Reply to this topicStart new topic
Gundam Wing, Endless Waltz movie, Gundam 00 season 1 & 2
anime lover girl
post Sep 24 2004, 11:41 AM
Post #1

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 608

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (機動戦士ガンダム00(ダブルオー) Kidō Senshi Gandamu Daburu Ō?, Mobile Suit Gundam Double-O) is the seventh incarnation of Sunrise's long-running Gundam franchise
The twenty-five episode season was officially announced by Sunrise during a 15-second trailer on June 2, 2007.[2][4][5] The series aired on the Mainichi Broadcasting System and Tokyo Broadcasting System from October 5, 2007 to March 29, 2008. On July 13, 2008, a trailer announcing a second twenty-five episode season was aired.[6] The second season began on October 5, 2008 and concluded on March 29, 2009.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

QUOTE ( Wikipedia)
The series is set in the years 2307-2308 AD of the Gregorian calendar. During this time, fossil fuels became exhausted and the distribution of fuels became imbalanced. Humanity must rely on an array of solar power generation systems orbiting the Earth, and supported by three orbital elevators, each one pertaining to one of the three "major powers" on the planet.

With this infinite source of energy benefiting only the major powers and their allies, constant warfare erupts around the globe for fuels and energy. The nations that rely on fuel have plunged into poverty. Many believed that solar energy threatened the "promised land of God". The chaos lead to the formation of a private military organization, called Celestial Being, dedicated to eradicating war and uniting humanity with the use of four humanoid machines called Gundams.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 follows four mobile suit pilots termed Gundam Meisters, sided with Celestial Being. The protagonist is 16-year old Setsuna F. Seiei, a quiet, taciturn young man who grew up in the Kurdish Republic, and a Gundam Meister for two years. He pilots the GN-001 Gundam Exia, a high mobility mobile suit effective in melee combat.

It's still airing, only two episodes till the season ends, tho. Gundam 00 will consist of two seasons. The 2nd season will start in October 2008. So, has anyone watched this series? :3

Genres: action, drama, science fiction
Themes: mecha, military, real robot, space battles, terrorists, war
Episodes: 50
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

=====

Original Gundam Wing:

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, known in Japan as New Mobile Report Gundam Wing (新機動戦記ガンダムW(ウイング) Shin Kidō Senki Gandamu Uingu[1]?), is an anime series in the mecha genre. Original run April 7, 1995 – March 29, 1996, directed by Masashi Ikeda.
(Source - Wiki)

Plot Summary: It is the year After Colony 195, and war between the Space Colonies and Earth has begun. To give the colonies an edge, they send 5 young soldiers, trained to perfection, to earth in the most powerful of Mobile Suits-Gundams. With their arrival, the tide of the war changes as they battle against the Earth forces and the Colonies of their origin.

Themes: mecha, military, real robot, space, space colonies, war
Episodes: 49
Age Rating: PG
(Source - ANN)

-------

Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz, known in Japan as New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (新機動戦記ガンダムW: ENDLESS WALTZ Shin Kidō Senki Gandamu Uingu: Endoresu Warutsu?), is the sequel to Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, both of which are set in the After Colony timeline, an alternate universe to that of the original Gundam series. Aside from being the continuation of the TV series, it also revealed details regarding the past of the Gundam pilots and the true objective behind Operation Meteor.
Endless Waltz was first produced as a three part OVA and later in 1998 a compilation movie was released which also contained new scenes. It was broadcast in the US on Cartoon Network on November 10, 2000.

Plot Summary: After Colony 196 - One year has passed since the war between Earth and its colonies ended. Heero, Duo, Trowa and Quatre bid farewell to their Gundams and jettison them to the sun. Relena Darlian is now the deputy minister of the Earth Sphere Unified Nation. But as the Gundam pilots are adjusting to the peace on Earth, Relena is kidnapped and a new threat appears, led by Marimeia Khushrenada - daughter of the late dictator Treize Khushrenada and heir to the Barton Foundation. To make matters more complicated, Gundam Nataku pilot Wufei has sided with this faction. The Gundam pilots must recover their mobile suits and once again engage in battle before Marimeia's forces succeed on their bid for global domination.

Themes: mecha, military, real robot, space, war
Episodes: 3
Age Rating: PG
(Source - ANN)

-------

--------------------
IPB Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aqua_Alchemist
post Sep 24 2004, 01:16 PM
Post #2

Alchemists

Member No.: 257

Hmm Gundam Wing, used to watch it 5 years ago. Watched episdoes spntaneously, I think the last episode I saw was the one with Death Sycthe Hell or something, can't remember for the life of me. favorite character was Duo though. I just thought the series got well a bit, stupid, towards the end, but I do like some mechas animes, like ZOE, EVA and Raphxeneon (haven't really seen much of that to tell you the truth, but it looked kewl tongue.gif).

--------------------
This section of my signature will be used in memory of Lint the chocolate kitten, that Kase had.

Part of the forum family, Older Brother (onii-chan)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listen to glass factory.....now :P :D

Glassfactory page
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A spell was cast an the sky turned red
The angel's heart froze to ice
In the gloomy sky black clouds were gathering
The silence was broken by cries
A spell was cast an the sky turned red
The angel's heart froze to ice
In the gloomy sky - The silence where dead angels lie

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Sep 24 2004, 01:19 PM
Post #3

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 330

Honestly, everywhere I go, it's always Duo Duo Duo. What's up with you people? Heero is and always will be #1! tongue.gif

Hmmm, it's been a pretty long time since I last saw the end... biggrin.gif Can't remember it exactly. Hehe, Rahx is quickly becoming a favorite among mecha-fans. <__< I don't like it, really. It's just like the Macross series. Although... I liked Macross Plus. biggrin.gif

--------------------
:: King of Shonen-ai ::
:: - Sister to Prinz_Zoisit ::

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Kasumi
post Sep 24 2004, 01:27 PM
Post #4

Brigadier General

Member No.: 135

Same here!

