HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA Manga-anime Differences? How Well Are FMA Anime And FMA Manga Correlated?, SPOILERS inside!
Rating 5 V
AlphonseEnvy
post Jun 18 2009, 08:38 AM
Post #166

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,571

Hey! I'm brand new on here, and I'm glad to see that I'm not one of the only FMA fans that actually read the manga. I was really pissed off at the anime for veering off the story line so much that I wanted to do something really bad to the series director!! Anyways, I've been watching the brand new series (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood), and hopefully from what I've seen so far is that they're actually going to follow the books this time. I'm on episode 11 so far, and they've been following it like scary accurate. For me, this series is like a god-send, because the fans who actually read the manga can actually see it "truly" animated!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 18 2009, 08:44 AM
Post #167

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@AlphonseEnvy - Welcome to our board!
Glad to hear that you are following the new FMA:Brotherhood series!! Hope you can join our discussions in our FMA series-2: Brotherhood anime forum!! biggrin.gif

------

@Dickens - You're welcome!! ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 18 2009, 09:22 AM
Post #168

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

Lol how I got into FMA...I wanted a new anime to watch so I randomly took some quizs and they all said FMA and i was like wtf is that, but anyway I was bored so I checked it out and zomg I LOVED IT! Even though on the first episode I watched, someone posted how lame the ending of the series was due to not following the manga, well anyway I loved the series till the end and then despised the movie and the ending alot, for me personally a complete dissopointment and so I read the manga.

I was completley shocked to know just how different the two were, and even though I was originally biasd toward the awesomeness of the anime, I took that back very quickly as I think the manga is 100000000000x better XD Even the part of the manga that the anime supposedly followed, it told the events VERY VERY VERY differently, I don't think there was one episode, even the lior ones that followed the manga's line of events completley faithfully. I guess all the differences have probably been listed here allready so I won't go repeating them, but oh is it just me or does anyone else think that Ed appeared a bit of a cry baby in the anime? I think he has a much stronger character in the manga, like that thing with Barry the chopper in the anime, manga Ed would never have started crying and getting all flustered I don't think, oh yeah an Ed has a weird 6 pack in the anime that actually scares me haha XD he looks more...human? in the manga, lol you gotta admit that picture on the DVD cover is a bit...eep XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
spikeville
post Jun 22 2009, 08:52 AM
Post #169

Citizen

Member No.: 69,606

Yea the anime is cool and i enjoyed how they wrapped it all up with the FMA movie but the manga is better in every way

Id say the two are mostly consistant with each other until they meet up with Greed

Im on volume 17 in the manga and things are really starting to kick up haha

+Quote Post
Karlhagen
post Jul 5 2009, 03:28 PM
Post #170

Citizen

Member No.: 69,902

~ Where To Start?~

Okay, there are probably like 4163156 of these threads but I don't got the patience to look for them... so can someone please tell me what chapter i should begin to read in the manga after i've watched the first full metal alchemist anime (not brotherhood)? I don't got the patience to read the same thing over again so please tell me.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 5 2009, 03:52 PM
Post #171

Group Icon

QUOTE (Karlhagen @ Jul 5 2009, 06:28 PM) *
Okay, there are probably like 4163156 of these threads but I don't got the patience to look for them... so can someone please tell me what chapter i should begin to read in the manga after i've watched the first full metal alchemist anime (not brotherhood)? I don't got the patience to read the same thing over again so please tell me.

@Karlhagen - Welcome to our board!
The quick answer to your question? Chapter 1. Yes, from the beginning. IMO, that's the best way, and I think lots of of FMA manga readers seem to agree. But, you can check out FMA manga-anime difference thread and decide yourself. Technically, most of season 1 of the first anime is "similar" to manga story line. Yet, there are some fundamental differences such as WHY there was a Ishibal conflict, WHAT is the Gate of Truth, HOW homunculi are made, etc., etc. And, the Two sets of Homunculi, they are not even same!! Anime Wrath doesn't exist in manga, etc., etc., and smaller yet important differences such as WHO killed Winry's parents, what happens to Tucker after "Nina" incident, etc., etc. Therefore, I would highly recommend reading Fma manga from the beginning. You can read it up to chapter 72 (currently manga is on chapter 96 in original Japanese version) on our manga viewer.

Anyway, I would recommend skimming through the first post of FMA manga-anime difference thread, and if you got more questions, please post there, and we'll try to help you with your questions there. smile.gif

Closing thread. This thread will be merged to FMA manga-anime difference thread later. smile.gif

ETA: July 15, 2009, thread merged.

--------------------

+Quote Post
japan07
post Oct 12 2009, 03:34 PM
Post #172

Citizen

Member No.: 71,481

~ Moving From Reading Fma Manga To Watching Fma Anime (first Series) Which episode is equivalent to chapter 95? ~

i have been reading full metal alchemist but stopped for a while and i am starting again but i want to watch the anime so i am at Chapter 95 and need to convert to anime ( it is at the part where mustang and them are trying to take over the country and mustang is threatening to full metal if he dose not give him envy to kill. so what anime ep is that about ? i do understand that in FMA the anime seems to be a lot different than the manga .

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 12 2009, 03:53 PM
Post #173

Group Icon

Hi japan07, welcome to our board! We now have TWO different FMA anime series, the first FMA anime series that had a storyline that differed very much from the original FMA manga storyline after the first season of the anime series, and ended up as a completely different story altogether, and then we have a new FMA anime series, FMA:Brotherhood that is currently running, and more faithfully following the original FMA manga storyline. I assume you are talking about the first series of FMA anime on your post, correct? If so, there are NO episodes that are corresponding to that chapter and the following chapters, because by then the first series of FMA anime went off into entirely different storyline. Yeah, sorry, but to see that scene, and the scenes from the following chapters animated, we have to wait and then watch those in the future episodes of new FMA anime series, FMA: Brotherhood. smile.gif

To learn more about the difference between the first series of FMA anime and FMA manga, you may like to check out FMA manga-anime(first series) differences thread.

Also, if you are following FMA manga that far, then I highly recommend watching FMA:Brotherhood anime series that is currently running. It airs weekly in Japan, and also there are official viewing options of officially subbed version, depending on where you live. We just had 26th episode, but I think most viewing options offer viewing of all of these episodes. Check it out. ^^

If you got more questions about FMA manga-anime(first series) differences, please post here and ask. Eventually, I'll move this one to FMA manga-anime(first series) differences thread.

If you got more questions about the new FMA:Brotherhood anime series, please post that on FMA:Brotherhood anime Q&A thread, and we'll try to help you with your question there. smile.gif

----------------------

ETA: Oct 19, 2009. Thread merged.

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 03:14 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css