HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 948 949 950 951 952 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
amestris_star
post Apr 14 2009, 01:21 PM
Post #14236

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (black~hayate @ Apr 14 2009, 09:37 PM) *
I loved it when Madame Christmas said "Shouldn't you been playing with Elizabeth?".

Don't get me wrong, but the first time I read that part my mind went: "Play? WTH? XDDD Isn't that a reference to something else or is it just me?"
Roy, Riza, playing... *evil grin*

Ahem...

- Madame Christmas and Grumman as matchmakers is a hilarious image. I'd love to read a fan fic about that, like how it began or something. I can just see them spying on little Riza and little Roy talking to one another and then whispering to each other, "Don't they look cute together?" and thus the conspiracy begins LOL

And this image is effin hilarious >D

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Apr 14 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #14237

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Apr 14 2009, 01:21 PM) *
- Madame Christmas and Grumman as matchmakers is a hilarious image. I'd love to read a fan fic about that, like how it began or something. I can just see them spying on little Riza and little Roy talking to one another and then whispering to each other, "Don't they look cute together?" and thus the conspiracy begins LOL

And this image is effin hilarious >D

In reading this, it'd probably be even funnier if at that moment when they saw the kids, they were playing nicely (think like the two of them playing in a sandbox) - then the moment their backs are turned, Roy dumps sand on Riza's head which causes her to throw her shovel at him. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Apr 14 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #14238

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

^You guys are reminding me of my own being set up a couple years ago. It's kinda scary.

Well, regardless of where Roy grew up, I'm sure growing up with Madame Christmas as his mom was the major factor in how he turned out regarding women. I mean, I get the sense she's the "tough love" sort, but she also has a softer side to her.

I, too, LOVED the "Why don't you go play with Elizabeth?" scene. Poor Roy... "Elizabeth was taken by another man..." I crack up remembering it! (For the record, that's another one I want to see animated. Hearing it would be just... words can't describe the awesomeness.)

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Apr 14 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #14239

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,859

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Apr 14 2009, 02:40 PM) *
^You guys are reminding me of my own being set up a couple years ago. It's kinda scary.

Well, regardless of where Roy grew up, I'm sure growing up with Madame Christmas as his mom was the major factor in how he turned out regarding women. I mean, I get the sense she's the "tough love" sort, but she also has a softer side to her.

I, too, LOVED the "Why don't you go play with Elizabeth?" scene. Poor Roy... "Elizabeth was taken by another man..." I crack up remembering it! (For the record, that's another one I want to see animated. Hearing it would be just... words can't describe the awesomeness.)

Do you remember wich chapter that was? Would love to find that scene again and show it to Amestris_star

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Apr 14 2009, 02:05 PM
Post #14240

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Apr 13 2009, 08:47 PM) *
Rebecca didn't go to Ishbal. She went to the Academy with Riza and Havoc.

Roy and Riza seemed to be a little intimate, but not too much, cause Riza seemed like that shy kid and she still calls him Mustang-san. Kinda those kids who care about eachother but never get the courage to actually get any closer, you know??

And you're welcome, Tombow ^^

Yes, thank you very much! biggrin.gif

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
Forgiven
post Apr 14 2009, 02:07 PM
Post #14241

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,878

QUOTE (black~hayate @ Apr 14 2009, 04:44 PM) *

Do you remember wich chapter that was? Would love to find that scene again and show it to Amestris_star

Chapter 85, or 86. Something like that.

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Apr 14 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #14242

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (Forgiven @ Apr 14 2009, 02:07 PM) *

I'm blind. Need glasses T____T Can't find it.

--------------------

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 14 2009, 03:17 PM
Post #14243

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Apr 14 2009, 05:14 PM) *
- I think the reason why everyone got so riled up over Roy being vengeful in the manga (forgetting about the anime) is for either what has been mentioned before, they peopel forgot about the anime, or what it is in my case - I've become emotionally attached to the characters of the manga, Roy in particular, and anime!Roy never made me feel anything other than annoyance, really. Their personalities are just so different...the way they talk and everything...that seeing the dorky manga!Roy we know and love become this enraged seemed bigger to me than seeing the anime!Roy who always appeared to be short-tempered lose control. I can totally understand the aftermath of anime!Roy's revenge and I can see both Roys being led to the same fate, but the two characters are so diffedrent that I felt entirely different things as I read the manga compared to watching the anime.
Plus, the "RoyAi" in the anime is kind of strange, don't you think? I felt something more as I read Riza pulling a gun on Roy than I did even the in anime as she cried over his body... I don't know if it's just me or not, but I buy the relationship between them so much more in the manga.
Plus...(sorry for rambling!)...animeRoy didnt fight directly for Hughes, did he? I remember him killing Wrath, but he was directly responsible for Hughes' death, if I'm sitll making sense.

