Full Screenshots: provided over at livejournal by Moogledaime
Summary: Briggs soldiers escort Winry back home, where she is surprised to find Ed and his group. Though Ed warns her to escape to another country, she refuses and says that Ed should just make sure he protects everyone. Meanwhile, Scar has recruited several Ishbalans to help in his cause, and Roy informs Olivier about Selim's true identity. Al, who had been suffering from more frequent blackouts, is ambushed and captured by Gluttony and Pride. On the day before the Promised Day, Bradley is tricked into taking a train back to Central and is caught in an explosion on the bridge. Meanwhile, Riza, Breda, and Fuery prepare for the upcoming day. Within the military, as the "chosen" generals are panicking over Bradley's possible death, Olivier sees her chance to try and take control. However, before she can do anything, she is halted by the sudden appearance of Father and Sloth. - Wikipedia
- That map of Japan during the whole episode was annoying. And Keyhole was lagging. - Winry is home. Ed is home too. But they left the scene where he beat up Ed because he was in her room. - I see some scene changes. For example that dinner scene wasn’t in the manga. - Ed is taller than Winry now. - Scar and Marcoh came back. And the Ishbalans are here too with their secret plan. - Al is in trouble. Pride and Gluttony got him. - Olivier doesn’t like hyacinths. - Bye-bye Bradley. We won’t see you for a while. - Loved the ending with the Mustang-tachi. - Oh, and nice cliffhanger with Father. - New music in the preview!
Joined: 8-November 09
Member No.: 71,803
- aw, a recap? that's something new. - ahahahah, Winry's ultimate transport. - don't tell me we're getting that scene... - yes, we GOT that! - the music made the encounter awesome. - Heck, It was awesome overall. - Didn't they all look kind of grown-up? - Oh, the goodbye scene was aww... - Winry, I'll miss you! Just get out of this alive... - Ishvalans! - Oh, my favourite music from Brotherhood. - Gluttony! We haven't seen you for a while. - And Pride, as creepy as ever. - Cool Winry eyecatch. - And the first Wrath eyecatch ever, right? It's weird we didn't see that one earlier. - The train scene? Already? - I didn't like it. No impact on me. - The ending song made Grumman's laugh somehow creepy... - RIZA! It's gonna start very soon... - My antenna detects new music?
I thought this episode would be really boring, but now I'm impressed. I really enjoyed it!
So, next week's Ran Fan's return? I hope so, I really miss her and her seiyuu.
Joined: 10-July 08
Member No.: 60,921
My initial thoughts:
- Damn Keyhole. Is Japan having a storm? - I haven't heard this tune since... Nina ;_; - Greed's speech on Greed is awesome - Gluttony! Been a long time. - Aha! I knew they'd end this episode right with Father's appearance in the conference room. - New music in the next ep preview!
It's hard to tell whether or not it was such a good episode since a map of Japan obscured the picture most of the time.
Fullmetal Alchemist is over! Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! ;_;
Joined: 5-February 10
Member No.: 72,768
I understand the importance of the map.. but on the whole screen? I mean really? Couldn't they just put a news feed at the bottom? Not to mention a horrible key hole. I didn't see much, i gotta wait for RAW's now. Thanks for the screenshots michiyo Can't believe how much older Ed looks. And Pride. Ohhh that creepy adorable boy.
Joined: 31-March 09
From: A dream within a dream...
Member No.: 67,527
Despite the map taking up half the screen for the entire episode, I still really enjoyed it. They kept a lot of stuff, which was good, though it kinda sucked that though they showed Mustang's subordinates from Ishval, as to those who never read the manga will never know the significance of them since their part was cut.
Guess I'll have to wait for Thursday to watch a hopefully clean version of this ep. on Funimation's site.
Joined: 12-March 05
Member No.: 9,551
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Feb 28 2010, 05:50 AM)
QUOTE (Chiyo @ Feb 28 2010, 04:27 AM)
- very glad they kept all that EdxWin, but doesn't look as if it dominates the episode. Well I know it can't otherwise penguintruth would have ranted about it
Looked more like EdxJapan with that map on the screen.
lmao!! it really did look like that on the screencaps I saw. Looks like a good episode, except that the map on the screen looks really annoying. Looks like I'll have to wait and watch the Funimation subbed one. I'm hoping they can clean that off.
Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^ My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!) Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist
Joined: 9-April 09
Member No.: 67,760
@edxwinryfan It was there
- All of the Ed/ Winry scenes were great, including the chimera and Greed. - The animation was perfect, Yoki labouring in Lior - Mustang complimenting Olivier - Grumman as amazing as ever and Gluttony! - I love Selim talking in Pride's voice
I hope there's gonna pop out a raw without map of Japan because here it is worth watching and there's a lot to look at.
Joined: 21-May 09
From: Yorkshire, UK
Member No.: 68,926
I watched the raw earlier.
It's a shame about the map but it could have been worse. : ) I remember when I wanted to watch a RAW of another anime (forgot what it was now!) but the whole show was taken off air to broadcast the earthquake alert. Better a map then no show at all. =P
I really liked the look of everyone! Ed looks great and so does Winry. I'm glad they didn't do the stripping scene too over the top and I'm also happy that they didn't put in the part where she smacks Ed with the spanner afterwards. Too many Ed-getting-smacked-by-spanner scenes in one episode gets kind of annoying. So I think the way they handled that was great. : )
I also loved the way the scene with Pride taking over Al was animated. It looked brilliant.