1) Duo
2) Heero

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Sep 24 2004, 01:29 PM
Post #5

Moderator Emeritus

Ooooh, favorite character lists? XD Kakakaka~

1) Heero
2) Zechs
3) Duo
4) Treize
5) Otto?

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Chibi Viki
post Sep 25 2004, 11:03 AM
Post #6

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 32

I think i already know this couple that kasumi can't stand... so before anything else, i'd like to blow your bubbles for a while to pay homage to my once favorite anime... so whatever your reactions are, i wouldn't really care anymore since i'm already used to it.

I am and will always be a HeeroxRelena fan. I believe in their relationship and their love.

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Sep 25 2004, 11:09 AM
Post #7

Moderator Emeritus

Hm-hm, I could see this pairing happen someday. biggrin.gif They have more potential in the manga though. In the anime Heero always manages to make an escape before anything can happen. And you know what? I happen to like Relena! O_O

(Although the DuoxHilde has the most potential out of them all. rolleyes.gif Too bad I don't like Hilde...)

But I like Relena and Dorothy getting it on more. (I mean it) XD Sorry, but those two... just wow. Dorothy rocks. She really does.

My favorite GW female list would be:
1) Dorothy
2) Lady Une (with the glasses!!)
3) Relena
4) ....
5) ....

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
RoyxRiza BigFan
post Sep 25 2004, 12:23 PM
Post #8

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 12

the mechs were pretty badss designs, esp the endless watlz ones and yeah proud of myself that i am a reare heeroxrelena supporter tongue.gif so glad there are people who support HXR..unlike ehm so many evil discrimination against those two..relena ain't that all bad...i mean she ain't as bad as a powerpuff girl rolleyes.gif

--------------------
God is Good and this is why *U*

user posted image

+Quote Post
tainted_roses
post Sep 25 2004, 07:36 PM
Post #9

Citizen

Member No.: 470

i used to watch it back in the past. i didn't watch it everyday since i dont usually like meccha animes but i still enjoyed watching it. my favorite character would be quatro and duo=D as for pairings? none in specific.

--------------------
user posted image
NOTE: onewinged_tenshi is my username in anime-forums.com and im currently using the same siggie. im sorry,but im too lazy to make another one,so i decided to use this one instead-_-;

+Quote Post
Chibi Viki
post Sep 26 2004, 02:15 AM
Post #10

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 32

QUOTE(RoyxRiza BigFan @ Sep 25 2004, 07:23 PM)
the mechs were pretty badss designs, esp the endless watlz ones and yeah proud of myself that i am a reare heeroxrelena supporter tongue.gif so glad there are people who support HXR..unlike ehm so many evil discrimination against those two..relena ain't that all bad...i mean she ain't as bad as a powerpuff girl rolleyes.gif

royxRiza Bigfan.... @.@

we're... KINDRED SPIRITS!!! so happy!!!

don't worry, we're not alone... i found a sanctuary for fans of GWing like us at: Yaoijanai.com

yes, as the title of the page says, not yaoi, not even hints... and there are TONS of HxR and other straight couple fanfics! XD

we're two of a kind, RxR_Bigfan... @_@

pssst... i'm also inlove with the Winged Zero Custom (ova) :,3

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Asakura_yoh
post Nov 14 2004, 07:39 PM
Post #11

Apprentice

Member No.: 1,761

An old anime I could tell... XP
But who cares! As long it is super interesting.. I will go after it. Xd
anyone watch it? e like this anime very much.. especially Heero Yuy XD

--------------------
user posted image
Forgive me of my language use.. I know they are lame -.-;;

+Quote Post
Cloud28
post Nov 22 2004, 02:04 PM
Post #12

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 829

yep, this series was very good, one of teh first animes i saw...
and i thought the dubbing quality was good too. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkWater Alchem...
post Nov 22 2004, 03:19 PM
Post #13

Alchemists

Member No.: 1,273

I have no idea about the dub, I've not watched the all yet, but I kinda like it. Good story and characters. A bit complicated, that political stuff, but better than too easy and repeating everything all the time.
And not too much of the suit-fights. yay.

--------------------
~Guardian Angel of the Shonen-ai Royal Family~
Blessed with Sin: member of G.O.O.P. *hyper about bishies*
deviantart gallery - Divine Crisis

+Quote Post
Animeluva13
post Dec 7 2004, 12:36 PM
Post #14

Citizen

Member No.: 1,655

for me GW was the BEST cool.gif i really liked DuoMAxwell Because he just rulz
and i loved his Gundam Death Sythe custum that looked SOOOOOO COOL
i mean look at this
IPB Image

--------------------
LIke Anime/manga join my forum
AnimeFreak_Hq

Also do u play rune scape and below lvl 70 join my clan its new but it is growing
Minions of Black Dragon

user posted image

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post Dec 26 2004, 12:39 AM
Post #15

Brigadier General

Member No.: 650

well i remember watching gundam wing when i was much younger. but i do remeber that out of all of the characters i liked the crazy old scientists the most. now as for the best gundam wing moment... that would be in Endless Waltz.......Tallgeese III. Its the most insane gundam of all time. it is so cool i would spend the rest of my life trying to make one if i thought it was possible.

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

------------------------------------------------------------
"argh...my neck is one gargantuan monkey fist..."
- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2016 - 02:42 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css