HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Kale Mustang
post May 14 2009, 09:49 PM
Post #15436

Major General

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ May 14 2009, 09:27 PM) *
@Kale Mustang: I liked your Royai scenario, someone needs to make that a fanfic

laugh.gif

Thanks. I had a feeling that everyone would like the scenario that I put forth (and yes, I actually thought of it on the fly).

I thought it was a plausible scenario because it's actually subtle, as on the surface, it's two comrades/friends just taking care of one another but under the surface, it's more meaningful because of their bond.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post May 14 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #15437

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

@DistantBlue: Possible situation, but I don't think it will happen. Consider this, we know that Riza wouldn't live without Roy, we got the confirmation ample times, with Chapters 39 and 95 being the ultimate proof.
Do you think Roy on his part, would continue living as if nothing happened? He lost Maes. He looses Riza. The man wouldn't be able to sustain two such great losses in his life and I think he would decide to end it - similar as to what Riza told him in the latest chapter.
It may sound overly optimistic but I don't think any one of the two will die. Other people may, but not Roy or Riza. Plus, I think that Arakawa doesn't have in mind killing off any of the main characters (i.e. Ed, Win, Al, Roy or Riza). They were so close to die, Roy and Riza I mean, plenty of times... and considering they haven't up till now, means something to me.

Plus I want them to survive all of this mess together.

Yay for Royai day coming up <3

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post May 14 2009, 10:40 PM
Post #15438

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 68,646

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ May 14 2009, 09:49 PM) *
QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ May 14 2009, 09:27 PM) *
@Kale Mustang: I liked your Royai scenario, someone needs to make that a fanfic

laugh.gif

Thanks. I had a feeling that everyone would like the scenario that I put forth (and yes, I actually thought of it on the fly).

I thought it was a plausible scenario because it's actually subtle, as on the surface, it's two comrades/friends just taking care of one another but under the surface, it's more meaningful because of their bond.

The subtlety of Royai is one of the reasons I love them so much. And that scenario def fits them perfectly; it says a lot about what they have between each other without throwing it in your face. And I feel like that just makes it so much sweeter, because Arakawa doesn't have to go out of her way to show us how close they are, it shows in nearly everything they do whether that was her intention or not laugh.gif

QUOTE (amestris_star @ May 14 2009, 10:23 PM) *
@DistantBlue: Possible situation, but I don't think it will happen. Consider this, we know that Riza wouldn't live without Roy, we got the confirmation ample times, with Chapters 39 and 95 being the ultimate proof.
Do you think Roy on his part, would continue living as if nothing happened? He lost Maes. He looses Riza. The man wouldn't be able to sustain two such great losses in his life and I think he would decide to end it - similar as to what Riza told him in the latest chapter.
It may sound overly optimistic but I don't think any one of the two will die. Other people may, but not Roy or Riza. Plus, I think that Arakawa doesn't have in mind killing off any of the main characters (i.e. Ed, Win, Al, Roy or Riza). They were so close to die, Roy and Riza I mean, plenty of times... and considering they haven't up till now, means something to me.

I have to admit I am still a little nervous for Riza, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Riza is Arakawa's favorite character (is this true or have I just fabricated it lol?) so hopefully she won't do anything too bad to her!

I'm so glad the semester will be over in time for Royai day, I'll have plenty of time to fangirl properly biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post May 14 2009, 11:10 PM
Post #15439

^@Aribelle: Fear not, I don't think Arakawa has something so dramatic/angsty in her mind in relation to Roy and Riza. Maybe yes, they'll be (yet again) on the brink of death, any one of them, but I don't think they'll die wink.gif

(And if that happened I'll be the first to get myself to Hokkaido XD)

--------------------

Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post May 15 2009, 06:21 AM
Post #15440

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (amestris_star @ May 15 2009, 02:23 AM) *

That's exactly how it see it, too XD

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Gimpyhair
post May 15 2009, 06:38 AM
Post #15441

Alchemists

Member No.: 68,172

QUOTE (Aribelle @ May 14 2009, 11:13 PM) *
I personally think that Riza knows that she stands no chance against Wrath, Pride, or Father, and I think she'd also figure that if she put herself in a situation where she was up against them it would just make trouble for Roy, so I'm fairly confident that she'll be smart when facing them...not 100%, but fairly.

