Chaos Theory, Let the chaos begin!
Rating 5 V
Razzy
post Jan 26 2011, 05:31 PM
Post #46

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

(Why is it that I'm the only one who's never busy? It's kind of pathetic on my part... laugh.gif)

The shadow really was not concerned for Tom whatsoever, but knew that this would somehow come back to be an inconvenience. If the half-breeds were to possibly rip apart the body the shadow was currently in, the shadow wanted nothing to do with that; it knew that pain was not a pleasant experience.

After glaring at Pierce for a long enough time, the shadow sighed, ready to give up its control; it was hesitant, but willing (given the circumstances), to risk having to wait until God-knows-when to be given control of the human body again.

But luck must have been on the shadow’s side, as Mara showed up. 'Tom' could not help but throw a smirk in Pierce’s direction.

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Jan 28 2011, 12:48 PM
Post #47

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,405

As Mara`s attention turned elsewhere, mainly at the gang members, Pierce grinned at the anger glimering in her eyes. He clapped his hands together to get everyone`s attention, he realized that it was best to defuse the situation and that the shadow had another task coming up. True enough he could have been subtle with his delay tactic, but it was the best could do on the top of his head and the best thing about it was, that now the train schedules would get messed up and prevented the two escapees leaving the city. They had at least bought enough time and if they acted quickly they could be on their tracks in a heartbeat.

"And it never crossed your mind to follow them?"

Pierce inquired bluntly as he stood up and glanced back at Tom with calm yet firm look in his eyes.

"Find them, NOW."

He commanded, he was not about to suffer anymore talkback neither were these thugs as they seemed to be getting more and more anxious by the minute.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Jan 28 2011, 03:10 PM
Post #48

Alchemists

Member No.: 47,159

Mara just stood there, as Pierce's words hardly seemed to reach her, but when the order was given to Tom she finally seemed to react. She looked at Pierce for a second, a sly smirk in her lips, before she turned around and started walking away...something quite strange considering she normally wouldnt follow orders so easily, not to mention orders for others.

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Jan 31 2011, 01:50 PM
Post #49

(Sorry for the late post. I was sick over the weekend. ^^U)

Finally giving in (but not without an agitated sigh), the shadow headed down the station, where it thought it might spot the suspects. In this body, it was more difficult to gain the same kind of infinite knowledge that was continuously whispered into Tom's ears; it seemed to be more advantageous to relinquish power back to Tom, but the shadow would not have that.

Still, it was not a complete burden. Although its comrades would not help out the shadow, it could still look for the suspects by itself; it just needed to find them through some kind of channeling, by "looking" through the shadows.

'Tom' then announced to Mara and the thugs while heading back toward the city, "They're moving in this direction. They suspect something, so they're moving quickly, and they're trying to hide by moving in the crowd..." The shadow laughed at the suspects' futile effort, and led the others in their direction.

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 1 2011, 01:56 PM
Post #50

Alchemists

(Mai, you can post about Mara joining the fray, if she wants or her reaction to the events. Same with Razzy, but since you came up with he descriptions for these characters, dare I assume you had something in mind for them? You can rp as the duo, if you want.)

The group bolted after `Tom`, who led them after their prey. The gang members made it efficient in clearing the way as most commoners realized to stand aside as they saw a group of heavy muscled thug rushing towards them. The crowd at the station seemed to split as they realized, that something was going on and no one seemed to want to take part in it. The duo, that had disappeared into the crowd, came into view and Pierce managed to get a good look at the culprits. The pale, white haired young man and the cloaked figure were only mere ten meters before them. However after having seen them once Pierce had an uneasy feeling, that the duo was not going to come quietly and they could hardly afford a public scene.

Pierce suddenly grabbed `Tom` by the sleeve and slowed down the entire group behind him with a venomous glance. There was momentary anger and confusion written all over the gangsters faces as they saw the duo slip out of the crowd at the entrance of the station. Pierce kept walking towards the entrance, delaying his group a little bit longer allowing the duo some space to breathe and allowing them to think they had shaken their tail. After a moment the Chaos members and the gangsters emerged out of the train station with Pierce eyeing the streets with icy calm.

"We need not make this a public debacle when we can settle this somewhere with less prying eyes. I think Malphas would appriciate not drawing anymore unnecessary attention than he already has from local authorities. You, shadow, lead on. Now we can at least deal with them in peace."

The group seemed to pick up the phase they had before Pierce had abruptly told them to slow down. The shadow Tom, lead the group in the alleyways where the duo had slipped in order to avoid detection. Pierce had no idea where they would head next, but most likely they would seek out any kind of transportation to depart from the city because a fire had been lit up under their asses. The duo seemed to be heading in single direction without making any turns and the gang liutenant ordered his pack to spread out, covering parallel alleyways in order to make sure they did not miss them and so that they could surround their prey. Pierce could vividly imagine a pack of wolves hunting for their prey with a glee of bloodlust in their eyes.

