See here: http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/74/14/

To me, that illustrates just how much they trust one another implicitly.

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post Jun 23 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #16497

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 23 2009, 05:09 PM) *
It's because they wuv each other... wink.gif

But seriously, I think it goes back to how their relationship is defined - they're so in tune with one another that just knowing that the other's in danger will cause them to do everything they can to see that the other is safe. It's like they don't even need words to really communicate with one another.

For example, when Riza tells Roy that Selim Bradley is a Homunculus, there was a shift in Riza's posture and tone that Roy seemed to pick up on and began to write down everything she was saying - for it seemed like he knew she was speaking in code.

Yeah, I definitely noticed that. They're really in tune with each other and can pick up on the most subtle of movements/tone etc. in each other. They're the perfect pair, really! Same with the phone conversations, both the incident with Gluttony and with Pride. The scene with Gluttony's attack was particularly amazing, because Roy absolutely knew that he had to get to the scene as soon as possible or something awful was going to happen like with Hughes. And he made it in time!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 23 2009, 02:27 PM
Post #16498

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Umm... no. Roy picked up Riza's signal when Riza TAPPED the coffee mag TWICE. That was the sign that the code was coming, and at the end of "code talk" Riza taps the mag again (only ONCE this time,) and that was the signal that that was the end of code. That was clearly indicated in the use of SFX in the scene. There was NO change in Riza's posture, etc. there, and my guess is almost the other way, and I think Riza was trying to keep everything (her posture, voice tone etc.,) as SAME/UNCHANGED as possible when starts talking in code (that's my guess, reading that scene) because Riza was trying to AVOID being detected by Pride in the shadow. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Jun 23 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #16499

Major General

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jun 23 2009, 02:27 PM) *

Umm... no. Roy picked up Riza's signal when Riza TAPPED the coffee mag TWICE. That was the sign that the code was coming, and at the end of "code talk" Riza taps the mag again, and that was the signal that that was the end of code.
That was clearly indicated in the use of SFX in the scene. rolleyes.gif

Yes, I did notice the taps...though it's probably my subconscious that noticed the shift in her demeanor (the way she drank from the mug and the way it looks like her right foot is up slightly - like she's bending her foot - I tend to do that motion before I shift in my seat) laugh.gif

Still though, the code scene was great moment in Royai moments. Can't wait to see it animated.

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Jun 23 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #16500

Alchemists

From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

@ Tombow: Oh... well I'm not gonna lie. I probably would've never noticed the SFX in that page mainly because I can't read that stuff.

Initially, I thought exactly as Kale did- that the two of them were just so in tune with another they could pick up on something right away. I didn't actually think that it had something to do with Riza's posture or any sudden movements, but more like how she acted. But, hey, it's all wishful thinking- for me anyways.

And I can't wait to see that animated. First time I read through that, I was like "What's with the curious names all of a sudden?" And I really didn't feel like playing decoder and just wanted to read and absorb the chapter as I do every month, knowing that it will all make sense sooner or later.

Wait... wait... yeah, I can't wait to see allthe Royai scenes animated. XD

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 01:08 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css