HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Zatch Bell/Gash Bell, What do you think?
Kitoky
post Mar 12 2005, 08:15 PM
Post #1

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,476

Zatch Bell!, known in Japan as Konjiki no Gasshu!! (金色のガッシュ!!?, lit. Golden Gash!!) directed by Tetsuji Nakamura and Yukio Kaizawa and produced by Toei Animation. The episodes were aired on Fuji Television between April 6, 2003 to March 26, 2006.
(Source - Wiki) !

List of Characters

Plot Summary: Takamine Kiyomaro, a depressed don't-care-about-the-world guy, was suddenly given a little demon named Gash Bell to take care of. Little does he know that Gash is embroiled into an intense fight to see who is the ruler of the demon world. All of the demons have to pick a master on Earth and duke it out with other demons until one survives. Needless to say, Kiyomaro becomes Gash's master, and through their many battles, Kiyomaro learns the importance of friendship and courage.

Genres: action, adventure, comedy, drama, supernatural, tournament
Themes: demons, developing powers, fighting
Episodes: 170
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

-------

What do...any of you think of this anime? I ...personally, twitch at it.

It seems like another one of those animes that goes on and on. Though I must admit, I think I'd probably like it more with the original Japanese cast. I find myself twitching at the dub, especially the voice for Gash/Zatch. I find myself already annoyed with the character due to the voice....even more than Rini from Sailor Moon (and she...was pretty darn annoying).

If I had a choice, I'd choose Yu Yu Hakusho over this show - the dub is more tolerable.
The voice for Kiyo - Joshua Seth/Jeremiah Freedman is ABSOLUTELY overused. He's been in Cyborg 009, Candidate for Goddess, Trigun, Big O, Digimon, and Wolf's Rain.

--------------------
[center]user posted image[/center]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeVilSoul
post Mar 12 2005, 11:48 PM
Post #2

Citizen

Member No.: 9,440

Hm,don't know what to think about it,as i've never watch it before.Though my friend told mi it was VERY nice.I was skeptic.Lolz laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Stained_Wings
post Mar 13 2005, 08:56 AM
Post #3

Citizen

Member No.: 7,623

i've seen it... HATE it. to DEATH. augh.... sooo horrible. it gives anime a bad name. and the dub and lip synch? *shiver* oogh. >_<

+Quote Post
LiLhomy4life626
post Mar 13 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #4

Citizen

Member No.: 9,553

I must admit that this show isn't exactly what you call great but at least give it five episodes before you cast it out into the garbage. I think it has the chance to be a great anime! Although that all depends on if the show carries on with it's "current state".

--------------------
Your Face Is Bothering Me, Can You Please Put It Away? Man, People Are So RUDE These Days!

+Quote Post
Kitoky
post Mar 14 2005, 04:17 PM
Post #5

Alchemists

My greatest concern is voice acting...so I don't if giving it 5 episodes is going to make that big of a difference.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mei_tenshi
post Mar 14 2005, 09:18 PM
Post #6

Major General

Member No.: 3,343

While voice acting is an important part of any anime, it's not all there is to it. Really, one episode is too soon to tell.

--------------------

CoF #11

+Quote Post
Crimson Butterfl...
post Mar 14 2005, 10:23 PM
Post #7

Citizen

Member No.: 9,500

Heh...it was pretty cool, however the whole "Champion of Justice" thing is so cliche.

But I like the character of Kyo for some reason...my affinity sense for loners is tingling...but I was thinking, what's the point of being a genius if the world can't see how good you are? tongue.gif Thinking too seriously again.

--------------------
user posted image

My (somewhat) forum family:
~FMAgurl~'s pet raccoon!
MustEd4ever's pet monkey!
Chibi-Usa's little sister!

+Quote Post
Kitoky
post Mar 15 2005, 01:28 PM
Post #8

Alchemists

QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Mar 14 2005, 09:18 PM)
While voice acting is an important part of any anime, it's not all there is to it. Really, one episode is too soon to tell.
[snapback]133194[/snapback]

But it does seem like the series will drag on - it seems like anime has a thing for starting off the series with some sort of bully - and soon after in the first couple of episodes, a bank robbery with hostages.

