HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 937 938 939 940 941 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
riza'slittle...
post Apr 10 2009, 08:20 PM
Post #14071

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,592

I am not coherent right now. That was stunning. I will definitely be rereading that a few times. I got really excited for the Royai moment before she said "just kidding." I really hope that isn't true (though it very likely is) (or doesn't stay true...). Bleh. I hate reality checks. However, in reality, Riza is the best, as we just saw. We should have guessed that guns would prove useful after all her complaining that they weren't! I was pleased to see that she got 3rd in the poll!!! After this chapter, she might have pulled 2nd, even.

jawdrop.gif thumbsup_still.png shok.gif

But what an epic chapter. Need I say that I can't wait for 95? Didn't think so.

--------------------

Still a work in progress but...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Makika
post Apr 10 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #14072

Apprentice

Member No.: 65,737

QUOTE (rainbowcatgirl @ Apr 10 2009, 11:09 PM) *
I have a question .

Riza siad that " The Colonel only calls me Riza when were alone" then she tells Envy " Just kidding", Was she really kidding or not?

I hope not biggrin.gif
We'll just discovering that (with shure) in the next chapters...

--------------------

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Apr 10 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #14073

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

I too cannot wait for chapter 95. One thing that surprised me was the way Roy swore at Riza. She is following his orders and keeping her promise to him. But Roy is so bent on revenge, he seems to have forgotten that 'promise' of theirs.

Also the way that Roy looks throughout this chapter is scary. When he tells Riza that he will kill Envy near the end, the look he gives her is heartbreaking. It is like he is completely lost. But I don't believe that he is completely lost. I think that Ed, Scar, and Riza will talk him out of it, and remind him of his ideals and goals.

Scar could mention the whole "Revenge will consume your soul." (I am glad that it is confirmed that Scar is not all bent on revenge and that he has changed)

I think that Riza will bring him back. She is his rock and she knows him the best. If that happens I think that in my mind that would be a huge Royai scene. Because in chapter 39 we saw how Riza reacted when she thought he was dead. But if in chapter 95 we see Riza "saving" Roy we will see how much they rely and truly trust each other.

Well those are my predictions. Sorry for the rambling, but I needed to get all of that out.

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post Apr 10 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #14074

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

I'll agree that Roy looks rather frightening in this chapter, and that Riza pwns.

It just made sense for her to question Roy's identity, as "he" should have hers. They both knew Envy could change forms, and he even told her to stay back, and then she shows up. With the state Roy was in after Envy shifted to Hughes, you'd think he would question Riza's appearance even more if it were really him(not that those of us who read the spoilers didn't know, but logically it would follow). So, Riza probably had her doubts as soon as he relaxed his hand.

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 11 2009, 02:30 AM
Post #14075

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Apr 11 2009, 06:31 AM) *
I too cannot wait for chapter 95. One thing that surprised me was the way Roy swore at Riza. She is following his orders and keeping her promise to him. But Roy is so bent on revenge, he seems to have forgotten that 'promise' of theirs.

Also the way that Roy looks throughout this chapter is scary. When he tells Riza that he will kill Envy near the end, the look he gives her is heartbreaking. It is like he is completely lost. But I don't believe that he is completely lost. I think that Ed, Scar, and Riza will talk him out of it, and remind him of his ideals and goals.

Scar could mention the whole "Revenge will consume your soul." (I am glad that it is confirmed that Scar is not all bent on revenge and that he has changed)

I think that Riza will bring him back. She is his rock and she knows him the best. If that happens I think that in my mind that would be a huge Royai scene. Because in chapter 39 we saw how Riza reacted when she thought he was dead. But if in chapter 95 we see Riza "saving" Roy we will see how much they rely and truly trust each other.

Well those are my predictions. Sorry for the rambling, but I needed to get all of that out.

In actual fact, after thinking a lot on the chapter, I'm starting to think that the next scene will be a reversal of what we had seen in 39, i.e. Riza will save Roy this time, turning the tables round. Riza was completely lost, when Lust told her that she had killed Roy, went into a savage killing spree against her and hadn't Roy intervened, she would have been dead (and there was also Al there in that case) as she was completely out of herself.