True, she have no chances against Wrath, Pride and Father, guns are no use. BUT, against Wrath, she have one advantage: she is the only one who knows that he choose his wife, something that could be his one weakness. Plus, Roy and Riza did save her from the Central army, when the army were allowed to shoot "anyone but Mustang". Bradley could, from a certain degree, be grateful to them. Hawkeye have no chance with guns, but with words, I think she could turn the tables.

QUOTE (Causmicfire @ May 14 2009, 06:39 PM) *
I believe suggested three different time frames: We could have a whole week of RoyAi Day from the 8th through the 14th, so that everyone has a chance to contribute, the 9th-13th(just a bit shorter), still a good amount of time for all posters to join in, or the 10th-12th because depending on which timezone everyone is on posts could fall on any one of those days and still be officially RoyAi Day in some part of the world...for example, by the time it's 10:00 am on the 11th for me, it'll already be the 12th over in Japan.

Like years before, each day could encompass something in the general theme, "New Beginnings", but have their own sub-theme.

Such as the "Infinite Playlist" theme Kale Mustang put forth. People could choose a song they feel relates to Roy and Riza, and use their own interpretation of the song for inspiration for a fic/art/amv/mmv. (Or we could all make suggestions & compile a list of songs before hand)

....Oh, and lets get some feedback about the date range! We can really get into discussion about the event after that.

9-13 would also be my choice biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post May 15 2009, 08:55 AM
Post #15442

Major General

Just giving you guys a heads-up.

I'm good for June 9-13, though I have an all-day family thing on the 13th so most likely everything on my end will be worked on the 14th.

If I have internet access, I'll try to work on the 13th when I can.

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post May 15 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #15443

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

QUOTE (Aribelle @ May 15 2009, 01:40 AM) *
I have to admit I am still a little nervous for Riza, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Riza is Arakawa's favorite character (is this true or have I just fabricated it lol?)

I know nothing of this.
I would greatly welcome LINKS PLZ to the interview where it was stated...

Re: Playlist. There used to be a very cool "character music/soundtrack" thread on these forums SOMEWHERE, but it was back in like 2006-2007 and I think it died. Making a list of songs could be fun.

I have had some thoughts about whether the Roy arc is going to continue from here on out, and I have a feeling is ISN'T, however, I think that Riza's injury has the potential to be an important plot point since tending to it could possibly reveal the tattoo, and right now, the only ones we KNOW whoknow about it are Roy and Riza. (Not even sure if Father knows. Maybe he has some sort of suspicion? Knowing the abilities Roy is capable of?) Who knows. Probably won't go anywhere, but it COULD. Someone should write a fic about that. (Hell, I would just like the see a fic of Roy tending Riza's injuries!! W00t. Sexy.)

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post May 15 2009, 11:38 AM
Post #15444

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

Liz - Every scennenario Arakawa skips over from here on out...I am making a fan fiction for. It's decided LOL I have faith that she'll bring that up eventually, though, because of the tattoo. It's kind of unavoidable.

How bad are her injuries? Are they enough to prevent her from fighting to her best capacity, do you think?

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ May 15 2009, 12:27 AM) *
For those wondering about my 'Infinite Playlist' idea, it is and isn't a sub-theme. What I mean by that is that the overall theme is 'New Beginnings' but I also realized that any moment can mark a new beginning.

Songs, either the song itself or the theme of the song, are often used by people to remember a particular moment that's meaningful to them: first meeting, first kiss, first dance, etc. so I thought that using a song's theme/imagery/ideas would be a neat idea because everyone has a different interpretation of a song's lyric. It's a bit more challenging than a straight-up songfic as I didn't just want the fanwork to simply integrate the song - but rather, I want to know why a specific song was chosen.

Hope this clears up any questions about the idea itself.

LOL I forgot about this idea. Now my fan fiction fits under the "New Beginnings" AND "Infinite Playlist" because I named it Never Too Late (by Two Days Grace), even without knowing this...I'll try and write another one, though!