--------------------

+Quote Post
loa
post Mar 15 2005, 02:13 PM
Post #9

Citizen

Member No.: 2,346

when i first saw it on the guide i was really pissed cuz i LUV Yuyu Hakusho and i wus like, they replaced it with WUT??!! but i watched the first ep. and i guess it wasnt that bad... i like Kyo tho, but not the little guy so much. im gonna watch it some more, to see if its really all that good or not, but for now, i guess i can live with it replacing my beloved Yuyu Hakusho *cries* lol. im so over dramatic. but i love Yuyu, and they were just starting it over!! dry.gif

off the subject- i wus watching Big O last night (nothing else to do) and his voice sounded farmiliar (ive only seen two ep.s of it now, and the first 1 i saw was a long time ago) but i couldnt think of where i had heard it. who does he do in TriGun and Wolf's Rain, if Rodger's the guy you were talking about, cuz id no him from those two animes.

--------------------
feel the blood rushing through my veins
not binded by any chains
You hate and think you're great
But sadly for you, Inuyasha is my mate
As long as he loves me, I am free
But you are not and its something you can't see
Swallowed by jelousy and hatred
You tried to take him from me but, lets face it...
YOU ARE DEAD
Written by: The Demon Rin (Kegomae) - Dedicated to Kagome (DIE AGAIN KIKYO YOU b*tch!!)

Have you ever been in love? Horrible, isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like smile at you, and then your life isn't yours anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination or the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love..

+Quote Post
Kitoky
post Mar 15 2005, 05:04 PM
Post #10

Alchemists

Um are you asking about Kiyo's voice? Joshua Seth/Jeremiah Freedman?

I think he played a cop in Big O, Hige in Wolf's Rain and Young Knives in Trigun.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chibi-Usa
post Mar 16 2005, 07:20 AM
Post #11

Alchemists

Member No.: 2,180

It's good enough to be on but not good enough to be a fav.

--------------------
IPB Image
^ My siggie was made by the wonderful Riza Babe!^

+Quote Post
loa
post Mar 16 2005, 12:04 PM
Post #12

Citizen

QUOTE(Chibi-Usa @ Mar 16 2005, 07:20 AM)
It's good enough to be on but not good enough to be a fav.
[snapback]134211[/snapback]

yea, i think thats how id explain it too. but i still wish theyd put yuyu back on... rolleyes.gif

--------------------
not binded by any chains
YOU ARE DEAD
Written by: The Demon Rin (Kegomae) - Dedicated to Kagome (DIE AGAIN KIKYO YOU b*tch!!)

Have you ever been in love? Horrible, isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like smile at you, and then your life isn't yours anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination or the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love..

+Quote Post
loa
post Mar 16 2005, 12:07 PM
Post #13

Citizen

QUOTE(Kitoky @ Mar 15 2005, 05:04 PM)
Um are you asking about Kiyo's voice?  Joshua Seth/Jeremiah Freedman?

I think he played a cop in Big O, Hige in Wolf's Rain and Young Knives in Trigun.
[snapback]133725[/snapback]

no, what i meant was Rodger from Big O sounded familair, but i didnt no where from... i didnt no the guy who did Hige did other ppl. i luv hige! lol. i might watch ZB just for that then. cool.gif

--------------------
not binded by any chains
YOU ARE DEAD

+Quote Post
Kitoky
post Mar 16 2005, 12:46 PM
Post #14

Alchemists

Rodger's voice is by Steven Jay Blum:

Cowboy Bebop: Spike Spiegal
Rurouni Kenshin: Makoto Shishio
Wolf's Rain: Darcia

--------------------

+Quote Post
loa
post Mar 16 2005, 01:58 PM
Post #15

Citizen

QUOTE(Kitoky @ Mar 16 2005, 12:46 PM)
Rodger's voice is by Steven Jay Blum:

Cowboy Bebop: Spike Spiegal
Rurouni Kenshin: Makoto Shishio
Wolf's Rain: Darcia
[snapback]134290[/snapback]

cowboy bebop! thats where! lol. thank you. i watch the other two, but CB is definatly where i recognize him from. laugh.gif i always did like darcia...

--------------------
not binded by any chains
YOU ARE DEAD

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 07:30 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css