HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

68 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA: Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread (for Content Up To Episode 62): Warning! Spoilers Abound!, Reported episode titles (currently up to 63)/previews on page 1
Rating 5 V
Tombow
post Jun 30 2009, 07:24 PM
Post #226

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (thunderbreak @ Jun 30 2009, 09:46 PM) *
who do u guys want these casts be(FOR Xing people,Olivia Armstrong etc)

Ahem...

If you guys would like to discuss who you'd like to have as VAs for Xingese characters, Armstrong, etc., please discuss that on FMA:Brotherhood Japanese Voice Cast thread. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thunderbreak
post Jun 30 2009, 08:29 PM
Post #227

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,553

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jul 1 2009, 10:24 AM) *
QUOTE (thunderbreak @ Jun 30 2009, 09:46 PM) *
who do u guys want these casts be(FOR Xing people,Olivia Armstrong etc)

Ahem...

If you guys would like to discuss who you'd like to have as VAs for Xingese characters, Armstrong, etc., please discuss that on FMA:Brotherhood Japanese Voice Cast thread. biggrin.gif

i forgot sorry happy.gif

--------------------
Currently on :Silverspoon,re-reading FMA project(will post to blog soon)
Planning list:Pumpkin scissors,Stein Gate,Fairy Tail

+Quote Post
Radadinator
post Jul 2 2009, 02:41 PM
Post #228

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,706

The only reason (hopefully) that they're rushing is so that they can get to the manga-only parts. If they didn't rush, and they took a long time to get there, they'd make the fans impatient. The way they're rushing now, they'll get to the manga parts faster, but some of the fans would still be disappointed at the quality. Case in point, they can't make everybody happy.

Besides, the reason that they made this series in the first place was to animate the manga-only parts. They didn't really have a high budget for the first season besides the pilot. With the second season, they'll probably have a higher budget, and slow down to animate things better to get better ratings.

I really doubt that they'd milk such a giant cash cow again if they weren't gonna at least give it some effort.

In my opinion.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 4 2009, 06:36 PM
Post #229

Group Icon

Preview of the next episode (episode14) from FMA-2: Brotherhood official JP site, as reported by Michiyo- here.

(Translation by Tombow, with tentative episode title till we see official sub on Funimation.com)

Episode 14: "Those Who Lurk Underground"

Ed's fight against Greed gets a new help when Izumi bursts in the scene. But, soon after the whole situation changes when the military soldiers lead by King Bradley himself brake in to exterminate Greed and his company. Greed grabs Al and tries to escape, but Bradley stands in their way, blocking Greed's escape, and overwhelms Greed with his fierce attacks despite Greed being homunculus. During the fight, Greed discovers an unbelievable mark on Bradley's eye...

This episode will air in Japan on Sunday, July 5, 2009

--------------------

+Quote Post
thunderbreak
post Jul 4 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #230

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,553

last "rush " ep!(so i hope smile.gif )
ut i think people get bored if they put it too slow a pace.it's just that in some cases they don't cut off very well.
I guess we will see selims' appearance,especially as they announce selim bradley seiyuu b4 the xing co.(except for ling yao),and how do they merge armstrong here,seing him in ep 14 previews.

--------------------
Currently on :Silverspoon,re-reading FMA project(will post to blog soon)
Planning list:Pumpkin scissors,Stein Gate,Fairy Tail

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 5 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #231

Group Icon

Preview of the next episode (episode14) from FMA-2: Brotherhood official JP site, as reported by Michiyo- here.

(Translation by Tombow, with tentative episode title, and the tentative naming of "rentanjitsu" for Xing Alchmey, till we see official sub on Funimation.com)

Episode 15: "Envoy from the East"

On the way to Central, Scar and Yoki run into a mysterious girl, May, who uses "rentanjitsu," a strange form of Alchemy from the East. She tells them that she is from Xing, a large country East of Amestris, and she is here to find the way to achieve immortality. Meantime, Ed and Al are in Rush Valley to get Ed's automail repaired. There, they run into a boy collapsed of hunger in the street. His name is Lin, and he is also from Xing, and he tells Ed that he is here in search of Philosopher's Stone. Lin asks Ed if he knows anything about the Stone, and Ed tells Lin that "he knows nothing about it." Just then, two shadowy figures approach from behind, and Ed and Al felt the blades pointing at them in their back...

This episode will air in Japan on Sunday, July 12, 2009

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jul 5 2009, 01:26 PM
Post #232

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

^eh!? they cut out yousewell coal mines WHY!? I thought we'd get some Yoki background and what about Mei's fantasys about edward-an-an-and WHAT!? I thought they were gonna stop this now! *is getting increasingly worried*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Jul 5 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #233

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

Argh, I'm just worried a little, according to the preview in ep 14 Barry should show up but there is nothing about him in the summary, besides there is so much things to show about Xing ppl that they might skip the best part about Barry...Ah, well, I hope it won't be that bad...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jul 5 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #234

State Alchemist (Major)

i was thinking that seeing the trailers, they showed a lot of stuff from all over the place. I'm getting worried now, I put up with the begining simply because the first anime was 'similar' even though I'd much rather they did it properly, if they start cutting manga stuff out though I will be very upset, do they have a limit on the episodes or something?