Upon crossing into the western district of the city, they sighted the runaways, who had apparently chosen to slow down as running around the alleyways might have been rather suspicious, if they had been spotted. Clearly these two wanted to avoid any kind of attention, either for good or ill. Before Pierce could react the wolf pack of gangsters had moved in around the duo, seeking to surround them from the alleyways. Finally the duo realized, that they had been found out yet again and they broke into a feverous sprint for the opening ahead, but to no avail. Slowly, but surely, overcoming the speed of the escapees the wolf pack closed in around the duo after a few street blocks. They stood at a dark dank, intersection of alleyways as bloodlust filled eyes glimmered in the darkness around them. The duo stood back to back, not saying a word and seemingly remained defiant.

Pierce the overbearing silence and glaring was broken by a heavy, weary sigh from Pierce, who had placed cigarette between his teeth. The duo seemed to realize, that he was not one of the pack and seemed ever more cautious. Pierce sluggishly drew out his matches and lit his cigarette before tossing the match away with a bit of theathrical flare.

"Now.... I know, that I really don`t have a grudge against you two or nothing, but Ive got to hand it to you. You managed to stir up the hornet`s nest pretty well and you`ve got to have talent to get underneath Malphas`s skin...."

"And now your gonna pay for it, me and the boys here are going to administer our retribution, slowly and painfully. At the end of it all we are going to drag your half-dead asses to the gallows and set yet another fine example." The lieutenant cut Pierce off before he could finish and stepped before Pierce, administering his authority and in an attempt to show his superiority over Pierce to the duo.

"Well....that is a fine sentiment..."

Pierce said with an over-dramatic tone in his voice before the first gang member fell down dead on the ground. Pierce had a feeling, that this prey when cornered would prove that much dangerous than most members of the pack. One, eager member of the pack had jumped the gun and wanted to get the first crack at their prey. He died in one strike, Pierce`s heart would have skipped a beat, if it had been functioning. Tough it was never his heart to begin with.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Feb 8 2011, 02:54 PM
Post #51

The shadow stepped away from the dead thug with a scowl and muttered, "Yeesh. How unfortunate..." It wanted to leave the soon-to-be chaotic scene right then and there, but had a dreaded feeling that that was not the best of ideas.

Then again, it couldn't do much. Tom's body had no shadow (since it was clear where it was now), and therefore had all the wonderfully ordinary powers of a delicate gentleman. The shadow really was in a predicament, and could only sigh in frustration.

"Well, it looks like if I stay, I'll only end up getting Tom here killed. And that's no good for me, is it? He really is nothing without me anyway, you know, and I'm more useful when I'm where I should be. But just you wait; I'll be back."

And with that, it went back to its proper place, and Tom was back in his proper place. He was not overcome with panic, despite the fact that one of Malphas' members was just struck dead without any difficulty. Still, Tom was surprisingly calm.

The duo seemed to be waiting for the next attack, waiting patiently with a threatening glare. Obviously, they would not be taken down by one attack. If the duo could be separated from each other, well, they might still be very strong...

Although the duo would probably hear, Tom still muttered, "It would be best to all try at once, wouldn't it? We're not strong enough separately."

So, without hesitation, his shadow shot like a bullet between the duo, separating them and attempting to physcially restrain them, hoping Pierce and Mara and the remaining gangsters would attack while Tom still had them.

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 8 2011, 03:13 PM
Post #52

Alchemists

It appeared, that the gang members did not need any further encouragement to attack the duo as they all pounced at them. In a matter of moments two laid dead, but it appeared that they did not care about any casualties these two could inflict upon them. Pierce grinned, he was annoyed that the shadow had attacked first as now he would have to take part in the battle. Pierce had hoped to avoid any further conflict and allow the gang to deal with these two, but it appeared that the duo were too troublesome for these thugs to tackle them alone.

A flame engulfed Pierce`s right hand and he leapt forward slashing at the white haired young man, who took note that the undead joined the fray and quickly evaded the attack. The young man paused for a second as, if to observe the new enemy before him, but chose to ignore caution and charged at Pierce. Pierce had an inclination of what was coming and he spun his hand in a circle creating a wall of flame, that acted as a barrier between him and those devastating blows that the man seemed to be capable of dealing out. The gang members had chosen to circle around the young man and attack him when he was occupied with Pierce, but they had little success in dealing him a mortal wound.