This time, it is Roy that is completely out of himself. He's just lost focus over his primary goal and forgetting of his real aims, all because of revenge. He even swore in her face, for heaven's sake, and that's so NOT Roy.
He's so close to reach his goals, she's so close to make him arrive to those goals. They can't let go now. Not for revenge. Not for killing that thing.
Riza needs to be by his side. She needs to get him back.
(And I need Chapter 95).

EDIT: I think this fanart summarises my feeling on how I would like future events to unfold:

http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/illust/mousou-090411.jpg

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Alzea
post Apr 11 2009, 03:39 AM
Post #14076

Alchemists

Member No.: 54,118

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Apr 11 2009, 11:30 AM) *
EDIT: I think this fanart summarises my feeling on how I would like future events to unfold:

Awww, lovely~! I think this fanart summarises what all of us want to see. Such an ending of this situation would be cute and even kind of possible if Scar and Ed wouldn't be present. Still love it and want to see this happen~

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 11 2009, 03:45 AM
Post #14077

QUOTE (Alzea @ Apr 11 2009, 12:39 PM) *
QUOTE (amestris_star @ Apr 11 2009, 11:30 AM) *

Awww, lovely~! I think this fanart summarises what all of us want to see. Such an ending of this situation would be cute and even kind of possible if Scar and Ed wouldn't be present. Still love it and want to see this happen~

It won't happen I know that, but it's nice to imagine it that way...
Considering... there's always someone around when huge Royai happens, against Lust there was Al. Against Gluttony there were Fuery and Hayate (not that Hayate counts anyway...)
Now against Envy, there's Ed and Scar.
Can we have a time when they're on their own Hiromu, pretty please?

--------------------

Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
StormGoddess
post Apr 11 2009, 07:27 AM
Post #14078

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,523

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Apr 10 2009, 08:37 AM) *
But, about that whole 'fake Royai', I'm kinda wondering now that I've read the hole thing with translations and all: Riza didn't seem to suspect Envy when he first appeared as Roy. Something about what he said when he asked her to keep close and follow (and called her Lieutenant) made her realize it wasn't him... But WHAT made her realize?
From her expression it seems that him calling her lieutenant really caught her attention, somehow.
Or maybe it was the fact that he accepted her following him without much of a fight??

I just think there's something else there we quite don't know about, yet.

QUOTE (Alzea @ Apr 10 2009, 08:44 AM) *
I thought about it to. Just how did she know it's Envy and not Roy...I wonder, I wonder... *still hopes this trick thing was only trick on us, Envy and Ed and 'calling her Riza when they're alone' was true*

Isn't it that Riza can sense if someone in front/back/side/wherever of her is human or not? Like when she first met Selim? Not sure though, but my theory is that she did that trick just to confirm if it wasn't Roy. huh.gif But yeah, really, I hope it's true. *crosses fingers* *prays for more royai in the next chapter*

Uhm... sorry for poppin' out here unexpectedly. blush.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 11 2009, 07:28 AM
Post #14079

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

I was discussing this chapter in another forum and I realized something:
This situation is a kind of test for Roy. He always says his final goal is to become Fuhrer and change the country and even made it a promise for many people and now is the time for him to show just how true is his 'goal' of his and how far he's willing to go to get there.

It's very easy to say you have a purpose in life in times that purpose doesn't go against your own feelings. Even when there's obstacles like people, lack of money and all those sorts of things Roy has been facing since Ishbal, it's not as hard to keep your mind in your goal. It's somewhat easy to overcome barriers like that than overcoming things like your own feelings and desires. Roy will have to choose to either avenge Hughes or stay true to his promise. He can't have both.
If Mustang TRULLY wants to become Fuhrer of Amestris and change that country, he'll have to realize, at this point, that he'll have to sacrifice not only material things or even his 'reputation' or so. He'll have to sacrifice himself and somethings he believe are right.

Up till this chapter, Roy never had to face the true weight of the consequences for his choice of becoming Fuhrer and, before he takes any decisions, he needs to understand all of that, or else, he can regret this for the rest of his life.

Amestris is bigger than him and his will for revenge and if he overlooks the needs of Amestris in favour of his own conscience as he's doing right now, it's better he doesn't become Fuhrer and that would make him as bad as Bradley.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Apr 11 2009, 08:03 AM
Post #14080

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Well said, Turdaewen!