--------------------

+Quote Post
penguintruth
post Jul 5 2009, 03:54 PM
Post #235

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,921

Forgive me for saying this, but I sort of like the idea of fast tracking Mei to meeting Scar and Yoki in the next episode. Since they already skipped Youswell as it is, now would be an opportunity to either flashback to it when Mei meets Yoki or disregard it entirely, since they already ignored it. Not to mention, with this, and the battle with Joliot in the preview, it helps Scar remain consistently relevent in the story, something I thought Arakawa faltered in at times.

The only problem I have with this is that obviously, next episode will have at least some of the battle in Rush Valley with Ling and his group, not to mention the Barry material (which I'm looking forward to the most). Are they really going to cram all this in, in one episode?

Shouldn't they slow down now that they're branching off into the manga-only material? Somebody needs to tell Bones to relax, take a breather, order some food, and go through the rest at a luxurious pace. There's a lot to do, there's no reason to speed it along.

You've already screwed with the Dublith arc, Bones. Please, for my mental health, even though I dislike Ling, don't speed through any of that. This is where you're really put to the test.

--------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jul 5 2009, 08:38 PM
Post #236

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

Actually, the Barry scene was on the preview for chapter 15, even though it was not mentioned on the summary. So no worries there.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Fubuki
post Jul 6 2009, 11:47 PM
Post #237

Citizen

Member No.: 69,001

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jul 5 2009, 08:38 PM) *
Actually, the Barry scene was on the preview for chapter 15, even though it was not mentioned on the summary. So no worries there.

Also, looking at the particular scene shown in the preview, combined with the lack of description for it in the preview, it seems that the beginning of the Barry stuff will be used as headway in to the next episode - a cliffhanger of sorts, similar to how they split up Lab 5 by Barry descending upon Al.

That would also clear up some of the pacing troubles that the episode may have - I'm hoping that, since a good amount of what should be in the next ep. will be fighting, things will go fast enough anyway that everything fits nicely. smile.gif

And as far as the removal/addition/combining of events goes, in my opinion, I'm fine with whatever they do, no matter what happened exactly in the manga, as long as it's well done and fits on this rendition of FMA. If it works well toward the adaptation, or at least makes some semblance of sense, then it's fine by me. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jul 7 2009, 02:55 AM
Post #238

State Alchemist (Major)

lulz i'm slightly inclined to agree with zeno actually XD the first series wasn't bad per say but it didn't do the manga justice AT ALL and BONES have had a second and final chance to do it justice, and they've messed it up again so far. I can only hope that things they missed out they can reshuffle a bit and add into new episodes later, but as it stands, it pains me to say this is a pretty pitiful (and for the fans, an incrediably dissopointing) attempt, are BONES determined to screw the manga or somethin? Tbh I'm preeeeeeeeety worried, they covered about 30chapters in 14 episodes, thats a third of the manga practically, if they don't slow down a hell of a lot and add in the stuff they missed they WILL inevitably catch up to the manga, unless the mangas gonna stop at chapter 100 or somethin O_o

Anyway this episode was much better than last weeks. I'm still upset at how they rushed Greed because it is important and due to scene cutting i feel they messed with Greed's character, particually when he ran away from Ed and Izumi, and Izumi been there was just pointless in their order. I was also sad that this part in the manga has a lot of funnies in it, which were all cut out T_T but yeah who knows, maybe we will see the armstrong and sig thing in some filler/catch-up episode later on?

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkg22104
post Jul 7 2009, 03:00 AM
Post #239

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 68,640

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Jul 7 2009, 05:55 AM) *
Tbh I'm preeeeeeeeety worried, they covered about 30chapters in 14 episodes, thats a third of the manga practically, if they don't slow down a hell of a lot and add in the stuff they missed they WILL inevitably catch up to the manga, unless the mangas gonna stop at chapter 100 or somethin O_o

They're doing roughly 2 chapters in one episode. If I attempt to do some mental math...currently we have 96 chapters, which would be 48 episodes. Let's say they air 4 episodes a month, which comes out to 12 months or a year. By then the manga will also have another 12 chapters, up to 108. So it'll be close...we'll see what Arakawa is going to do to wrap things up in the manga.

--------------------

Sig made by Forsaken Love ^_^

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jul 7 2009, 03:09 AM
Post #240

State Alchemist (Major)

mm ye i spose, but you have to remember that they need time to animate the episodes, and that will be very very very close, however you have reassured me that if they slow it down to 1-1 1/2 chapters an ep+original material+stuff they missed like a lot of anime teeeends to do we'll be ok happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

68 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2016 - 12:08 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css