HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 805 806 807 808 809 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Schubes
post Jul 26 2007, 07:49 PM
Post #12091

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,338

jacksparrow: I dunno i feel pretty young here too.... well i am young, 17

and i have no idea why the heck i like royai... i honestly can't remember. i guess i could just kinda relate to hawkeye a lil and i just liked roy...so i just put two and two together.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anne Packrat
post Jul 26 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #12092

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,242

QUOTE(jacksparrow589 @ Jul 26 2007, 10:40 PM) *
Great, now I feel even younger... Everybody's so much older than me! It's not fair! Even the majority of my cousins... Sheesh! Am I the youngest on this thread?

Oh, CodenameElizabeth- love the picture! The only FMA characters I saw at SakuraCon were Ed, Al, and (don't ask me why) The Gate. There were a couple of odd military uniforms floating around, but they didn't look like a specific character. You, on the other hand, look very much like who you cosplay.

You have to work to be a military character since it's a bit generic. You need accurate props hair, etc. Even then it's a crapshoot. I cosplayed Breda and people thought I was alternately Ross, Roy, Fuery or Hughes.

Hell, when I cosplayed Den people still thought I was Ed Elric and told me my automail was on the wrong arm. sad.gif

Here's a cosplay pic that's kind of Royai so I'm more on topic.

--------------------

Anne Packrat
Writer, Cosplayer, Oddball

"Philosophy for life: Nod your head like you understand, and if stuff starts blowing up, run like hell."

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jul 26 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #12093

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Anne Packrat Wow... um, I couldn't get the Breda one confused for anyone else (Breda just doesn't look like any other character!), and Den's a dog for crying out loud! How they got Ed from that, I will never know... In short, I think it's the people looking at you and not you that's the problem.

Schubes- I'm still just over a month shy of 17. I rest my case. Well, unless somebody ELSE is younger.

Hmmm... Why do I like Royai? The first time I saw Roy and Riza together on screen (which would be episode thirteen since I was just looking around on YouTube), I just kind of thought they looked good together, and then the series progressed and I just started liking them together more and more. I usually root for the canon pairings, anyway. But they really do work well together, in this case.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Jul 26 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #12094

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

QUOTE(Anne Packrat @ Jul 26 2007, 10:50 PM) *
You have to work to be a military character since it's a bit generic. You need accurate props hair, etc. Even then it's a crapshoot.

This is true. I do have trouble discerning some FMA-military cosplayers. I kind of figured the whole thing was crazy-overdone when I decided to do my Riza cosplay, so I was extremely anal-retentive about the details. It helped that I was pretty much a dead-ringer for the character to start with (the blonde, serious type... my friends had me convinced to doing this cosplay before I ever saw or read FMA.) But I got the contacts, the earrings, REAL gun holsters... hell, I actually re-trained myself with handguns recently because I had only shot rifles in the past, and I wanted to be able to convincingly (and PROPERLY...) handle a firearm. One thing that bugs me is when cosplayers handle firearms as though they are cigarette lighters when posing. huh.gif

Anne, I ADORE your dog cosplays to DEATH!! I would love to see them in person (Ohayocon???)
And HOW does one possibly mistake Den for Black Hayate and vice-versa? Den has Automail!! XD

OH. and since, for some reason, I'm in the mood for captioning Roiai photos with blatent sexual innuendo lately, here's one I snagged from the FMA.com gallery about 5 minutes ago:

Attached File  Roiai_WTF.jpg ( 103.5K ) Number of downloads: 39

HOORAY FOR CRAPPY PHOTOSHOPPING SKILLS!!!

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post
Anne Packrat
post Jul 26 2007, 08:18 PM
Post #12095

Apprentice

QUOTE(CodenameElizabeth @ Jul 26 2007, 11:05 PM) *
But I got the contacts, the earrings, REAL gun holsters... hell, I actually re-trained myself with handguns recently because I had only shot rifles in the past, and I wanted to be able to convincingly (and PROPERLY...) handle a firearm. One thing that bugs me is when cosplayers handle firearms as though they are cigarette lighters when posing. huh.gif

Anne, I ADORE your dog cosplays to DEATH!! I would love to see them in person (Ohayocon???)
And HOW does one possibly mistake Den for Black Hayate and vice-versa? Den has Automail!! XD

I don't go quite that far in cosplaying Hawkeye. I'm large so I guess you could argue I don't fit the character, but for her I really don't care. I love Riza Hawkeye and frankly I think I've had the most fun with her as I've had with any other costume.