A few scratches here and there with the gang members having received moderate wounds, but nothing life threatening. It appeared, that the phase of the battle had been slowed down and everyone knew that the longer this dragged out, the more likely were the odds of killing these two without anymore casualties. Pierce decided to change gears as the flame his hand extended and as he slashed his hand towards the young man, the flame extended into a whip-like form, scratching the target by a hair`s breadth. Pierce did not relent and neither did the gang members as they attacked whatever openings Pierce could afford to provide them.

It looked as tough it would be over soon enough. Still Pierce had a feeling, that these two had more than this up their sleeves.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Feb 8 2011, 06:27 PM
Post #53

Alchemists

Suddenly, amid all the fighting, the whistling sound of metal cutting the air was heard...and a silver dagger was buried in the wall, inches away of the white haired man's head. Mara smirked softly as she stepped forward twirling the other dagger in her hand "Seems like we have the upper hand in here..." She whispered, bloodlust in her eyes as an electric yellow taint seemed to spread in them. "Does this give you memories or ideas?" She asked the half-demons in mockery.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 9 2011, 08:59 AM
Post #54

Alchemists

As the situation grew ever more desperate for the duo, the male culprit, who was being cornered inch by inch, seemed to make a concious choice of letting himself receive whatever was coming his way. Pierce ceased his attacks as the young white haired man rushed forward in what he could only describe as berserker like rage. The gang members were tossed aside with ease and the young man leapt into the middle of the alleyway as Pierce chose not to interfere with his passing. Pierce froze as he witnessed the man chanting something, whatever he was saying escaped Pierce, but he had an inclination of what the man was after.

On the other side of the battle, the robed figure suddenly leap high into the air and landed on a nearby rooftop leaving dumb-found half-demons staring at her with astonishment. The white haired man completed his chant and exploded into a torrent of white light, that swarmed over the alleyways like an explosion. Pierce could only shout a muffled warning over the explosion as the white explosion ripped away the flesh of the half-demons, who stood near the center of the alleyway. Pierce enveloped himself in a globe of fire, that swalloved him whole and protected him from the suicide spell. Pierce grinned quietly as he recalled having witnessed similiar events once before and back then he was the only survivor.

As the white explosion ate away at most of the half-fiends, who yet remained, the cloaked figure speeded away from the scene of the carnage. It was over in a matter of seconds and the blinding light dissapated. The globe of fire surrounding Pierce disappeared as, if smothered by some invisible force. Pierce glanced at the carnage surrounding him, the white haired man was gone, his body exploded into dust along with all those unfortunate to have stood near him without any means of protecting themselves. As the few stragglers gathered around, Pierce walked up to where the suicider had disappeared into a blinding flash and that was a very accurate description. The young man`s clothes were still there along with a short blade he had concealed in his sleeve. Pierce knelt to search through the pockets as the gang members left to pursue the escapee.

Pierce had very little interest in continuing the pursuit as he had done his part and more, but he did want to see, if he could learn something more about the mysterious duo. Pierce removed three letters, a key and an insignia from the clothes. He stuffed the items in his pocket save the insignia as he raised it up above his head. He examined the insignia in the pale moonlight with a less than thrilled, expression shadowing his face.

"Hah..." He exasperated as tough he had forgotten to draw breath for a few seconds as the examined the insignia, that depicted a figure with four sets of wings on his back. "Damn Templars..." He muttered out loud after a while.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Feb 9 2011, 09:08 PM
Post #55

Alchemists

Steam coming from her burnt skin, Mara frowned angrily as she got up from her knees "f*!@ing bastard..." She hissed -more in anger than in pain- as she touched her cheek, the skin already healing and her true demon face once again being concealed. "So...any theories?" She asked Pierce, as she walked closer to look at symbol he was holding in his hands.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Feb 10 2011, 08:11 PM
Post #56

As soon as Tom had seen what the white haired one was doing, he had sunk back into the shadows until the explosion died down. He was still slightly in shock as he reappeared, though he soon joined his co-workers, who seemed to be focused on some kind of symbol. He had no idea what it meant, but figured it could only mean it would lead them to something, or someone.

"Hm? Templars? Is that who we're chasing down next?" he asked.

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 12 2011, 12:29 AM
Post #57

Alchemists

Pierce glanced at his underlings with a bland expression, that held under lying antagonisim over their ignorance and the fact that they did not even realize, that their part in this fiasco was over, hopefully. Pierce tucked the symbol away in his pocket and grinned widely as tough annoyed by their questions.

"NO." He bluntly informed them without the slightest shred of hesitation, answering both of their questions. "We need to get back to the office, this whole affair is no longer just a hunt for a loose cannon and I, knowing to leave well enough alone, do not like sticking my head out where I have no business. Business, that involves a pointless war that has been going on for centuries behind the scenes of humanity...."

