HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Chapter 54 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others), No future chapter spoilers here, please. :)
Antimony
post Nov 28 2005, 06:22 PM
Post #1

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,225

First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 54 here. smile.gif

For info about the "Reading Reference", go to page 24.

==============

Now that our heroes are face to face with Father we all can't wait to see what happens next. A battle against him is bound to be onesided. Ed and Ling are in pretty bad shape, Al is still missing a hand, and I get the impression that Father is an *insanely* powerful alchemist, and on his home turf and with two of his lackeys at his side. Yikes.

So this would be a great time for Mei Chan and Scar to show up. Under the circumstances a truce would have to be made. They may be able to provide some back up and even fix Ed and Ling's injuries. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when Mei Chan finally meets the Elrics, and the inevitable conflict that will come up between her and Ling.

Will Father pull a James Bond villain monolgue and explain his backstory and evil plot? Is he really Hohenheim/an evil twin/a clone from another dimension? And what is Wrath planning to do with Roy? Thirteen days left!

<Last edited by Michiyo- on June 12, 2011>

--------------------
IPB Image

I've got a deviantART gallery! --> http://nanashi.deviantart.com/
I've got a fan art thread! --> http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=7090
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaizenyorii
post Nov 28 2005, 06:51 PM
Post #2

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,850

i think hoho/"father" are the same person with split personality disorder. remember during the chat pride and wrath had, pride said something like "there was nobody to stop our plans, except father". that could mean that "father" and hoho are 2 different entities trying to control the same body.......

ok im gonna go back to my shroom patch now, and if in 13 days my theory is proven correct, ill invite you all to a christmas shroom party

--------------------

please dont steal my $hit// obey the Crouch

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Nov 28 2005, 07:26 PM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

O_O....I can't wait!!! I want to know...hehe happy.gif

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Koneko_chan
post Nov 28 2005, 07:27 PM
Post #4

Apprentice

Member No.: 6,579

And what if we're not Christian/Catholic?

You gonna leave us on the streets... or something?

Huh?

YOU MAKE ME SAD!!!

--------------------
Friends don't let friends go to hell.

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Nov 28 2005, 09:31 PM
Post #5

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 23,257

More fighting? Come on. Isn't it time for a kinder, gentler FMA?

*Killed by Scar.*

Scar and Mai should be showing up any time now. Hopefully, Pride and Kimbley will also make an appearance.

If it comes to a duel to the death, Scar should take on Envy. I mean, Envy did started the Ishbal war, thus slaughtering his people.

I don't think hohenheim is the Father; none of Hoho's kindness is present in him. I'm sticking by the clone/twin theory.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Kyo_Umerio
post Nov 28 2005, 11:19 PM
Post #6

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 9,505

i also agree. Hoho-papa and Father arn't the same.

i am actually hoping for a 3-way Battle:
Envy + Gluttony + Father V.s. Ed + Al + Ling V.s. Scar (protecting Mei) or they may just exclude Scar and he can watch XD!!! either way it'll be an epic battle guarenteed to leave someone dead... happy.gif and maybe even Mei will find out that Edo is the guy she has been dreaming of XD!!!

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Dingbat
post Nov 28 2005, 11:43 PM
Post #7

Alchemists

Member No.: 26,066

Umm, we'll probably get a glimpse of who the hell Father is. But if Father is smart he won;t say much baout his intentions to the Human Sacrifices. Scar and Mei should come in as well and we will finally know what is it that Mei fears about Amestris. I suspect it was Father... but WHY? Because he's immortal? Not human? Evil?

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Nov 28 2005, 11:49 PM
Post #8

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

I am not gonna guess anything so that it will be a definately surprise for me... (more over, I have my Statistics Exam on the same day as next chapter's release... I should really study instead of playing guess and check here X_O)

one thing I am guessing is that human!Al won't appear in chapter 54 xD;; (if he really does I would be jumping in joy ♥)

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
kokoro_shadow_an...
post Nov 30 2005, 01:53 AM
Post #9

Apprentice

Member No.: 26,554

there's tons of stuff i wanna know...

1) who the heck is "father"...and what's up with the wired chair...and why does he look like hoho-papa?!
2) roy and riza will be separated...what's gonna happen to them?
3) what will happen to roy? (I MUST KNOW!!!)

and most importantly
4) where the heck did hohenheim go after he left risenbul?

+Quote Post
ikimi
post Nov 30 2005, 10:41 AM
Post #10

Citizen

Member No.: 27,135

Does anyone else get the sneaky suspicion that Mei Chan is Ling's half sister? Remember that whole schpeal about finding immortality for the emperor and the different representatives from each of the different clans of Xing being the child of the emperor and a woman from each of the clans? Anyway, if I go by my wack theory, I don't think Mei Chan will be too willing to help Ling, as they are both trying to find the same thing, the failure of which means the end of their clan.

Anyway, sorry if this theory has been brought up/disproved. tongue.gif

--------------------
Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy. --Nora Ephron

+Quote Post
Dingbat
post Nov 30 2005, 10:49 AM
Post #11

Alchemists

Member No.: 26,066

Hmm, Mei Chan's clan is one of the lowest in teh Country. If we follow Ling's information, technicallysomeone from Mei Chan's clan should be one of the Emperor's wives. However I don;t think that woman is Mei Chan's mother...

And they search for immortality for completely different reasons anyway happy.gif

+Quote Post
Animeoldtimer
post Nov 30 2005, 12:22 PM
Post #12

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,503

QUOTE(kaizenyorii @ Nov 28 2005, 08:36 PM) [snapback]321242[/snapback]

i think hoho/"father" are the same person with split personality disorder. remember during the chat pride and wrath had, pride said something like "there was nobody to stop our plans, except father". that could mean that "father" and hoho are 2 different entities trying to control the same body.......

I am still thinking this too. I think he's an alchemy experiment gone horribly wrong. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

--------------------
"Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine... "--The Doctor

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Nov 30 2005, 01:10 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 3,267

Is it wrong for me to say that the scene I can't wait for is for Mei to realize who Edward Elric really is laugh.gif

Of course I am also dying for this mystery regarding Father to finally be solved so I can finally sleep well at night tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Kyo_Umerio
post Nov 30 2005, 03:50 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 9,505

actually.. if you look back on the other chapters recently they have been switching between the Edo/Aru Story line and the Roy/Riza story line... so my guess for this chapter is they are gonna reveal a bit about Father and then its gonna get back to Roy who is in King Bradley "clutches" so to speak XD!!! i cant wait to see what happens to them happy.gif YAY NESS!!!

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
MasterKris
post Nov 30 2005, 04:49 PM
Post #15

Brigadier General

Member No.: 8,833

Already a chap 54 thread?? happy.gif
Time flies fast.

THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL FINALLY REVEAL 'FATHERS' TRUE IDENTITY!! (and PLEASE on what will happen to our Roy)

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!

+Quote Post

24 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 06:44 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css