I wore Den to Ohayocon this year, did you miss it? I entered the Masquerade with the Dante. I'm also the one who broke her ankle in the Masquerade at Ohayocon 06.

Den won't be attending any more cons really until I get it fixed up. The automail's falling apart and it's hot as hell. Black Hayate needs a cleaning but otherwise I could possibly bring him to Ohayo. I do prefer to only bring two mascot costumes or so with me, so it'd be him and Amaterasu from Okami for that con.

QUOTE(CodenameElizabeth @ Jul 26 2007, 11:05 PM) *
OH. and since, for some reason, I'm in the mood for captioning Roiai photos with blatent sexual innuendo lately,

I found this one on one of the ol' Chan boards.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  fma_booty.jpg ( 75.4K ) Number of downloads: 38

--------------------

Anne Packrat

"Philosophy for life: Nod your head like you understand, and if stuff starts blowing up, run like hell."

+Quote Post
Amethyst Sunset
post Jul 27 2007, 02:21 AM
Post #12096

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 38,435

HERE are the Royai Day '07 fanfic/poem submissions.

Phew, what a day. I keep playing Diva's theme over and over on my player...I'm so much into Blood+ these days...and I got my social science exam back. 79% - not bad. Now I must wait for my math test. XD

Menelvir - 'Course I remember your fic. happy.gif Mine's a lot less memorable... It's very good, and we writers do have our days, so no problem. I think it still turned out well.

Schubes - So...many...videos. XD I salute thee! And you're only 17? You're pretty close to my age. ^^;

Anne - I actually know younger Royai writers. XD As for me, I don't think I'll count as young for long, as I'll be 18 in less than 24 hours...

And love the cosplay! happy.gif I sure as heck would recognize Breda and Den...I guess it's because they're not as frequently cosplayed as other characters. Good luck with your future cosplay!

Mwahaha, Roy does want some booty...question is, whose? wink.gif

Ice - Hope you had fun, and we'd like to see the songs.

Liz - True, I support Edwin as well, but it's Royai that gets me more. I mean, it's not just random infatuation or puppy love (pun not intended), but it runs deeper and goes way back.

Well, some people don't take cosplaying as seriously as others...can't blame them for that. wink.gif I want to cosplay as Ed, but right now, I'm still letting my hair grow after my mom had it butchered last summer. Then there's also the matter of making automail...but heck, I can always just crossdress as Roy. XD

Wh00t, more camwhoring! XD Awesome! I'm getting even more excited to cosplay...

Hah, love that pic! XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Jul 27 2007, 05:36 AM
Post #12097

State Alchemist (Major)

LOL@ Anne's picture.
Bless you, 4chan... for never failing to deliver teh lulz.

And no, I've never been to Ohayocon, because it's REALLY early in the year, and I don't fancy driving in January. The memory of KatSnowCon '03 still haunts me...
But if I ever DO go, I WANT to get a photo taken with you in the Black Hayate costume...

You know, the reason I don't have a ton of cosplay is because I go TOTALLY ALL OUT when I do a cosplay. It's a obsession. I've done some ghetto stuff, but it LOOKS it too...

To me, young is under 21.
I, on the other hand, am, like, Geriatric or something. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kenji
post Jul 27 2007, 06:07 AM
Post #12098

Brigadier General

Member No.: 44,341

QUOTE(Anne Packrat @ Jul 27 2007, 03:14 AM) *
Out of curiousity, at 28 am I the oldest one here? I was on another FMA board at a few months ago, and everyone seemed to skew VERY young. So young in fact that at one point, someone told me they were surprised that old people like me liked anime. dry.gif

Age has no boundaries for someone to enjoy Royai... ^.^
Hey, even some 40-something year old director is directing TRANSFORMERS... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Anne Packrat
post Jul 27 2007, 07:34 AM
Post #12099

Apprentice

QUOTE(Kenji @ Jul 27 2007, 09:07 AM) *
QUOTE(Anne Packrat @ Jul 27 2007, 03:14 AM) *
Out of curiousity, at 28 am I the oldest one here? I was on another FMA board at a few months ago, and everyone seemed to skew VERY young. So young in fact that at one point, someone told me they were surprised that old people like me liked anime. dry.gif

Age has no boundaries for someone to enjoy Royai... ^.^
Hey, even some 40-something year old director is directing TRANSFORMERS... laugh.gif

Dude, that's transforming giant robots. People of any age love transforming giant robots. cool.gif

Codename Elizabeth

I have a lot of cosplay, but I've figured out how to do it cheaply. The stuff I compete with is when I "go all out." Generally it's my mascot costumes I do that with. I didn't make the FMA uniform (made all the accessories and holsters though), so I only enter performance with that one, not craftsmanship.