As for sacrifices, if they're against shooting Mustang, they're using him for something. "Opening the door"...sorry to sound stupid, but what's the difference between "opening the door" and being a sacrifice? Is there one?

Does it mean he's the one that makes the sacrifice, and then Ed and the sacrifices are used as a trade for Truth? I'm sorry, I'm bad with this Truth door/gate/whatever stuff.

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post May 15 2009, 12:14 PM
Post #15445

QUOTE (CodenameElizabeth @ May 15 2009, 11:18 AM) *
QUOTE (Aribelle @ May 15 2009, 01:40 AM) *
I have to admit I am still a little nervous for Riza, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Riza is Arakawa's favorite character (is this true or have I just fabricated it lol?)

I know nothing of this.
I would greatly welcome LINKS PLZ to the interview where it was stated...

Re: Playlist. There used to be a very cool "character music/soundtrack" thread on these forums SOMEWHERE, but it was back in like 2006-2007 and I think it died. Making a list of songs could be fun.

I have had some thoughts about whether the Roy arc is going to continue from here on out, and I have a feeling is ISN'T, however, I think that Riza's injury has the potential to be an important plot point since tending to it could possibly reveal the tattoo, and right now, the only ones we KNOW whoknow about it are Roy and Riza. (Not even sure if Father knows. Maybe he has some sort of suspicion? Knowing the abilities Roy is capable of?) Who knows. Probably won't go anywhere, but it COULD. Someone should write a fic about that. (Hell, I would just like the see a fic of Roy tending Riza's injuries!! W00t. Sexy.)

I tried to search for a link last night, and did not find one. Hence I think I am just crazy laugh.gif

I think the Roy arc is pretty much over, although I think it deserves at least a few more panels to wrap it up, which is what I think we're going to get. And I don't know how bad Riza's injury is...but it seems pretty superficial, and she seems to be doing just fine for the time being, although I suppose once the adrenaline wears off she might start feeling it more. But I do think it warrants a "how are you feeling?" or "we should get that taken care of" from Roy. At least biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post May 15 2009, 12:18 PM
Post #15446

Major General

If anything, I think Riza's more just banged up and sore than at risk of bleeding heavily...as her injury looks like, to borrow a phrase here, 'tis only a flesh wound'.

If the wound was bad, Roy would probably consider cauterizing the wounds until they could properly treat it later.

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post May 15 2009, 12:27 PM
Post #15447

In fact, Chapter 39 shows that he knows how to treat those kinds of wounds... if they were bad or if Riza was in danger, he would have done just like he did with his own (cauterize them through fire, just like his). However, just like Kale said in his post, probably he knows that it's not such a... worrisome wound i.e. she won't bleed to death so he might take care of it himself.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aribelle
post May 15 2009, 12:27 PM
Post #15448

Yeah, I mean I think her biggest problem is going to be pain, but she's tough, I don't really think it'll phase her haha. I mean she didn't even flinch when the injury initially happened.

Of course, then there's infection and whatnot, but this is manga-land, such things do not exist laugh.gif

I still hope Roy checks up on her though. It would be a nice gesture biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post May 15 2009, 12:45 PM
Post #15449

Major General

QUOTE (Aribelle @ May 15 2009, 12:27 PM) *
Yeah, I mean I think her biggest problem is going to be pain, but she's tough, I don't really think it'll phase her haha. I mean she didn't even flinch when the injury initially happened.

Of course, then there's infection and whatnot, but this is manga-land, such things do not exist laugh.gif

I still hope Roy checks up on her though. It would be a nice gesture biggrin.gif

He will. He'll probably do it in a roundabout fashion if there's an audience, but if they're alone, he'll just ask directly.

+Quote Post
CodenameElizabet...
post May 15 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #15450

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,714

There was a really good fanfiction written back in the day that occurred post-Ishbal after Roy burned Riza's back. I totally wish I could find it. It was really well-written.

--------------------

BONES SHIPS ROIAI. (We have Proof.)

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 11:48 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css