HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Best Drinking Buddy, Who would you [honestly] trust if you got drunk??
Rating 5 V
Best Drinking Buddy... Who would you trust (honestly)...
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 345
Guests cannot vote 
Elemental/Alchem...
post Mar 24 2006, 03:51 PM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,136

a while back on another thread, popogeejo made a comment about "best drinking buddies" and i decided that would be interesting and hard to think about... it really depends on the character and his/her personality

so, thinking of "best drinking buddy," i came up with a list of guys and girls who would be ideal to hang out with when ur in the mood for a swig, or in need of a friend, or just looking to get wasted and have a good time...
(there's 1-2 guys i had to exempt from the list since i'm limited to 10 on a poll, so i chose the 10 "finalists" as best i could based on who, in their own way, would actually go to a bar and interact with the average person)

if i was in need of a friend, i thought i'd go for Roy, Hughes, Al
if i'm wanted advice or just to chat about the day's events i might go to Falman or Armstrong
if i was just looking for a good time, to get wasted and have fun, maybe i'd go for Ed, Havoc, Breda, Greed, Kimblee

but then i realised that if u were drunk...
- Greed would take advantage of the fact that ur too drunk to think straight and steal ur money and stuff
- Havoc would also, but he'd probably try to steal ur girl and then go out on a depressing/enjoyable smoke (which one depends on if he scored with ur girl)
- Roy or Hughes would be alright with it and be a good friend to wait until ur sober or help u to get home or w/e (so would Armstrong, but he'd probably pick u up and flaunt about how strong he is - then the next day when u wake up he'd gloat about how great he was to be nice and strong and carry u home)...
- Falman would be too tired to notice; Ed would get too drunk and go around the bar screaming about shortness and laughing;
- Al would be kind of childish; Breda would just leave; Kimblee might decide to try to use u as a bomb for fun
--after all that my vote goes to Hughes since he seems more the "friend when u need one" type as he helped his best friend Roy out countless times, and maybe many more that we don't know about - to me he's an overall good guy and good friend

--and as an added bonus to this poll - there's the 'best drinking buddy' for girls, yay happy.gif...
girls also need a friend or someone to talk to over a couple drinks, just as much as guys do
so ladies, u too choose who u'd want to be a friend in ur time of need, or who u'd like to hang out with to get wasted and have a good time... w/e the choice, i selected a list of girls/women who i thougt might be a good choice for fun or advice or a basic friend
(personally if i were to drink with a girl on that list, i wouldn't know who to choose; Riza most likely, but i like Martel (she's bad-[All hail lord Xenu] cool.gif ), Maria Ross or Mrs. Hughes would be helpful as a good friend, and Izumi is down-right chill/cool
-- so my choice would be a close one between Riza and Maria)

To the guys and girls out there... enjoy and happy responsible drinking happy.gif

edit in 2009: this was made when there was only one anime show and very little was known of the different manga characters like Lin and Ran-Fan, they were fairly new... so yes i can't change the name "Dante" or others on the poll, but it can still be an interesting poll either way

--------------------
Roy's partner in arms - Maes Hughes:
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Mar 24 2006, 03:56 PM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

Hughes....because he'd at least be able to help me back up..plus he'd be fun himself.

Though Havoc was a close second...OMG..he'd be so funny as a drunk..happy.gif

And Izumi...I don't see her as a mean drunk...she'd probably be quite opposite, lol. And if I'm drunk..she'd definently get me back up...lol.

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Mar 24 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #3

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

I was torn between Greed and Hughes.
Greed would be great if it was more hardcore partying but Hughes is the all round good guy.

Izumi isn't really that mean so she'd probably a giggly,yet still violent,drunk.
I choose Maria though because she's the most calm.Probably up for for drinking games aswell.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Mar 24 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #4

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Ghaha, this is such an awsome idea, I have to give some time to think...
One thing is sure tho, I'd avoid Kimblee!! laugh.gif
I mean, if he's like that without any drinks, I don't want to get "accidentally exploded" just for fun by him when he's drunk!! XDDD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Mar 24 2006, 04:33 PM
Post #5

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 7,890

I'd go get hammered Greed and Izumi, I think they would be fun to get drunk with.