--------------------

Anne Packrat

+Quote Post
Untitled
post Jul 27 2007, 07:52 AM
Post #12100

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 38,823

QUOTE(Amethyst Sunset @ Jul 22 2007, 10:57 PM) *
Untitled - I believe we haven't been properly introduced? XD I'm Amethyst Sunset, otherwise known as Amethyst, or Sunset, or A.S., or Ame, or Chaotic Lullaby (on FF.net). I live in the Philippines too! *couldn't help noticing your signature*

But just as Tombow said, Roy doesn't have to get himself wet. wink.gif Although it would be even more fun if he did...

Ooh, a fanart flood! happy.gif We can't have a Royai festival without a fanart/fanfic/fanwork flood!

Haha hello there! biggrin.gif I'm Untitled. O_O Soooo... Roy doesn't have to go in water then.... Fine, then I'll push him I meant... Good thats, good.. biggrin.gif I'd go swimming trunks.. Dunno looks hotter..??

By the way... Where's MeL? sad.gif

--------------------
Back from the <insert place>. Reconstructing <:

+Quote Post
Amethyst Sunset
post Jul 27 2007, 08:15 AM
Post #12101

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 38,435

Kenji - Royai is timeless. XDDDDDD *shot for utter cliché*

Untitled - I wanted Ed to push him XDDDDDD Or me

But come on, in the water or not, Roy is still hot. wink.gif

Come to think of it, I haven't seen MeL in a while either...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schubes
post Jul 27 2007, 08:38 AM
Post #12102

Citizen

Member No.: 47,338

Amethyst Sunset yea so many videos XD and yea I just turned 17 on June 11 (no i'm not kidding) laugh.gif

Yay! I'm back to working on the amv!!! tho I'm going a little out of order cuz I can't think of anything for the choruses! sad.gif
If I could figure that out then i'd b soooo close to getting this done! biggrin.gif

So here's what i have done on the video wink.gif
There's a place off Ocean Avenue
Where I used to sit and talk with you
We were both 16 and it felt so right
Sleeping all day, staying up all night
Staying up all night

There's a place on the corner of Cherry Street
We would walk on the beach in our bare feet
We were both 18 and it felt so right
Sleeping all day, staying up all night
Staying up all night

If I could find you now things would get better
We could leave this town and run forever
Let your waves crash down on me and take me away

There's a piece of you that's here with me
It's everywhere I go, it's everything I see
When I sleep, I dream and it gets me by
I can make believe that you're here tonight

That you're here tonight

I know somewhere, somehow we'll be together

I remember the look in your eyes
When I told you that this was goodbye
You were begging me not tonight
Not here, not now

We're looking up at the same night sky
And keep pretending the sun will not rise
Be together for one more night
Somewhere, somehow

I know somewhere, somehow we'll be together

+Quote Post
Menelvir
post Jul 27 2007, 08:38 AM
Post #12103

Alchemists

Member No.: 46,907

Welcome back, Icey! Hmm... I didn't realise you were away, but then again, I've been away from the forum for most of the week too! Heh hope you had fun!

And enjoy HP7! I certainly did... Read it twice, even! But now that I've lent it to a friend, I'm starting to re-read the series... backwards... happy.gif

Same for you, Liz! Enjoy HP7. Some of the deaths really got to me though...

Nice cosplay pic you've got there! Naughty, naughty, Roy!!

It's okay, jacksparrow589! I'm quite a bit younger than 28 too, so you're not alone there! *sings: "I am sixteen going on seventeen, I know that I'm naive~~~* (Heh no, I'm almost 19 actually)

Don't think I've welcomed you to the forums yet, so here it is: Welcome!! *throws e-confetti*

Waaaait a minute... Are you the jacksparrow589 that's been commenting on my Twilight Dreams? Heh, if so, thanks for all the nice stuff you've said! happy.gif

Ouch, Anne, how can anyone mistake Den for Ed?! Well I know he's the dog of the military, but that's supposed to be figurative!! tongue.gif

Had a good laugh at the cosplay Royai picture though! I like Ed in the background pointing and laughing...

And the "pirate" Roy one... Arr! For some reason I'm thinking of a Jack Sparrow-Roy Mustang hybrid... o_O The only problem, of course, is that if Roy's useless in the rain, he'll be more useless in a storm... happy.gif

Thanks for the kind words, Amethyst Sunset! No, of course yours is memorable too!