I'm all for Riza turning the tables and saving Roy emotionally. Hopefully the fanart that amestris_star put that link to will become something of a reality. On that note, does anybody know what they're saying? I'd really like to know.

However, I also think (as several people have mentioned), that Scar's there for a reason: he can help Roy. Ed, too. All four present have their share of burdens, so they can relate to where Roy's coming from, and hopefully give him the what-for so that he doesn't go off the deep end. I sense catharsis in the next chapter, and possibly for more than just Roy.

sToRm GodDesS-I don't know if Riza can actually sense whether people are human or not. I think it's more that she just has VERY keen instincts, and she listens to them. Her last name is Hawkeye, right? Stupid question, I know, but here's my point: she has that name for a reason. She is an excellent observer, and generally knows when something is the slightest bit off. It's the Xingese characters who can actually differentiate between human and homunculus without knowing anything about the situation.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 11 2009, 08:21 AM
Post #14081

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Apr 11 2009, 05:03 PM) *
Well said, Turdaewen!

I'm all for Riza turning the tables and saving Roy emotionally. Hopefully the fanart that amestris_star put that link to will become something of a reality. On that note, does anybody know what they're saying? I'd really like to know.

However, I also think (as several people have mentioned), that Scar's there for a reason: he can help Roy. Ed, too. All four present have their share of burdens, so they can relate to where Roy's coming from, and hopefully give him the what-for so that he doesn't go off the deep end. I sense catharsis in the next chapter, and possibly for more than just Roy.

Like I said before, dunno if I said it here actually, this situation is sort of the inverse of the Roy/Riza vs Lust scene. Over there, it was Riza that was completely out of herself, acting irrationally because Lust had told her that Roy was dead. And there came Roy to save her from the whole situation
This time, the situation is different - Riza needs to save Roy, who is acting totally out of himself. He'll be back to normal soon, but Riza has to put back some sense in him, hopefully as soon as possible.
And yes, I agree, Scar is there for a reason.

With respect to the fanart, the only thing I managed to read was the Thank you said by Roy in the last panel.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Apr 11 2009, 08:27 AM
Post #14082

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

It seems like Riza noticed it was Roy when he said for her to ome with him. He called her 'lieutenant' in the first panel, and she didnt seem phased.

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/94/34/

We've seen them alone together before, and he's always called her "lietenant". I like the idea that she recieved the homonculus vibe, but she didn't seem suspicious until he asked her to come along.

@ storm goddess - Welcome to the RoyAi thread (if you haven't posted here before)

@ Turdeawen - nice ideas!

@ amestris star - I LOOOOOVE your siggy!

And this is totally curious, but I think Riza looked so pretty in this chapter! She always does, I guess, but it's been a while since we've seen her...and having her hair down is nice, too!

And Im so happy she made number three!

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 11 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #14083

State Alchemist (Major)

She does look pretty!!! Beautiful, actually. XD
Which is a little strange, considering she's all mad and hurt.

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Apr 11 2009, 08:31 AM
Post #14084

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Apr 11 2009, 05:27 PM) *

And this is totally curious, but I think Riza looked so pretty in this chapter! She always does, I guess, but it's been a while since we've seen her...and having her hair down is nice, too!

Thanks biggrin.gif

Riza rules >D And the popularity contest has shown that wink.gif

Yep, I think the last time I saw her with her hair down was when they encountered Barry the Chopper... and Roy was SO PISSED when Barry was being all lovey-dovey with Riza...
He's so jealous of his woman >D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Apr 11 2009, 08:35 AM
Post #14085

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Apr 11 2009, 12:31 PM) *
QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Apr 11 2009, 05:27 PM) *

Thanks biggrin.gif

Riza rules >D And the popularity contest has shown that wink.gif

Yep, I think the last time I saw her with her hair down was when they encountered Barry the Chopper... and Roy was SO PISSED when Barry was being all lovey-dovey with Riza...
He's so jealous of his woman >D

She was with her hair down while talking to Ed about Ishbal, too, after that.

Ah!! Somebody was asking what was written in the fanart!! It's written:
"Welcome back, Colonel" "I'm back, Lieutenant." "Thank you"

--------------------

Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 937 938 939 940 941 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 08:03 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css