Unless they got into a fight while they are drunk. There would be no way I would step in to break them up, they're on their own.

+Quote Post
Vash_the_Gunslin...
post Mar 24 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #6

Major General

Member No.: 33,355

I voted in terms of trust, like not stealing my money or saying they are good enough to drive even though they aren't. So I picked Izumi and Alex Armstrong. Izumi because she's "teacher". And Armstrong because he's extremely loyal to his fellow comrades. At first I thought Hughes, but then I thought of him trying to discover the secret to Ishbal.

+Quote Post
Fontine_the_craz...
post Mar 24 2006, 04:57 PM
Post #7

Apprentice

Member No.: 32,389

i'd Love to get drunk with the following (because i have):
Roy
Havoc
Greed
Hughes
The person i would want to talk to abour personal problems would be Roy because he knowa me better than everybody else. Riza is a close second because she is a girl.

the person i would want to take me home if i got drunk would be hughes because he is a family man and he wouldnt take advantage of me but he would bother me about it the next day dry.gif .

the person i would love to laugh at if they got drunk would be roy(duh) havoc, hughes,riza, edo, and winry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

"A scattered dream that's like a far off memory...
.....A far-off memory thats like a scattered dream....
.....I wanna line up the pieces- yours and mine."

+Quote Post
Colette
post Mar 24 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #8

Brigadier General

Member No.: 27,366

Responsible? Guess I can't pick Greed then.

I picked Hughes for guys, and Marta for girls.

Marta drunk would be hilarious. She needs to loosen up and have fun more, if you ask me.

Kimbley would use you as a bomb if he was drunk? Pfft. As if. He'd do so sober.

--------------------

+Quote Post
theothersin
post Mar 24 2006, 05:33 PM
Post #9

Apprentice

Member No.: 19,060

My votes for Ed and Izumi. Ed, well it'd just be funny to see him drunk. And Izumi is probably some type of giggly drunk *thinks of Izumi as giggly* ...Wel to some extent anyway. Plus, she's pretty resposible. But if I really wanted someone who I trust it'd be Riza, Maria, Hughs and Armstrong...yup.

But I would like to party with Greed and co. just for the heck of it. To see all the homonculi + Dante wasted would be fun too. Wonder what Envy's like drunk....

--------------------
Armstrong in a speedo.

There, I've just scarred you for life.

+Quote Post
Sin Of Envy
post Mar 24 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #10

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 32,729

With Roy, sure he sound like a nice guy to chat with when your head is full of ethanol. And Izumi, she is my favorite female....AND IDOL!

--------------------
Older sis: Kitty Alchemist :3

+Quote Post
Keoni
post Mar 24 2006, 05:59 PM
Post #11

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 29,992

If I'm the only one drinking I would like to have Hughes with me. He would never take advantage of a girl and at least I would get home o.k.

If it's more of a party thing I would go with Ed, I can just imagine him overreacting. laugh.gif

As for the girls, Not Izumi, she would beat me up for getting drunk! I would go for Winry.

(OMG! This is the first time I didn't vote for Roy! *stares to the screen in shock )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Mar 24 2006, 06:05 PM
Post #12

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

Roy + Alcohol = messy ressults and no eyebrows.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
JoshP1389
post Mar 24 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #13

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 29,359

No Hohenheim? Honestly...

Greed is my pick, seriously, you can't find a cooler guy than him. As for a lady, Riza Hawkeye, but I hardly doubt she'd let me drink. :/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Mar 24 2006, 07:19 PM
Post #14

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

Where's the Fuery option? He'd be such a cute drunk!

I probably wouldn't go drinking with anyone, but I'd probably just be a wimp if I did and play it safe with Alphonse and Shezka. That would be a lot of blushing and drunken adorableness.

--------------------

+Quote Post
merekat4
post Mar 24 2006, 08:54 PM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 22,751

I know I'm really late on this... But I would have to go with Greed and Whinry.

Greed, well because he's just a party animal anyway.

cool.gif

+Quote Post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2016 - 08:15 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css