Heh, Kenji, that's not the point. My friend once pointed out that if you actually remember watching the Transformers cartoon, then you're too old! And it's true, I had an ex-colleague who is 28-ish, and he adores those transforming giant robots... Was quite weird to hear him going on about them, because he's supposedly much more mature than me, a part-time staff...

Untitled: that's sooo mean... But it'll be fun to push him in, especially if he can't swim...*evil grin*

Schubes, wow, happy belated birthday, dearie!! Here, have some cake! *hands out a slice of e-cake*

--------------------

~A painless lesson is one without any meaning; There is no coming to consciousness without pain~

Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post Jul 27 2007, 08:40 AM
Post #12104

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE(Anne Packrat @ Jul 27 2007, 10:34 AM) *
The stuff I compete with is when I "go all out." Generally it's my mascot costumes I do that with. I didn't make the FMA uniform (made all the accessories and holsters though), so I only enter performance with that one, not craftsmanship.

Haha-- you are the Queen of Mascot cosplay for reals.
My one friend does a ton of mascot cosplay, and I also know a few fursuiters, and that stuff does NOT come cheaply!

LOL-- didn't make my costume either. Thr base construction was commissioned from a friend in Massachusetts. I DID buy all of the materials (I'm very picky about fabric choice), construct the holsters, construct and attach the silver trim (pain in the ass...), massacre a bodysuit for the undershirt (involved cutting off/hemming sleeves, removing a zipper and making a snap-crotch...), figure out a way of doing the hair (my hair is only a bit past chin-length, and very thin. I used a clip-in extension attached to my own hair in a VERY odd way...) and hunted down all the accessories (pins, contacts, earrings, etc.) I have done Masquerades on an exhibition basis with it. I do not compete anymore since I have taken over MANAGING Masquerades instead. Just wouldn't be fair in my eyes.

Roy wears boxers.
AND swim-trunks.
In my opinion, anyway... XD

Riza is a one-peice kind of girl.
Both on and off the beach.
She's go the conservative route... much like me.
(I'm not a 2-peice girl at ALL. At least not at my present weight. LOL!)

And yes, I watched many a transforming robot cartoon as a kid.
My favorite was VOLTRON. XD
My ex-college roomate did a Voltron cosplay earlier this year. (Princess Allura. It was quite fabulous. And VERY PINK.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anne Packrat
post Jul 27 2007, 09:13 AM
Post #12105

Apprentice

QUOTE(CodenameElizabeth @ Jul 27 2007, 11:40 AM) *
QUOTE(Anne Packrat @ Jul 27 2007, 10:34 AM) *
The stuff I compete with is when I "go all out." Generally it's my mascot costumes I do that with. I didn't make the FMA uniform (made all the accessories and holsters though), so I only enter performance with that one, not craftsmanship.

Haha-- you are the Queen of Mascot cosplay for reals.
My one friend does a ton of mascot cosplay, and I also know a few fursuiters, and that stuff does NOT come cheaply!

LOL-- didn't make my costume either. Thr base construction was commissioned from a friend in Massachusetts. I DID buy all of the materials (I'm very picky about fabric choice), construct the holsters, construct and attach the silver trim (pain in the ass...), massacre a bodysuit for the undershirt (involved cutting off/hemming sleeves, removing a zipper and making a snap-crotch...), figure out a way of doing the hair (my hair is only a bit past chin-length, and very thin. I used a clip-in extension attached to my own hair in a VERY odd way...) and hunted down all the accessories (pins, contacts, earrings, etc.) I have done Masquerades on an exhibition basis with it. I do not compete anymore since I have taken over MANAGING Masquerades instead. Just wouldn't be fair in my eyes.

I'm judging craftsmanship for the first time at Colossal next year. A bit nervous about it, seeing as how it came up out of the blue.

Heh, I don't do the earrings as my ears aren't pierced and I haven't been able to find clip ons like hers. Pins I have, and I do make sure my rank is right (though right now it's set to Breda's rank). I do the same thing with my hair, a ponytail extension turned upside down and clipped. The problem is that my hair is very thick, and often breaks whatever barrettes we use to hold it in place.

Actually I've learned to do my mascot cosplays relatively cheaply, maybe a hundred dollars or so depending on the cost of material. I'm really the only one who uses my method though, and I never use faux fur (or any fur really) since I'm rather allergic. So often fursuiters say my stuff is not as good because it's not made of fur.

Oh, and Menelvir I don't have Roy as Jack Sparrow but I do have this.

--------------------

Anne Packrat

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 805 806 807 808 809 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 01:33 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css