He said with a slightly cautious and aggravated tone, he even could have sworn that he felt a headache coming on. He saw it best to return to their office and continue the discussion there lest they wished to be affiliated with sight of dead bodies or the racket the fighting had brought about.

----------

Upon returning to the office, Pierce sat in his comfortable recliner and leaned back as he lit a cigarette in a lax fashion as he always did. Yet in his own `mind`, after who knows how long, he felt truly troubled. He could see a few idiots taking on the half-fiends, but to make matters worse they must have been scouts and/or spies of the templars. Needless to say not many knew about the existance of the templars and rightfully so, a group affiliated with the backstage of politics and warfare added with a fanatical flare did not come across as basking in the sunlight. Pierce tilted his head back and blew smoke out of his nostrils before he glanced at his employees, who seemed puzzled over his caution. Pierce grinned again, digging up the past always troublesome.

"I take it you both are familiar with the Pure Order?"

Pierce asked rhetorically because they had to. It was a religious organization, that normal humans followed, almost one twelfth of the world, in fact. They believed in three gods, each symboling certain virtues and values. Pierce never saw much point to them nor had he seen them perform miracles of any sort, but suprisingly he knew that some priests had something different about them and were even able to see things for what they truly were unlike the common peddlers on the streets, but that was a very, select, elite group.

"The templars are a shadow organization affiliated with the Pure Order, needless to say they are simply too scandalous for the Pure Order to acknowledge them publicly. They are an organization of warrior-priests, fanatics and demon-hunters, who draw their recruits from the Pure Order and any place, that has been plagued by demons or any unnatural, that has gone out of control. In addition to their fanatism, they choose to believe that there is a fourth god out there, one that represents what one may degree as `divine wrath or justice`. Hence the eight winged figure on their symbols as where the three other gods are depicted as having one, two and three sets of wings accordingly.

These fanatics have been waging a war on all demonic beings for the last century, believing themselves as `saviours` of humanity and that when their struggle ends it will be the day, that the world is purged of all demonkind...."

Pierce recounted a bit of the history involving the organization, but was not very forthcoming as to how he knew all about this when not most of the supernatural beings of the city had very little, if any information on them.

"So I am going to tell Malphas about this, give him a fair warning as it were and wish him the best of luck in taking on these fanatics. It`s not my battle and I happen to have a survival instict still within me..."

Pierce said with a certain degree of hostility as, if awaiting a rebuttal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Feb 12 2011, 06:29 AM
Post #58

Alchemists

Mara just listened to the story with a plain look of boredom and annoyance in her face...after all it wasnt the first time she heard about a crazy-fanatical group of religious humans that thought they could kill her kind.
"Wait...am I the only one that sees the "wrong" in this? You're actually saying that a group of SUPERNATURAL-BEINGS has a twisted alliance with a bunch of fanatical HUNTERS?" She asked skeptically "I dont know about you guys, but according to me that dosent happen quite so oftenly...unless those freaks were angels or something, which I highly doubt" She grumbled, knowing that could only mean one thing: war.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 13 2011, 12:30 PM
Post #59

Alchemists

"Angels?"

Pierce said with contempt in his voice as he glanced over at her. He shook his head whilst rubbing his forehead with a grin.

"Hardly, if those were to even exist, the one, who killed himself was human to the core. The templars have dwelled into more arcane lore and dark arts than any of them would want to admit, the souce behind their so called `divine retribution` is powered by something, that the Pure Order would view as heretical. But they are fanatical, desperate to a good measure and that is why it is no wonder, that they would fight fire with fire or seek weapons where-ever they could be gained."

Pierce explained the events of the night all tough even he had to admit, he did not know what the other templar had been by it`s true nature, but honestly he could care less. Whatever creature was foolish enough to associate with the templars would deserve whatever fate, that was going to befall it in the hands of the half-fiends.

"There are clouds on the horizon and I am not about to pretend, that nothing is happening, but I sure as hell know what battles are worth taking part in. This is one battle, that is not worth getting involved in, AGAIN."

Pierce spoke with a certain degree of venom in his voice as he spoke about what was to come.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Feb 13 2011, 06:10 PM
Post #60

Alchemists

To the comptent in his voice Mara rolled her eyes in annoyance, slowly getting used to all her ideas being rejected. But to his last comment she couldnt help raising an eyebrown in curiousity.
Since the Malphas conflict had started, so did Mara's doubts...about pretty much everything: Chaos, the gangs, Tom and Pierce. Suddenly she was wondering if she was in the right side...but thoughts like that were something she rarely allowed, since she still had some unfinished business in Chaos....

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 06:54 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css