Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dvd Extras For Volume 1: The Curse
Kirara
post Jan 20 2005, 08:58 AM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,267

That sucks, I was really hoping for monthly releases, I really think bimonthly releases is dragging it out too long.

Also I will be flying back from Italy on the date of the volume 3 release, so I guess my copy will be waiting for me at Suncoast when I return. wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jan 20 2005, 12:22 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 250

Ah quit yer whining Kirara. Bi-monthly is better than quarterly or nothing at all. Plus there's still the new episodes every week on cartoon network.

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jan 20 2005, 12:48 PM
Post #33

Ah quit yer whining Kirara. Bi-monthly is better than quarterly or nothing at all. Plus there's still the new episodes every week on cartoon network.

Since it is my money I am spending I can whine if I want to. Of course Bimonthly is better than quarterly or nothing at all but just because something is better doesn't mean it is good. That is like saying it is better to be sick then to be dead, very true (in most cases) but being sick still sucks. That is an extreme example, but you know Vile One you don't have to praise everything about FMA and Funimation. If something warrants criticism I am going to criticize. Bi-monthly will take two years for a complete release, that is an unreasonably long time if you ask me.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jan 20 2005, 02:07 PM
Post #34

Guests

Can someone explain what Bi-Monthly and Quaterly means? Thanks! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Full Metalloid A...
post Jan 20 2005, 02:11 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 5,640

Bi-monthly means every two months, while quarterly means one for every quater of the year, maybe? So that would be like 4 a year, one every four months.

--------------------
--The Full Metalloid Alchemist--
user posted image

+Quote Post
ἀρχή
post Jan 20 2005, 02:57 PM
Post #36

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 3,228

Bi-monthly does suck. That means I have to pacify myself with something else for two months at a time sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jan 20 2005, 03:49 PM
Post #37

Guests

It seems too be released at a good pace hear me out, Feb,[skip month],April,May,[skip month],July, August<? Following his release dates:

"Fullmetal Alchemist volume 2: April 5, 2005

Fullmetal Alchemist volume 3: May 31, 2005

Fullmetal Alchemist volume 4: July 26, 2005"

And I know they are subject too change but it seems like its well spread. blink.gif

+Quote Post
*~Oashisu*~
post Jan 20 2005, 04:34 PM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 5,831

I agree that it is at least better than it coming out Quarterly, or just randomly. Other series DVDs sometimes only come out all the way after the series is over... That wouldnt be good. We would all have to sit and wait, counting the days. >.>

--------------------
deviantART's Not-So-Official Vic Mignogna Fan Club!

Avatar © Me, but most of the textures © to their respectful owners.

Visit My Pathetic Art!

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jan 20 2005, 06:12 PM
Post #39

QUOTE(Kirara @ Jan 20 2005, 07:48 PM)

Since it is my money I am spending I can whine if I want to. Of course Bimonthly is better than quarterly or nothing at all but just because something is better doesn't mean it is good. That is like saying it is better to be sick then to be dead, very true (in most cases) but being sick still sucks. That is an extreme example, but you know Vile One you don't have to praise everything about FMA and Funimation. If something warrants criticism I am going to criticize. Bi-monthly will take two years for a complete release, that is an unreasonably long time if you ask me.

This doesn't warrent criticism though. I actually think bi-monthly releases are pretty good and reasonable if you ask me.

First of all, you don't know it will take 2 years just because it seems volumes 1-4 seem to be released every 2 months. Second so what if it does? It will give you a long term goal for the next couple of years smile.gif .

Plus did you ever think with the DVD production, that maybe bi-monthly is the fastest amount of time they can get it out and still be good?

This just seems to be an insignificant issue to complain about. I'm just happy that we are getting any DVD's seeing as to how some big corporations like dreamworks royally screw up with DVD releases for high quality anime.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jan 20 2005, 07:38 PM
Post #40

Guests

Ah I am sure Funimation can release the series once a month, they have done it with Yu Yu Hakusho (which is partially monthly and partially bimonthly). Besides by the time the first DVD comes out 13 episodes will be shown on tv. By the time they get up to the 13th episode on DVD it will be the 4th DVD. This gives them a lot of room to release DVDs earlier. Plus I read that they are already working on episode 25.

And I don't need any more long time goals. With all the book, anime and manga series I am into I will be collecting series for many years to come. I was hoping I could get FMA without all this ridiculous waiting. And if it will be released every two months it will be approximately 2 years since there will be 13 DVDs, you just have to do the math.

