HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 1: Fullmetal Alchemist - Content Discussion Thread, English dub talk-back start on page 14!
Rating 5 V
Tombow
post Apr 4 2009, 06:00 AM
Post #1

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Talk-back/content discussion for English dubbed episode on Adult Swim starts on page 14.

Please post discussions on episode 1 of FMA series-2 here.
Also, I'm hereby declaring this thread to be Spoiler zone.
Anyone coming in to this thread, please be ready for full of spoilers!! biggrin.gif

* Where to watch this episode

* HD Screencaps, courtesy of AA Battery.

* Transcription of the official English sub of this episode on Funimation.com, courtesy of His Name is Unknown.

* Episode Preview from FMA-2 official JP site:
(The episode title is from official sub, the preview part is translation by Tombow)
Episode 1: "Fulmetal Alchemist"
Issac MacDougal is an ex-State Alchemist called "Freezing Alchemist (Note: naming according to the official English sub)" who has turned against Führer and the government after the Ishival War. Now, he is turned up in Central city. Following the order by the Führer to catch Issac, "Flame Alchemist" Roy Mustang, and an Alchemist with automail leg and arm, "Fullmetal Alchemis" Edward Elric and his brother Alphonse Elric search the Central city for Issac. He seems to be planning something big and engaging in activities unnoticed by the government. What is he planning?

=======================================

Episode Summary: (Courtesy of Edamame)
Introduction: In the desire to resurrect their dead mother, brothers Edward and Alphonse Elric commit the greatest taboo of alchemy: Human transmutation. Tragically, a rebound occurs that causes Edward to lose his right arm, and his younger brother Alphonse to lose his entire body as a result of “equivalent exchange”. Edward sacrifices his left leg in exchange for the soul of his younger brother, which he binds to a suite of armor. Equipped with automail, full-steel prosthetics, Edward and Alphonse being their perilous journey to find the legendary Philosopher’s stone and ultimately reclaim what they lost.

Lieutenant Colonel Roy Mustang and young state alchemist Edward Elric are entrusted by Führer King Bradley to capture the rogue alchemist Isaac MacDougall who goes under the alias of the Ice Alchemist. Both Ed and Al hunt down and confront Isaac, who is astounded by Ed´s ability to transmute without the use of a transmutation circle. Isaac is captured for the time being, but promptly escapes by utilizing his alchemy. During a briefing session, Mustang tells Ed that Isaac was originally a former state alchemist who had participated in the Ishbal Massacre, but latter relinquished his title and joined in anti-establishment movements against the government. After the briefing, the Elric brothers are introduced to Lieutenant Hughes and his family. While the brothers enjoy dinner with the Hughes family, Isaac attempts to join forces with the Crimson Alchemist, Zolf Kimbley. Isaac expresses his anger at the Führer for his actions during Ishbal, and tells Kimbley about his desire to overthrow him, which he considers a noble action. After hearing about Isaac’s break into the Central prison, Mustang confronts his old “comrade” and a great battle unfolds. Ed and Al are soon filled with a new desire to capture Isaac after they see him performing simultaneous transmutations throughout the city, which Isaac plans to use to bring down Central Headquarters; both brothers believe that he posses the legendary Philosopher’s stone. While fighting against the brothers, Isaac becomes aware of the fact that they have committed the taboo of human transmutation. Although the brothers are able to hurt Isaac, Edward is wounded in the process. Isaac runs away from the brothers only to meet face to face with the Führer, and ultimately die by his hand. As all this happens, trouble appears to be brewing in the city of Reole. Just who is the woman on the phone, and how does she know about Isaac and the Philosopher’s stone….

Characters in this episode:
Issac MacDougal: Freezing Alchemist (killed in this episode)
Edward Erlic
Alphonse Elric
King Bradly
Roy Mustang
Riza Hawkeye
Alex Armstrong
Zolf Kimbley
Maes Hughes
Gracia Hughes
Alicia Hughes
Father
Lust
Gluttony

Sound Track info for this episode that's known to us so far: (To be filled)

FMA manga reference: To the readers of FMA manga (To be filled)

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Apr 4 2009, 06:10 AM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 62,174

I read those spoilers...but they're not really that spoiler-y.
Just need to see it now.

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post Apr 4 2009, 07:26 AM
Post #3

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

I know this isn't really the right place to ask but I see it mentioned in the LJ post; What is colour tracing?
Also, is this the ep aired on TV or some special showing? if it aired on TV I'll hit up 2chan for screen caps.

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Apr 4 2009, 07:37 AM
Post #4

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

I know this isn't really the right place to ask but I see it mentioned in the LJ post; What is colour tracing?

I don't know about the specifics, but I think it's an animation technic where, instead of underlining the shapes of the characters with black, you use a "darker" version of the color of the object you want to underline.

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 4 2009, 07:37 AM
Post #5

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Popogeejo @ Apr 4 2009, 04:26 PM) *
Also, is this the ep aired on TV or some special showing? if it aired on TV I'll hit up 2chan for screen caps.

It was aired at the Hagaren Event in Tokyo today, and whoever had bought the DVD Boxset had the 'priviledge' of seeing the first episode smile.gif

PS. Hi to all biggrin.gif

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 4 2009, 08:07 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Welcome to our board, amestris_star!! biggrin.gif

@Popo - Yeah, as amestris_star said, this is based on the special advanced screening of the FMA-2 first episode they had in Tokyo, Japan for people who bought the special "Archive" FMA box set that went on sale recently in Japan and then got the ticket for this special event just for them. I think 2-chan has some entry by someone who attended this event, and then csakuras made her journal entry based on it on her LJ. smile.gif

The official airing of the first episode on TV in Japan is on this Sunday, 5 PM, so that's somewhere around 8 AM in U.S. Eastern time zone?? I don't know how that comes out in the UK, though. ^^

-----------

Based on some other Japanese blogger who watched FMA promo TV program that aired on April 3. This is from the first episode: ...Though, the blog entry is a little ambiguous, so if this info was wrong please don't sue me... tongue.gif

The first scene: Moon in the background, and
Ed: "Geesh, that Colonel sure makes his subordinates work hard!!"
Al: "This, after we already bought tickets to Liore!!"