My thoughts exactly. It's not about Roy being vengeful, but we never really expected the Manga Roy to blow up like that. I mean, the look on his eyes.... You never see the anime Roy just loose it like that. He went berserk!!

But, as Claudius already know, I like the anime as well. Just think they should be seen as two different things. ^_~

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post Apr 14 2009, 04:40 PM
Post #14244

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Apr 14 2009, 03:17 PM) *
But, as Claudius already know, I like the anime as well. Just think they should be seen as two different things. ^_~

That's how I see it as well.

I try not to directly relate or compare things between the manga and the original anime because at the heart of the matter, a lot of the core ideas are the same or similar but there is still a rather large amount of differences between the two storylines.

This is not to discredit either the original anime or the manga, but I think if you are/were exposed to one version of the story, definitely check out the other version as it'll allow you to see and form your own ideas about certain characters.

+Quote Post
Forgiven
post Apr 14 2009, 04:55 PM
Post #14245

Alchemists

Member No.: 66,878

QUOTE (black~hayate @ Apr 14 2009, 05:52 PM) *
QUOTE (Forgiven @ Apr 14 2009, 02:07 PM) *

I'm blind. Need glasses T____T Can't find it.

I know how you feel. >_<

Tough love eh? lol. I can just see the punishments now. But its all in love. wub.gif

+Quote Post
Makika
post Apr 14 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #14246

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,737

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Apr 14 2009, 05:14 PM) *

One last thing - I didn't mention this before, but I love your avatar, Makika! So pretty~

Yeah, just think about they together in conspiracy it's funny, read that will be even more hilarious.
I have one fan fic where something close to this happens, but it's in portuguese :\
who want to try, here it is: Makika's Fanfiction

RoyxRizaFan: Hahaha, thanks! I love your sig, Olivier is so cool *-*

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Apr 14 2009, 05:40 PM) *

Hahaha, yeeah, I pratically start jump around the house when I read that for the first time.
Oh, and that is in the chapter 62, around page 43/45/48. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Apr 14 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #14247

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (Makika @ Apr 14 2009, 05:21 PM) *
QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Apr 14 2009, 05:40 PM) *

Hahaha, yeeah, I pratically start jump around the house when I read that for the first time.
Oh, and that is in the chapter 62, around page 43/45/48. biggrin.gif

OMG! Thank you! I love you now xD!
So here is the page for the ones who forgot that ROYAI-ish moment!
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/62/42/

--------------------

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Apr 14 2009, 05:45 PM
Post #14248

Alchemists

From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

I'm gone for a day and return to a bunch of posts. Oh joy! (seriously... I'm happy)

Initially, considering Christmas and Grumman as a couple weirded me out... I don't know why... but it just did. But after reading everyone's posts and actually seeing where everyone was going with this, I do understang the humor behind this. Now whoever said that it would look cute with Roy and Riza throwing sand at each other as soon as GRumman and Christmas turned their backs was just hilarious. That whole mental-image-thought made me crack up.

About the chapter 62 scene, I remember sitting on that page going... "Now is this Elizabeth.... Riza? Or is it just Elizabeth... some curious chick?" I'm a skeptic like that... but Arakawa's mindgames drive me crazy... All these ltitle hints she drops about curious things get me looking like an idiot just sitting there staring at a single page muttering to myself... But I love it.

+Quote Post
black~hayate
post Apr 14 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #14249

State Alchemist (Major)

aaah, cmooooon, there's only one Elizabeth who was taken away from Roy xD.

Hmm... Just thinking. Japanese don't have the letter "L", right? So that's why Alucard from Hellsing is Arucard in the japanese version. So ... Riza... might be actually Liza? (Elizabeth=Liza)

--------------------

Bark! Bark bark bark!

+Quote Post
MyBeloved-a
post Apr 14 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #14250

Citizen

Member No.: 67,348

QUOTE (black~hayate @ Apr 14 2009, 05:50 PM) *
aaah, cmooooon, there's only one Elizabeth who was taken away from Roy xD.

Hmm... Just thinking. Japanese don't have the letter "L", right? So that's why Alucard from Hellsing is Arucard in the japanese version. So ... Riza... might be actually Liza? (Elizabeth=Liza)

...Oh. All this time I thought it was. XD Oops. I guess it's not confirmed.Because when papa-Hawkeye told Roy to take care of Riza , I thought he said Liza as in shorten for Elizabeth. Ah, oh well.
But it's makes sense....She was stolen by Bradley! O.o That sound odd.

--------------------
Maes: “Then what is the problem? If I were you right now, I’d be happy as clam, for goodness sake. You kissed her, that beautiful woman!”

Roy: “This from the married man, your opinion doesn’t count since you’re always as happy as a goddamned clam!”
(Fanfiction by Serenanna "A betting crowd" a conversation on Roy kissing Riza)

Favorite quote ever. XD. Enough said.

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 948 949 950 951 952 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 02:57 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css