And I still don't see what the big deal about complaing is. I am not saying that I hate funimation or I am not going to buy the DVDs because of this, I am just saying that I am a little upset that the DVDs will not be released sooner. Besides having to wait longer it is also something that I will have to spend money on for a longer period of time.

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jan 20 2005, 07:49 PM
Post #41

Is it just me or does anyone else want to get rid of that guest feature. I logged in but then when I posted I was logged out as a guest. sad.gif.

I hate it because I can't edit my post and I always end up making typos Plus I don't like to be anonymous, so everytime I accidently post as a guest I make sure to say it is me.

But to add something of "substance" to this post. Another point is I would actually prefer that DVD releases were before the Television releases. I always worry that I will somehow miss the television episode but if the episodes were out on DVD first I wouldn't have to worry about this. And I know once it comes out on DVD I will eventually see all the episodes but with a series like FMA you can't watch episodes out of order. But oh well!

And to make you happy Vile One I am still very excited that FMA is being released here. I wanted to see the series for a long time. And with all my complaints (though I don't think I complain that much) I do admit what we are getting is much better than nothing at all.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jan 20 2005, 10:15 PM
Post #42

Guests

Besides the DVD manufacturing process and packaging, they have to take in the concern that the TV broadcasts(and repeats) should be allowed to have their possession of the audience for a while. If the DVDs are available just after or even at the same time as those broadcasts, who will bother to watch them and give the stations the needed ratings to attract advertisters/sponsors?

You watch the show, get interested, then buy the DVDs when they come out. That's the working model the industry is following.

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jan 20 2005, 11:23 PM
Post #43

QUOTE(Guest @ Jan 21 2005, 02:38 AM)
Ah I am sure Funimation can release the series once a month, they have done it with Yu Yu Hakusho (which is partially monthly and partially bimonthly). Besides by the time the first DVD comes out 13 episodes will be shown on tv. By the time they get up to the 13th episode on DVD it will be the 4th DVD. This gives them a lot of room to release DVDs earlier. Plus I read that they are already working on episode 25.

And I don't need any more long time goals. With all the book, anime and manga series I am into I will be collecting series for many years to come. I was hoping I could get FMA without all this ridiculous waiting. And if it will be released every two months it will be approximately 2 years since there will be 13 DVDs, you just have to do the math.

And I still don't see what the big deal about complaing is. I am not saying that I hate funimation or I am not going to buy the DVDs because of this, I am just saying that I am a little upset that the DVDs will not be released sooner. Besides having to wait longer it is also something that I will have to spend money on for a longer period of time.
[snapback]92785[/snapback]

Think about it this way. Now you will have more time to save up for the next release wink.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chibi Viki
post Jan 21 2005, 01:30 AM
Post #44

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 32

Is it just me or does anyone else want to get rid of that guest feature. I logged in but then when I posted I was logged out as a guest. .

I hate it because I can't edit my post and I always end up making typos Plus I don't like to be anonymous, so everytime I accidently post as a guest I make sure to say it is me.

why don't you just log in and check the box w/ the label "remember me in this computer/remember my login" ? Works for me, and I don't have to log in everytime i come here.

what's the guest feature for? it's for people who are not registered as members of this forum.

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jan 21 2005, 06:38 AM
Post #45

why don't you just log in and check the box w/ the label "remember me in this computer/remember my login" ? Works for me, and I don't have to log in everytime i come here.

I do that is the point. I am logged in for awhile and the one time I forget to check I am not logged in anymore.

what's the guest feature for? it's for people who are not registered as members of this forum.

Well no other forum I belong to allows unregistered users to post. You can browse the message board without posting to see if you want to join and then register to post.

Besides the DVD manufacturing process and packaging, they have to take in the concern that the TV broadcasts(and repeats) should be allowed to have their possession of the audience for a while. If the DVDs are available just after or even at the same time as those broadcasts, who will bother to watch them and give the stations the needed ratings to attract advertisters/sponsors?

You watch the show, get interested, then buy the DVDs when they come out. That's the working model the industry is following.

There are shows (such as Yu Yu Hakusho and Dragonball Z) that the DVDs were released before the tv airdate, so it is not impossible. You can also look at it the other way around. Certain people might not buy the DVDs because they have already seen it on TV.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 10:21 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css