Just like manga, Ed and Al were off to Liore, but ordered by Colonel Mustang to make a side trip...

I will try to bring more accurate/detailed/better info on episode 1 as soon as I find it somewhere. If anyone find any, please post also. ^^

(Oh, and BTW, I'm intentionally NOT posting the link to this blog site, because this Japnese site has several bloggers making entries on many different subjects including but not limited to FMA, then in the past, after I posted the link for this some site, some helpful FMA fan went to the site, and picked some blog entry that was partially about FMA manga, but the blog also contained stuff about other subjects not related to FMA...you know, stuff like, the blogger went to fishing, and the weather was nice, or something of that sort XD... but the person couldn't read Japanese hence didn't know that, and copied the whole page from the site, and run it through Babelfish, then posted the resulting translation as an FMA chapter summary, and confused the heck out of other FMA fans who read that post.... laugh.gif So, yeah, I'm not posting the link, but if you can read Japanese and would like to know the link, please inquire me personally. ^^)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Apr 4 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #7

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

Csakuras added to her LJ that opening shows Hohenheim growing up (a little early for this?) and that there are lot super-deformed scenes

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 4 2009, 08:26 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Apr 4 2009, 05:19 PM) *
Csakuras added to her LJ that opening shows Hohenheim growing up (a little early for this?) and that there are lot super-deformed scenes

All this is just making me want to see the episode more than ever.
Well, from what is being said, it seems that the production have thrown loads of hints in the first episode, showing that in spite of the fact that it was an anime-original episode, the main plot will be manga based (hence appearance of Father and Hoho...)

@Tombow: Thanks! ^^

--------------------

Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 4 2009, 11:03 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Finally!!! Some episode 1 spoiler from the blog entry by someone who had attended the special FMA promo event that took place on April 4 in Japan and included the premium pre-screening of episode 1.

===========

Place: Central.
Timeline: Before Ed and Al leave for Leore.

Ed is ordered by Mustang to postpone the trip to Leore to take care of other incident.

Issac (original character for this series) is an ex-state Alchemist.
After fighting in the Ishval War, he develops the doubt and distrust for the Führer, and quits the State Alchemist and joined the group that's opposing the Führer.
(His ??) remote Alchemy (note: reminds me of Mei's Xingese Alchemy .. ^^) is made possible by the use of Philosopher's Stone. The stone was probably given (to him) by Lust. There is a scene in which when the stone was used, Father opens his eyes.

There is a scene of Lust talking to someone. (Possibly, Pride??)

The brothers, Ed & Al meet Houghes family.

Another scene introduces Kimbley in the military prison.

Ed and Al talk about getting back their original bodies.
Al tells Ed that he wants to add Gracia's pie to the list of food he would like to eat when he gets back his body. Ed: "Sure, add it, add it."

Issac's keen sense catches about Ed & Al's secret about the human transmutation.
Flashback scene of their human transmutation. (The scene shown is where Ed attaches Al's soul to the armor.)

==============

I guess that's all I can find out from this blog entry. The entry includes more, mostly the writer's guesses and opinions on the first episode, but I omitted most of those, as I would like to wait to form my own opinions after watching the first episode myself. ^^

Gahaha, it turned out that after waiting to read anything on Japanese blog, then making this post, then meantime csakuras has added more entry with added info on the first episode from 2chan on her live journal, and this post was pretty much what csakura has already posted on her live journal. XDD
Anyway, I think in a few hours (or somewhere around there?) the episode 1 will air in Japan, and hopefully we'll get much more on the first episode later today!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Apr 5 2009, 01:31 AM
Post #10

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

Oh, well first episode is over and it's something like KYA! No, really I don't know what should I say. Opening and ending were just great. I'm proud of myself because I understood SOMETHING x]

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 5 2009, 01:33 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (Alzea @ Apr 5 2009, 10:31 AM) *
Oh, well first episode is over and it's something like KYA! No, really I don't know what should I say. O

I'm speechless *__* I need to see a decent version of everything though as the Keyhole TV thing died on me a few times.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Liska
post Apr 5 2009, 01:34 AM
Post #12

Citizen

Member No.: 66,993

Well, I can say that the music is as great as expected. 8) And the ending is quite nice, too.

--------------------
Early to rise, early to bed, makes a man healthy, wealthy and dead.

Fiery atheists, who spend their whole life not believing, spend their whole life hating gods for not existing.

© Terry Pratchett

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 5 2009, 01:35 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Liska @ Apr 5 2009, 10:34 AM) *
Well, I can say that the music is as great as expected. 8) And the ending is quite nice, too.

Ending is all sorts of cute with Ed and Al drawing, how sweet!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Apr 5 2009, 01:37 AM
Post #14

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

Well, and I can say, I'm bit dissapointed. Openings and Endings didn't match to hagaren, and within episode everything was very rushed.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
Sannom
post Apr 5 2009, 01:39 AM
Post #15

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 35,674

I'm speechless *__* I need to see a decent version of everything though as the Keyhole TV thing died on me a few times.

I think the one who advised us to use TVants was right : it's really better than KeyHole. But perhaps that I'm a little bit biased because I don't have a direct connection to Internet and I must go through a proxy, and TVants enable you to configure for a proxy.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 10:13 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css